So the pre-season opener at Boreham Wood kicks-off today and tickets have nearly all gone.

They are priced at £22 (seating), £18 (standing) and £14 (concession standing) and are only available from Boreham Wood FC, and they strongly advise fans not to bother attending if they don’t have tickets.

Good luck to the boys, I know it’s ‘only’ Boreham Wood but it’ll be nice for both sets of fans to watch their teams in action….

Gossip stuff:

Well it’s the turn of James Milner to again be linked with a move to us. Apparently, if he isn’t going to be playing much for City, he’s on the move and the Manchester News report that Wenger is monitoring the situation. Somehow, I doubt it….

Dispite the stories about David Ospina being on his way to The Emirates, Iker Casillas is still the main main wanted to challenge Szczesny next season and we have held talks privately to sign the player, according to El Confidencial.

Enough of that, here’s today’s post:

As I write this, I’m seething with anger. How did I end up supporting Arsenal?

Which higher power did I offend?

I could have been a Liverpool fan, loved by the media even if failure, coached by the best trial and error coach in the EPL and have the fortune of cheering on great minds like Alan Hansen and Jamie Carragher instead of the great Thierry Henry.

The BT Sports advert within the last week says it all. We’re a laughing stock.

Last summer, while Liverpool fans were rewarded with astute signings like Aspas, we signed an average player like Ozil. A player chased out of Madrid by Isco, who decided to ‘nick a living’ at Arsenal is what we were told.

He doesn’t run, tackle or score goals. He was so poor at the World Cup that Platini, whilst wondering why his equally poor coaches at both club and international level always play him till the death, decided to nick his jersey straight after he became a WC winner. Says it all eh!

To date, Platini wonders how Ozil is a world cup winner and Sterling is not. The club made a mistake in buying Ozil when we could have gotten a much better player in Lallana and cheaper too.

This summer, we’ve continued on the trail of mistakes. Sanchez instead of Lambert? And we could have signed Emre Can instead of wasting time chasing World Cup winner Sami Khedira.

This mistakes prompted the Liverpool biased duo of Owen and Carragher to look into their crystal balls and the verdict is damning.

Owen reckons we will finish outside the top four while Jamie has predicted the end of Theo and Ox…..

Expect this to be the media song next season. Idiots!

In truth, I pity Liverpool, they are spending huge amounts of money on potential stars hoping to sell for huge profits while redeveloping Anfield.

Good luck trying to sell Can to Barcelona as the next Alex Song. I’m sure Wenger will be more than willing to help.

Speaking of Wenger, I see that Conte has followed the Pep trail by jumping ship at the first sign of trouble. Not every top coach can risk their legacy by sticking around during hard times eh…..

Wenger deserves praise for sticking around, albeit on a nice fat salary.

Special thanks to Micheal Owen and BT Sports for inspiring this article.

Written by joywedsjeff

209 thoughts on “Milner the next in? Casillas in Arsenal Talks & Pundits believe Arsenal are getting it all wrong….. Idiots!

1. adebarnjo

July 19, 2014 at 10:51am

Fool u 4 writn against wenger

July 19, 2014 at 10:53am

Morning all…

I liked the very ‘tongue in cheek’ post Jeff… Thank you….

July 19, 2014 at 10:53am

adebarnjo, do you struggle with irony?

4. Bt62 Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 10:54am

Jw, a good post, BT and the media fully of ex dippers and fans, who have been deluded for years, living on the past is their speciality. The only way to shut them up, is on the field. It’s obvious that Brenda learnt a lot from the Portuguese translator, especially how to be an odious f**kwad, in a very short space of time. What’s he been smokin up there in the docks? Howdy all.

5. ufuoma

July 19, 2014 at 10:55am

hahahaha…..let them rant!!!!….we wil let our actions on d field of play defend us…i must admit dat i do pity looserpool……imagine buyin lambert to replace suarez??….smh!…..personally,i dnt fancy milner….morgan is a beta deal

6. Gtid

July 19, 2014 at 10:55am

This got me laughing…
    Great Article..

Moanrinho is at it again, saying after spending 20 minutes with Cesc, he completly forgot about Arsenal, can you believe that after Cesc same out himself and said he wasbn’t neededd at Arsenal

7. Gtid

July 19, 2014 at 10:57am

Can’t see to find my comment? What happened?

July 19, 2014 at 10:57am

Nicely put Bt …lol

9. frednerk

July 19, 2014 at 10:58am

Have another read of that next may Jeff.

10. Ibiniyi Victor

July 19, 2014 at 10:58am

Love this article.

11. Thorough

July 19, 2014 at 11:00am

First.

12. Scott From Oz

July 19, 2014 at 11:00am

Nice post, Jeff….thoroughly enjoyed it.

