Santi Cazorla exit confirmed. If he plays for Chile, sign him!!

What was that last night?

Dogged, determined, team spirit, great work ethic and on top of all of that, not one single player didn’t give their all for their team.

What a fantastic performance by Chile to send Spain out of the World Cup. Spain on the other hand were awful, apart from Santi who was there only shining light but he came on too late as Spain’s heads were down, they knew their fate inside I suspect.

We can talk all day about who we’d love our club to sign but for me, any one of those players on display for Chile last night, if signed, would make us a much stronger side…

As for their goalkeeper, well I’d rather see him between the sticks than Szczesny!

Awesome and I loved it. Sorry Santi but your World Cup is over, your out! In fact for many players in that Spain squad, not only is this World Cup over, but I doubt they’ll play for their country for too much longer…

But the good side of that is he’ll have an early holiday and be back fit and healthy when our pre-season kicks off, if he doesn’t move back to Spain of course.

And what about Australia, they too put in a great performance against Holland and at most times during the match, they were the better side. They had chances to win the game too and had they done so, the result would have been a fair one. Tim Cahill’s strike was simply stunning and I wouldn’t be surprised to see it awarded the goal of this competition as it’ll take something very very special to beat it.

Sadly for the boys ‘down under’, they too will be on their way home soon…..

Rumours are again hotting up and to be honest, that’s all there is to talk about, it’s all we want to know. Just who are we going to sign this summer?

The Daily Star believe that Alexis Sanchez wants a move to the Premier League and we are one of the clubs in the mix to to be interested. He’s just what we need, he really is. In my opinion of course… lol

The ever reliable Metro report that Arsenal will offer Mario Ballotelli £180,000 a week to sign on the dotted line. Not sure where they got that information from but if it’s true, it could be tempting for the big Italian.

Sami Khedira has reportedly been told by Real Madrid that he can leave for pastures new this summer.

Well there’s the midfield rock we could do with.

If those three rumours alone come true, this coming season will have just got more exciting.

Now just the defensive positions to get sorted…. Simples! :)

Some pretty darn horrid news to end with and that relates to our old striker Ian Wright. Whilst he was away working with ITV on the World Cup, four ‘men’ armed with knives made their way into his north-west London home and held his wife and children before making off with personal possessions.

What cowards, what horrid horrid bastards those men must be. They knew Wrighty’s wife would be alone with the children, yet they tool themselves up and scare the living daylights out of an innocent woman and her children…

Just hope it’s something the entire family can get over in time, just like any family who suffers such an ordeal.

Good luck to England tonight, go get a victory boys…..

That’s it for today, have a good one….

226 thoughts on “Santi Cazorla exit confirmed. If he plays for Chile, sign him!!

1. tsgh

June 19, 2014 at 9:46am

Very good read Rico but I must admit you really got me with the headline.. ;)

Ozil is on £140k and he took a pay cut to join us due to tax difference so I am sure Mario will be earning far less…

Interesting comment by AW when pundit tried to ask him about SC19’s future with us…

Sport Mediaset Italia not sure who they are claim AC Milan will try to sign Álvaro Negredo as soon as Mario Balotelli completes his move to us…

June 19, 2014 at 9:48am

Thanks Ts.

Like I said in the post ‘the ever reliable Metro’… :P

June 19, 2014 at 9:49am

Re the headline, I’m after a job in Fleet Street … ;)

4. tsgh

June 19, 2014 at 9:50am

Gilberto Silva @GilbertoSilva15 · Jun 17

Dinner with the Invencible friend@ThierryHenry pic.twitter.com/iiImtoWQMF
    Embedded image permalink

5. tsgh

June 19, 2014 at 9:50am

I thought you were already one of them rico :P

June 19, 2014 at 9:56am

To echo Ak’s warning yesterday, ‘don’t get too carried away by some. Of the exceptional players who are having a good WC. When they are bought they turn into dogs, his example was Hagi, who during the comp was unbelievable, then went to Barca and was total pants, total very expensive pants! And I dare bet there are many others who come to mind, bought after a good showing in a finals, John Jensen anybody? One cracking goal in the Euros final and one more for Arsenal in the next five years, or so. He was shite! Etc etc
    Morning, again.

June 19, 2014 at 9:57am

I wish….

June 19, 2014 at 9:58am

Wavy, I believe nothing that is written in the transfer rumours, but HH needs something to feed off this time of the years… lol

9. Bt62 Gooner

June 19, 2014 at 10:06am

HaHa Rico, you hooked me with that one! Don’t take a job in Fleet St, you’ll sully your good name! lol. Well done Chile,Australia and Tim Cahill take a bow. What about that twat Song? Wrighty’s family must have been petrified.

June 19, 2014 at 10:09am

Paul Walsh:

‘Stats mean nothing, look at the game and see what that says, Rooney may have covered more ground than any other player against Italy but all that shows is he can run. What he does with the ball counts’…..

So very very true…..

11. Bt62 Gooner

June 19, 2014 at 10:09am

Oops, morning all.

