Medical complete, so where is he? Besiktas benefit from Arsenal education…..

Well I know nothing about tonight’s opposition, other than Demba Ba plays for them, as does one of our old youngsters, Oguzhan Ozyakup.

Arsene Wenger has spoken about the 21 year old:

I’m happy that he came here. He was educated by us and we saw that he had top quality and technically he is very good. Physically he can run all day, he has very good stamina and a good final pass.

I always thought he could make a career but at our club he had big competition in front of him and that is why we let him go.

It is good to see he has made it to the top level and is now an important player in Turkey.

That good eh Arsene, well why didn’t he get a chance?

Both Kieran Gibbs and Yaya Sanogo have hamstring injuries and miss out. As do the three World Cup winners.

Laurent Koscielny has recovered from his injury problem and he will partner Calum Chambers in the centre of defence.

Arsene Wenger also had this to say in his press conference last night:

The play-off is not not affecting too much my transfer policy. Financially it is a big game but it’s not that that’s the most important thing. We want to compete at the top level, we want to fight against the best in Europe and that’s the real target of the competition tomorrow.

To be honest, his transfer policy seems to have died an early death after the flurry of quick signings were announced so either this match and the away leg is holding things up or we really have done all we are going to do this summer. Somehow though I doubt it’s the latter as the manager would have to daft to believe we have a squad anywhere deep enough or strong enough to compete this season.

Right now the best thing Arsenal can do is get a handsome victory tonight, one which will almost guarantee our place in the group stages and if there are a few big names waiting for us to qualify before signing on the dotted line, they may just be snapped up a bit earlier.

One can only assume that Besiktas, being the home side, will be all out to score goals tonight in attempt to take a lead to The Emirates.

That might just play into our hands, unlike Palace whose defence was tighter than Arsene Wenger!

Gossip:

Kostas Manolas is soon set to to sign for us as according to many reports, he’s agreed personal terms and had his medical. So where is he I wonder?

The Sami Khedira stories rumble on too and bearing in mind his agents were supposed to be in London yesterday to sort out his future, perhaps he’ll be an Arsenal player soon too..

The Star continue to report that Podolski could soon be a Gonner.

Come on Arsenal, get the victory tonight and then get the final pieces of the jigsaw signed and sealed…

COYRRG’s….

Have a good day all…

325 thoughts on “Medical complete, so where is he? Besiktas benefit from Arsenal education…..

August 19, 2014 at 10:50am

Thanks Nickie.

August 19, 2014 at 10:50am

First time we’ve played the captain Kirks!

August 19, 2014 at 10:51am

I know absolutely nothing about them – hope Wenger has done more homework than me……

4. Nickie

August 19, 2014 at 10:57am

2-0 win I think, Demba ba won’t be as lethal without the service. They have to impress their fans and certainly won’t sit back. We will bide our time and pick em off.

5. Bt62 Gooner

August 19, 2014 at 10:59am

Good post Rico, know little of Besiktas, third biggest team in Turkey i believe.

August 19, 2014 at 11:05am

Nickie, he wasn’t that lethal with some service.. lol

August 19, 2014 at 11:05am

Lee, that fan has a point… ;)

August 19, 2014 at 11:06am

Thanks Bt, should we be concerned I wonder. The place will be very hostile…

9. Hell Raising Devil

August 19, 2014 at 11:07am

Good Morning Munchkins and Chipmunks

Good post Rico…..why dont you email him the question….That good eh Arsene, well why didn’t he get a chance?

I saw him play twice for our youth teams…..and I was impressed. Yes we had competition. Song for example.

10. Scott From Oz

August 19, 2014 at 11:09am

Lee, show some imagination…..50 quid?
    Come on :) :) :)

August 19, 2014 at 11:11am

Thanks Devil.

Doesn’t make sense does it? Goes back to what some have been saying for a while, the manager has his favourites and plays them regardless.

Adam said yesterday that he’d like to think that cream rises to the top but how can when certain players don’t even get a chance, yet others get selected regardless of how average they play…

Song being the prime example…

12. dublingunner

August 19, 2014 at 11:13am

Fabregas impresses, costa scores, chelsea win. thats a headline i didnt want to see this morning.I hope wenger knew what he was doing with cesc,Cant see past them this season for the league. Anyway we would want to be very careful at the back tonight. gibbs out, koscielny might not be a 100% fit and i hope were not over playing chambers, so early in the season. 17 years in row if we qualify for champs league, but i cant help thinking, statistically we could be due a change of luck and not qualify.If we keep on getting 4th place. one year it will happen. hopefully not this year .

August 19, 2014 at 11:13am

£5k then

14. emma

August 19, 2014 at 11:14am

Goodmorning all,
    Good post rico,

It was Burnley FFS,

If The Arsenal had gone to burnley(a newly promoted team with majority/all of it’s players without EPL experience) and controlled the match beating them 3-1, the media will still say it’s burnley. But the chavs went and hammered them and in their eyes automatically wins the league. Would have love to see them play crystal palace in d opening fixtures and see how they fair with the compact defending palace put up. Lets not forget the chavs next match is another newly promoted team Leicester so the media w*nkfest continues

Not surprised by Cesc ‘the traitor’ performance. When he was with us and even when he went to barca, he starts off the season fast and furious and cools off at the beginning of the new year. Doubt if it will change

15. rogerbij

August 19, 2014 at 11:14am

Anyone else feeling a bit sick watching maestro Fabregas doing his thing for Chelsea? I know a lot on here didnt want him back. I did. Ive got a bad feeling we’re going to be sorry for not taking him back…

16. Scott From Oz

August 19, 2014 at 11:15am

Hahahaha.
    You are that confident we are so bad :)
    How’s about a bottle of something?

17. Scott From Oz

August 19, 2014 at 11:16am

Emma, good point, and one made by Barca’s president…Cesc died off badly towards the end of the season.

August 19, 2014 at 11:17am

Thanks emma, that’s my view too…

August 19, 2014 at 11:20am

I’m not saying we are bad Scott, I just think Chelsea have a better squad and have addressed their weaknesses, whereas we haven’t (yet).
    Ok, a bottle of fizz or wine your call mate but we gotta drink it together!!! ;)

20. Scott From Oz

August 19, 2014 at 11:22am

Now that is a deal, Lee !!!!
    I don’t think they’ve done that much, to be honest.
    Cesc and Costa, who is unproven in the PL, and after Ba, Torres, E’to and others, Jose is yet to work his magic on the guy.
    We’ve done very well this far…if we get two or three others, we will smash the Chavs.
    As it stands, we will beat them comfortably :)

21. dublingunner

August 19, 2014 at 11:24am

unfortunately, it still hurts me seen him play for them.

