Main Target Snubs Arsenal? Yaya Gone, Sissoko Love-in & Reid Bid Expected Soon…

Well I guess it was no great shock to hear Christiano Ronaldo scooped the Balloon D’Boring Trophy last night was it. Hopefully next year our very own Alexis Sanchez might be in the reckoning for the so called prestigious award. Or maybe not as he’s an Arsenal player…

Talking of such high calibre of players, Yaya Sanogo has officially left us for the rest of the season as Alan Pardew hopes the player can help his side avoid relegation. I hope he does well, stays fit and improves a lot. Then we can sell him. lol Ok, I’m kidding, a bit…. Maybe now Joel Campbell will get more playing time….

In other news, the players are raving about our fine performance on Sunday lunchtime and yes, it was good, very good but let’s see them replicate that level of performance a few more times over the next couple of months before they get too carried away. Trips to the Etihad and then WHL will be a far tougher test, get something from both and perhaps a lot more positivity will return to even the most sceptical of fans.

In between those two away trips is a tricky FA fixture at Brighton and a home match against a dreadfully out of form Aston Villa.

In other news, Jose Mourinho continues to attack the PL referees, his latest victim being Phil Dowd. After Chelsea lost to the Toots, apparently, he went on a rant in the tunnel shouting at Dowd:

You’re too fat to referee, you should retire. You’ve cost us.

The under tall one has clearly not seen Jon Moss lately, Dowd looks a trim figure and quite speedy in comparison to him…. But at least it’s Jose having a rant and not Arsene, people like the Portuguese man, they think he’s the best thing in football, when he talks they listen. Good, listen, and finally do something about the standard of officiating in this country. It’s long overdue.

We are getting towards half way in this months transfer window and all we have seen is departures. Ok it’s only two but take two out of a very fragile squad which seems to get one back from injury only to lose another, the situation is far from ideal.

Newcastle’s Moussa Sissoko is doing all he can to attract the attention of Arsene Wenger by declaring his love for Arsenal. Winston Reid remains in the headlines too as a £3 million bid is being mentioned but if Arsene really wants the player, the longer he leaves it surely the less likely it is to happen, after all, Big Sam will need to find a replacement. Mind you, he may have already if he anticipates him being sold as that’s what organised managers do.

Then of course there is the saga surrounding Krystian Bielik. Apparently Arsenals best negotiators have been tasked with getting this deal done and dusted as quickly as they can but that all might be in vain as Hamburg coach Josef Zinnbauer believes they are very much in the race to snap him up.

Transfer rumours, just have to love them….

That’s it for Tuesday, have a good one…

106 thoughts on “Main Target Snubs Arsenal? Yaya Gone, Sissoko Love-in & Reid Bid Expected Soon…

January 13, 2015 at 10:50am

Morgan Schneiderlin to ManUre is the latest ‘good news’….

2. babakrdaemi

January 13, 2015 at 10:56am

You can’t win the Balloon D’ Or unless you play for a team that has won the European Cup. Thats why playing for Arsenal means you won’t win it, and why Henry never won it. If he played for Liverpool he would have it, I’m certain of that.

As a club we have to make every effort to win the CL and take, what is the only thing between us and being a truly elite club.

January 13, 2015 at 11:00am

Kev, It AW really wants Morgan, he needs to go in bid this window imo, come the summer, they’ll be many after him… If he’s still at Southampton then of course….

January 13, 2015 at 11:03am

Shows how stupid the award is then because it’s an individual one, not a team one…

5. eduardo

January 13, 2015 at 11:16am

the whole award thing is a joke, David Luiz got in the team of the year, despite being a bit part player at Chelsea, flopping at the world cup and now losing his place at PSG. But he takes a mean free kick and looks like side show bob.

January 13, 2015 at 11:18am

Couldn’t agree more eduardo….

7. scottfromoz

January 13, 2015 at 11:21am

If it were down to results, Neuer would have won it, so that argument is ridiculous.

January 13, 2015 at 11:27am

I wanted him to win it too Scott, when did a great keeper ever get recognised with an award….