13. Tai Emeka Obasi

July 19, 2014 at 11:00am

Morning, Rico,

Very good one today. Milner? Can’t see that happening. Wenger hardly spends on squad players…he’d rather buy a first teamer, then relegate what he already had to the bench.

The twat Mourinho said he’s closed shop on this season’s transfers…if one could believe that braggart, where does that leave us with Khedira? Why the purported phone call to the German WC winner?

14. ace

July 19, 2014 at 11:00am

ur stupid u!! ozil is a world class player, sanchez too. u busy tokin bwt stupid players lyk lambert…this is a stupid article… stupid!!!

15. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 11:00am

Good post Joy.That made me laugh.. is this your first one?

Ozil merely run 73km over the duration of the tournament.. more than any of Holland, Brazil, Argentina and Germany squad who played the same number of games…

16. wam

July 19, 2014 at 11:02am

To think instead of Sanchez we could have gone for Markovic – a player whose youtube highlights reel makes him look like the poor mans Dan Crowley. I’m sure he’ll make a good living at Derby after 2 years in Liverpool. Harsh? Judge for yourselves:

July 19, 2014 at 11:02am

ace, the stupid one is perhaps you, like the first poster, can you not spot the irony?

18. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 11:03am

”Speaking of Wenger, I see that Conte has followed the Pep trail by jumping ship at the first sign of trouble. Not every top coach can risk their legacy by sticking around during hard times eh…..” I can’t agree more than that… EXCELLENT Joy!

As I use to ask last summer, would we fans be calling AW to come back had he left in 2006?

19. wam

July 19, 2014 at 11:04am

holy crap some people clearly don’t know this post is in jest. Their hearts in the right place but the brain is non functional.

July 19, 2014 at 11:06am

At least we know he can run then Ts… ;)

21. Bt62 Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 11:06am

Ace, read the post sloo.owly, engage the brain first, not the lips.

22. frednerk

July 19, 2014 at 11:07am

Er Tai,you told me yesterday to give up on Khedira,changed your mind again mate.

23. potter

July 19, 2014 at 11:08am

Seriously not worth getting all bitter and twisted about . In all my 58 years of supporting The Arsenal I can’t remember a time when we got positive vibes from the media or anyone else for that matter. At the outset of my watching career we were always “Lucky Arsenal ” my Grandad and father used to tell me it was a throw back to Chapman’s tactics of defending deep and hitting teams with a fast break. Spurs did the double and Arsenal were the poor dupes down the road. This is why most of the journos of about my age still have this mindset , they were brainwashed early . Then we won the Inter Cities coming back from 2 goals down, obviously we were fortunate to get the second leg at Highbury and play a top European team on a mud heap. Then the double followed for us in 1971 , were we lauded ? no we were boring. The same a few years later at Anfield , had Hillsborough never happened we never would have won and did Smith actually touch the ball ? not according to the pundits. However we strode on and George bought us success with the 1 nil team , Boring Boring Arsenal was rekindled , until Wenger came along . How dare a Frenchman of all things change the face of English kick and run, did I hear a complaint ? ” Arsene whinger ” that makes for a good tag line . And so it goes on and probably will as long as :- There’s a team the Arsenal , the greatest of them all , and we will always support them , Whether they rise or fall , and we will drink , drink together for the sake of the Arsenal. and we will drink drink together for the sake of the AFC. ( to the tune of the Eton boating Song ).

July 19, 2014 at 11:08am

This is from Adam on the last post as he posted it just as I put the new one up….

Submitted on 2014/07/19 at 10:56 am

What actually happened with Vieira was that, the season before we sold him, he flirted with Real Madrid and was a bit ‘off’ with both Wenger and Dein.

They were looking for some loyalty but the accolades had gone to Patrick’s head. Apparently he became quite insufferable in the dressing room and at training.

When bids came in for him at the end of the season Wenger took the view that he had grown too big for his boots. Dein shared this and when Vieira asked how badly they wanted him to stay, both gave a shrug of the shoulders and said they were ‘neutral’. Thus was born his animosity to Arsenal and Wenger which was further compounded when Wenger refused to employ him as a coach years later.

25. Adam

July 19, 2014 at 11:13am

Football journalism in this country is seldom written from a considered point of view. It’s all lowest common denominator and reactionary stuff aimed at readers of The Sun and The Mail. Every ex-player and loudmouth knobhead is looking for the same thing. A few quid. It is best to totally ignore it I would think.
    Strangely enough, most fans of the top clubs also believe there is a press agenda against them. Having met several of the leading football writers I can affirm that they are rather sad and invariably rather shabby alcoholics.

26. Joywedsjeff

July 19, 2014 at 11:16am

Morning all and thanks for the compliments… in truth,Rico made it look much much better.
    Ts, first was in April 2012 if i’m not mistaken. Shame the shortish one has not spewed his latest bile before i penned the post. I would have honoured him with a mention.