August 19, 2014 at 11:24am

Their strike force Costa, Torres and Drogba ours Giroud,Sanogo and Campbell.

23. emma

August 19, 2014 at 11:25am

I am with wenger for not resigning that traitor(Cesc). A player who went on strike all in the name of Barca DNA. He said he was going home and that was enough reason for us to let him go. Even at a cut-price when he could have being sold for £40/£50m at that time. Flirted with manure last season and finally discovered that the grasses where not greener elsewhere and joined that arrogant Moaning idiot, who slated and kicked him in Barca

24. Adam

August 19, 2014 at 11:25am

It’s true. Cesc ‘used’ Arsenal for his own project. This should never be allowed to happen.

25. bondex

August 19, 2014 at 11:25am

We beat Burnley 4-1, “Arsenal struggles against harp-less Burnley

August 19, 2014 at 11:29am

And Alexis Lee…

August 19, 2014 at 11:29am

I would of had Fabregas back…just how do you know he flirted with Manure? I’m intrigued.

August 19, 2014 at 11:30am

dublin, don’t watch him then…

August 19, 2014 at 11:30am

Was it in the sun?

30. emma

August 19, 2014 at 11:33am

Lee- Cesc publicly came out and said he would have a word with Martino and if he is not wanted he would leave but Martino refused to sanction the sale as he wanted him at Barca

31. Scott From Oz

August 19, 2014 at 11:34am

Lee, stop trying to convince yourself you made a good bet :)

32. Luznic

August 19, 2014 at 11:35am

Nice post Rico, Morning to you and everyone……..I posted this on the old one……….. I would do the same thing Wenger did to Fabregas, I won’t take him back, why should he? he’s good and so fu*c*ing what? he left us and claimed love for barca then barca who he called his home claimed much love for Suarez and pushed him out and then again he’s back, please he looks confused and his story sounds like a glory hunter, I have an Ozil and a Ramsey and cesc will unsettle that team, except for a DMF that midfield still looks better without cesc, we might still argue what if after the season but we are human and Fabregas didn’t deserve the second chance let’s move on

August 19, 2014 at 11:36am

potter says:

August 19, 2014 at 10:33 am

Scott , Cesc is/was a young impressionable kid when he left home to join us and he got caught in a political war as the presidential candidates for Barcelona fought each other. Many things were going on in his life his parents divorced and one candidate in particular wining and dining his father to get him to return.In the spanish team he was pressured every day to go back and he buckled. When he got to Barca the man he idolised all of his life Guardiola left the club and the new man and the new president wanted a new shiny toy to give the fans and eventually they splashed out on Neymar. He was then shunted all round the pitch not because he was playing badly but because there was no room with the other stars and because he was so adaptable he was the one that got hooked everytime. In the meantime a new manager came and the boardroom unrest continued with the neymar deal being exposed as not Kosher , the rumblings on which continue. All in all the homecoming as you named it was not a happy one and the promises made were not kept.
    All of this has come from people i know in local supporters clubs in Catalonia. It was also difficult because a certain section of the crowd never accepted him because he went in the first place , just as many of you can’t see past him leaving us.

34. dublingunner

August 19, 2014 at 11:36am

Have to defend cesc until im told different. he supposedly wanted an arsenal return. knew barca were likely to sanction a move this season. and did not want to be a united player. but found out in may that wenger would not be persuing him.

August 19, 2014 at 11:37am

I don’t need convincing Scott.

36. Scott From Oz

August 19, 2014 at 11:37am

Cesc should never have left.
    That is all.

37. Scott From Oz

August 19, 2014 at 11:38am

Lee :)

38. emma

August 19, 2014 at 11:38am

I believe we can win the league If we can get a CB and as well a DM, manage the squad properly and hopefully forsythe methods works to reduce injuries *simple*

August 19, 2014 at 11:38am

Morning Luznic, thanks. I’ve forgotten Cesc, I did the day he walked out under a cloud…

40. BrainwashedKev

August 19, 2014 at 11:40am

Scot/Lee, how about a bottle of Cobra?

August 19, 2014 at 11:40am

Had AW wanted to, he could have forced Fabregas to stay as he was on a long term contract.

For whatever reason, and I think we all have our own ideas, he was allowed to go home…

I don’t think it was a harmonious departure….

August 19, 2014 at 11:41am

I love all the unfounded conjecture re Fabregas it’s laughable….

August 19, 2014 at 11:41am

Morning Kev… Can I have one too?

44. Scott From Oz

August 19, 2014 at 11:42am

Kev, what is Cobra??

45. BrainwashedKev

August 19, 2014 at 11:42am

A bottle of Cobra after a ruby…

Then another bottle or three…

Yep, I’d have a bet on that…

46. BrainwashedKev

August 19, 2014 at 11:43am

Scott, it’s an Indian version of 4X

But it tastes brilliant with a Jalfriezi

47. BrainwashedKev

August 19, 2014 at 11:46am

Yeah, Burnley always struggle without their harp… ;-)

Adam is learning how to play Bridge of Sighs on his harp…

I can’t wait to hear it…

48. AndrewH

August 19, 2014 at 11:47am

Nice post rico.

Manolas is mentioned all over the place, including the paper websites, but actually, I think it all stems from one report in Goal which is being quoted everywhere. Hope they didn’t make it up like so many other stories :-)

49. BrainwashedKev

August 19, 2014 at 11:48am

Rico, you want Cobra, you shall have Cobra, that’s a promise… :-D

50. Adam

August 19, 2014 at 11:49am

Lee. It’s that crystal ball time of year. Again.

51. Scott From Oz

August 19, 2014 at 11:50am

Kev, you can’t be betting against the Arsenal as well…..back me, mate :)

August 19, 2014 at 11:52am

I bet with my brain not my heart Scott….. I’ve learnt that the hard way!

53. Bt62 Gooner

August 19, 2014 at 11:53am

Scott, i’ll buy you a bottle of ‘Lurgan champagne’ at the victory parade….

54. BrainwashedKev

August 19, 2014 at 11:53am

All we do, is hope that the delay in anymore signings, is linked to CL qualification…

Also Wenger might be looking at what he has before he brings in anymore new faces…
    Looking at them in training as well as in games.

55. Scott From Oz

August 19, 2014 at 11:53am

I am betting with both here……I just don’t see Chelski as any stronger than last season where we are much better, IMO.

56. Scott From Oz

August 19, 2014 at 11:54am

BT, and I’ll drink it hahahaha

August 19, 2014 at 11:54am

Thanks Andrew, let’s hope there’s some truth in the story…

Thanks Kev.. :)

58. BrainwashedKev

August 19, 2014 at 11:57am

Scott, I think that Arsenal have a great chance of winning something this season…

But as I said to Lee and Adam, over our chicken tikka, I don’t think we’ll win the EPL.

