Wenger wants Remy and Balotelli. Sagna dreams of big victory…..

Football fans, darn football fans!!

Every now and again some numptie pops on here and ridicules an opinion/suggestion, bes rude and then he/she is gone, never to appear again. What’s wrong with some folk eh…

Toothless twerps! Go and get your own Arsenal site up and running I say and see how you get on!!

Anyway, today is a new day…….

Actually, it might be a new day but there’s nothing new to report really. The same old stories and rumours are regurgitated by the newspapers and we Arsenal fans feed off of them day after day but all the time, fully aware of the fact it’s all made up.

Look at The Mail this morning, a reported for that newspaper writes that Lukas Podolski is leaving and in will come Remy and Balotelli.

Porto’s Danilo and Callum Chambers are two right backs linked to us in other newspapers.

Rumours eh!

Back to the official site today and despite Bacary Sagna being on the move away from us, he’s been talking about the World Cup:

I dreamt about winning the World Cup many times.

Many times I was thinking I would love to lift that cup and celebrate. Especially when France won it in 1998, it was madness. The country went crazy and I remember thinking about being one of those players. I am now.

I don’t really remember much about France winning in 1998 but I do recall them beating Italy in the final of the 2000 Euro’s. I was sat in a restaurant on holiday that night and the place seemed to be full of Italian supporters.

When Wiltord scored the equaliser for France and I was cheering. Strange really as I’m English through and though but and don’r really care for the French side, this was Wiltord……

The match went into extra time, the ‘sudden death golden goal’ would decide the victors.

The Italian goalkeeper made a brilliant save to prevent Robert Pires from grabbing glory for the French team but he remains a French hero for setting up Trezeguet for the winner.

A stunning left footed finish high and past Toldo.

France won but bearing in mind a few were Arsenal players back then, so much so, it felf like an Arsenal victory…

Maybe that’s why I was cheering for the French national side…..

Talking of national sides, it seems that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is winning his fitness battle for the World Cup, Roy Hodgson said he’ll be ready in two weeks time….

That’s your lot for Sunday, have a great day all….

175 thoughts on “Wenger wants Remy and Balotelli. Sagna dreams of big victory…..

1. Adam

June 8, 2014 at 9:55am

Morning Rico. I know exactly what you mean about dickheads coming on and talking rubbish. There was one yesterday wasn’t there?
    Can’t think what to make of the Balotelli stuff as it seems that the potential rewards are always likely to be offset by the likelihood that he will go off the rails at any moment, on or off the field.

June 8, 2014 at 10:01am

Morning Adam. There was…

Agree re Balotelli, really can’t see AW signing him, he’s like a ticking time bomb isn’t he…

June 8, 2014 at 10:02am

How was your tea party, the weather came good in the end didn’t it…

4. El Tel 1

June 8, 2014 at 10:04am

Morning Rico,

Out of all the forwards we have been linked with Balotteli makes sense. He has all the attributes of a PL player. Power pace and aggression, a kind of Drogba type player. Like others my worry is his attitude.

There is harmony in our team at the moment and Balloteli could change all this.

I would put him in the top three on my list if I was Manager.

June 8, 2014 at 10:05am

I watched the England match until the weather forced the players off, have to praise Roy Hodgson for going to chat with Wrighty, Hoddle and Dixon. What a nice guy he is..

Unlike that buffoon Chiles who should never have his mug in front of a camera, let alone be holding a microphone…

June 8, 2014 at 10:06am

Morning El Tel.

The player is top class, but yes, would be a real concern about him upsetting the dressing room. Would AW be able to manage him better than other managers before him…?

7. Adam

June 8, 2014 at 10:11am

The party was excellent thank you. Barbie, drinks and strawberries.

June 8, 2014 at 10:14am

Very nice Adam.

9. luznic

June 8, 2014 at 10:29am

Good morning Rico, Adam………Balloteli thats a funny one, his attitude is the problem

June 8, 2014 at 10:34am

Morning luznic. Agree re his attitude.

June 8, 2014 at 10:36am

This is tragic:

The Brazilian football team Internacional says former striker and coach Fernando Lucio da Costa, better known as Fernandao, has died in a helicopter crash.