27. frednerk

July 19, 2014 at 11:18am

I will do it for Jeff.

I’m not 100% sure maureen wanted Fab,you know what his like.
    He reminds of a little boy,who can’t kick a ball,but gets one for his birthday,he sticks it under his arm,and walks around all the poor kids,kicking a tin can around.
    Grinning away to himself.

I could nath give that dwarf a dig.

July 19, 2014 at 11:18am

:) wam, thank goodness eh…

29. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 11:19am

Very well written nonetheless Joy.. I like humour so it right up my street…

July 19, 2014 at 11:19am

:) Adam, that’s funny. Hope none of them are reading though… lol

31. Tai Emeka Obasi

July 19, 2014 at 11:19am

Fred,

Yeah…I said forget him because we couldn’t get him…not that he ain’t good.

Reports said Mourinho is after him and offering more wages than Wenger…

Based on that, I said Wenger doesn’t drag players this way…that we should forget Khedira…but if Mourinho comes up to say he’s done on transfers…and if that twat could ever speak the truth, then my mind immediately went back to the WC winner. Why? Because of the lot we’ve been linked, I rate him highest!

July 19, 2014 at 11:21am

Morning Jeff, I only added a few capitals and the first gossip stuff, don’t put yourself down. Just a shame that ‘some’ here haven’t been able to spot your good sense of humour…

I loved it….

33. Adam

July 19, 2014 at 11:22am

Good post Jeff. Sorry, I should have said so much earlier. :)

34. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 11:23am

Jose at his best in the above link…

But he is a tactician and a winner… allegedly. football is all about winning; he does what it takes to win ;)

35. potter

July 19, 2014 at 11:24am

Nothings changed there then , many years ago at Wembley for a home international , my Dad who worked there , got me into the press box . Throughout the game a journo( the man they can’t gag ) I think never left the bar. My Dad said he couldn’t be gagged because he always had a glass in his mouth. I don’t think he saw the game but the next morning the Express ran a story about Jimmy Greaves lack of work rate . I wonder how he got that information ? It certainly wasn’t his eyes.

July 19, 2014 at 11:25am

Adam, there was also a story going around suggesting during the previous summer, when Paddy flirted with Real, he failed a medical..

July 19, 2014 at 11:26am

Good funny post Joy!
    Fred I’m with you, I could poke that hi ho fucktard in the eye…..with a baseball bat!

38. kyawmgmgtun

July 19, 2014 at 11:26am

We need striker , i don’t believe giroud
    we need about 25 goals in a season, in coming season,who will give me many goals?
    Giroud? podolski? Walcott? Sanchez?
    No possible…..
    we need many goalss

39. Adam

July 19, 2014 at 11:27am

Potter. An excellent story and one that rings many a bell in my head.
    Adrian Durham-football journalist. Need I say more?

July 19, 2014 at 11:28am

Spot on jeff, glad I’m not the only one who thinks ozil is over-rated, the truth hurts !

July 19, 2014 at 11:28am

I actually think Jose is a winner and knows how to beat most sides. But he is a nasty man as well….

July 19, 2014 at 11:30am

God there’s some thick people out there!!
    There must be villages up and down the country looking for their idiots today….look no further there’s a couple on here!!!

July 19, 2014 at 11:31am

That’s funny potter, but sure does speak volumes about the press people….

July 19, 2014 at 11:32am

I agree Rico BUT he is also the HH banned word!!!!

July 19, 2014 at 11:32am

:) Lee…

46. Adam

July 19, 2014 at 11:33am

Tik peepul Brudder lee. U meeeeen mi? Fuy diwengerman.

July 19, 2014 at 11:35am

Can’t disagree Lee, not one bit….

48. frednerk

July 19, 2014 at 11:35am

Never won anything last season rico.
    And his still there.

July 19, 2014 at 11:36am

rico, on your earlier post this morning re cesc, ‘As you know arsenal had the option to interfere’ says a lot about jose’s mindset.

July 19, 2014 at 11:37am

Brudder yu duz not in fall dat kattergory…u iz safe!

51. bondex

July 19, 2014 at 11:37am

very good post joy …… some people just can’t see beyond their noses .

July 19, 2014 at 11:39am

True fred but it’s not often that happens, and he sure knows how to beat us annoyingly.

However, I see that changing this season….

53. Bt62 Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 11:39am

Lee, you must be tired this morning, only in the eye? lol

July 19, 2014 at 11:39am

Jonny wishbone predickt di wengerman win more shiney tings next year!

July 19, 2014 at 11:39am

I’ve had to trash a few idiots this morning ;)

56. frednerk

July 19, 2014 at 11:40am

Rico,
    I know one thing,
    that geezer who the chavs just bought upfront,

He will upset a few people.

57. Adam

July 19, 2014 at 11:40am

Hallelujah Brudder Lee!!

58. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 11:41am

ya ha ha I can’t stop laughing…

Harry is back! Are we going to see ‘arry rolling down his window on the final day of the TW with his personal chauffeur/assistant manager.

“Rio Ferdinand had incredibly low wage demands” – Harry Redknapp.

July 19, 2014 at 11:41am

Bt, I couldn’t put what I’d really like to do to him on here because I’d bee banned for life or arrested! :lol:

July 19, 2014 at 11:41am

Adam forgot to take a bottle of beer back with him on Thursday, darn shame as it’s now in my fridge… :P

July 19, 2014 at 11:42am

I’m hoping he sees red quite often fred, he can lose it at times… And of course, just pray he’s another Torres Chelsea signing….

July 19, 2014 at 11:44am

Talking of wages Ts, which website do you look at to get all your wage ‘facts’ from?

I’ve never been able to find a good one..

63. Canadian Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 11:44am

Good Morning to The Lady of the House and all fellow Gooners in residence.

Jeff – An excellent article. I could see the bulge in your cheek from 8,000 miles away. It gave me a good laugh.

It is a shame some people took it literally, but wam’s 11:04 am post about them says it all.

64. Adam

July 19, 2014 at 11:45am

That one beer would have tipped me over the edge Rico. :)

65. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 11:45am

Syg this is for you…
    Henri Lansbury goal against Porto 3 days ago…

July 19, 2014 at 11:45am

Morning Cg..

I meant to take back for old blue eyes Adam…. lol

67. gunnerpete

July 19, 2014 at 11:46am

Brilliant article and reply from Potter. Sad to have to agree that most of our press is so Northern biased or brown nosing to The Ruskies of Chelsea…..the very fact they are 88% owned by Tory donators shows a lack or morals too.

Our club sets a standard that is hated by the press and other managers who can only buy success.

I love the new players so far and would love to see Arsene shock them all by acquiring young Stones from Everton and a top DMF…with them our squad is the best I can remember and I have been a Gunner for 67 years.

68. Bt62 Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 11:46am

Rico, i’m surprised it made the fridge!

69. Adam

July 19, 2014 at 11:48am

Rico :)

July 19, 2014 at 11:50am

Only after Adam had left Bt, it was set for a trip to London. Shame eh… ;)

Pete, I think a lot depends on TV – if he stays, I can’t see us signing another defender and I guess it also depends on what the future holds for Miquel.

Def need a midfielder though, Arteta and Flamini have proved against pacey sides that neither can cut it….

71. Canadian Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 11:52am

Adam – Interesting post about Vieira. It confirms some of my long held suspicions. It’s a shame he fell into the trap of believing all his press clippings. Oh well, I guess it just shows that he is human like the rest of us.

July 19, 2014 at 11:53am

Back in a bit, my chickens need a clean out :)

73. Adam

July 19, 2014 at 11:58am

CG. I agree. A degree of humility is always desirable though isn’t it. Today’s society doesn’t agree though.

74. Andy

July 19, 2014 at 12:04pm

I picked up on the BT adverts too this week, it’s been on the TV and radio all week and every time I see or hear it, it’s pointing out the away day defeats at Liverpool and Chelsea.
    I think pundits and commentators should not be allowed to do that job if they have biased opinions, Owen for example and many more.
    As much as I hated Gary Neville as a player, he is probably the best commentator / pundit out there because he is fair in his judgement of all teams.

75. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 12:12pm

I agree Andy. Neville probably says more good things about AFC than our own ex-players.

76. southyorkshiregunner

July 19, 2014 at 12:13pm

potter says:
    July 19, 2014 at 11:08 am

Liked that Potter.

I was talking with Jon Sammels for an hour an half on Monday night. 1969 League Cup final we weren’t lucky…

Football is swings and roundabouts and throughout a season it tends to even itself out.

77. Canadian Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 12:13pm

It seems one of my posts has gone into moderation. Is WordPress acting up again?

78. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 12:15pm

cg. maybe you had some stats in there without knowing… :)

79. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 12:17pm

Syg. I am still awaiting when Mike Dean will make a decision in our favour with 10 minutes to go after December. :-)

80. Canadian Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 12:19pm

Ginge – It was a note for you on a pair of articles from Goal that supported what you have been saying all along regarding Khedira and Schneiderlin. Yes there were some statistics in both articles.

81. Canadian Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 12:21pm

Ginge – Has Rico set up a filter to exclude articles/posts with embedded statistics?

82. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 12:23pm

lol Cg…like the liverpool transfer comitte… we have the HH stats committee.. :D

83. Canadian Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 12:27pm

Ginge – I see we are again being linked to a couple of other French midfielders, other than Schneiderlin, in Gonalons and Grenier.

84. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 12:27pm

Was joking about Stats blocking btw… just in case.. ;)

85. snaparse

July 19, 2014 at 12:28pm

excellent post Jeff hats off……I think we shouldn’t feed the media they say all kind of stuffs about us cause we are very reactive…I also agree on ur arsene loyalty part I think arsene is an honest man sometimes too honest but he always keeps to his word and he is very loyal…..very good read bro

86. Flex McBuff Chest

July 19, 2014 at 12:28pm

The worst has to be Steven Howard, the bellend writes for the sun. Litterally never a positive sentance about Arsenal.

87. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 12:29pm

Grenier is another one I despise… good player but what exactly does he add for his fee and potentially being ‘bettered’ for a Psg or Juve/RM in future?

88. Canadian Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 12:29pm

Ginge – You know the old adage about committees – a camel was a horse designed by a committee.

89. Joaquim Moreira

July 19, 2014 at 12:32pm

tsgh, it’s Porto – B (the subs of Porto) but was a good goal.
    I don’t want Casillas.
    Milner? hummmm… I think AW is thinking and concern about the number of foreign players in the squad. I think it only be 17.

July 19, 2014 at 12:33pm

Cg, it was the links. You are out now…

July 19, 2014 at 12:35pm

Have to keep a grip on the stats Cg ;)

92. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 12:36pm

Thanks Jm for the clarification…

lmfao Cg… lol that was news to me re Camel…

93. Canadian Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 12:38pm

Micko – Back to one of your earlier comments. I too was interested in Maureen Yo’s turn of phrase “…Arsenal had the option to interfere…” in his comments on Fabregas going to Chelski. It is almost as if he viewed Arsenal’s option as being unfair or extraordinary.

94. Canadian Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 12:39pm

Rico – Thank you and I will keep that in mind for the future.

July 19, 2014 at 12:41pm

:) Cg, just kidding really….

96. Canadian Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 12:44pm

It will be interesting to see if Khedira ends up at Chelski or if he will endure even less playing time this coming season at Real. Maybe Arsene will get him for a bargain price at 11:00 p.m. on deadline day.

97. Canadian Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 12:46pm

Does anyone know if the Boreham Wood game is available anywhere other than on Arsenal Player?

98. snaparse

July 19, 2014 at 12:46pm

ts I’m not really a fan of Grenier anymore has loads of potential but something is just no right with saw him live against my boyhood team(st.Etienne) and I was not impressed much might turn great in the future but I don’t see it currently

99. Rick

July 19, 2014 at 1:11pm

Afternoon Rico and the House.
    Good post Jeff. After a stuffy old night that really cheered me up.
    CC your 12.46 the player is the only link to the game. It is being shown with the goodwill of Boreham Wood who believe or not have their TV and record most of their games.
    On next weeks game can you get ESPN because the match against the Red Bulls is being shown live on ESPN2 and ESPN.

July 19, 2014 at 1:13pm

I don’t Cg, sorry, but is the player free to join still?

Afternoon Rick, snaparse

101. Joaquim Moreira

July 19, 2014 at 1:19pm

are you a fan of “Les Verts” too? good
    tsgh, in Portugal we have Benfica B, Porto B, Sporting B, Braga B… more or less like in Spain. Porto B was second in 2 division this year but can’t go to the 1st division

102. Bt62 Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 1:21pm

Rico, digital membership is free

103. Bt62 Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 1:22pm

Cg, the match is listed for streaming on First Row Sports.

104. Bt62 Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 1:28pm

Also, listed on Wizwig for streaming, Cg hope that helps.

105. Canadian Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 1:34pm

Rick, Rico & Bt – Thanks for the broadcast info., it’s very much appreciated.

July 19, 2014 at 1:38pm

Thanks Bt, so this afternoons game can be viewed for free?

107. Joaquim Moreira

July 19, 2014 at 1:47pm

So, Khedira is out of our radar and Remy too

108. Bt62 Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 1:49pm

Rico, i think you have to join as a digital member which is free apparently , to get match free. If already a red member etc, it’s includes Arsenal Player.in your membership.

109. Canadian Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 1:53pm

JM – It looks like Remy is definitely off to Liverfool, but Khedira could reappear on the radar later on. RM will probably have to release/sell at least one of their midfielders unless they are prepared to pay them for sitting on the bench. Let’s wait and see how Khedira’s negotiations on a new contract with RM go.

110. ozgunner

July 19, 2014 at 2:04pm

Not sure i believe the Remy story, we have one striker and I don’t think wenger will run the gamble again like he did last season… will he?

July 19, 2014 at 2:05pm

Seems that way JM, especially Remy but I wouldn’t write Khedira off just yet….

Thanks Bt I signed up last season and will give it a check to see if it remains that way….