As for the CL, well I can’t see AW ever winning that…

But the domestic cups are a real possibility again and I’d like to think that we can finish top three this season…

That’s my head talking…

My heart says we’re gonna win the quadruple…. :-)

59. Bt62 Gooner

August 19, 2014 at 11:59am

Kev, you’ve a big heart and a sharp brain..

August 19, 2014 at 12:01pm

Lee, didn’t Ivan say a few things about Cesc when he left which implied he wouldn’t play?

61. BrainwashedKev

August 19, 2014 at 12:01pm

Let’s win tonight, beat Everton, Leicester and Besiktas at The Grove, and then we’ll have a better idea where we stand….

Watching Cesc play for that Portugese Prick was always gonna be painful…

62. kyawmgmgtun

August 19, 2014 at 12:02pm

Chealse have costa
    man.city gave aguero
    liverpool have strag
    man.u have v.persi
    arsenal have giroud
    arsenal have champion with giroud

63. BrainwashedKev

August 19, 2014 at 12:02pm

BT, that earns you a Cobra as well mate…. ;-)

August 19, 2014 at 12:03pm

I have to go visiting today, catch up later..

Have a good day folks…

65. bondex

August 19, 2014 at 12:03pm

ALEX SONG on loan ?????

66. BrainwashedKev

August 19, 2014 at 12:04pm

Lee, who is gonna be the captain?

August 19, 2014 at 12:06pm

All hearsay Rico. To say we don’t need him or he wouldn’t get in our midfield is total bollocks imho! He’s a fucking good footballer and we are short of them! Anyway Sanogo will come good, that’ll clinch it, I’ll exhale now!

68. Scott From Oz

August 19, 2014 at 12:07pm

I’m off guys.
    Have a great day and Lee, chill the Cobra, mate :)

August 19, 2014 at 12:09pm

Wilfred Umbongo Kev, statistically he’s the best at keepy uppy in West Africa.

70. BrainwashedKev

August 19, 2014 at 12:11pm

Lee :-)

August 19, 2014 at 12:11pm

9 months yet Scott, you’ve got plenty of time!

72. HenryB

August 19, 2014 at 12:12pm

Afternoon, Rico.

A very nice Post, as usual.

I have sometimes wondered who has the best team in the EPL and with the Invincibles we were as good as or better than any other team in those days.

Nowadays I wonder.

What if, for the sake of argument, all the squads of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Citeh were put into a pool, and fans from each club could pick the best team from all those available, how similar would they be, and how many Arsenal players would get picked?

Özil, Sanchez would figure in many fans’ team, but who else?
    Of course with club loyalty we will probably never get a representative answer, as we cannot know who the Chav or Citeh fans would pick — but not many of ours I suspect.

August 19, 2014 at 12:14pm

For sure he’ a great player Lee, and he would definitely get in our midfield – of that there is no question….

74. Nickie

August 19, 2014 at 12:15pm

Good thought Henry, may do that now lol

August 19, 2014 at 12:16pm

Ramsey, HenryB ?

76. potter

August 19, 2014 at 12:18pm

People say things to cover their arses ,however the fact is he has left us and subsequently gone to Chelsea via Barcelona. We can only look on and wonder what if. I believe the whole affair was handled badly by the club and by Cesc’s father who made promises to Laporta and pressurised him into returning. He then found out that nothing had changed , Messi , Xavi and Iniesta were still the golden children , Guardiola left and Neymar was bought in . He now plays for a competitor that indirectly we have helped to strengthen and still remains a better player than Flamini, Arteta , Wilshere and the hapless Diaby and from a footballing view , that is the point.

77. Nickie

August 19, 2014 at 12:20pm

Courtois, Zabaleta, Kompany, Cahill/Kos, Kolarov/Gibbs, Sanchez, Ramsey, Ozil/Fabregas, Silva/Fabregas, Hazard, Aguero

78. ogban

August 19, 2014 at 12:27pm

He already said why Ozyakup had to go:stiff competition in the team. Didn’t you read that Rico?

79. Bob John

August 19, 2014 at 12:27pm

What I was told at the time about Cesc was that we had accepted a £50m offer from Real Madrid and he refused to go there and spat his dummy out. So called injuries were non-existent and he would only go to Farca. Can’t say I thought he looked particularly happy last night though!

August 19, 2014 at 12:29pm

Thank you Potter! Hallelufuckingjah!!!!

81. rogerbij

August 19, 2014 at 12:29pm

And that little thought game says it all for we have strengthen. My head, when i use it, says the first teams of city and chelsea are clearly better. Draw a matrix 11×11 for arsenal llayers on one axis city plays on the other. Who is better man for man? Count the points. Repeat for arsenal / chelsea. Repeat for chelsea /city. Count the total points (do again for 11 subs if uou wish) . Basically its pairwise ranking. Anyway, love our club and have a good shout at winning something this year, but we havent had the best team or aquad for a decade. No apologies if that hurts. The big positive is that we are stronger than we have been for years :)

August 19, 2014 at 12:31pm

Nor would you in that shit Blue kit Bob! :lol:

83. Hell Raising Devil

August 19, 2014 at 12:31pm

I have thought about that as well Kev. We will not sign anybody else until we are sure of CL qualification.

However Manolas and a CDM should be imperative as well. and another defender. We need eight bodies in that department. Unless Miguel steps up and Hayden as well.

if we qualify for the CL I think that one or two marquee signings will follow

Regarding Cesc, I am with you all the way Potter. Cesc is far superior to Arteta, FLamini, Diaby and Wilshere. Physically, technically and tactically. I believe he would have found it easier to adapt to the pivot role in the team.

August 19, 2014 at 12:32pm

Nickie no Sanogo in there?

85. potter

August 19, 2014 at 12:35pm

As I said BJ , probably a move to Madrid would not have pleased his father who had made promises to Laporta . That I believe is the tangle he got into trying to hold his family together and it got in the way of his football.

86. frenchgunner

August 19, 2014 at 1:00pm

hi rico and all housers

thanks for the upbeat post

AW talking about Fab after joining the gas company “he fell where he wanted to go”….says it all to me

the so little dwarf claiming it was so easy to convince Fab to sign,yeah right! with a hefty sum of dosh surely!

87. bondex

August 19, 2014 at 1:24pm

WENGER- The winning one
    MOURINHO- The ***** one
    VAN GAAL- The pre-season one

88. HenryB

August 19, 2014 at 1:25pm

That’s interesting Nickie, so only two Arsenal players definitely in your composite team.