The team says on its website that the 36-year old Fernandao was one of five passengers killed when the helicopter crashed early Saturday in the state of Goias, where he had a house.

The Goias police department says only da Costa was alive when rescue workers arrived, but he died while being rushed to the hospital.

Da Costa was one of Internacional’s most popular players. He was the team captain in 2006 when the team won the FIFA Club World Cup and the Copa Liberators, Latin America’s biggest club tournament.

After retiring as a player, he briefly coached the team but was sacked in November 2012.

12. Nickie

June 8, 2014 at 10:46am

Out of the very few strikers out there that are quality and affordable Balotelli Is certainly one of them. I’d be quite happy to go for him. He’s ways been in a team with big egos and terrible attitudes. Arsenal are different, feel good attitude a great couple of personalities ie Podolski. We could could see a changed man in Balotelli plus he wouldn’t have racial Hatrid affecting his game. Although there are positive to this singing there are definitely negatives, but the fact he could be available and he has prem experience and quality, we should be looking at him

13. Fatgun-Ug

June 8, 2014 at 10:51am

so sad to lose Fernando!
    goodmorning all HHers

14. potter

June 8, 2014 at 10:55am

Re :- The Ox , it’s good to hear that he is mending , lets hope that England don’t rush him back too soon , use and abuse him and send him back broken as International teams have done before.

15. luznic

June 8, 2014 at 11:05am

RIP Fernando……..i don’t think Wenger should be considering Balo but you never know since he bid for Suarez but I am scared of Balo coming in and disrupting this well built team

June 8, 2014 at 11:12am

AW could’t sort NB out, Balotelli would be even harder to tame imo…

June 8, 2014 at 11:19am

I don’t think Roy Hodgson will rush Ox back, he’s doesn’t seem to be that kind of a manager…

18. southyorkshiregunner

June 8, 2014 at 11:33am

Balotelli?

I could think of a load of worse options. Sanogo and Park for two.

He has baggage, but so did Barton, and I would have liked to have seen him at Arsenal (in his prime that is).

Petulant, erratic, disruptive, stupid, but a hundred times better than Benteke or Bony …

I don’t think Wenger could handle this one, although I wouldn’t mind seeing him try.. He’s a class act when he’s on form.

June 8, 2014 at 11:35am

He’s pretty cheap too for a striker of his quality Syg, but I guess that’s because he’s trouble….

June 8, 2014 at 11:41am

ARSENE WENGER is keen to add some French flair to his squad this summer by signing Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin and Lyon’s Clement Grenier.

In the Express today..

21. southyorkshiregunner

June 8, 2014 at 11:50am

Balotelli is good, of that there is no doubt.

1. We need fighters on the field and Balotelli – I just don’t know. If things were going bad would he dig in or would he sulk … ?

2. Would he easily get wound up by the opposition i.e Diaby, Song, Gervais and receive red’s and yellow’s?

3. Would he be a disruptive influence in the dressing room?

Wenger is not the best at man management.

22. southyorkshiregunner

June 8, 2014 at 11:52am

Morgan Schneiderlin and Clement Grenier?

Ginge likes Morgan Schneiderlin and he’s not African, so he must be good !

Grenier, we bid £8M for last season …….

June 8, 2014 at 11:53am

My own view is that we should stay well clear of him.

He’ll sulk, throw tantrums, get sent off and disrupt what appears to be, a very happy camp…

June 8, 2014 at 11:54am

I like Morgan too, he’s the heartbeat in Southamptons midfield..

25. southyorkshiregunner

June 8, 2014 at 11:56am

On another thing and Potter might be able to help ….

2/11/1964 Arsenal played Dundee up at Dens Park … Dundee were Scottish league champions with Alan Gilzean the player of the year …. Arsenal beat them 7-2….. Does anyone have any details? Scorers etc.

June 8, 2014 at 11:56am

Grenier is injured and not in the WC so if there’s any truth in that story, there’s no reason why AW can’t get any deal wrapped up quickly..

27. Wath

June 8, 2014 at 12:15pm

Bla bla bla……………. Grab an alcoholic beverage and chill til August….!

Until then it’s gossip gossip and more gossip from papers that ain’t got a f’kin clue….!