112. bob john

July 19, 2014 at 2:06pm

Potter11.08. Totally agree. You can also add the ill disciplined Arsenal of the Wenger years where we were gettinv red cards for nothing or retaliating against some cloggers. Even to this day the press love bringing out the red card count. Also the fact that Arsene is solely responsible for the crap England team because he chose to bring in dodgy foreigners instead of wasting big money on all the ‘world class’ Englishmen around!

113. Bt62 Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 2:08pm

It’ll be good to see an Arsenal team in action again.

July 19, 2014 at 2:20pm

I knew I shouldn’t have checked .com yet, sidetracked by the FA Cup final… ;)

How did we not get awarded two penalties….

115. Bt62 Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 2:24pm

Did the same last night Rico. lol

July 19, 2014 at 2:28pm

Good comment Bj…

Bt, ;)

117. Rick

July 19, 2014 at 2:45pm

I have just seen the team for the first half Willock Toral Haydon Ajai all get a start.

July 19, 2014 at 2:49pm

Any first team Rick?

119. Bt62 Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 2:56pm

Rick are you getting audio?

120. Rick

July 19, 2014 at 3:03pm

And Rambo Capt

127. Bt62 Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 3:04pm

Ha,ha Rico. lol

July 19, 2014 at 3:12pm

Got to pop out guys and gals, wouldn’t mind a match report from anyone watching… ;)

Laters….

129. Bt62 Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 3:17pm

Sound at last!!! Yeeeha!!

130. ozgunner

July 19, 2014 at 3:18pm

Is Diaby out there?

131. potter

July 19, 2014 at 3:26pm

No Oz it’s a pretty pointless game of attack and defence. Lots of passing no penetration so far.

132. Rick

July 19, 2014 at 3:27pm

2nd half Oz

133. ozgunner

July 19, 2014 at 3:37pm

thanks guys

134. Hell Raising Devil

July 19, 2014 at 4:39pm

1-0 up. but do not know who scored.

Evening lovely people

135. ozgunner

July 19, 2014 at 4:43pm

Olson after a superb ball from Rosicky

136. ozgunner

July 19, 2014 at 4:48pm

2-0 now penalty decision

137. potter

July 19, 2014 at 5:02pm

Caught offside saying we have agreed £15.8 million for Balotelli.

July 19, 2014 at 5:07pm

Bellerin, what a talent. And Akpom, too. So happy to see the young ones play. :) Loved hearing the AFC fans in full voice.

Hello, all!!

139. Bt62 Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 5:19pm

Hello Agag, great to see the boys in action again, Bellerin,Akpom and Olsen all impressed.

July 19, 2014 at 5:26pm

Oh, and of course, Olsson, BT, haha. I like it when the fringe players take the chance to impress. :)

Joyweds, good stuff. :) You certainly fooled a few ones, I see. :) Shame, some people cannot ever pick up on satire… :P

As for Mourinho, he couldn’t have been happy that Cesc’s first interview as a Chav was basically to say he would have preferred to be a Gunner again. :) I tend to believe it only took him twenty mins. to convince Cesc, because that was after AW told Cesc that he wasn’t replacing Ozil. And a fat paypacket would surely have helped. :D

July 19, 2014 at 6:06pm

Rick, if you saw the whole game, what did you think of Willock and what position did he play.

Akpom, Bellerin, Hayden and Toral are all quality, the only question has to be are they ready to step up into the senior squad and play in the domestic cups as well as be good enough to get a placr on the subs bench.

Very witty post Jeff, well done.

Afternoon Rico and All

July 19, 2014 at 6:22pm

I bloomin hope they follow their usual form and are wrong Potter…

Afternoon Kev, agag, devil and all…

Kev, Adam and Mrs Adam, you are all toads!! :)

July 19, 2014 at 6:23pm

James Milner can only be of interest because he is English.

Useful as far as his versatility goes and he’s still only about 27, but I wonder what he would want in terms of wages and he seems like a typical Northern lad, averse to moving to wicked London.

July 19, 2014 at 6:26pm

That’s a bit harsh Rico. :-)

July 19, 2014 at 6:54pm

‘I think people came out and said he wanted to go to Chelsea’, he told reporters. ‘I don’t know who tells the truth here or not. He landed where he wanted to go’.

Perhaps it is time for everyone to accept that Fabregas is now a Chelsea player and move on. Arsene Wenger.

July 19, 2014 at 6:56pm

Please please Arsene equip this team with the final pieces of the jigsaw and let us smash all comers especially that vertically challenged prick!! INVINCIBLES!!!

147. joywedsjeff

July 19, 2014 at 6:57pm

Thanks all for your nice words… Diaby came through unscathed? love the look of our youngsters

148. AndrewH

July 19, 2014 at 7:01pm

Very amusing post Jeff, only matched by a few of the posts. And then the village remark, still chuckling. And you stopped a few rico, shame so funny.