I would pick much the same as you, but would definitely choose Rambo, Ozil and Sanchez.

It does show that we will have a hard struggle this season – not that anyone can be surprised by that. :-)

89. HenryB

August 19, 2014 at 1:27pm

Lee,

Sanogo is injured (again) and did not travel to Turkey, so-no-go. :-)

90. BrainwashedKev

August 19, 2014 at 1:27pm

That’s the way I see it Coach…

I can’t see Khadira coming to Arsenal, or any other marquee player…

We’ve signed Sanchez, and that’s our lot from that level of talent…

Any other signings will be from the lower levels, talent wise…

Like Manolas, when we should be a Hummels or Subotic…

91. Bt62 Gooner

August 19, 2014 at 1:36pm

Kev, jam tomorrow, it is then Kev…..

92. Hell Raising Devil

August 19, 2014 at 1:37pm

Manolas will surprise you Kev…..if he plays like he did with Greece and Oly. He is another Kos

93. Nickie

August 19, 2014 at 1:43pm

Yeah shocking really Dev. Would much rather more in there, there aren’t really any decent LBs so maybe Gibbs would clinch it. If Gibbs would there his relationship with Kos would be key so he’d get the nod over Cahill lol i’m being generous to our players though.

I was full of optimism a few weeks ago. I just don’t think we will go the distance again, we are short in terms of quality depth. Although our stats suggest we were the best team out of the big guns at the weekend, we didn’t look too good on the eye. Palace are a tough team to break down but they will get blown away by our rivals

August 19, 2014 at 1:44pm

Apparently if we get a DM and a CB we’re going to win the league…….. I think we’re still too light up front!

95. rogerbij

August 19, 2014 at 1:56pm

exactly lee – buy Hummels, Carvalho,and Falcao we win the league. (or replace with your 3 favourite players in the same positions). As it stands now, we are an outside chance at best. We only got close last year because City kept screwing up at the start, and Chelsea had a strike force about as potent as ours. Its going to be harder to get close this year than last. And even if we do… the squad is still a bit light so get ready for another fade – especially if Giroud gets injured for 3 months.

August 19, 2014 at 1:59pm

Roger surely another striker will come in? He can’t gamble on Giroud again, I know Sanchez & Theo can player there but go buy a proper striker!

97. Nickie

August 19, 2014 at 2:00pm

it’s so much easier said than done. Especially at Arsenal. Ozil and Sanchez is great but why not follow it up with a couple more “quality” signings. This year business has been good. Ospina WC goalkeeper, Debuchy france’s number 1 right back, Chambers amazing prospect and Sanchez WC we are close, why does Wenger tease the fans, he sets us up for a great summer and we are only slightly better off than last year. Maybe i’m greedy but after the taste of the FA cup I want more

98. rogerbij

August 19, 2014 at 2:01pm

You know it and I know it… but we still havent properly replaced RvP in the lethal striker dept… and I cant see us spending 50m at this late stage. Would love to be wrong!

99. Hell Raising Devil

August 19, 2014 at 2:03pm

calm down lads…….the TW shuts in two weeks time. still enough time.

100. Bt62 Gooner

August 19, 2014 at 2:03pm

Sanogo, has potential….

101. Nickie

August 19, 2014 at 2:04pm

I keep telling myself Dev :) getting impatient though

August 19, 2014 at 2:05pm

Bt, at selling snide Gucci handbags on the Costa del Sol?

August 19, 2014 at 2:06pm

You and me both Roger!

104. Bt62 Gooner

August 19, 2014 at 2:09pm

Lee, lol….or dodgy oxo cube deals….

August 19, 2014 at 2:15pm

I once bought a wicked bag of thyme of one of those wankers!

106. BrainwashedKev

August 19, 2014 at 2:26pm

BT, it ain’t always jam tomorrow mate…

Although it often feels that way…

It’s just that Arsenal will push out the boat so far, and have us going ‘That’s it, almost there’, only to put their oars away.

I hope I’m wrong and I hope that Ivan has a couple more suprise’s up his sleeve, but ya know BT, this is Arsenal, and they just love to keep us on the edge…

Then, let us down…

107. BrainwashedKev

August 19, 2014 at 2:32pm

Coach, I’m banking on that Manolas being as good as you say mate…

I wonder if Campbell will play tonight, even off of the bench?
    Cup-tied and all that jazz!

If he plays, then it seems that he stays…

If he don’t play, then it could be offski for Joel?

108. BrainwashedKev

August 19, 2014 at 2:34pm

Thyme and tobacco sound an interesting combination…

109. BrainwashedKev

August 19, 2014 at 2:38pm

Alex Song on loan anyone? :-(

110. Hell Raising Devil

August 19, 2014 at 2:45pm

I hope not habib.

I do not want him back.

August 19, 2014 at 2:47pm

Kev, got a mad Olympiacos supporter here and he reckons he’s good!

August 19, 2014 at 2:48pm

No thanks Song…

113. potter

August 19, 2014 at 2:50pm

Song on loan ? where to ?

114. Bt62 Gooner

August 19, 2014 at 2:51pm

Kev, i’d hoped this season, would be the end of that. There is still time,to add real quality to the squad/team, but is everyone within Arsenal, singing from the same hymn sheet? I’m not so sure.

August 19, 2014 at 2:55pm

Potter to us….he can perform the Hollywood lob pass to Giroud, give fouls away in stupid areas and get sent off! Super….

116. etfaust

August 19, 2014 at 2:56pm

Playing Koscielny in my eyes would be way too risky. Bite the bullet and protect him – start Monreal in the middle and shift Flamini back to left back. He’s played there before, so he should be alright. And I don’t think Alexis should start today either. He played all ninety on Saturday and will be short on fitness right now. We need him on Saturday, so play Rosicky or the Ox in his place. For my preview and prediction for the game, see my blog post here – http://wildamericangooner.com/2014/08/19/arsenal-crystal-palace-reaction-preview-and-prediction-for-the-besiktas-match/

117. BrainwashedKev

August 19, 2014 at 3:06pm

Fellas, there was a sense of irony in my Alex Song query?

If we took him back then I would blow out this entire season…
    Take up fishing or join a chess club…

BT, my sentiments entirely mate.

118. BrainwashedKev

August 19, 2014 at 3:09pm

Lee/Coach, I really hope your information/opinion re: Manolas is accurate.

August 19, 2014 at 3:16pm

How comes Schurrle was back playing and scoring for the chavs yesterday, yet our German trio aren’t ready?

120. BrainwashedKev

August 19, 2014 at 3:20pm

How come Drogba was on the bench when he was supposed to be out for 3/4 weeks…?