28. bob john

June 8, 2014 at 12:16pm

Hi all. Picture the scene.First game of ths season we are struggling to break down a stubborn Burnley defence when we are amazingly awarded a last minute penalty. Up steps Arteta only to find Balotelli has grabbed the ball and is insisting on taking the pen! Hmmm. Don’t think so!

June 8, 2014 at 12:18pm

Bit early for me Wath :)

June 8, 2014 at 12:18pm

I like that Bj… ;)

31. Wath

June 8, 2014 at 12:20pm

It’s past 12 Rico it’s never to early :D

32. frednerk

June 8, 2014 at 12:24pm

Balotelli v Steve Bould..only one winner me thinks.
    Balotelli would’nt last 5 minutes with Bouldy

33. TizTeezy

June 8, 2014 at 12:25pm

Balotelli or Sanchez or Pedro @20-25m, plus Remy@10m, plus Schneiderlin or Bender @15-20m, plus Aurier or Danilo@5-10m, plus Marshall or Ruffier@5-10m… That leaves us well equiped after spending between 55-75m IMHO… Goodmorning HH.

June 8, 2014 at 12:29pm

Just Google it SYG…

35. Canadian Gooner

June 8, 2014 at 12:33pm

Good Morning to The Lady of the House and all fellow Gooners in the House.

Rico – Unfortunately the anonymity and freedom of the internet emboldens some to abuse their privilege of having a free voice. It’s best just to ignore them even though they may be as annoying as a mosquito or a twat on a cellphone in a restaurant or a theater.

June 8, 2014 at 12:40pm

Is it that time already Wath… ;)

Good point fred, Bould wouldn’t take any nonsense. The Mirror reckon he’ll be the one to take over from Wenger in 2017!

June 8, 2014 at 12:40pm

And of course, Afternoon All.
    Afternoon Rico, did you get my mail?

June 8, 2014 at 12:41pm

Morning Cg, I did honest, although I felt like….. saying something. ;)

39. Adam

June 8, 2014 at 12:46pm

I doubt Steve Bould next myself. But a lot can happen in the interim. Possibly Wenger will not last the next 3 years.
    According to Gibert Harding it will be Pep.

40. Canadian Gooner

June 8, 2014 at 12:47pm

I have to agree with Potter.

“Balotelli is a flawed genius , if Wenger thinks he can get the best from him it will prove to be a great signing. However the buck stops with him if it goes wrong as nobody can argue that he could not be aware of Balo’s previous behavioral record .”

If Arsene is truly interested in Mario, he does/should know what he is getting in terms of attitude. Also, I wouldn’t compare him to NB52 who was just a poseur. Mario’s a fighter, too much of one at times, but he wouldn’t be satisfied in riding the pine like ‘The Great Dane?’.

If Arsene and Uncle Bouldy can control and guide Mario, he could be just what we need against the likes of Stoke and their thugs.

41. southyorkshiregunner

June 8, 2014 at 12:50pm

I have newspaper report, Kev. All it has is Billy Wright slagging Alan Gilzean off and him stating that Radford is better…

42. Joaquim Moreira

June 8, 2014 at 12:50pm

Balotelli is a problematic player. Besides, he only stayed one season (?) in each club. Symptomatic.

Fernando Lucio da Costa = Fernandão

June 8, 2014 at 12:51pm

Afternoon Kev, I haven’t checked my mail today, been preparing the porch for a lick of paint, will check now.. :)

44. Canadian Gooner

June 8, 2014 at 12:53pm

Rico – I don’t envy you having to ride herd on the regulars, far less the transitory graffiti snipers with more mouth than brains.

June 8, 2014 at 12:55pm

Who is Gilbert Harding Adam?

46. goonster

June 8, 2014 at 12:55pm

Morning all…rico don’t bother yourself about folks like “anus”. He’s probably a fat bald poxy faced bastard with tiny willies between his legs. Just to appear large he picks on people and the funny thing is he probably has low self esteem and can’t even go out in the sunshine cause his putrid skin might wear off. Cheer up mama bear….you ve got me :grin:

47. frednerk

June 8, 2014 at 12:56pm

Remember this.