June 19, 2014 at 10:10am

:) Bt… I wouldn’t get offered a job in Fleet Street so I’m stuck here for a while yet… lol

13. tsgh

June 19, 2014 at 10:21am

Paul Walsh does not know what he is talking about.lol

Yes Wooney is not the same Wooney but then again was he ever what he was billed out to be?

The reason why English football has been shite for donkey years is that, pundits and the likes only respect 3 types of people in football.

1.The so called leaders like John Terry and Scott Parker
    2. The likes of Townsend and Ox who just run with the ball and get fans excited and
    3. Those who score goals

If Xavi and Iniesta were in this country they would never have made been considered world greats…

If England had Pirlo he woud be playing for Morecambe instead of the national team imho…

The compendium of English football was as pundits considered Scott Parker better than Carrick because Scott Parker gave the ball away and then dived into tackles like a looney… whilst Carrick kept the ball ticking along very simply… all my humble opinion of course.

Also pundits and experts can blame foriegn imports as much as they want but since 1968 to 1990 what was the percentage of imports in this league compared to home players and how may trophies did we win?
    Ps. Even Greece and Denmark have won a trophy each since we last made a semi’s in a major tournament…

14. tsgh

June 19, 2014 at 10:24am

Hi Bt, Scott

15. Nickie

June 19, 2014 at 10:27am

Morning all,

Good post Rico even if the headline gave me a nasty shock

16. Gunnerdna

June 19, 2014 at 10:27am

Morning all. good post rico. lol

17. rogerbij

June 19, 2014 at 10:29am

Thanks for the post Rico, I must say you often fill me in with news I dont get anywhere else – Knew nothing about Ian Wright and his family’s ordeal. Hope they are doing ok.

I can feel a groundswell of love building for Alexis Sanchez to Arsenal. Maybe it will have the butterfly effect ;)

18. serem

June 19, 2014 at 10:32am

sighning zanchez wil be fantastic,mario khedira for defensive mid ooooh it is perfect let it be a dream come true.

June 19, 2014 at 10:32am

I don’t think one can say that about Xavi and Iniesta, r any player really. No-one knows how a player would play in the PL until they do…

There is no reason why either of those players couldn’t have excelled in England..

20. potter

June 19, 2014 at 10:33am

Disingenuous headline there ,Spain’s team and Del Bosque has run their course. The next manager will have to start again and change their style. Del Bosque will get the white handkerchiefs and they will have to play a more direct style .

June 19, 2014 at 10:34am

Thanks Nickie, Gdna and roger..

I’d love us to sign Sanchez, I really would…

June 19, 2014 at 10:36am

But it’s true potter, Santi is out of the WC… It’s not my fault it can perceived in a different way… lol

Del Bosque expects to be sacked….

23. potter

June 19, 2014 at 10:37am

Xavi has been a good worker but merely a satellite to Iniesta’s star. Probably the reason why Cesc couldn’t replace Xavi was because he wanted the Iniesta role .

June 19, 2014 at 10:48am

Thanks Nickie, my fingers and toes are crossed… ;)

25. tsgh

June 19, 2014 at 10:49am

I still wouldn’t write off Manzukic… I know the faithful do not rate him due to his CL showings.

But in most cases strikers do not do very well in the CL apart from unknowns sucha s Costa etc…

In the big games the AM are the ones who have spaces to shine especially with most teams playing 1 upfront. imo

June 19, 2014 at 10:52am

Back a bit later, things to be doing this morning….

27. Nickie

June 19, 2014 at 10:54am

If we managed a Balotelli and Sanchez double, I’d be so happy.

then a Schniederlin, Aurier and free agent GK.

Please Santa Wenger we don’t want tooooo much lol

June 19, 2014 at 11:17am

Morning All
    Morning Rico…

That, Rico, was a post of many facets.
    I have read it three times…

Wavy, 9.56;
    That’s right mate, Wenger studies players and has them scouted ad nuseum, there’s no way he’d buy someone on the back of a WC…
    He knows eho he wants, it all depends on him agreeing the price and giving the green light…

29. Wath

June 19, 2014 at 11:32am

Morning All,

Paul Walsh doesn’t know what he’s talking about…. Really Ts…. Bit of a ridiculous comment when he’s played the game and was a proper baller not a robot…! Think his opinion warrants a little more respect to be honest…! I think he’s spot on… running around like a headless chicken makes a stat look great but bottom line is indeed what you do with the ball…! Then again what do i know…!

June 19, 2014 at 11:50am

What do any of us really know Wath, it’s all just opinion…

Like you, I thought that Paul Walsh was a very good, technical player, in an era when English football was a Charles Hughes wonderland/desert…

Didn’t he play for Liverpool?

31. NashuaGunners

June 19, 2014 at 11:50am

Good Morning Rico and All
    Good read and I always love the rumours

Santi Cazorla exit confirmed? Boy oh boy! I almost got heart attack with the headline.

32. potter

June 19, 2014 at 11:52am

Paul Walsh and the lot up the road I think.

33. potter

June 19, 2014 at 11:54am

Busy little player , had a greater nuisance value than creative though.