121. Bt62 Gooner

August 19, 2014 at 3:21pm

From what have read, Afc offering 8m, Manolas club want 12m

122. Bt62 Gooner

August 19, 2014 at 3:26pm

Did big Per, travel to Turkey?

123. potter

August 19, 2014 at 3:30pm

Lee I’ve missed all that !

August 19, 2014 at 3:39pm

You’ve had a result Potter!

125. kene

August 19, 2014 at 3:44pm

Even if we buy Messi, Ronaldo, Hummels, Khedira… people will still write us off the league title. I strongly believe, with a quality dm and a good cb we can clinch it. Sanchez will end up playing top striker. Sanchez will shine against Besiktas.

126. rogerbij

August 19, 2014 at 4:54pm

I wouldnt Kene, that lineup would win everything in sight, on paper!

August 19, 2014 at 5:04pm

Afternoon all..

Have we signed anyone?

August 19, 2014 at 5:05pm

Bt, no, I don’t think he did…

August 19, 2014 at 5:32pm

Daily Star reckon Chelsea have made a £35 million bid for Carvalho…

130. BrainwashedKev

August 19, 2014 at 5:47pm

The Daily Excess says that Rabiot is going to Juventus.

The Daily Shite (Star) says that Rabiot had rejected Juventus and joining Arsenal

Both newspapers, if you can call them that, are from the same company, and both are a pile of crap

131. Adam

August 19, 2014 at 6:20pm

He who hesitates is lost.

August 19, 2014 at 6:26pm

If that short arsed git gets Carvalho… Well, I’ll be peed off.!

August 19, 2014 at 6:27pm

Kev, and Sami to Bayern…

My glass is just starting to empty…..

August 19, 2014 at 6:32pm

Toby Alderweireld linked to us again…. ;)

135. tsgh

August 19, 2014 at 6:43pm

Evening Hhers…

Interesting post Rico…

come on ………… lets make it 16 and a half… lol

I couldn’t agree more with you emma at 11:14 am…

136. tsgh

August 19, 2014 at 6:44pm

Kev- I will take Alex song as you already suspect…

137. potter

August 19, 2014 at 6:57pm

Where would you take him ? Far away I hope.

138. tsgh

August 19, 2014 at 7:06pm

Micko/Bt-

your friends are below..

daRealAAkinfenwa @daRealAkinfenwa · Aug 14
    “@FootballFunnys: If these two can play League 2 football, there’s hope for us all yet. pic.twitter.com/wiZeGshfqW”at least tag me in it lol

139. NashuaGunners

August 19, 2014 at 7:06pm

Good Afternoon Rico and All

Ts. Where would you take him and which position?

140. tsgh

August 19, 2014 at 7:06pm

Philippe Mexes linked to Yanited

141. NashuaGunners

August 19, 2014 at 7:10pm

@Rico. If Sami agents were in London yesterday, just maybe, after the win things could be announce. Fingers cross.

August 19, 2014 at 7:14pm

People would take song and not Fabregas? FFS I give up, seriously we could get Frimpong and Gerwanko back too!!

August 19, 2014 at 7:19pm

Top it up Rico!

144. NashuaGunners

August 19, 2014 at 7:21pm

Song Vs Fibraglass.

One is world class; the other a team player
    One is not reliable; the other is reliable

What they share in common: ungratefulness.

August 19, 2014 at 7:22pm

Song??? Jeez, I just don’t get why anyone would want him back?

The biggest waste of an Arsenal shirt ever!

August 19, 2014 at 7:25pm

Hi Ng..

August 19, 2014 at 7:25pm

One is lazy, one is always giving away free kicks and one was voted one of the worst players in La Liga! Let’s get him back….

August 19, 2014 at 7:25pm

:) Lee, I have.

August 19, 2014 at 7:26pm

Ng, one is a top footballer, the other is a lump of lard who thinks he’s a footballer….

August 19, 2014 at 7:28pm

Ts, the mere fact you want to take Song shouldn’t be shared on here… ;)

August 19, 2014 at 7:29pm

We have to set our sights higher than Song….

August 19, 2014 at 7:29pm

That isn’t difficult Lee…

August 19, 2014 at 7:30pm

Now if Kalou is available…

August 19, 2014 at 7:31pm

Rico, :lol:

August 19, 2014 at 7:33pm

Messages Lee.. ;)

156. BrainwashedKev

August 19, 2014 at 7:34pm

I’d take Kalou in a heartbeat….

Then drop him off at Terminal 5 and say don’t come back…

August 19, 2014 at 7:36pm

What about Bentinho Kev?

158. NashuaGunners

August 19, 2014 at 7:37pm

Rico. With fibraglass, the only thing that bothers me was the delibrate back heel pass. Just like Diaby got sent off against N.Castle

August 19, 2014 at 7:37pm

Where’s V-man???

160. BrainwashedKev

August 19, 2014 at 7:39pm

Ah Bentinho, now your talking mate….

A marquee signing he would be….

August 19, 2014 at 7:45pm

What channel is the game on?

162. bob john

August 19, 2014 at 7:48pm

That pitch isnt fit for any type of football

163. Rick

August 19, 2014 at 7:50pm

Itv 1 Rico

August 19, 2014 at 7:52pm

Perhaps he’ll repeat that when the Chavs play us Ng…;)

August 19, 2014 at 7:53pm

Got it now thanks Rick, I was checking SS’s…

Bob, it’s shocking!

166. NashuaGunners

August 19, 2014 at 7:54pm

Does anyone knows why Arsenal are wearing a Black hand band

August 19, 2014 at 7:54pm

Dirty ba**ards!

August 19, 2014 at 7:54pm

Maybe the thought of Song returning Ng… ;)

August 19, 2014 at 7:56pm

We are awful….

170. potter

August 19, 2014 at 7:57pm

Giroud bad miss.

171. potter

August 19, 2014 at 7:59pm

Open match , they look pacy and dangerous.

August 19, 2014 at 7:59pm

Bad miss or bad pitch?

August 19, 2014 at 8:01pm

Nashua because Sanogo is injured!

August 19, 2014 at 8:02pm

Just like with Theo, no one can keep up with Alexis…

175. potter

August 19, 2014 at 8:02pm

I would say miss should have done better.

August 19, 2014 at 8:02pm

:) Lee

August 19, 2014 at 8:02pm

No one is keeping up with Sanchez.

August 19, 2014 at 8:03pm

Touché Rico!

August 19, 2014 at 8:07pm

Chambers is 19yrs old? FFS he’s going to be some player!!!!