Alex Song wanted a pay rise,he was told”You have 3 years left”
    so he became disruptive and was deemed to not be working hard enough,
    This problem came to a head in Cologne, where Steve Bould, Arsene’s right-hand man, “almost had Alex Song by the throat for being lazy and not listening to instructions”.

48. Adam

June 8, 2014 at 1:02pm

Rico. He was a TV personality who died in 1960 but I am in touch with him through the spirit world. He often speaks to me about Arsenal.

49. goonster

June 8, 2014 at 1:03pm

Mario “why always me” balotelli??? Yes please. He ll be arriving with a point to prove. He could knuckle down and become a legend. He’s a big game player plus he’s actually really talented. Like seriously??? Can’t believe we are actually having this discussion. If he’s available then for fuck sake sign him up.

50. goonster

June 8, 2014 at 1:03pm

Adamant

51. Adam

June 8, 2014 at 1:04pm

Goonster.

June 8, 2014 at 1:07pm

Now now goonie :)

53. goonster

June 8, 2014 at 1:07pm

What’s new adam? Heard you had a tea party last night. So how was it? Did you have any “spotted dick” :grin:

June 8, 2014 at 1:09pm

Adam. Maybe I should have just googled him…. ;)

55. Adam

June 8, 2014 at 1:10pm

Stan. No, I had sushi, then a spicy burger followed by some strawberries. It was all rather nice despite the whole thing ending I a massive and extremely brutal fight between the guests.

56. goonster

June 8, 2014 at 1:10pm

Hey rico anyone that picks on you picks on the goonster calvary. And trust me there’s more where that comes from. You hear me “anus”

57. Adam

June 8, 2014 at 1:11pm

Rico. :)

58. goonster

June 8, 2014 at 1:11pm

Hahahahhaahahahahahahahahhahah guests fighting over sushi. Who knew. Hahahahahahhaha. Adam you ll be the death of me.

59. Adam

June 8, 2014 at 1:12pm

I was shocked too Stan.

60. goonster

June 8, 2014 at 1:14pm

Stop it adam i swear I ll kill u if you make me pee in my pants in the presence of my inlaws

61. southyorkshiregunner

June 8, 2014 at 1:15pm

frednerk says:
    June 8, 2014 at 12:56 pm

I remember the ‘Song-thing’ well, Fred. Like Benteke, he was/is a whore.

Experience tells you loads of things, one of which is – and as Goonster could probably tell you – “If you catch crabs – you never fish there again.”

Unless you’re stupid that is ……

…. And then you go back to Auxerre and bring back another cripple that when he’s actually fit resembles either a predatory stalker or Bambi on ice…

June 8, 2014 at 1:16pm

Seriously Adam, a fight?

63. goonster

June 8, 2014 at 1:18pm

Gee SYG crabs??? Really??? That’s WATH’s territory. Am a blonde Adonis. We don’t contract “crabs”.

64. goonster

June 8, 2014 at 1:20pm

We give it :grin:

June 8, 2014 at 1:21pm

I feel so much better knowing that goonster… ;)

66. goonster

June 8, 2014 at 1:24pm

Rico :grin:

67. Adam

June 8, 2014 at 1:27pm

It was shocking Rico. How such terrible things can start from the most innocent of comments that is perceived as an insult to women inebriated on Proseco. Someone mentioned that the sweet ginger was not to her liking and a rather large woman said that it was in fact pickled ginger. Some pushing and shoving ensued and I tried to break it up but the large woman pinned me against a gazebo leg with her copious rear end and all hell let loose. There were bottles and plates flying and then someone produced a machete. This made things worse as limbs were being hacked at with no regard for personal safety. I pulled out an Uzi but was wrestled to the ground and struck with a side of smoked salmon. The whole thing was sickeningly ugly quite frankly.

68. Canadian Gooner

June 8, 2014 at 1:27pm

Again, too much information from the Goonster.

69. tsgh

June 8, 2014 at 1:28pm

Lol Syg… another of your classics…
    Arteta is not African and I rate him…lol
    Gerv is just misunderstood.
    Afternoon,Rico,Syg,Wath,Cg et al

70. goonster

June 8, 2014 at 1:28pm

CG you ll be alright :grin:

71. Wath

June 8, 2014 at 1:29pm

Hark at the dutch yank….. your way past crabs your onto prawns….!!

