My word it’s quiet this time of the year. Well, as far as Arsenal goes but there’s still plenty of football going on, certainly for a few of he under 21’s. Calum Chambers, Rob Holding, Hector Bellerin and Krystian Bielik are all in Poland trying to win the Euros which concludes on the 30th June. The competition may not mean much to us but it certainly will do them although depending on how far England and Spain go, it could have an impact on our start to the season which kicks off on the 6th August.

Also, there’s the Confederations Cup taking place right now and I think in this we just have Alexis Sanchez and Shokran Mustafi involved. Again though, depending on how far their respective country goes will determine when they get involved in pre-season and the new campaign. The final takes place on Sunday 3rd July.

The players normally return to pre-season training around the first/second week in July which really isn’t that far away. Right now though, other than those listed above, the rest are on holiday enjoying the sun, sea and in Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s case… a hammock!

I really can’t understand what Perrie Edwards see’s in him….

I digress. This picture comes from The Mail, together with a baseless story about how the Ox has grown frustrated with the lack of discussions over his new contract and he’s so furious, he’s ready to leave with Liverpool and Chelsea leading the race. Utter rubbish eh. Anyway, I wouldn’t mind my tootsies being dipped into those lovely clear waters, even if it did mean I had to suffer sitting in a hammock next to the Ox. I’m sure more photographs will emerge over the coming days as the boys enjoy a rest. I would say a well earned rest, however….

So, pre-season. It’s a busy one with a lot of travelling miles wise and some really tough opposition. Not in Australia of course which is our first port of call to face a Sydney FC side and then two days later Western Sydney Wanderers.

From Sydney to Shanghai where on Wednesday July 19th where we play Bayern Munich in the International Champions Cup. A couple of days later it’s Chelsea in Beijing which will be a dress rehearsal for the Charity Shield just a couple of weeks later. Once that match is done and dusted, it’s back home for The Emirates Cup where we’ll face both Benfica and Sevilla.

Emirates Cup 2017 match schedule:

Saturday 29th July 2017.

RB Leipzig v Sevilla FC (2pm)
Arsenal v SL Benfica (4:20pm)

Sunday 30th July 2017.

RB Leipzig v SL Benfica (2pm)
Arsenal v Sevilla FC (4:20pm)

Tickets are available on the official website.

Between now and there though I think it’s fair to say that all eyes are on the transfer window. Will Mbappe make the move to north London, what about Dybabla, could he be the big one arriving instead? What about Thomas Lemar, can Arsene Wenger convince the Frenchman that Arsenal FC, regardless of the lack of Champions League is the best place to be? After all, who’d want to be in Liverpool on a dark, wet and cold winters night? There’s links to Sander Berge too, a younger player from Norway who plays in the defensive midfield position and who can forget Lacazatte as he’s been heading to Arsenal for the last five summers hasn’t he?

In truth, there’s plenty of rumours if you can be bothered to look but they’re mostly garbage.

One which doesn’t seem to be though relates to Darren Burgess. The Australian born fitness expert is reported to be on the verge of taking up a new role as director of high performance within the club’s backroom staff. An Ivan Gazidis recruitment apparently but Burgess is no stranger to English football having spent a few years with Liverpool but apparently there was a fallout when Brenda Rogers employed his own fitness team and with that, Burgess left. He was desperate to return to English football though as it’s always been ‘his dream’ say The Telegraph.

I know absolutely nothing about the guy but if he’s as good as what we read, he may just have an impact on our season ahead, certainly mentally and physically and boy couldn’t we have done with a bit of help in that department during the dreadful couple of months which included losing to a Big Sam’s side 3-0!

That’s about it for another day. Good luck to England under 21’s later, hopefully Rob Holding will start this one. England need a win or they could have one toe on an aeroplane heading home…

It’s tipped to be the hottest day on record here in England today so SP50 on! Be safe…

PS – Takuma Asano has been refused a work permit again, so he’s agreed a deal to remain at German side VfB Stuttgart for another season. Better luck this time next year eh….

53 thoughts on “Arsenal reach striker agreement & A dream come true for soon to be second summer signing….

1. richard

June 19, 2017 at 10:15am

does the heading have anything to do with yo post or it click bait?

June 19, 2017 at 10:22am

Read it and you’ll see the headline is true. Burgess is coming in, Asano has agreed a move!

Is your comment anything interesting or just ignorant and quite rude?

June 19, 2017 at 10:24am

By the way, it’s ‘your post’ and ‘is it click bait’.