9. bradster

January 13, 2015 at 11:30am

Afternoon all,

Totally agree Scott. Ronaldo played really well last season. If Suarez wasn’t a racist biter I would’ve had him in that top 3.

January 13, 2015 at 11:39am

Alexis next year it is then :)

January 13, 2015 at 11:39am

Lev Yashin won something some time ago! He was a great keeper, of his day. Neuer is also a wonderful goalie, but there is something about him that I just don’t like?

What a beautiful morning it has been. Blue skies, and no wind. Now it is dull and grey again and the cold wind is beginning to blow. Ho hum, just another british winters day!

January 13, 2015 at 11:49am

If manure buy Snakedinatin, it will cost them a shed load of cash on top of the £150m they’ve already shelled out, can somebody tell me, where their cash is coming from especially as they are carrying at least £500m of leveraged debt??
    I know it’s only a rumour and they probably aren’t interestd in him, but the question still stands. There are only so many shorts a club can sell and only so much sponsorship a club can attract, etc?

I wonder if Law and Wenger have a ‘gentleman’s agreement with Soton and they have agreed to buy him in the summer? He is french after all!

January 13, 2015 at 12:15pm

Was that back in the 30’s Wavy… 😉

January 13, 2015 at 12:16pm

You’d like to think that was the case, Scott but, all clubs have creative accountants who can find their way out of a paper bag! Clever chappies these money men.
    Do we have faith in Platini’s grande plan? Oui mais non!
    Will it prove to be FFP or ffs?!

January 13, 2015 at 12:25pm

Schneiderlin and Sissoko in front of our back-four, Workd for me Rico…

Will Wenger do it???

Of course he won’t…

Had an interesting chat with the artist responsible for creating the Poppies @ the Tower of London…

January 13, 2015 at 12:28pm

That’d work for me too Kev..

January 13, 2015 at 12:36pm

Moscow Dynamo? 60’s, joking aside! It was a long, long time ago now! But so was Jack Kelsey who, in terms of ability was not far behind the famous(?) Russian. Gone but never forgotten!
    Ah, happy days!

January 13, 2015 at 12:38pm

And me Kev! Too obvious, won’t happen!

19. tsgh

January 13, 2015 at 1:36pm

Whats all this Arsenal players do not win Balloon d’or stuff? I believe I saw Scott awarding Ramsey that award last season.. lol

Bt- if I was ever sent to Spain to buy Messi; I would defy AW and buy Miranda and Gabi from Ath. so you can make up a song of their names and sing that in your sleep. :-)

20. Marinello

January 13, 2015 at 1:40pm

Wavy, Jack Kelsey served me in 1964, in the original Arsenal shop lodged between the North Bank and below the East stand. A true legend and a true Gent.
    Then we went on a phase of many also ran keepers, Jim Standen, Ian McKechnie, Tony Burns, Jim ‘Fingers’ Furnell until Bob Wilson established himself.

21. tsgh

January 13, 2015 at 1:45pm

Afternoon all btw

22. tsgh

January 13, 2015 at 1:46pm

AW probably realised Morgan was not schooled in Bordeaux, Bastian or Auxerre so he is not buying him.. lol

23. tsgh

January 13, 2015 at 1:56pm

Folks are forgetting that as a 17y.o Morgan nearly joined us when we had song, Denilson and Cesc in 2007 but AW’s old club Strasbourg wanted all the cash upfront whilst we wanted to pay in installments allegedly..

I guess we thought he would stay and leave on a free the following summer but he moved to Southampton instead…

AW should have gone in for Morgan as soon as the season ended before the bin-dippers bought from the saints and made our job too difficult.