72. goonster

June 8, 2014 at 1:30pm

Hahahahahahhaha omg adam you tell the worst porkies ever. A machete at a tea party??? What’s next an RPG in a wedding ceremony??

73. tsgh

June 8, 2014 at 1:31pm

Syg,Balo is Ghanaian too you know…

74. goonster

June 8, 2014 at 1:32pm

Hiya WATH….how’s the itching and is iy still oozing? :grin:

June 8, 2014 at 1:33pm

Gilbert Harding, star of “what’s my line?” Along with Lady Isabel Barnett and two others. It was a panel game where the ‘ celebrities had to guess the common peoples’ jobs from as crawly cartoon that they drew when they were ‘on’! Marvellous tv and old pock faced Gilbert was one of the captains. I can see them now! Oh what fun we had!!
    Balotelli? Not on your nelly!

June 8, 2014 at 1:36pm

So just kidding then Adam.. ;)

77. frednerk

June 8, 2014 at 1:37pm

Crabs,Prawns,Smoked Salmon wish I still lived in whitechapel,a bowl of Eels at Tubbys/Barneys..Dream Land.

78. Adam

June 8, 2014 at 1:39pm

To answer that honestly Rico could incriminate me for any judicial proceedings that might result from yesterday.

79. Adam

June 8, 2014 at 1:40pm

Fred. Has Tubby Isaac’s gone now do you know?

80. Canadian Gooner

June 8, 2014 at 1:40pm

Yes Stan, I’ll survive. Fortunately I have avoided any exposure to mechanized dandruff.

81. goonster

June 8, 2014 at 1:41pm

Mechanized dandruff??? What’s that??

82. southyorkshiregunner

June 8, 2014 at 1:42pm

tsgh says:
    June 8, 2014 at 1:31 pm

He’s also good – Ginge.

I have no problem with good. Good is good.

83. southyorkshiregunner

June 8, 2014 at 1:43pm

tsgh says:
    June 8, 2014 at 1:31 pm

How are you kidda anyway?

June 8, 2014 at 1:44pm

Afternoon Ts..

Adam. :)

Have to nip off for an hour, catch up later…

85. frednerk

June 8, 2014 at 1:44pm

We used to go in that pub on the corner after the home games a couple of seasons ago,Tubbys was there then.
    you may be right adam.

June 8, 2014 at 1:47pm

Sounds like my kinda party Adam… :-D

87. Adam

June 8, 2014 at 1:48pm

I seldom get that way now Fred though I did walk past with brudder Lee after a Tayyabs dinner a while back. If it was there it wasn’t open

88. Wath

June 8, 2014 at 1:48pm

Fred, Barneys is a seafood lovers haven…

Stan fortunately I am fine but if I ever need advice on any of those ailments I know I can ask you…!

89. Adam

June 8, 2014 at 1:49pm

Kev. You would have loved it. The penne was an odd recipe, but delicious.

June 8, 2014 at 1:50pm

Tubby Isaacs went well over 10 years ago…
    Blooms has long gone as well…

There’s hardly any Jewish influence around Whitchapel anymore.

91. frednerk

June 8, 2014 at 1:55pm

Kev I could name um all mate,
    The one I loved the most..Had this slogan
    Don’t Be Sorry Bet With Morrie
    Morrie Isreal the Bookie.

June 8, 2014 at 1:55pm

Balo,Remy,Griezmann,Khedira/Bender, Aurier plus a back up keeper? We can afford that lot and that would make us real contenders!

93. dublingunner

June 8, 2014 at 1:57pm

hi all havn,t posted in a while not much to say that hasnt all ready been said.If you cast your mind back to last year. wenger was willing to sign suarez even after the biting incident and he,s ban.Then, suarez was considered a huge gamble. and look what happened 31 goals and player of the year. My point is balotelli is a huge gamble but a gamble worth taking, and wenger may know that.

June 8, 2014 at 1:57pm

Tubby’s been gone for years…

95. Adam

June 8, 2014 at 2:00pm

Nothing like a really good salt beef sandwich, with a wally of course.

June 8, 2014 at 2:00pm

I’d still like Di Maria but he’d be Ozil money I reckon now.