34. Wath

June 19, 2014 at 11:57am

Started off at Luton Kev then went to Lpoo and then ended up with the lot up the rd… He’s also a staunch Arsenal fan and yes I always saw him as a very good technical player, I always wanted us to buy him…! Then again I want us to buy lots of players we never do…!

35. ktr7

June 19, 2014 at 11:59am

Good read rico.cheeky headline though…

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho backed his former
    player Mesut Özil following recent criticisms
    directed at the Arsenal star.
    “I can not understand the criticism it’s not
    justified, Özil is Özil,” Mourinho said in an
    interview with Yahoo.
    “He is not the emotional leader of that team and
    doesn’t sweep everyone aside with his on the
    field aggression.
    “No, this is not Mesut. Özil is someone who
    makes you smile when he’s on the ball. He is
    always ready and makes good passes, his balls
    are always accurate and properly timed.”
    Mourinho managed Özil while at Real Madrid and
    revealed that the Germany international needs a
    little encouragement from time to time.
    “Mesut I know well from our time together at
    Real Madrid,” Mourinho said.
    “He’s a very sensitive boy. He needs the
    confidence of the others. The need to believe in
    him.
    “For example after his substitution in the game
    against Portugal, he was cheered by someone
    immediately. The first was with him Sami
    Khedira.
    “That was no coincidence: The two know each
    other well from Madrid. Sami knew in that
    moment what Özil needed. A sweet touch! A little
    encouragement!”
    Özil starred in Germany’s 4-0 win over Portugal.
    The 25-year-old was involved with most of his
    teams attacking moves for the 63 minutes he
    played. Özil completed 37 passes with a 92 per-
    cent accuracy and had the highest number of
    successful dribbled on his team.
    The Germany international broke Arsenal’s
    transfer record when he was signed for £42.5
    million last summer.

36. Nickie

June 19, 2014 at 12:06pm

Ktr

Thanks for sharing that. Nice little read. A lot of Ozil’s key passes in the build up to a chance do go unnoticed, but I appreciate what he does. Just because he’s not exploding goals into the top left corner like a Yaya Toure. Ozil is more suttle in the way he goes about his work, without this guy on the pitch = less goals/chances. Just need a naughty little finisher for fans to realise that Ozil is good for the team

37. Scott From Oz

June 19, 2014 at 12:16pm

I said all along thatLzil did not lose form, thosea round him did, and because of his style of play, he was made to look ordinary.
    A world class player who will only improve for us.

38. Scott From Oz

June 19, 2014 at 12:16pm

Hate typing on bloody IPads!!!!

39. Nickie

June 19, 2014 at 12:18pm

Spot on Scott! :)

My nan has robbed my Ipad for her bloody farm heroes saga etc lol!

40. Scott From Oz

June 19, 2014 at 12:22pm

It’s my own fault Nickie……I know better, but I still hit the post comment button before checking :)

41. Wath

June 19, 2014 at 12:37pm

It’s cos your upside down you Aussie plum… :P :D

Plus you can’t spell anyway and who actually believes your on an ipad….!?!?!

June 19, 2014 at 12:39pm

padi isn’t it WATH?

43. tsgh

June 19, 2014 at 12:39pm

Jeez Wath,my comment was just ironic to the stats don’t mean anything bit…
    my point was that wooney is being bashed for not being as good as we think he should be..
    GG will bar you for 1 ,hour

44. Wath

June 19, 2014 at 12:49pm

If he had an ipad Lee it would be chained to his wrist as well………

I’ll let you off Ts….. We all know Rooney is the media darling for sure and yes he’s good or has been but he isn’t brilliant… certainly not anymore. Waslshie spot on with those stats meaning sweet FA though lol :P Then again we all know that apart from hmmmmmm yes you know who lol

45. S2S

June 19, 2014 at 12:53pm

Ts:

What did AW say about SC19?

June 19, 2014 at 12:55pm

Smoke and mirrors….

47. tsgh

June 19, 2014 at 1:07pm

S2s, something about its not always up to club….google translator so…lol
    Wath,I don’t believe wooney was as bad as he is being made to be but that is just my opinion.
    Maybe I like wooney so I will defend him.
    Kt,re Ozil good post.
    imo,fans want something ozil rarely does
    The issue is not with Mesut

48. tsgh

June 19, 2014 at 1:19pm

The biggest critiques of stats are the first to post og12’s conversion rate next to Suarez or cesc’s assist so… ;)

49. potter

June 19, 2014 at 1:20pm

You only have to be at the ground and watch Ozil live to realise that he is a class act. TV only shows the immediate area around the ball and not the movement off the ball and the bigger picture.

50. tsgh

June 19, 2014 at 1:28pm

TRUE Potter

51. ktr7

June 19, 2014 at 1:41pm

Mesut is so good especially off the ball as potter put it.he is as good with and without the ball.there is not a single player in the league as elegant on the ball as mesut.am so glad he is ours.he receives criticism because he doesn’t express his body language similar to the Gerrards of this world but thats just how he is.if you have followed him since his Bremen days like i have he has always been subdued.Pirlo is kind of similar.he barely looks like he gives a shit but he ran the midfield last week against England.Fans just need to understand him.