Before you criticise, do actually check your comment so it’s makes sense…

4. Adam

June 19, 2017 at 10:29am

it am di clickenbat richard

5. Adam

June 19, 2017 at 10:30am

Morning Rico. It is appalling out there. Thank gawd for portable air conditioning, even though it renders conversation pointless, due to the noise.

June 19, 2017 at 10:43am

Morning Adam. I was looking at one of those but it seems you need to hang a hose out of the window which kind of defeats the object… 🙂

It’s certainly a stinker here, poor Fido is struggling….

7. Adam

June 19, 2017 at 11:03am

Out of the door is better but it only has to be open a little bit. I’d go for it myself. It certainly makes a big difference.

8. Adam

June 19, 2017 at 11:10am

Rico. I Whatsapp’ed you.

9. potter

June 19, 2017 at 11:23am

Asano ? Another Dick Law special , He isn’t happy unless he has a few starlets plying trade elsewhere. Vela ,Campbell and now Asano. He must have gone off the margaritas and planters punch and got a taste for sake.

10. gnarleygeorge9

June 19, 2017 at 11:25am

Ha ha rico & Adam,

You Poms endure freezing cold winters, then you finally get a a bit of heat & you all head for the air con. Savour it 😎

June 19, 2017 at 11:30am

Do you have air con Gg?

June 19, 2017 at 11:35am

Well I’m in the garden enjoying the weather.

I read the headline about Hector Bellerin buying a house in Catalonia…
    Could be possible that he’s bought it for his parents?
    Not sure, don’t care really, it’s all very dull.
    And that wouldn’t fit the narrative would it.

June 19, 2017 at 11:43am

It is for his family Kev.. According to The Mail.. 🙂

14. Le Coq Monster

June 19, 2017 at 1:53pm

Thanks Rico.

I sunbathe with the hose next to me with attachment set on “mist”…………..spray myself and when dry spray again !……………….simples !.

My ride on mower needs welding so I drove it 2 miles down country lanes to a garage, should be ready asound 4pm, it`s nice to drive around on a convertible in the summer !
    🙂

See Jack Wilshere got married and posted a photo…………………………….

15. Le Coq Monster

June 19, 2017 at 1:57pm

Seems he had more than one wedding as it say`s .”women” ! …………………why he would want more than one sentence is beyond me ! hahahaha
    🙂

June 19, 2017 at 1:59pm

You do know how to live Lc… 🙂

17. Le Coq Monster

June 19, 2017 at 2:07pm

Hahaha…..yes Rico……all done on a budget !……………….some of Arsene is rubbing off on me !
    😆

18. Obi

June 19, 2017 at 2:46pm

Read that Bellerini would be donating, I forgot the amount, for every minute he plays at the under 21 Euros, for terror victims in England. I don’t think that if he want to leave he would be doing that p….

June 19, 2017 at 2:56pm

Good point Obi…

Funnily enough, this summer, Arsenal in the transfer market has had little or no effect on me. I guess I’m hardened to the effect of Arsenal disappointment in the transfer market and that I reached the BS limit and how much BS that you can be sold.
    I ain’t buying that shite anymore. Jog on..,

June 19, 2017 at 3:00pm

Exactly Obi, very good point…

Kev. I only hope for something good to have something to write about… 🙂

June 19, 2017 at 3:28pm

Rico, I will do you something in a few days, I have a couple of ideas.
    No transfer rubbish though… 🙂

June 19, 2017 at 4:15pm

Very hot and humid here. Lovely. Sweating like a beast!

Wot! No transfers yet?

The top, top players must all be steering away from toxic Arsenal!

Another summer of failure through neglect.

23. micko

June 19, 2017 at 5:00pm

Hi rico, not much to write home about these days is there.

If you get a chance later check out Mustafi’s assist…..pure class and before anyone says it, yes I know it’s only Australia.

24. Danish Gooner

June 19, 2017 at 5:39pm

Well earned rest,give me a break,he started performing the last three months because he knew his contract situation would be impossible if he didnt stop playing like a retard.If he goes he goes wont lose one minute of sleep over that.

June 19, 2017 at 5:51pm

Hi Micko. Nope, nothing other than media made up garbage – still, I’m sure we’ll get a young star signed up soon..

Talking of which, why on earth is Holding not playing for the under 21’s again…

Ha ha re Mustafi…

June 19, 2017 at 5:53pm

Read again Danish. Think you’ll find I didn’t say well earned rest. Just a rest… lol

27. gnarleygeorge9

June 19, 2017 at 9:04pm

Rico

Central heating/air con! I have to wrestle the controls from the shielas in my family when it gets over 30 degrees Celsius.