24. tsgh

January 13, 2015 at 2:28pm

At that time when we were after Morgan, we had the following players on our books all with promise
    1. Cesc
    2. Diaby
    4. Denilson
    5. Song
    6. Flamini
    7. Muamba
    8. Lansbury
    9. Randall
    10. Merida
    11. Flamini

Not forgetting Djourou (then a midfielder), Lansbury etc

January 13, 2015 at 2:29pm

Do you think Snickedinthebin had he come to us from Strasbourg that he would now be featuring in the first team? I don’t he would have been overlooked. Jack would have had first dibs and the the bought in Ramsey! Morgan meanwhile would have been left behind, or converted into a winger, maybe even a full back but a defensive midfielder? Do me a favour! Our children rarely come good, despite Wenger’s reputation for promoting youth. It’s all a bit of a myth I think? So missing MS years ago would have meant nothing now. He would probably be looking forward to a move to MK Dons as a replacement for Afobe!
    We don’t have a good track record when it comes to, ‘give me a child and I’ll show you the man’!
    Ebeneezer won’t pay Soton’s price so we can kiss MS goodbye! Think again………ummmmm……Le Coq, oh, and cheap, but as good? In the same league? Never mind the quality feel the cost! Why settle for the best when you can get something, not as good but, for nothing?
    Final comment. I wonder how good Coqy would be now if he had been developed at Soton???

26. tsgh

January 13, 2015 at 2:33pm

I ditto your point above Wavy.

He was like Hayden was for Strasbourg. He was mainly played as aRB/CB but he saw himself as a DM.

27. tsgh

January 13, 2015 at 2:36pm

😀 Ebenezer… I dont think AW is that bad.

Wavy- in my view Le Coq is where he is… in 2009 he was second choice to Frimpong and JW and even Lansbury in the youth team.

He was mainly a RB and played DM in the FA cup youth final when Frimpong came off injured in the first half…

28. tsgh

January 13, 2015 at 2:48pm

We were after Morgan and Kramer though in the summer…

Apparently the saints initially informed us that they woud make a decision on Morgan when Koeman arrived as Ronald had plans to bring his former player Witsel to the saints from Russia.

The player then attended one of our pre-season games; I believe Wath mentioned the player was a gooner and wanted to join us too but i guess Aw was not interested and Southampton was not attractive enough for Witsel to drop his salary expectations to join them 😉

January 13, 2015 at 2:59pm

Thanks for that Ginge. My info was mostly made up and largely negative! No change there then! But you filled in a few of the holes. None the less I just can’t see MS coming to us now, there are too many others sniffing around which will only increase his value to a point that we will dip out! As usual. But at least Wenger will be able to say that he nearly became an Arsenal player during a presser!
    Our team (shadow eleven) is full of should haves and could haves, and maybes, and if onlys, etc etc, Wenger’s ‘buys’ and his fantasy dreamers 11 will now contain another unbought Southampton player!

January 13, 2015 at 2:59pm

From Charlton to our new DM…..

31. tsgh

January 13, 2015 at 3:07pm

shadow 11.. it sounds like an old style kung-fu movie… lol

January 13, 2015 at 3:15pm

Nah, it was a Gerry Anderson puppetry production. Look at our lot, you can see the strings attached to their arms and feet, and all controlled by Puppeteer Wenger!! The Shadow 11 that is!

33. tsgh

January 13, 2015 at 3:17pm

One of the funniest things I just read… :-) :-) if true it is a shocker.

Apparently we went in to B04 to try to take Kramer’s loan from M’glabach. 😀

If true only Arsenal will try to take a 23 y.o German who had just played in the WC final on loan…

34. tsgh

January 13, 2015 at 3:18pm

ha ha ha Wavy… Puppetry production.

January 13, 2015 at 3:34pm

Sometimes it would really be nice if we acted like a big club.

January 13, 2015 at 5:07pm

Evening all..

Shocking weather here, rain, sleet, snow and high winds… Lights keep going off… Welcome to winter…

Have we signed anyone? Lol

January 13, 2015 at 5:25pm

Gundogan – if the rumours are right and we have made an offer for him, doesn’t make a lot of sense without signing a Dm and Ch as well….

38. Lewis

January 13, 2015 at 5:53pm

Same old Arsenal offering 3 mill for a player we desperately need. West Ham are going well this year, therefore Reid is worth more to them if he stays, compensate them accordingly or They will tell us to F Off.