52. southyorkshiregunner

June 19, 2014 at 1:51pm

Afternoon all !

Watched Oz v Holland and the first half of Cameroon v Croatia. Missed Spain game as I went out for a curry.

53. Wath

June 19, 2014 at 1:55pm

Ts, I thought Rooney was out of position and didn’t help out Baines defensively at all, that said I don’t blame Rooney for that I blame the manager for picking square peg in a round hole but also the manager scared to upset the media if he don’t pick golden boy Rooney…. catch 22….!

Anyone that doesn’t rate Ozil should stick to tiddly winks… End of..!

June 19, 2014 at 2:06pm

I’ve just had a tiddle but I didn’t bother with the wink!

Ozil is just layed back. It’s the way he is, he seems detached from everything going on around him but, he doesn’t miss a trick! He is a great player. A world class player. The only one we’ve got at present. A couple more over the summer would not come amiss.

55. Nickie

June 19, 2014 at 2:08pm

I think i’d play Phil Jones at RB tonight

56. Wath

June 19, 2014 at 2:16pm

Wavy… far to much info mate………….. lol

Ozil pure class, makes things look easy and his awareness is exceptional. We need players around him that give him better options and thats in the striking department and also runners from midfield. He missed Theo and Aaron when they were not there a lot. If we solve the striker issues we’ll move up a level from last season for sure.

June 19, 2014 at 2:23pm

Afternoon all…

We signed or sold anyone yet?? ;)

58. ktr7

June 19, 2014 at 2:24pm

If Mesut were Spanish yesterday in the team the media would’ve destroyed him.they want him to fail so bad…its pathetic.Pretty much anyone who understands football knows how good he is.Mourinho if he had a chance would pick him over any other #10 in the world-even cesc.If we put movement around him watch him fly.the only player that would stop him from winning the PFA is Ramsey ;-)

June 19, 2014 at 2:27pm

Cobra?

June 19, 2014 at 2:29pm

Yes please Lee… ;)

61. Wath

June 19, 2014 at 2:30pm

That’s the key KT, putting the right players around him and in front of him.

I sold Kev off to a rather rich American lady this morning Rico does that count… He’s gonna love it she is loaded and about 85 so if he plays his cards right………….

June 19, 2014 at 2:30pm

Kt, reading around the websites last season, many Arsenal fans were all ready to ditch him.. Crazy crazy!

June 19, 2014 at 2:31pm

:) Wath, errrm, not quite though…

64. ktr7

June 19, 2014 at 2:34pm

I also said it here the other day;this is the 1st time in his club career that he has been trusted with the role of top dog.at Bremen it was Diego Ribas, at Madrid iy was Ronaldo.he was merely the supporting cast.here he is top dog with more responsibility now than he ever has and he loves it!he said so himself.he is adored here by the fans-more than ever at his previous clubs.he’ll be desperate to pay that faith back.we trebled our transfer record for him which shows how much faith and trust we have in his ability.Wenger even turned out Cesc for him!…he is going to pay that faith back.just get the players we need and watch the magic happen.

June 19, 2014 at 2:35pm

Injuries to Walcott and the Ox put a massive spanner in the works…..

66. ktr7

June 19, 2014 at 2:37pm

Wath/rico I have no doubt Mourinho would bin Cesc for Ozil…none.he is that good.

67. potter

June 19, 2014 at 2:38pm

Only the ones that are led by the media , Durham and his no nothing cohorts. As they say unfortunately——- empty vessels etc.

June 19, 2014 at 2:46pm

Agree re Mesut and as most one here say, get the players to support him and bring the best out of him and he’ll soon get the best out of them too.

Just as Dennis did…..

June 19, 2014 at 2:48pm

They sure did Lee, as did Ramsey’s injury.

But again, we have said before that overplaying hardly helps the cause and that all comes back to having a lack of depth and strength.

June 19, 2014 at 2:59pm

A few headlines suggest Milan want Campbell and cash for Balotelli….

71. Nickie

June 19, 2014 at 3:02pm

If that’s what the deal hinged on say 15 mil + Campbell for Balotelli would you do that Rico?

72. Nickie

June 19, 2014 at 3:06pm

Desperados? :p

June 19, 2014 at 3:06pm

Good question Nickie, if I truly believed Mario would behave, then yes….

June 19, 2014 at 3:07pm

Think I’d rather have Campbell than Balotelli. He’s younger, cheaper and far more coachable than the insane italian! But only if it came to a choice between the two, otherwise I’d have both of them, but I would hire a psychiatrist to assist with off field therapy sessions!

June 19, 2014 at 3:07pm

And a slice of lime…. lol

June 19, 2014 at 3:11pm

iPad…???

More like a boomarang and a hat with corks on string…

77. Nickie

June 19, 2014 at 3:15pm

try an ice cold bottled bud with a few drops of lime cordial in the top. you will not be disappointed hehe.

