Three more points needed today, for No 7….

Quick word on todays opponent QPR:

1. It’s four points from a possible 21 for Mark Hughes’ men.
  2. QPR’s 1-0 win over Chelsea represents their only win in five London Premier League derbies this term.
  3. The R’s are without a clean sheet in 21 Premier League matches. They have conceded 39 goals since then, including seven in their last three games.
  4. QPR have received a league-high six red cards this season.

We need to make sure we are not the second team in London to lose to Hughes’ thugs today, we have to take three points!

Today means more than just three point’s, it’s about remembering David ‘Rocky’ Rocastle…

Thumbs up to you too Rocky.....

Our old No7, David ‘Rocky’ Rocastle, lost his battle against non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma eleven years ago today, aged just 33 years old!!

Despite the number of years that have passed, Arsenal fans young and old still miss him today….

After leaving school 1983, Rocky Arsenal Football Club as an apprentice spending two years in the youth team. Just prior to the beginning of 1985/86 season he signed his first professional contract. Then, just nine years later Arsenal decided to sell Rocky  to Leeds United for £2 Million.

He cried, he cried his heart out knowing that he would no longer be part of the club he loved and cared for so much! How many players in today’s game would feel that way?

He didn’t want to leave Arsenal Football Club, not one bit and I doubt there was any Gooner who wanted him to leave either….

The team must turn up today and do Rocky’s memory proud, fight with the fight he had as a player, give what that man used to give for the club he loved and play with the pride in the Arsenal shirt that Rocky had every time he pulled his on.

That’s all we ask today, do so and three points will travel the short journey home to the Emirates and we’ll remain third in the Premier League, regardless of what else happens this weekend.

Do it for Rocky, Do it just for Rocky!

403 thoughts on “Three more points needed today, for No 7….

1. ArsenalDK

March 31, 2012 at 9:37am

Good morning everyone! We will do it for Rocky indeed. QPR 0 – 3 The Arsenal!

March 31, 2012 at 9:40am

Morning all…

Do Rocky proud guys…..

3. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 9:43am

Buongiorno tutti!

We better win today for Rocky. No sub-standard performances allowed from anyone

March 31, 2012 at 9:49am

Morning rocky, spot on….

March 31, 2012 at 9:50am

Scott says:

Hey guys,I’ve just had a thought,and wanted to celebrate.
    Here it is…tell me what you think.
    I’m not impressed with players leaving on a Bosman,so have thought if a possible deterrent.
    Here’s an example.
    Sign a player on a 4 year contract.
    The first 3 years,he gets 70,000 a week.
    The last year,it drops to 35,000 a week.
    What does this achieve??
    Well,a player is less likely to dither around over a contract extension,for starters.
    He’s also much,much more likely to accept the inevitable after three years,rather than wate everyone’s time in that last season,and accept a transfer.
    Obviously there are a lot more factors to weigh up,but at least it would give the clubs some negotiating power back.
    I haven’t spent hours thinking about this,so give me any feedback you like,positive or negative.

6. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 9:51am

Morning Rico. How’s you?

7. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 9:51am

Morning guys and girls.
    Rocky,I hope you’ve had a feed….you get a little testy when hungry lol.
    Yes,its an historical day for the Arsenal,and one of her favourite sons.
    Fuck cancer…..sorry guys.
    Dad is awaiting biopsy results as we speak…..bastard of a thing…..its looking reasonably good though.
    Ok,that rant is over.
    Onwards and upwards.
    Rico,If you think its worthwhile,I will ask you to bring my post over if possible….I’m on a phon
    e and can’t do it.
    Go my boys……9-1 today.
    They need to taken back a peg or two though…..some are starting to think they’re Messi!!!

March 31, 2012 at 9:53am

Good thanks rocky, will be better if we get three points today though ;)

All well with you?