180. potter

August 19, 2014 at 8:08pm

There are times when you have to make sure of your passes . Giroud is flicking them , this is not the pitch for them

181. NashuaGunners

August 19, 2014 at 8:09pm

Rico & Lee. I thought someone passed away.

182. tsgh

August 19, 2014 at 8:13pm

Damn; Song is that unpopular? :-)

183. potter

August 19, 2014 at 8:16pm

One of their high ups I think

184. Hell Raising Devil

August 19, 2014 at 8:16pm

who plays with fire……!!!!!!!

August 19, 2014 at 8:17pm

Ba…diving wanker!

186. Scott From Oz

August 19, 2014 at 8:18pm

187. NashuaGunners

August 19, 2014 at 8:18pm

Demba Ba, the cheater

188. Scott From Oz

August 19, 2014 at 8:21pm

How the hell did we get Chambers so cheap??
    Seriously.
    Yanited chose Shaw.
    Do they have a scouting system at all?

August 19, 2014 at 8:21pm

Chambers could be a true great Lee, he is so so assured….

August 19, 2014 at 8:22pm

BFG will struggle to dislodge Chambers at this rate!

191. Geziah

August 19, 2014 at 8:23pm

Where’s Mertesacker gonna play when he’s back? Chambers is outstanding

192. potter

August 19, 2014 at 8:24pm

Sanchez in danger of getting burned out

August 19, 2014 at 8:24pm

Lee, Sanogo would keep up with Alexis… ;)

August 19, 2014 at 8:26pm

By the time Merts is back, Chambers will need a break….

August 19, 2014 at 8:27pm

How long can they keep this pace up?

Oh, and we need a dm….

August 19, 2014 at 8:28pm

Get Ox on, he’d be direct and ready for the forward pass…

197. Hell Raising Devil

August 19, 2014 at 8:28pm

Per and Kos work well

Chambers and Kos are working well

Would Per and Chambers work well????

198. potter

August 19, 2014 at 8:31pm

Oops

August 19, 2014 at 8:32pm

FFS Giroud should of got on that!

200. potter

August 19, 2014 at 8:32pm

And Giroud’s nightmare goes on.

August 19, 2014 at 8:32pm

And we don’t need a striker???

202. Gunnerdna

August 19, 2014 at 8:33pm

Lol.

August 19, 2014 at 8:34pm

You have to take your chances….someone tell Le Quiff!

August 19, 2014 at 8:34pm

Ok, I concede….

August 19, 2014 at 8:36pm

And you have to get up there to have a few….

August 19, 2014 at 8:38pm

I wished Besiktas would….

207. Scott From Oz

August 19, 2014 at 8:40pm

Haha Lee…..they will.
    Ground will bag two just to shut everyone up :) :)

208. Scott From Oz

August 19, 2014 at 8:40pm

Jack looks better tonight.

209. potter

August 19, 2014 at 8:41pm

Ba 3 -v – Giroud 2 , misses that is.

August 19, 2014 at 8:41pm

Can’t see us scoring tbh, unless Alexis plays up front.

211. Gonerjoe

August 19, 2014 at 8:42pm

Now we now why Sanogo has been starting.

212. potter

August 19, 2014 at 8:44pm

Is that an improvement though ?

213. Hell Raising Devil

August 19, 2014 at 8:46pm

Rico…..you can concede however much you want.

The most important thing is that AFC do not concede. ;)

August 19, 2014 at 8:46pm

Stephen fucking Hawkings should be starting in front of shower of shite up front!!

215. Gonerjoe

August 19, 2014 at 8:46pm

Giroud will get better but he seems a bit of the pace at the moment.

August 19, 2014 at 8:46pm

Get Campbell and Ox on.

August 19, 2014 at 8:47pm

**our**

218. Bt62 Gooner

August 19, 2014 at 8:48pm

Time for a smoke, Ts, was that you in the Blue skip?

August 19, 2014 at 8:50pm

Ramsey, you normally bury that kind of chance…

220. potter

August 19, 2014 at 8:50pm

No natural goalscorer even Ramsey wants another touch.

August 19, 2014 at 8:50pm

Why aren’t we shooting??

222. tsgh

August 19, 2014 at 8:51pm

we haven’t won a game on 19th Aug..

Lets do it this time…

223. bradster

August 19, 2014 at 8:53pm

Hi all,

We’re lucky so far that they’re equally as bad at shooting.

224. BrainwashedKev

August 19, 2014 at 8:53pm

Listening to BBC5Live…

John Murray (Geordie) and John Hartson (bitter ex-Arsenal)
    Has to be the worst commentary I have ever heard.
    Absolutely fcuking useless…
    Turned it off…

225. potter

August 19, 2014 at 8:54pm

Arteta out for Everton then , slowly the squad unravels.

226. tsgh

August 19, 2014 at 8:55pm

Scott.. I was just reading your comment about the chavs not winning the title/finishing above us..

That 2nd half shows why no ‘neutralist’ religiously watches a Jose team… even at 3-1 up with 8 minutes to go he tok of a forward and brought on a defensive player…

227. tsgh

August 19, 2014 at 8:55pm

lol bt…

228. potter

August 19, 2014 at 8:57pm

Time to close this game down , but we don’t do that do we ?

August 19, 2014 at 8:57pm

Irish tv reporting Manolas having a medical this evening but in all fairness we’re usually a couple of weeks behind the times.

Lee, have you been on a raw meat diet the last few days !

230. bradster

August 19, 2014 at 8:58pm

I guess that mean Wilshere holding against Everton or is ita turn for the jack of all trade Chambers turn

August 19, 2014 at 8:58pm

This game is awful!

232. Hell Raising Devil

August 19, 2014 at 8:59pm

someone will be sent off.

the game is getting dirty.

233. potter

August 19, 2014 at 8:59pm

Ref’s losing it , yellows thick and fast , don’t rule out a red.

234. Leite

August 19, 2014 at 8:59pm

Lol,did someone really say we will finish above chelsea? Amazing

235. Hell Raising Devil

August 19, 2014 at 9:00pm

whatever happens 0-0 will be the worst result.

August 19, 2014 at 9:00pm

Alexis is an absolute workhorse….

August 19, 2014 at 9:00pm

Devil, my bet is Flamini.

238. Hell Raising Devil

August 19, 2014 at 9:00pm

Geez Potter…..you and I on the same wavelength then regarding red cards…..same comment on the same minute

August 19, 2014 at 9:01pm

tsgh, Jan Molby, he was one fat bastard !!!

240. BrainwashedKev

August 19, 2014 at 9:03pm

Gibbs out for 3 weeks

August 19, 2014 at 9:03pm

Changes Arsene??