July 19, 2014 at 7:03pm

:lol: Kev… but true…

Lee, well said Arsene Wenger

150. joywedsjeff

July 19, 2014 at 7:07pm

Lee.. did Arsene dismiss both chavs without a second thought? seems he doesn’t rate Cesc any more.

July 19, 2014 at 7:11pm

5.56 Lee, oh I so hope he does and we do!!!

Andrew, some people can be cruel, but it is the weekend and parental often comes off of the computer….

152. joywedsjeff

July 19, 2014 at 7:14pm

Thanks Ah…

153. AndrewH

July 19, 2014 at 7:23pm

On a serious note, why do we get a raw deal from the press, the media and referees?

July 19, 2014 at 7:23pm

Wenger has many faults and he drives me mad sometimes BUT he is an intelligent classy man! Look across to West London where the team with no history managed Warwick Davis reside….polar opposite of The Arsenal and our manger!! Fuck em!!

July 19, 2014 at 7:24pm

Wenger has many faults and he drives me mad sometimes BUT he is an intelligent classy man! Look across to West London where the team with no history managed by Warwick Davis reside….polar opposite of The Arsenal and our manger!! Fuck em!!

July 19, 2014 at 7:26pm

I had to tell you twice… :lol:

157. Bt62 Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 7:30pm

Lee, calm down and have a Cobra, mate.

July 19, 2014 at 7:39pm

Calm down Lee

July 19, 2014 at 7:41pm

Carry on Lee… ;)

Bt, he’s probably already had a Cobra… lol

I have :)

July 19, 2014 at 7:42pm

Calm down Lee :-)

July 19, 2014 at 8:14pm

AW on Arsenal’s summer signings so far…

I’m very happy with what I could do until now. It’s not over – there’s still a long way to go.

Go Arsene, go Arsene!!

162. Bt62 Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 8:48pm

Keep it up Arsene, there is indeed a long way to go, grasp this opportunity with both hands. Onwards and Upwards. Good start, more of the same on the menu, i hope.

163. snaparse

July 19, 2014 at 8:59pm

hi Rico……I think we will be happy come the end of the transfer window

164. Rick

July 19, 2014 at 9:24pm

Evening All .
    I thought that todays match was a good work out for the first game of the season.
    First half a lot of possesion and passing and no clear cut chances.
    The second half was a lot better and we could/should have scored more then 2.
    Kev I was surprised to see Chriss Willock being given a start, after all he is only just 16.
    He started on the right but I thought the game was passing him by.
    however after moving to the left he became more envolved.
    I could see Monreal talking to him and he started to look better .
    He looked very composed on the ball and did not look out of place and I think showed just why the mancs wanted him.

I think that Chriss Olsson Bellerin Chuba Haydon and Toral all had very good games.
    Olssons goal was superb as was some of his play with Rosicky.
    One other point Kev , Diaby looked good , considering it was his first game for over a year. This was a game that gave me alot of pleasure seeing the youngsters playing well.

165. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 9:27pm

Wenger on Cesc):”I think people came out & said he wanted to go to CFC. I don’t know who tells the truth. He landed where he wanted to go”

Hi Snap- ditto re Clemente

166. snaparse

July 19, 2014 at 9:28pm

hi rick I really like olsson but I worry for his lack of height plus he isn’t the strongest……..bellerin though is my favourite academy player do u think he has a chance to break through?

167. snaparse

July 19, 2014 at 9:31pm

hi ts maybe cesc is just a snake seeing as he hardly speaks the truth and comes out with “I love arsenal” bullshits

168. snaparse

July 19, 2014 at 9:38pm

seriously ts can’t believe yaya is ahead of akpom its sad cause the boy is a better player IMO

169. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 9:38pm

Hi Rick.. god report

July 19, 2014 at 9:38pm

So do I snap, i think this will be a good summer…

Sorry guys, had to go and shut the chooks up and check on the new arrivals…. :)

171. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 9:38pm

lol Snap…

172. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 9:40pm

Olson ahead of Zelalem too for me…

Olson should be groomed as our new DM or no.6

I like the fact that Hayden is being played where he should be playing CB…

July 19, 2014 at 9:41pm

Cheers Rick, that all sounds promising…

Akpom showed his versatility, starting on the wing, and that’s where I think he’ll work his way into the team.
    He seems a sensible lad.

Olsson is very technical, great first touch with an impressive passing range.
    I’m very encouraged by this group of U21’s.

Interesting to hear Wenger still talking in positive terms about Khadira…

Bluff or double-bluff concerning his agent and also Southampton perhaps?

174. Rick

July 19, 2014 at 9:44pm

Snap during the last 6months olsson has beefed up and is now taller then his hero Rosicky. For the past year or so Ginge Kev and I have been saying some of the youngsters who played today should be given a step up and If they keep turning it on Arsene will(I think) give them the chance.