Joel is a funny one, from his previous interaction with the media I get the feeling he’s using Arsenal as a stepping stone anyway so would use him for Balo. On the other hand I’d love to see how he would progress at us, maybe he could become a Balo himself lol

June 19, 2014 at 3:24pm

Hierbas!

June 19, 2014 at 3:24pm

Estrella.

June 19, 2014 at 3:25pm

I prefer Bud, but lime added?? Criminal…. lol

Me too re Joel, can’t see AW doing a player swap though, he seldom does that in fact I think Cole/Gallas was the last and we got bit on the butt big time there….

June 19, 2014 at 3:25pm

Vodka Fanta lemon.

June 19, 2014 at 3:25pm

‘Ere Wath, that American bird, what a go’er…. :-D

I do like older women, as you know Wath… ;-)

June 19, 2014 at 3:26pm

Estrella is one of my favs, served in a big frosted glass after a day on the beach is just unbeatable…. nom nom…

June 19, 2014 at 3:26pm

Kev, aka Wooney ;)

85. Nickie

June 19, 2014 at 3:28pm

just tryyyy Rico! lol

Apparently the potential addition of Campbell to a deal for Balo will be loan only.

June 19, 2014 at 3:31pm

Ketamine or MDMA to take the edge off too…………..

87. Nickie

June 19, 2014 at 3:31pm

These newspapers acting like they know every little piece of our transfer news and we scrap around on it like vultures. Balotelli probably isn’t even a target of Wenger lol, just a twitter story that’s gathered pace and momentum like a snowball down a hill.

88. Nickie

June 19, 2014 at 3:33pm

You’ll be knocked out before you get to see England knocked out Lee! lol

June 19, 2014 at 3:34pm

I couldn’t bring myself to add lime Nickie, honest….

A loan wouldn’t be a bad idea… When does JC’s contract expire?

June 19, 2014 at 3:36pm

Think I’d swerve those Lee ;)

June 19, 2014 at 3:37pm

Didn’t some young kid die after taking ketamene and beer a couple of days ago?

June 19, 2014 at 3:39pm

That’s the old me…..

June 19, 2014 at 3:39pm

Well last weekend…….

June 19, 2014 at 3:42pm

Saw Ushmanov’s boat cruising off of Ibiza…..

95. Nickie

June 19, 2014 at 3:42pm

I think he may have been on a 5 year deal when he signed in 2011, there’s no talk of his contract expiring next year which makes it likely to expire in 2016.

96. Nickie

June 19, 2014 at 3:43pm

Some poor kid died from taking to much laughing gas recently. Lot’s of these little silver bottles on the floor near hoodlem hang outs

June 19, 2014 at 3:45pm

rico, my biggest fear is we’ll see lots of hoodies hanging around street corners and local parks tooled up with shaving foam cans when this world cup ends, the streets aren’t safe anymore.

June 19, 2014 at 3:46pm

And the new you??

Did you stop him Lee and tell him to pay Kroenke off??

June 19, 2014 at 3:47pm

When I was a kid, smoking was the only naughty thing, how times have changed eh…

June 19, 2014 at 3:48pm

:) Micko, was is that stuff all about eh, bizarre…..

101. potter

June 19, 2014 at 3:48pm

Estrella siempre.

June 19, 2014 at 3:50pm

I got more hair than Wooney…

I also got a fridge full of Peroni :-P

June 19, 2014 at 3:50pm

Paul Walsh and Brian stein were a great strike duo for Luton back in the 80’s.

104. Wath

June 19, 2014 at 3:53pm

Nice one Kev, knew you’d enjoy… Hope she’s put you in her will and wants round 2…..!

105. Wath

June 19, 2014 at 3:58pm

Micko, Don’t forget Mick Harford…..

June 19, 2014 at 3:59pm

Not tried that one Potter…

Fridge full Kev, you not been drinking it… ;)

107. potter

June 19, 2014 at 4:09pm

Siempre means always in Spanish , it was an advertising campaign they used a few years ago.

June 19, 2014 at 4:09pm

They had a few good players wath, remember ricky hill as well, they also had a right dodgy pitch ! We never got a result on that bit of plastic.
    tsgh, no more predictions from me this WC you’ll be glad to know, agag mocking me was the final straw.

June 19, 2014 at 4:13pm

Oops, silly me ;)

June 19, 2014 at 4:21pm

Sharpen up blondie….

June 19, 2014 at 4:23pm

Oi oi, I don’t speak Spanish….

June 19, 2014 at 4:26pm

I only speak a little but my mate thinks he’s the nuts, whilst in Ibiza last weekend he was giving it the big un ordering “quatro conos!!” I’ll leave Potter to explain………….

113. potter

June 19, 2014 at 4:33pm

A cana is a small glass of draught beer. The N is pronounced with a y on it. So canya would be right . again Conyo is a non complimentary name for a person that you might meet once a week on a tuesday.

June 19, 2014 at 4:38pm

Or Thursday? ;)

I thought you were fluent Lee…

115. Wath

June 19, 2014 at 4:59pm

Lee only fluent in drinking them Rico not ordering……..