97. Adam

June 8, 2014 at 2:01pm

What can Di Maria provide that Umbongo can’t though Lee? At a fraction of the money too.

June 8, 2014 at 2:01pm

Fred there’s still the two bagel bakers at the top of Brick Lane…

You can get a fantastic salt-beef+mustard bagel up there…
    Hmm, I could eat one now…

June 8, 2014 at 2:03pm

Adam, you gave me penne when I last visited didn’t you?

It was delicious as well…

June 8, 2014 at 2:03pm

Umbongo’s signed for Barca unfortunately! SYG is devastated….

June 8, 2014 at 2:04pm

Hi Lee, sunny and hot in London.

Peroni weather out your way?

102. Adam

June 8, 2014 at 2:04pm

There was a little salt beef bar for a while at the top of Whitehorse Lane that was good. These days I go to the Shalom bakery at Gants Hill.

June 8, 2014 at 2:05pm

As too am I…

June 8, 2014 at 2:07pm

I’m currently drinking a bottle of 1664….ahead of making a salade nicoise for the family.

105. tsgh

June 8, 2014 at 2:09pm

Not bad at all Syg… and you?

As I saw lay off Eboue and co.. next time you might be wrestling with some loose African viper in Cyprus… :-)

106. frednerk

June 8, 2014 at 2:09pm

Sorry last one,
    Shop/Deli in Jubilee Street called Morrie Clappers,
    He had a big wooden barrel full up with Gerkins,when you asked for a gerkin he would put on this big black glove that went up to his armpit and pull one out for you…Those were the days
    I loved the jews and the food.

107. Wath

June 8, 2014 at 2:15pm

Adam is that Shalom bakery what used to be Sharons…?

108. tsgh

June 8, 2014 at 2:16pm

Puma’s biggest players could all be with us .. Balo’. C and Reus…
    I am very disappointed with Reus’s injury but still…

109. Adam

June 8, 2014 at 2:18pm

Fred. Was that near the Jewish butchers where you could buy Kosher chickens?
    Brudder that sounds nice. I have a lovely bottle of white that would go well with that.

110. Adam

June 8, 2014 at 2:20pm

Wath. The one near the roundabout on the way back into town. It probably is. They cook the best cholla bread I have ever had. I was up there earlier for some onion Platzels fresh out the oven.

111. Wath

June 8, 2014 at 2:27pm

Sharons was going down towards Valentines park so no it’s not the old Sharons but now I know the one your on about…! Their chopped liver is also top notch…!

Lee, don’t pour the lager on your salad..!

112. tsgh

June 8, 2014 at 2:30pm

Wath, my father in-law a Cohen swears by Golan Bakery… same patch in Ilford… best sugar free cakes I have had in my life…

113. Wath

June 8, 2014 at 2:35pm

Ts…. what a waste mate, a cake isn’t a cake if it’s got no sugar in :D

Have a sweet tooth so I can’t be doing that sugar free stuff how ever good they are it’s just not the same.

114. Adam

June 8, 2014 at 2:39pm

Golan is just round the corner in Cranbrook Road. I must try it. As with the east end, the Jewish influence is fading around there.

115. tsgh

June 8, 2014 at 2:40pm

So true… you know me free food taste even better so I won’t turn it down… lol

Ah you know it Adam?

116. Adam

June 8, 2014 at 2:47pm

TS. I drive past it occasionally but, as with a lot of these places, it’s the parking that dictates things. Most days I can park the old Reliant outside Shalom. Early on a Sunday morning is the best, just as the breads come out of the oven and the smell is lovely. You can watch them boiling the Bagels before cooking too and there is a whole Deli area where they sell all those Jewish things like roll mops, fish balls, chopped liver and onion salads. A smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel made fresh is a nice treat. But I shall try to get hold of an intriguing sugar-free cake for the next time Kev drops by and report.

117. tsgh

June 8, 2014 at 2:54pm

lol… let me know what you think when you try it… Gant hill is always busy

It a strange one about the diminishing Jewish influence…
    I guess with a lot of inter-marriages it is has become very complex… like my boy is half-Jewish but he will be called black African;

I have a friend who is called King and I didn’t know he was half Jewish until his grandfather’s funeral so…

June 8, 2014 at 2:54pm

Just had a lovely doorstep of fruitcake Adam…

Sadly, for my waistline, not sugar free.
    But delicious….