242. potter

August 19, 2014 at 9:04pm

nil nil o.k but 1-1 better

August 19, 2014 at 9:06pm

So is Santos but a great turn of pace to get to the front of the buffet queue! I’ve been on the Cobra Micko….

244. Hell Raising Devil

August 19, 2014 at 9:06pm

0-0 is the worst result Potter

August 19, 2014 at 9:06pm

1-1, we don’t even look like scoring….

246. Scott From Oz

August 19, 2014 at 9:06pm

Don’t rule out a red.
    Mine took 7 minutes to get over your side of the world, Devil :)

August 19, 2014 at 9:09pm

You can double that then kev !

248. Woody

August 19, 2014 at 9:09pm

This is really tough watching.

Need to get the ox on to see if he can change things up a bit.

August 19, 2014 at 9:10pm

If anyone wants to write this game up, I’ll be very grateful…

You know I hate match reviews… :(

250. Hell Raising Devil

August 19, 2014 at 9:10pm

the game is so scrappy it is reminding me of the Terry Neill team or the GG team post 1993

August 19, 2014 at 9:11pm

Another chance for Giroud gone…

252. bradster

August 19, 2014 at 9:15pm

Wow Giroud is rusty and looking poor tonight

August 19, 2014 at 9:16pm

Just like Ozil, Alexis deserves better…

I’m off guys, enjoy the rest of the game, I’ll suffer with a cuppa….

Night all….

254. tsgh

August 19, 2014 at 9:16pm

ha ha Micko.. I knew you would recognize him..

255. potter

August 19, 2014 at 9:16pm

There you go like for like subbing , change of system not for our esteemed leader.

256. tsgh

August 19, 2014 at 9:17pm

kamikaze football at its worst..

no shape or discipline…

257. Hell Raising Devil

August 19, 2014 at 9:20pm

cheer up Aaron. The missus will have a job as a masseur tonight.

258. bradster

August 19, 2014 at 9:20pm

And fon’t forget to add dull too

259. potter

August 19, 2014 at 9:24pm

TWAT

260. tsgh

August 19, 2014 at 9:24pm

it was bound to happen.lol

AW’s face… lol

261. Gunnerdna

August 19, 2014 at 9:24pm

Pass the fucking ball.

August 19, 2014 at 9:25pm

Embarrassing.

263. bradster

August 19, 2014 at 9:25pm

It wouldn’t be european football if we weren’t down to 10 men

264. potter

August 19, 2014 at 9:26pm

Don’t try and turn back inside. Play the way you are facing.

265. Hell Raising Devil

August 19, 2014 at 9:27pm

I would take off Giroud and put Rosicky in Aaron’s place. Leave Sanchez up front.

266. tsgh

August 19, 2014 at 9:27pm

ditto that Dev

267. Gunnerdna

August 19, 2014 at 9:28pm

It’s sad we beat a shit team like Besiktas.

268. potter

August 19, 2014 at 9:29pm

Sanchez off for the Ox although you wouldn’t know it.

269. Gunnerdna

August 19, 2014 at 9:29pm

*cant

270. potter

August 19, 2014 at 9:33pm

Hospital pass to the ox

271. potter

August 19, 2014 at 9:35pm

Debuchy should have shot, why give it to Giroud ?

August 19, 2014 at 9:38pm

Giroud needs upgrading!!

273. emma

August 19, 2014 at 9:46pm

God help us if Giroud leads the attack this season. Ok against the teams at the bottom of the league but pants when it matters against the midtable team and rivals. What would Campbell do to get game time. Joel Campbell would be wondering I could do better than that(Giroud)

274. BrainwashedKev

August 19, 2014 at 9:46pm

Ramsey sent off….

That’s a real result…

Now at least he’ll get a rest as ‘old silly bollocks’ can ‘t now play him in the 2nd leg

275. emma

August 19, 2014 at 9:48pm

Does Cazorla have any hold on Wenger? He is not match fit and shouldn’t be starting ahead of Chamberlain

276. Gunnerdna

August 19, 2014 at 9:51pm

Emma, Campbell is either going on loan or is up for sale. If Man U get there shit together we might not even finish 4th. This game was worst than the Palace game.

277. emma

August 19, 2014 at 9:52pm

Season hasn’t started and we are already losing players. Arteta possibly joining the list

278. Gunnerdna

August 19, 2014 at 9:54pm

MA08 won’t be missed. imo

279. potter

August 19, 2014 at 9:59pm

Arteta gone for a bit , Ramsey suspended , Ozil back , Cesc would be handy.

280. Gunnerdna

August 19, 2014 at 10:02pm

Ts, where are you? Lol

281. Nickie

August 19, 2014 at 10:03pm

Wenger tells us and the media his players are fatigued….arguably the 2 most unfit players Cazorla and Giroud are kept on until the 90th min and end of game. Those defenders looked terrified every time someone ran at them. The midfield trio of Arteta, Ramsey and Wilshere has rarely worked. Wenger should have made changes sooner. I’m not with these people that say that’s a decent result, we should have rolled that team over.

August 19, 2014 at 10:08pm

Ramsey out, Ozil in, I can live with that next week.

Gdna, the walking wounded might be our plan B at this rate.

283. Gunnerdna

August 19, 2014 at 10:15pm

Micko, we have money in the bank, money solve most problems.

284. Nickie

August 19, 2014 at 10:19pm

which world class striker is going to want to sign for Arsenal IF we crash out next week lol. Some how a summer of optimism is turned to shite after a couple of poor performances and injuries. Giroud was unbearable tonight and i’m sorry but Santi really had a stinker, why he’s playing out there I have no idea, he doesn’t have the tools to survive out there, looked dead after 10 minutes

285. Nickie

August 19, 2014 at 10:25pm

on his transfer plans…
    Not at the moment, no. I have nothing special to add on that at the moment. Honestly, we are not close to signing anybody.

286. potter

August 19, 2014 at 10:27pm

Desperate isn’t it.

287. Nickie

August 19, 2014 at 10:39pm

pathetic

288. potter

August 20, 2014 at 12:00am

Just seen Giroud described as a drunk with a wooden leg on another forum.

August 20, 2014 at 12:13am

So, having just seen the result we didn’t win then?!! Mmm. Did Le Chef get it wrong?
    It will be a good game to win 0-0 invariably favours the away team, one goal from the opposition requires two from us! Can we do that?
    Yes, I think we can!

290. Scott From Oz

August 20, 2014 at 6:25am

Damn, have a read of the comments lol.
    One game and one CL tie in and we are just about dead in the water?
    It’s going to be a long season alright, but that’s mainly due to the negative posts lol.