June 19, 2014 at 5:00pm

Suppose bony will be the red hot favourite to sign for us come 7.30.
    Those Ivorians look a right bunch of hard nuts ! When they’re not crying I mean.

June 19, 2014 at 5:06pm

You’re probably right there Wath…

June 19, 2014 at 5:11pm

Who is winning?

June 19, 2014 at 5:15pm

Just kicked off rico.

June 19, 2014 at 5:16pm

I’m skipping this one Micko, bit ‘footballed out’ and need to suffer the game later…

June 19, 2014 at 5:21pm

48 years of hurt rico !

Out of the 22 starters on the pitch not one plays in their home country, sign of the times.

June 19, 2014 at 5:27pm

Sure is Micko..

Guess they are all earning mega bucks elsewhere…..

June 19, 2014 at 5:35pm

Back later, off to sort something for dinner….

June 19, 2014 at 6:32pm

Columbia 2 nil up with 20 to go, Dogpoo and Kalou on for the the Ivory Coast, zzzzzzzzzz, it’s not a classic.

June 19, 2014 at 6:35pm

I think Gerv just scored one of the goals of the tournament. Hahaha. I never would have thought he had it in him.

June 19, 2014 at 6:36pm

Gerv pulls one back, calm down tsgh !

June 19, 2014 at 6:38pm

Rico, loved Mertesacker’s comment on Santi having a good season.

Micko, what are your predictions for today? What has your pet goldfish, bunny or rock indicated? Lol.

June 19, 2014 at 6:44pm

Haha agag, did you miss my 4.09 !
    rico, surely you don’t condone harassment.

June 19, 2014 at 6:46pm

Just saw it, Micko. Lol lol. :D I think there’s money to be made betting against your bets.

June 19, 2014 at 6:46pm

Btw, how did you know about my rock, I mentioned it to no-one ?

June 19, 2014 at 6:48pm

I had a suspicio it was a rock or a leprechaun. Haha.

June 19, 2014 at 6:52pm

Agag, I’m heading out for the game now, catch you later.

June 19, 2014 at 6:58pm

Catch ya later, buddy.

Come on, England!

134. ktr7

June 19, 2014 at 7:05pm

Agag!!!been quite a while …

June 19, 2014 at 7:16pm

Boo, KT. How have you been? You rotting for any team in particular?

136. ktr7

June 19, 2014 at 7:21pm

Been good…hope you have been good too.From the beginning i have rooted for Germany/Chile.so far so good.

June 19, 2014 at 7:33pm

Soft spot for the Frogs, so France for me. Then Germany because of our players. Chile was electric last night. Vidal Medel Sanchez were wow.

June 19, 2014 at 7:42pm

Evening folks..

Agag – I missed Merts comments… And stop being cruel to Micko… :) :) :)

Micko, enjoy the game…

June 19, 2014 at 7:44pm

Kt, I loved watching Chile last night,you may have guessed …lol

140. ktr7

June 19, 2014 at 7:47pm

Told you rico.I’ve liked Chile since 2009 when I first saw them under Marcelo Bielsa.

June 19, 2014 at 7:52pm

Glenn Hoddle looks like he’s been slowly cooked on a roasting spit, he’ll be crackling by the time the WC is over… ;)

June 19, 2014 at 7:52pm

You did Kt…

June 19, 2014 at 7:54pm

Nice to see Rooney talking to the mascot. Not sure the little lad would have been able to understand him though…. lol

June 19, 2014 at 8:05pm

Rico, sorry, Merts said that Santi would have a good pre season since Spain are out. Haha.

June 19, 2014 at 8:08pm

The kid must have been thrilled to meet Shrek. Lol.

June 19, 2014 at 8:10pm

I find it so difficult to cheer on England without our boys.

June 19, 2014 at 8:20pm

:) agag, he will..

He looked scared… lol

June 19, 2014 at 8:22pm

England are very average right now….

June 19, 2014 at 8:23pm

Jagielka iis pants.

June 19, 2014 at 8:25pm

I was thinking something similar….

June 19, 2014 at 8:29pm

He should have been off!

June 19, 2014 at 8:29pm

Rico, so little urgency. Still, I hope Woy gets some joy.

June 19, 2014 at 8:35pm

They’ve woken up a bit now…

I do too agag re Roy…

June 19, 2014 at 8:38pm

Darn it!

June 19, 2014 at 8:43pm

Come on, England….

156. Scott From Oz

June 19, 2014 at 8:44pm

Lee and Wath, I just caught up with your comments, and all I can say is thanks a lot you pair of bastards hahahahaha.

June 19, 2014 at 8:44pm

Come on Rooney, this may be your last WC

158. Gunnerdna

June 19, 2014 at 8:46pm

Jordan Henderson looks lost.

June 19, 2014 at 8:48pm

rico, we did say, Jagielka is pants…

160. Gonerjoe

June 19, 2014 at 8:50pm

If Roy doesn’t take Rooney and Gerrard off England will be going home like Spain. They are absolute rubbish

161. ktr7

June 19, 2014 at 8:55pm

Uruguay bar their forwards are so average…all South American sides at the WC to me are better than them.