July 19, 2014 at 9:47pm

Keep up Ts, that about Cesc was posted yonks ago… ;)

176. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 9:47pm

Abou Diaby “I tell myself that if I was in another club, I would have been thrown away a long time ago. I want to reply on the pitch.

If there is justice in this world Akpom or even Afobe will be ahead of Yaya in August but… ;)

177. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 9:47pm

My bad Rico…

178. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 9:49pm

I am with you Kev.. keep Akpom where he is naturally good at.. he is not ready to be a 20+ goals corer.. he was a winger until 2 years ago… lets keep him there…

July 19, 2014 at 9:51pm

All depends on who shines in pre season Ts, Afobe has hardly set the world alight on loan has he?

Akpom, well, if he is involved in pre- season, he has to take his chance.

Sanogo, although he’s not everyones cup of tea, he’s a menace with his pace and power. He’s just shite when it comes to scoring goals….

180. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 9:56pm

Valid point Rico.. what irks me is that he had more chances than Park…

Loans are bad ways to judge players imho; only JW and Bendtner have done well on loan with us..

Even Ramsey struggled when he went back to cardiff on loan after his injury…

181. Rick

July 19, 2014 at 10:00pm

Kev just like you I am very ecouraged by the entire set up at the club.
    I believe some players will leave before the last day of Aug and Arsene will bring a couple more,
    On Akpom I seem to remember both you and Ginge thought he was better on the wing while I thought he was best down the middle.

July 19, 2014 at 10:00pm

I agree re Park Ts, a seasoned international, yet cast aside from day one. Crazy.

But maybe silly signings like that are really a thing of the past….

July 19, 2014 at 10:02pm

Ramsey struggled full stop after injury imo. Until of course he was played in the right place….

July 19, 2014 at 10:04pm

I’m off guys, have a silly o’clock wake up time for the morning so i need to head off up the wooden ones…

Night all…

185. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 10:06pm

Rick, all hypothetical but the reasons why I thought he would be better on the wings was because 1. he plays for a big club i.e us and 2. like Hayden his position was swapped because we had no strikers or DM. But he is natural in all positions… he receives the ball better with his back to goal better than Benik but I don’t think he has that poacher instinct that Benik had 3 or so years ago even though he is an excellent finisher.

186. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 10:06pm

Night lady rico

187. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 10:09pm

Rick. Any news on why eisfield did not feature? He trained this weak..

Another player I can’t understand why he is not getting any chance…

188. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 10:10pm

week*

189. Bt62 Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 10:10pm

Night Rico….. Ts as you say that was Benik years back, from what i’ve seen of Akpom play in the last year or so, he’s way past Benik.

190. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 10:11pm

Balo’ to Monaco back on apparently.. Snap any such rumours in France?

191. tsgh

July 19, 2014 at 10:13pm

True Bt.. but Benik before his injuries was a version of Benzema imho…

Lets hope he can come back strong..

He has not lost his touch and control… just goals are not going in as he might like…

192. Rick

July 19, 2014 at 10:27pm

Ginge no idea what happened to Eisfeld . Just like Benick this could be the make or break time. They both need good games and goals. I think thats all for tonight Night Rico and the house.

July 19, 2014 at 10:27pm

Kalou being mooted around merseyside in a round-a-bout kinda way, I can see this tipping kev over the edge.

£22 for a seat at Boringwood, daylight robbery !

194. Bt62 Gooner

July 19, 2014 at 10:34pm

Ts, i’ll be honest i’m surprised Benik is still at Afc, Akpom just seems to have something about him, maybe it’s confidence.

195. Biscuitbum

July 19, 2014 at 11:53pm

The press have got it wrong again about Kalou, and doubtless next week he will be about to sign for us again. Seriously though, buying a truckload of so-so players, a la the Spuds, plus a vereran striker together with another striker who has been round the houses, and is often unfit, won`t replace that obnoxious, cheating and biting little pr*ck they were forced to sell.

July 20, 2014 at 1:13am

Rick, re: Akpom, I think he’ll initially get into the team in a wide position, that’s par for the course with most young strikers.
    Eventually I think he’ll play more central role, be that as a No.10 or as a striker.
    Great points mate.
    Night All

July 20, 2014 at 9:35am

Rick, what position did Jenks play, full back of CD?
    It may be an indication of Wenger’s thinking for the coming season.
    Saw the goals on SSN first one was a proper Arsenal goal. A thing of beauty and class!

July 20, 2014 at 9:44am

Morning all…

Wavy, first goal was a goody wasn’t it…

July 20, 2014 at 9:54am

Morning Rico. Yes it was. I wonder if AS is up to such finishing?!! I think he will be!
    Have we signed a goalkeeper yet?

July 20, 2014 at 10:04am

Morning Wavy, I strongly suspect AS is too… ;)

No keeper yet, soon I hope….

New Post up now…