August 20, 2014 at 7:22am

Scott the squad isn’t good or big enough….we are an injury or two away from being in deep shit! Wenger has had plenty of time and has just deliberated! I know he speaks with a forked tongue, but he has stated we aren’t close to any signings, which is madness!

Everyone can see we need a proper goal scorer, a DM and a CB why the fuck can’t he? Giroud was woeful last night, if he spent less time adjusting his hair and poking his tongue out he may start to do a bit better.

Also tactically Wenger was shite last night………

292. Adam

August 20, 2014 at 7:49am

Morning all. The bitter irony that defines part of Wenger’s latter years is that he has become almost totally reactive in all he does. He fails to equip the squad properly leaving us to ponder whether a very bad result might convince him that we need strengthening. Yet which Arsenal fan wants to suffer such results? On the pitch he seems stubbornly stuck in his ways. Tactically he appears to be going through the motions. Santi on the left? Come on! Giroud and Sanogo as our main strikers? You’re having a laugh. Chambers, fantastic though he has been, looking like Wenger will burn him out. Blind faith in Arteta and Jack, with no plan B, presumably why Cesc was deemed surplus to requirements and allowed to strengthen one of our biggest rivals (a double whammy). Hindsight, as they say, has 20/20 vision. But how many times have we been here. Susceptibility to the long ball has been going on for so long I can only assume it is either a complete blind spot for Arsene or he is just teasing.
    With barely two weeks to go to do what should have been done over the past several years, i.e. consistent and relentless improvement of the squad, one would need to be a Wenger fanatic or blind not to see that we not only need some serious players quickly but we also need a huge shot of proactive ambition in both the market and from what I can see, tactically. There is something of the past about Arsene these days.
    Yes, the season is very young but it is hardly the first time we have been here is it? Please Arsene, use the money that you always used to moan that we didn’t have and use it now. He whose needs are greatest often pays the highest price.

August 20, 2014 at 8:06am

We are going to win the league Adam, everything is fine at Arsenal!

294. Adam

August 20, 2014 at 8:11am

Morning Brudder. I know. I was just venting really. :)

August 20, 2014 at 8:14am

We can get Song on a free….

296. Scott From Oz

August 20, 2014 at 9:04am

Morning guys.
    We have two weeks.
    He has time, but no excuses.
    Nil all away…..we will touch them up at home…job done.
    Everton will tell us a lot more about where we stand.

297. Scott From Oz

August 20, 2014 at 9:07am

Lee, you are just trying to fire me up so I double the bet.
    CHALLENGE ACCEPTED :)
    Two bottles it is hahahahaha

298. Nickie

August 20, 2014 at 9:17am

We still look so slow, there’s no fluidity. Jack and Ramsey never work. There’s not pace in Caz, Ram, Giroud, Wilshere and Arteta. Sanchez needs more support and the team needs more pace. I’d rather have my teeth pulled out than view that all season

August 20, 2014 at 9:19am

I can do more Scott…

300. potter

August 20, 2014 at 9:27am

Actually your 2 weeks taper down to 4 days and then only if we qualify for CL continuance. The players we need will want top level football and probably are waiting to see if we get it Which is why last night was so disappointing. If Manolas comes I don’t want to see Chambers moved into defensive midfield because although I think it’s a job he can handle our press would be all over him as the new Stevie Gee. They built up and spoiled Wilshere , I don’t want to see the same happen again.

301. Scott From Oz

August 20, 2014 at 9:33am

Still so negative guys?
    I’ll sit back, chill out and enjoy our first title in a decade.
    You lot can do the stressing for me :)

302. Adam

August 20, 2014 at 9:36am

Scott. I remember you saying that you wanted Wenger to win the FA cup and leave with dignity. What changed your mind? :)

303. Hell Raising Devil

August 20, 2014 at 9:40am

Save your teeth Nickie. not worth the hassle.

Good Morning Munchkins and Chipmunks.

we were crap yesterday. the defence seemed ok and got better as the game went on. But the fluidity between the midfield and attack was disjointed.

We have to keep in mind that the conditioning of all teams atm is nearer 100%. As the season progresses the teams will begin dropping their conditioning levels. And with that the psychological levels as well. At least we did not loose although a 0-0 draw is not the ideal. 1-1 would have been better as that would have forced the turks to attack at the Ems thus opening up. but at least we did not loose.

now with Aaron out….it surely must mean TR07 to play. yesterday and against CP the game was crying out for him. why wasnt he introduced earlier yesterday? I would have taken off OG12, put Sanchez up and introduced TR07 earlier.

Besiktas defended like their lives depended upon it. TR07’s skills and technique of short pass and move will have opened them up.

August 20, 2014 at 9:45am

Morning all..

That was all a bit disappointing….

305. Bt62 Gooner

August 20, 2014 at 9:45am

Scott, see you at the big parade.

306. Hell Raising Devil

August 20, 2014 at 9:47am

BT…..big parade???? More like a Kangarooraid. ;)

August 20, 2014 at 9:50am

Negative or realistic….there is a difference1

308. Bt62 Gooner

August 20, 2014 at 9:54am

A mate texted me last night, Giroud makes Sanogo look world class….

309. ozgunner

August 20, 2014 at 10:06am

so much still missing and with a comparatively small amount of available net funds spent, one wonders who teaches Wenger the meaning of squad depth?

August 20, 2014 at 10:12am

Bt, he did… lol

311. ozgunner

August 20, 2014 at 10:16am

Morning Rico – all so so familiar in many ways?

312. ozgunner

August 20, 2014 at 10:19am

7.49 Adam – As is often the case, i sit reading your post nodding my head – what was it you said last season, “its all so predictable”?

August 20, 2014 at 10:28am

Morning Oz, so far, yes. Same old same old…

314. Scott from Oz

August 20, 2014 at 10:28am

Adam, who said I changed mind on Arsene?
    I have accepted the fact he’s staying as there’s not much else i can do…..no real point complaining about things I can’t control.

August 20, 2014 at 10:30am

New post up now…

316. ozgunner

August 20, 2014 at 10:33am

If he doesn’t invest in a thoroughbred to assist Ozil and Sanchez perform like the stars they are, its him who should visits the vets. There just is no excuse, none.

317. Nickie

August 20, 2014 at 10:38am

I like Wenger but why is he so stubborn he doesn’t change the players that are obviously having stinkers? Where is the pace in that team still? Fastest player was sanchez followed by Kos lol it’s ridiculous. Rosicky the oldest player in the squad has more pace than 85% of it probably the most freshest along with Campbell and neither were properly used.

318. potter

August 20, 2014 at 10:40am

Thereby hangs the tale , so near yet so far. Will never go the final mile .
    That’s my cliche’s used up for the day.