June 19, 2014 at 8:58pm

He is agag, sloppy for the goal….

With all the free kicks being given away at the back by Uruguay, maybe Lambert would be a good idea…

163. potter

June 19, 2014 at 9:02pm

If this is the best we can do , it’s all very depressing.

June 19, 2014 at 9:03pm

KT, you could say the same for Argentina. ;) I found them the most disappointing of the “big” sides.

165. Mr Wath

June 19, 2014 at 9:05pm

Same old dross from England the normal suspects r shit…..

Were you upside down Scott :-)

June 19, 2014 at 9:06pm

The commentator is laying into Baines. Lol.

June 19, 2014 at 9:06pm

Very depressing!

June 19, 2014 at 9:08pm

The media have been raving about all the Scouse players being with England, well most of them are awful tonight…..

June 19, 2014 at 9:09pm

Good god, England’s back four is nothing short of disastrous. Mr WATH, I hope you’re well stocked up in GG. You look like you’d be needing a vat. Lol.

Morning, Scott!

June 19, 2014 at 9:10pm

Rooney on a hattrick of misses. :(

June 19, 2014 at 9:11pm

Johnson is even worse than Baines…

172. Gonerjoe

June 19, 2014 at 9:11pm

Rooney needs to come off

June 19, 2014 at 9:14pm

I think he’ll get a goal Joe…

174. Scott From Oz

June 19, 2014 at 9:16pm

I’m always upside down according you lot, Wath, or is that Mr Wath?
    Next week, you’ll be Sir Wath, no doubt.
    Rate yourself bloody highly, don’t you :)
    Hi Agag….long time, no talk lol

June 19, 2014 at 9:16pm

Lallana for Sterling soon hopefully…

176. potter

June 19, 2014 at 9:18pm

not just Rooney , most of them if not all.

June 19, 2014 at 9:18pm

:) Scott, you tell him….

June 19, 2014 at 9:20pm

All started with the singing Potter… Very poor…

179. Gonerjoe

June 19, 2014 at 9:21pm

I don’t think so he’s missed 3 sitters he maybe over thinking it He’s head is not in this world cup or any he’s played.

June 19, 2014 at 9:28pm

Scott, I hope your boys give Spain a hiding. :D

June 19, 2014 at 9:31pm

Get in there Rooney :P

182. Gonerjoe

June 19, 2014 at 9:31pm

Oh well see what I know

June 19, 2014 at 9:31pm

Yay Rooney!!! (eeewwww, did I really just say that?) I feel dirty.

184. Mr Wath

June 19, 2014 at 9:32pm

Scott, Like it when you call me Sir…. Keep it up :-)

Fuck me we’ve managed a goal…!

185. potter

June 19, 2014 at 9:32pm

Possibly undeserved but you have to take it

June 19, 2014 at 9:32pm

Goonerjoe, your predictions are as bad as Micko’s. :lol:

June 19, 2014 at 9:35pm

:) agag…

Joe, if he’d missed that he’d have been lambasted by the media….

188. Scott From Oz

June 19, 2014 at 9:37pm

Piss off, Sir hahahahahaha.
    Agag, to be honest, I think Spain will come put all guns blazing just to save a little pride.
    It depends if we can hold them put early on.
    My fear is we gave our all v the Dutch, and have emptied the tank but we know one thing…..the boys will give their all.
    I ask for nothing else.

189. Scott From Oz

June 19, 2014 at 9:38pm

On Facebook, a guy posted…..”this Shrek bastard will never score another goal for England as long as…….oh, well done Shrek”.
    Bloody classic, and not made up!!

190. Scott From Oz

June 19, 2014 at 9:38pm

Rico, have you noticed he’s getting a little bit cocky of late?
    If he ever comes up with Lord Wath, we will put out a contract on him :)

June 19, 2014 at 9:40pm

Had to be Gerrard!!

June 19, 2014 at 9:41pm

You leave me out of it Scott ;)

June 19, 2014 at 9:41pm

Oh well.

194. potter

June 19, 2014 at 9:43pm

Henderson’s useless centre , Gerrard’s mistimed jump, England undone again. I don’t know how a team with such a good passing style get caught out so often.

195. Gonerjoe

June 19, 2014 at 9:43pm

I was right about Gerrard

June 19, 2014 at 9:45pm

potter, you sure you’re not describing AFC there? ;)

June 19, 2014 at 9:46pm

Look on the bright side, like Spain, we won’t see some of these old farts again in an England shirt!

June 19, 2014 at 9:49pm

I guess Roy will be a gonner too….

199. Gonerjoe

June 19, 2014 at 9:49pm

Gerrard instead of jack That’s what you get when you let the press pick your team.

200. potter

June 19, 2014 at 9:50pm

The young ones aren’t much better.

June 19, 2014 at 9:54pm

But they could get better with time and perhaps a whole new approach…

Oh well, it’s all hanging on Italy to beat Uruguay and Costa Rica now and hope we can beat Costa Rica, however, I doubt we will……

June 19, 2014 at 9:54pm

I’m off for the day guys and gals, catch up tomorrow….

Night all….

