I know this news came out of Sky Sports yesterday but it remains topical I think.
- A gap in valuation remains between Arsenal and Roma for sale of Granit Xhaka. Talks continue with all parties remaining hopeful a deal can be done.
- Marseille are interested in Matteo Guendouzi. Arsenal are listening to offers for Guendouzi and want to do a permanent deal. Guendouzi spent last season on loan at Hertha Berlin.
- Arsenal listening to offers for striker Eddie Nketiah. Nketiah has one year left on his contract and talks over a new deal have failed to find a resolution.
- Arsenal are in advanced talks with Stuttgart over the sale of defender Konstantinos Mavropanos. Mavropanos spent last season on loan at Stuttgart. A deal is expected to be finalised this week.
- Arsenal have rejected a bid from Aston Villa for forward Emile Smith Rowe. Arsenal not entertaining bids for the player and remain hopeful he will sign a new contract at the Emirates Stadium
- Arsenal are interested in Sheffield United ‘keeper Aaron Ramsdale. Ramsdale is one of a number of keepers Arsenal are looking at.They also remain interested in Brighton’s Mat Ryan. Once again throws into doubt the future of Bernd Leno who has intimated it may be time to move on.
- Brighton have rejected a £40m bid from Arsenal for defender Ben White.
- Arsenal are in talks with Anderlecht over the signing of midfielder Albert Lokonga. Lokonga is 21 and has been capped by Belgium U21s.
- Arsenal remain interested in Wolves midfielder Ruben Neves. There is a gap in the valuation for the player.
Also linked to Arsenal is James Maddison which would be great if a move came off but I just can’t see it happening. But it does seem like there’s legs to the Ben White and Albert Lokonga stories.
Aaron Ramsdale is an interesting one. Might he better for Arsenal than Leno?
Quite like the fact that with most of his saves, he manages to push the ball away from goal and not back into the path of an opponent. You’d get better odds at machines à sous than you would on Leno punching the ball to safety.
As said, I’d love Maddison at Arsenal, Bissouma too and if White does join Arsenal, then we’d have a right back, defensive midfielder and centre back all in one player. If Arsenal want them, especially those who the club have reportedly made an offer for, they’ve got to go back with a better offer sharpish. If they don’t, another club soon will.
It does seem though that Arsenal have begun to move in this transfer window. Arsenal and transfers don’t seem to move very quickly so whilst your waiting for the big signing to be announced, take a look at best online casino Australia and have some fun.
As far as the exits go, I’m not surprised Eddie Nketiah could be going. He needs to play and without sounding horrible, I don’t think he’s going to get any opportunity next season. Same with Mavropanos. If he’s happy where he is and he doesn’t fit the profile Mikel Arteta wants at the club, then selling him would be the right thing to do. ESR, well Aston Villa can take a long run off a short pier.
At the Euros, Granit Xhaka and his Swiss teammates were on the end of a 3-0 hammering yesterday so unless a miracle occurs, Switzerland are heading out of the tournament. Wales though did much better by beating Turkey 2-0. Arsenal old boy Aaron Ramsey missed a couple of sitters early on but finally got his goal after Bale produced a lovely through ball, A really good finish it was too. Unlike Bale’s penalty which he blazed high over the bar. Russia beat Finland in the other match of the day.
Today’s fixtures are:
Denmark v Belgium
Ukraine v North Macedonia
Holland v Austria
Just a reminder guys, let’s show a bit of respect for other people’s views and opinion rather than ridicule them. We may not agree, especially in relation to transfers and that’s good, healthy too but there’s a reason the word ‘debate’ is in the dictionary. Let’s talk to each other and not at each other.
See you in the comments.