Evening all.

Anyone know what’s the crack with Gnabry this season? I was expecting a breakthrough but heard or seen nada.

January 13, 2015 at 5:57pm

Don’t think he’s fit Lewis, not yet..

January 13, 2015 at 7:16pm

Hope he signs it…..

41. Bt62 Gooner

January 13, 2015 at 7:25pm

Me to, Rico….
    Evening all.

42. Joe

January 13, 2015 at 7:32pm

Why are is it we are always signing youth players spend some f****ing money :)
    Oh we have 125million in the last two seasons never mind sorry 😉

43. potter

January 13, 2015 at 7:32pm

Transfer window nearly halfway gone and we are tickling around the edges.

44. Joe

January 13, 2015 at 7:34pm

I am wonder how much both inter and palace are paying in loan fees and how much of each players wages.

45. Joe

January 13, 2015 at 7:36pm

46. Joe

January 13, 2015 at 7:38pm

Are we getting enough to pay for Reid

47. Bt62 Gooner

January 13, 2015 at 7:40pm

Rico, good question, i’m sure there is lot for him to consider, especially having watched Sanogo get plenty of time before him.

January 13, 2015 at 7:40pm

Never enough to endure a strong and balanced squad though Joe!

January 13, 2015 at 7:42pm

Same old Potter, keeping my fingers crossed though….

50. Bt62 Gooner

January 13, 2015 at 7:43pm

Ts, what did you think of the Barca v Atletico match on Sunday night?

January 13, 2015 at 7:53pm

tsgh 2.28, you gotta stop bigging up Flamini, it’s getting boring !

Evening fine folk.

January 13, 2015 at 7:57pm

Ts bigging up Flamini Micko, never saw that coming… lol

January 13, 2015 at 7:59pm

Lee 3.34, spot on, can anyone name me a club in world football that brings in more revenue than Arsenal on a matchday ?

January 13, 2015 at 8:03pm

rico, think you got it bad, my satellite dish has done a 180 degree’s turn today, haven’t any tv until the weekend now, the weather is wild here, lots of snow at the moment.

55. potter

January 13, 2015 at 8:08pm

Loan fees and wages ? Joe . ? We should not be in that position . We should have enough to finance a deal for Reid if that’s what your inferring.

56. Joe

January 13, 2015 at 8:09pm

A ladder and turn it round or a long stick and poke it

January 13, 2015 at 8:11pm

Crikey Micko, that sounds rotten, hope it all soon clears…

58. Rick

January 13, 2015 at 8:11pm

Evening Rico and the House .
    Pleased to say the weather has improved down south hope its moving your way (the better weather)
    Potter I don’t know when we made the new contract offer to Akpom but I was told about it following the u21 game against Bolton on the 15th Dec. A few days later Jeorge Bird stated the club was working hard trying to get him to sign it but he was said to be taking his time about. Like others I hope to see him in the team against Brighton because that is what he needs.

January 13, 2015 at 8:13pm

Haha Joe, I’d need a parachute to jump off a kerb !
    More high winds forecast for tomorrow, gotta tie everything down.

January 13, 2015 at 8:15pm

Evening Rick, I hope it’s heading my way too thanks, and then onto Micko….

61. Joe

January 13, 2015 at 8:19pm

Talk in the evening standard is we have only 25m in this window and that’s going to be spent on Bielik and Carvalho.
    I know I know it’s paper talk but 25m seems about right to me maybe others have a better idea on how much cash we have to spend.

62. Joe

January 13, 2015 at 8:20pm

Well you may get some rabbits ears and watch RTE.

January 13, 2015 at 8:24pm

I’m jumping on the bandwagon and blaming Iceland for the weather, sepp blatter not ronaldo for the Balloon D’Boring as you put it so nicely rico.

January 13, 2015 at 8:28pm

Didn’t know Iceland did home delivery your way Micko….