Crazy things can happen in the heat of the day/night. Normal conservative people are capable of anything, except Arsene Wenger. When it gets hot, hot, hot during the transfer season, he switches on Ground Hog Day to maximum😡

28. gnarleygeorge9

June 19, 2017 at 9:09pm

LC

No I haven’t 😂. I saw where that rather nice looking shiela had to leave her tell job coz she took the piss outa spuds bottling the league v West Ham. I hope Spuds supporters never see their chumps win the League again, ever!

29. ScottfromOz

June 20, 2017 at 9:41am

I could score against Australia, ATM, and I would set up 3 🙂

30. gnarleygeorge9

June 20, 2017 at 9:58am

Shortest day 2morrow. Thank £¥<{ for that😟

The Ox sounds Tasmanian, when he wants to. Our accent is more la de dah than those Vainlanders👍

31. ScottfromOz

June 20, 2017 at 10:16am

I have no accent 🙂

32. gnarleygeorge9

June 20, 2017 at 10:53am

Scott

All’s quiet coming out of Blighty HH. Maybe they all melted yesterday😎

33. Meerkat

June 20, 2017 at 11:33am

Yep. The silence is deafening from the goon show.
    Morning all, soooo hot, more than Spain but at least there we had air con and a pool.

NIce to see in your opening post rico, that Ox is having a dream holiday. Better than a nightmare season, boom boom.

Is le Prof doing his usual stint as an expert pundit on French TV this summer? It’s good to talk.

34. ScottfromOz

June 20, 2017 at 11:35am

GG,
    I think you’re right 🙂
    Miserable weather here, of late.
    I hope we run out of rain before the tour!!!

June 20, 2017 at 11:54am

The poisoned dwarf is accused of tax fraud in Spain!

Well who would’ve thought he was a dishonest dealer?

Toast! If proved true. Manure won’t put up with criminals in their franchise, will they?

Strangely cool and cloudy here today.

36. ScottfromOz

June 20, 2017 at 11:59am

Wavy, wouldn’t that be a sweet story, if proven?

June 20, 2017 at 1:38pm

Not ‘arf!

Revenge is always best when eaten cold!

38. potter

June 20, 2017 at 2:49pm

Mourinho, Ronaldo, Modric all up before the beak.,How many more Meringues before Rajoy can pay his Brussels masters back.

39. Le Coq Monster

June 20, 2017 at 5:25pm

Evening all…………………..love the weather, but some people complaining that it`s too hot !……..never too hot for me ! 🙂

Delivered to some place in this photo today…………The Surf Shack !……………….owners a Bindipper and we have banter with a cream tea…….obviously Cornish style, not like them Devon philistine`s !

Scott has no accent !……………….probably the Oz equivilent of Stephen Hawking !………………………” BEND OVER SHEILA WHILST I MANOUVRE MY GRAPPLING HOOKS WITH MY JOY STICK !” HAHAHA

40. ScottfromOz

June 21, 2017 at 6:28am

LC, quality stuff hahaha

41. Ed

June 21, 2017 at 7:02am

Try spelling and grammer checks, they are useful tools.

42. ScottfromOz

June 21, 2017 at 7:58am

Ed, agreed.
    It’s grammar, not grammer, by the way.

43. Adam

June 21, 2017 at 8:16am

Ed’s a tool, but hardly useful.

44. ScottfromOz

June 21, 2017 at 9:00am

Morning Adam,
    Amazing someone would jump on and offer that up, and nothing else.
    I’m really not sure why they’d bother.

45. Le Coq Monster

June 21, 2017 at 9:10am

I am totally baffled why there is no movement by Arsene in purchasing super quality additions to our squad…….it`s not like him at all !

You lot up the road must be cooking as it`s going to be over 30 degrees………even in Reading !………………a cool 27 degrees here !

Ed`s probably being cooked on Rico`s barbie !…………and she`s a veggie !……..moral…….dont mess with the Guv` as she has a 1001 recipes on how to stuff a butternut squash !

June 21, 2017 at 9:25am

Morning you three and all.

Not even sure who the ‘grammar’ comment was aimed at, perhaps me for the post. Hey ho, I care very little..

Lc, no flesh goes on our BBQ, especially not human. Perhaps a big pot though as in Fried Green Tomatoes at The Whistle Stop Cafe……..

🙂

June 21, 2017 at 9:29am

New post up now, Ed can criticise that one…

June 21, 2017 at 9:32am

Perhaps Ed was referring to Kelsey Grammer who may prove to be our best new signing. Got to admit, he is a quality act!

Morning all. Going to be hot here today. Blue skies, no wind and the temperature is rising gradually.