Fred, gotta say that I haven’t seen Tubby Isaacs stall for years…
    He used to be on a turning off of Whitechapel High St…
    So really suprised he only closed down last year?!

119. tsgh

June 8, 2014 at 2:55pm

3 wheelers get a free pass on double red lines… :P

June 8, 2014 at 2:56pm

There’s a brilliant Jewish bakers on the Finchley Road, just before you hit the North Circular

121. Adam

June 8, 2014 at 3:00pm

The East End has long been a melting pot for immigrant culture. Huguenots, Irish, Jews and latterly Asians have all come and left their mark. I had a mate who bought an old Jewish house in Spitalfields years ago now. It had a synagogue in the basement. When he took me to the top floor and pulled back an enormous solid oak floorboard there were piles of thin shards of silk still there, having slid through the gaps, from when Huguenots, who were silk workers, had the house, probably in the mid to late 1800’s. The whole place was like a time machine and nothing had been done in there for decades. It was absolutely amazing.

June 8, 2014 at 3:09pm

Had a nice suprise yesterday…

Had thought that Cookes pie n mash shop in Broadway Market had closed…
    But it’s still there.

Praise The Lord…. ;-)

123. Wath

June 8, 2014 at 3:17pm

That’s it Kev… Gloat about pie n mash…….!

June 8, 2014 at 3:31pm

Afternoon all….

June 8, 2014 at 3:32pm

Food of kings!

June 8, 2014 at 3:33pm

He kind of asked for it tbh Rico…. ;)

127. Canadian Gooner

June 8, 2014 at 3:37pm

Rico – You’re just back in time, the natives are getting restless.

128. Wath

June 8, 2014 at 3:42pm

With lots of liquor of course Lee….!

I could of called him far worse Rico with such an antagonizing comment

June 8, 2014 at 3:44pm

:) Cg, blame the transfer window…

You obviously love pie and mash then Wath.. ;)

130. Wath

June 8, 2014 at 3:46pm

Dbl pie n mash Rico :D

Nothing like it…. Manzies down Walthamstow market is still good as well…!

131. Adam

June 8, 2014 at 3:51pm

Wath. The best one I have had is in Robin’s in Wanstead High St. She’s got a few shops and this one is quite new but I think it’s a cut above most.

132. Adam

June 8, 2014 at 3:51pm

Is there still one in Chapel Market at the Angel?

June 8, 2014 at 3:58pm

Don’t know all the fuss is about pie and mash myself Wath, give me honey roasted carrots any day of the week..

Or haloumi bbq’d of course…. ;)

134. Wath

June 8, 2014 at 4:01pm

Last time I looked Adam yep the Chapel Market one was still there…
    There a couple in Romford as well that are decent.

Robins… Will have to try that one…………. ;-)

135. Wath

June 8, 2014 at 4:01pm

No one asked for your opinion on this subject Rico… you stick to grilling those chickens…… :P

June 8, 2014 at 4:24pm

You’ll get a slap for that Wath, next time I see you…. ;)

137. Wath

June 8, 2014 at 4:36pm

You’ll of forgotten by then seeing as you getting a bit senile and all…….. ;-)

138. ephson

June 8, 2014 at 4:38pm

all we need is a striker who will be a threat in the 18 yard, defenders and keepers as well. forget about his attitude. every team has it own tradition and i hope wenger and his team mates will calm him. i promise you with super mario and remy in our current squad, we will lift the comunuty shield, epl, fa cup, ecl this season.

June 8, 2014 at 4:42pm

Double slap !!! :P

June 8, 2014 at 4:58pm

ephson, I think it would take more than that to win what you are suggesting.

How about a midfield beast, a winger, a right back and a keeper for starters…..

141. Joaquim Moreira

June 8, 2014 at 5:34pm

any more transfer news?

June 8, 2014 at 5:43pm

Not really Jm..

143. Gonerjoe

June 8, 2014 at 6:05pm

What do we need a right back for we have Jenkinson also we have Diaby as are midfield beast when his not on crouches :).
    Walcott, Ox and Gnarby(spelling) will fit the bill for wingers.
    I say bring back Cesc and a couple of strikers I’d love Balotelli including all he’s baggage. Just in case buy Remy or Vela for back up.