January 13, 2015 at 8:29pm

Joe, a different paper said it was £20 million

January 13, 2015 at 8:34pm

Must have forgot to mention me and Peter Andre get on like a house on fire, put that in your pipe and smoke it kev !

67. Joe

January 13, 2015 at 8:36pm

That’s why I was wondering are we collecting up our pennies to buy Reid.
    Still think we will sending more players out on loan also we may well sell more than one youth team players.

January 13, 2015 at 8:39pm

Don’t think the club need to collect pennies to sign Reid, if £3 million really is the price, that’s like you or me spending 50p….

69. Joe

January 13, 2015 at 8:40pm

Micko if you have Sky and you may already done this if you sign up for sky go and watch. Your sky package on two electronic devices.

70. Rick

January 13, 2015 at 8:42pm

Joe when I saw we were in to buy Bielik I tried to find out who would pay the transfer fee the club or the acadamy.
    No one would talk abouut it but off the recored it was hinted that the Loan Fees for Podolski and Sanango plus their wages were more then the financial package required to sign Bielik. As far as I can make out Arsene will still have what ever sum he was promised he could have.

71. Joe

January 13, 2015 at 8:43pm

Rico you are probably right

January 13, 2015 at 8:44pm

Silent Witness is on shortly do I’ll catch up with you folk tomorrow..

Night all…

73. Joe

January 13, 2015 at 8:47pm

Rick thanks that makes a lot of sense if Wenger iOS going to spend big on one player.

74. Joe

January 13, 2015 at 8:48pm

iOS is not me it’s the blood iPad

January 13, 2015 at 8:50pm

Joe, don’t mind admitting I’m a bit of a thicko when it comes to those sort of things, all I know is the engineer is turning up Saturday morning, having said that my mobile is pretty much up to date, got it in 2007, someone told me they come with camera’s now, I just laughed in their face.

January 13, 2015 at 8:52pm

Peter Andre eh???

I’m very impressed Mick…

Now when are you doing that charity bungee jump???

77. Bt62 Gooner

January 13, 2015 at 8:56pm

Night Rico…

78. Rick

January 13, 2015 at 8:57pm

And will you be wearing suspenders Miko, (whenyou do the Jump)

January 13, 2015 at 9:00pm

Bielik and Reid and thats about that I reckon, no more than £10 million spent…

Rick, who would you go with this weekend, Bellerin or Chambers at R/B..?

January 13, 2015 at 9:00pm

Bellerin for me…

81. Rick

January 13, 2015 at 9:05pm

Without doubt Kev Bellerin. Chambers is not a right back.

82. Bt62 Gooner

January 13, 2015 at 9:06pm

Leaning that way myself, Kev….

Will you wear Lycra for the jump?

January 13, 2015 at 9:09pm

Nothing is sacred these days Kev, wath has a lot to answer for, he did tell me he’d give anything to drink a cup of Susan Boyles bath water but unlike him I’m able to keep a secret.

January 13, 2015 at 9:10pm

I always wear Lycra BT…

January 13, 2015 at 9:11pm

She is a bit of a babe though Mick…

January 13, 2015 at 9:19pm

Yeah, know what you mean kev, if only we were ten years younger eh!

Nite Gooners, Bt, kev, joe, Rick..

January 13, 2015 at 9:29pm

Night John Boy !

91. Bt62 Gooner

January 13, 2015 at 10:11pm

Night Elizabeth..

92. Joe

January 13, 2015 at 10:33pm

Jenks scores in the penalty shoot out

93. potter

January 14, 2015 at 12:34am

Ozils message to Yaya :- Good luck to @Yayasanogoal22! See you soon! ✌ #CrystalPalace #Arsenal #Gunners

January 14, 2015 at 8:27am

Only thing with that Susan Boyle she picks her nose with her elbows! Not a pretty sight!

January 14, 2015 at 8:33am

We must be playing Palace soon then… lol

Morning all, we have snow!

96. Joe

January 14, 2015 at 8:46am

Morning everyone just heavy frost here

97. tsgh

January 14, 2015 at 9:48am

Good morning Rico, GJ, Lee and all…