June 19, 2014 at 10:03pm

Night, guys!! :)

204. Joaquim Moreira

June 19, 2014 at 10:19pm

Ballotelli? why? Another Bendtner!!!!

205. potter

June 19, 2014 at 10:22pm

You sound like Adrian Chiles.

206. Nickie

June 19, 2014 at 10:28pm

4 games without a win including Honduras and Ecuador. Usually defensively solid but conceded 4 goals in 2 games. 4 year wait for that! lol good night all

207. Nickie

June 19, 2014 at 10:31pm

Rico spot on, sick of Gerrard, Rooney, Johnson. Fresh faces needed why give Jack the 7 shirt? Lallana was all over the friendlies and he’s given 30 mins out of 180 minutes in the group games? Welbeck? why is he one of the first names on the team sheet and if Rooney is lacking form why the **** is he on the pitch ? right rant over lol really going to bed now!

208. potter

June 19, 2014 at 10:49pm

Joe was right the press picked the team and they were unable to let the remnants of their golden generation go. One thing struck me about our goal , from start to finish the ball never left the floor, yet for the rest of the match we were playing long ball stuff and in fact their 2nd goal came from a hopeful lob from Henderson into the keepers arms for the long ball upfield which Gerrard headed backwards. Question was Suarez offside and if he was where was the call to leave it ? I don’t know because not only have I not rewatched it, I really can’t be bothered to do so.

June 20, 2014 at 1:13am

Well that was a pile of shit…

No need to risk Jack or AOC now…

Godin should have been off for his foul on Sturridge.
    There was a foul on Welbeck, not given, prior to Uruguay’s 1st goal…
    Yes, England were poor, but once more a referee (Spanish) stitches us up…
    England were fixed up before Mexico 1970, & it’s been thus ever since…

June 20, 2014 at 1:20am

That England defence has to be the most disorganised I think i’ve ever sedn in an England team…

Johnson and Baines are great at going forward, but they cannot defend.
    Jagielka lokked a very very poor defender, totally unaware of what was going on around him and unable to respond to it.
    Cahill was the best of a bad bunch, but he was quite poor at times…
    Smalling and Jones are even worse, it’s a shambles…

Makes you wonder what they do in training???

June 20, 2014 at 1:28am

Gerrard was pretty uninspiring, whilst Henderson wasn’t much better. If they were supposed to protect the back-four, I gotta say that they failed miserably.

Rooney did ok, Sturridge looked our best forward, Welbeck isn’t good enough to be a starter, Sterling was quiet.
    Liked Lallana and Barkley when they came on. Both should start against Costa Rica imo.

June 20, 2014 at 1:30am

Night All

Morning Lee

June 20, 2014 at 6:35am

Still we’ve got the transfer window to look forward to….. Or b)
    I knew there was a reason I don’t usually watch England!

214. Harry Barracuda

June 20, 2014 at 7:08am

Reportedly Reportedly Reportedly. All of these reports are bollocks.

215. potter

June 20, 2014 at 8:06am

If you were playing against a dangerous centre forward that you knew was back early from a knee operation would you not expect your defensive midfielders to give it a test early to see if he was fully fit. Of course a good crack on that knee might have put the player out for a few months and affected his club career…….. Wonder why that did not happen ?

June 20, 2014 at 8:17am

I’ve waited for years for England to play like Spain, and now we are……

June 20, 2014 at 8:49am

What a crock of cr*p that was…

That’s funny Lee.

Morning all….

June 20, 2014 at 9:03am

Potter, that must be the first time I have agreed with Chiles ;)

219. Nickie

June 20, 2014 at 9:16am

The only thing more upsetting than an England loss is to see Adrian Chiles’ face just after England lose. lol

June 20, 2014 at 9:22am

His face any time is pretty grim Nickie….

221. Nickie

June 20, 2014 at 9:38am

hehe Morning.

I don’t believe we have bad defenders. They had a good defensive record pre-world cup, then again we wasn’t playing Suarez, Cavani and Balotelli.

I think the thing that has annoyed me most is he says he’s going to go for it, then fields the likes of Welbeck, Gerrard, Henderson and a formless Rooney. We had no urgency or pace for the best part of 50-60 minutes in that game. The way we’ve gone out with a whimper is upsetting, there was no fight, passion or drive. I don’t think I saw Johnson break into a sprint.

This 2 shots on goal 2 goals thing is nonsense, Cavani 1 on 1, Suarez scuff, Rodriguez over the bar. Uruguay had chances but so did England. Ultimately we are used to this now which is a shame.

June 20, 2014 at 9:44am

The way Jag marked Suarez for the first goal was crazy, you just don’t give that guy an inch, let alone let him get behind you.

And the second was just awful, sloppy stuff in the midfield…

Thought the referee bottled the second booking for their captain which no doubt would have made a difference but regardless, the way England played, they deserved little…

June 20, 2014 at 9:46am

And I agree with Potter, England knew Suarez wasn’t in the best of health with his bad knee, we should have done what other sides would do and give him a few hard tackles to test him…

June 20, 2014 at 9:49am