June 8, 2014 at 6:21pm

joe, imo we need a back up for Jenkinson.

Diaby, well I know you had your tongue firmly in your cheek ;)

Vela has to be a must surely, or use him as a way to get Griezmann for a sensible price.

145. Gonerjoe

June 8, 2014 at 6:37pm

It’s got to be Vela can play up front and on the wings if he does not work we can sell him for big profit.

June 8, 2014 at 6:55pm

I’d have thought so too…

June 8, 2014 at 7:54pm

All very quiet here so night all…

Catch up tomorrow…

June 8, 2014 at 8:02pm

For those who love the fun side of football here in the Uk, ITV has Soccer Aid right now. It’s good… ;)

149. Joaquim Moreira

June 8, 2014 at 9:41pm

80th minutes. France 7 Jamaica 0
    we see in the world cup

150. Hell Raising Devil

June 8, 2014 at 10:35pm

Good Night Chappies and Lasses.

Back from the last part of the football marathon in aid of children who have cancer. Up till the time I left (an hour before the end) the total sum that our country has collected is that of 1.3million euro. I had a shift of 3 games in five hours play. Each game was of 50 mins.

I am knackered and cannot feel my quads. But happy that I gave a small part for the benefit of these children who need all the help they can get.

Now off to bed.

see you tomorrow my friends….if I manage to drag myself out of bed that is.

151. Scott From Oz

June 9, 2014 at 3:43am

I’ve had a coupe of relaxing days fishing…..just in case you missed me :)
    Any signings yet?

152. Adam

June 9, 2014 at 8:44am

I missed you Scott but unfortunately nobody else did. :)

Morning Rico and all.

153. Hell Raising Devil

June 9, 2014 at 8:54am

Good Morning Chappies and lasses.

I feel very sore this morning.

Morning Scott and Adam.

How’s things?

154. potter

June 9, 2014 at 8:55am

Devil :-Hot bath , a few stretches and back to bed.

155. Hell Raising Devil

June 9, 2014 at 8:57am

a massage would be better Potter.

Morning mate.

June 9, 2014 at 9:01am

Morning Adam, Scott, Devil, Potter and all…

Well done Devil, those aches and pains are all in a very good cause…

157. Hell Raising Devil

June 9, 2014 at 9:11am

Morning Lady.

Tks.

…….and I wish I could do it all over again.

June 9, 2014 at 9:22am

We signed anyone? Umbongo’s move to Barcalona has hit a snag…he wanted a small island near “Sao Tome and Principe” off of the coast of Gabon but Barca officials have been unsuccessful in arranging it!

June 9, 2014 at 9:24am

Only Arsene Lee…

June 9, 2014 at 9:26am

Will he be up front avec le quiff?

June 9, 2014 at 9:36am

He’s a forward but I suspect he’ll play right-back….

June 9, 2014 at 9:36am

Like the new Avatar by the way….

163. tsgh-The Hidden Hand

June 9, 2014 at 9:41am

Good morning Rico and all…

Evening Scott… how was whale fishing or is it crabs as Syg will say?

OG12 and Benzema linked up quite well yesterday playing for Le Bleus…

June 9, 2014 at 9:42am

Morning Ts.

June 9, 2014 at 9:45am

Thanks……was bored the other day.

166. Adam

June 9, 2014 at 9:45am

Morning brudder. I am in Waitrose with a bakewell tart and an elderflower cordial.

June 9, 2014 at 9:48am

Was looking at another site over the weekend and was shocked by the fucktards that pretend to be Arsenal supporters. All they do is play “football manager” and spout bollocks….really quite embarrassing!!

June 9, 2014 at 9:49am

Good way to start the day Brudder!

June 9, 2014 at 9:53am

Very nice Adam…

:) Lee, that really has made me laugh, shame it’s so true…

June 9, 2014 at 9:54am

Elderflower is good for grogginess isn’t it??

171. ozgunner

June 9, 2014 at 9:54am

hello all – so then considering Wenger has been working on these transfers every day, i think was his terminology, since prior to the FA Cup, who we signed!! :-)

June 9, 2014 at 9:55am