9. Carpe diem...

March 31, 2012 at 9:55am

Brilliant idea! Almost everyone plays for money nowadays (though i’m sure some lawyer somewhere will find a way ’round it). Problem is players are already too powerful, they’ll just go on strike…

March 31, 2012 at 9:55am

Morning Scott,

Really sorry to hear that about your Dad, just hope the results bring good news for you and your family….

Have posted the one on the bosman…

11. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 9:56am

You know what, Scott’s idea isn’t the worst idea I’ve heard about this. Players certainly wouldn’t want that pay cut, so he’s right in saying they wouldn’t mess about running contracts down. Although the slimebag agents would no doubt find a way around this. When greed motivates you, you stop at nothing to line your pockets.

March 31, 2012 at 9:59am

Scott, that contract idea is very good, the money minded players wouldn’t want to half their wages, mind you, if they were planning on waiting for a move to Citeh, they’d soon make that money up ;)

Maybe it should be cut when there are two years left on a contract?

But, player/agent power wouldn’t agree to such terms i doubt….

March 31, 2012 at 10:00am

Morning Carpe diem..

14. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 10:01am

That’s their prerogative to strike. No play, no pay. Surely some wages is better than no wages…. And by striking, they are announcing to the world (and prospective nrw clubs) “if you buy me, you need to know I’m a moody fucker who will not play unless I get my own way”. Not the best of adverts. Didn’t work well for Tevez really.

15. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 10:02am

Rico,I’m not stressing about dad…..its very,very early.
    The players get together……why not the CEO’s,and make an unwritten rule to abide by it.

March 31, 2012 at 10:02am

Pay as you play, maybe thats the answer, at least we’d be better off with the amount of time our players spend in the sick room ;)

17. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 10:03am

We’ll get 3 points today rico, don’t sweat it!

I’m ok thanks. Tired though!!

March 31, 2012 at 10:04am

64.32% of those who voted yesterday believe that Theo Walcott is the best winger in the PL right now :)

March 31, 2012 at 10:06am

Glad to hear Scott…

Half of them don’t talk to eachother do they and the ones with rich suga daddies wouldn’t agree, they don’t care that it’s someone elses money they are spending/wasting…

rocky, not surprised you are tired, late friday night :(

I’m not confident about today….

20. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 10:12am

Hi Rico & crew

Hi Scott, best wishes for your dad

21. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 10:13am

Rico,pencil in three points,because we are simply better than QPR.
    Besides,ask AK……Arsenal have won every game when I’m online lol.
    I voted no on Theo.
    He’s not the best,but can be soon if he keeps improving.

March 31, 2012 at 10:14am

Hi alan..

I’ll wait until 5pm UK time Scott, they have a good squad of players, and they are now fighting for PL survival….

23. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 10:16am

What about contracts. We could use the method used by Oz billionaire Kerry Packer, deceased, owner of TV & publishing

When 1 day cricket started and Packer was organizing it, former Oz test Captain Ian Chappell was wanted by packer as Captain. Chappell said ” I think by brother Trevor should be captain. Packer said ” what do you think this is, a fucking democracy”?

Well, that settled the matter. Everyone new who was boss. Perhaps this method can be used against players and agents re contracts.. ” sign or sod off”

Just a thought

24. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 10:17am

yes Mr Packer did use the “F” word

25. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 10:17am

64.32% are clearly deluded rico…..!! Only kidding!

26. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 10:17am

Rico,I know…just trying to stay positive….as I always say lol.
    Evening Alan…a long night ahead mate!!!!

27. khriezogooner

March 31, 2012 at 10:18am

4-0 arsenal
    up gunners!!!

28. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 10:19am

Indeed Scott

March 31, 2012 at 10:19am

Morning all,
    I remember being in the Gunners pub before the game at Highbury when the news broke about Rockys death, we all raised our pints and sung his name loud and proud, gone but never forgotten, I wouldn’t have guessed it was 11 years ago.
    I’m going for a 3-1 win today, c’mon Arsenal.

30. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 10:21am

Alan,I’m in 100% agreement with you,but the CEO’s need to stay true for it to work.
    The silly thing is its a no braoner.
    Implement it,stay true to it,and every club will be better off.
    You’re only as strong as your weakest link though.

31. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 10:22am

Morning alan. I agree. Too much player power these days? Why do they have more power than a manager?

I know Rico. Dinner at 22.50 in the end!! Nice!

Right all, I’m off to Enfield to buy some fish. Ipod going on charge so I can listen to the game on Absolute Radio. Laptop’s fully charged, so I’ll see you all at game time! COYG!!

32. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 10:23am

we are overdue for our annual toward end of season collapse. So I worry

33. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 10:23am

Hi / bye Micko!

34. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 10:25am

Alan,we are a different side to the last few seasons.
    All the crap we’ve been through has strengthened this group.

March 31, 2012 at 10:27am

:lol: alan re Mr Packer…

Morning Micko, don’t know where the years have gone….

Have a good day rocky, you have chosen the ‘best’ way to catch your fish… ;)

March 31, 2012 at 10:29am

We have already had two collapses alan, we can’t have another :(

Wonder if Wenger will risk Kos today??

37. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 10:29am

Hi Rocky. I guess it’s because the players are the draw card and the agents know it. From what I understand these agents are sharks

Scott, Packer always had good management under him, plus he was a hands on type of guy

It is true though you do need a good CEO

March 31, 2012 at 10:30am

Catch you for the mauling rocky, my only concern for today is Djourou in the centre of defence if he starts ahead of kozzer that is.

March 31, 2012 at 10:32am

Kos is 90% to start said Wenger but do we risk him, knowing that one more booking and he’s out for the next two games?

40. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 10:35am

Like the fish In England,I’m not biting Rico lol.

March 31, 2012 at 10:36am

:lol: Scott…..

Anyone reckon Chavs will drop points against Villa today??

42. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 10:47am

They will drop three Rico.

March 31, 2012 at 10:48am

Villa could step thier game up after last weekend and with the sad news about Petrov… you could be right Scott…

44. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 10:49am

Agreed.

March 31, 2012 at 10:51am

Mike Dean is the referee today….

Deep joy!!

March 31, 2012 at 10:51am

If kozzer is fit, I’d start with him, go with our strongest team, can’t see chelsea slipping up, villa have been terrible at home all season, who have the spuds got today ?

March 31, 2012 at 10:52am

Morning Housers, nursing a small hangover! Came on her last night but wasn’t really in a fit state to type BUT found the banter hilarious!! Was it saffron/ turmeric that made you horny or shit through the eye of a needle!?!?! :lol:
    On a serious note, Scott I’ve got everything crossed for you dad mate!! Your right, it is a fucking terrible disease!! You wouldn’t wish it on your worst enemy.
    The boys gotta keep the momentum up today, especially Rocky!!!
    Great post btw……

March 31, 2012 at 10:54am

Swansea at home, Micko!

March 31, 2012 at 10:54am

Swansea at home for the totts…

March 31, 2012 at 10:55am

*especially for Rocky* should read!

March 31, 2012 at 10:56am

Rocky/Adam, I’m trying to blag a day on the sofa but my wife hates it if I’m looking comfortable doing jack shit! ;)

March 31, 2012 at 10:57am

Morning Lee, you still struggling to type, would you like me to amend your second sentence, although it reads very funny :P :P

March 31, 2012 at 10:58am

Be nice if the yids & chavs drop points today…..

March 31, 2012 at 11:00am

What sentence?

March 31, 2012 at 11:00am

Wouldn’t it just Lee…

Dirty Arry reckons Modric is distracted with all the Citeh rumours about him….

March 31, 2012 at 11:01am

10.52

‘Came on her last night but wasn’t really in a fit state to type’

:lol:

March 31, 2012 at 11:02am

Got it and that definitely didn’t happen, I’m firmly in the dog house!! My wife is picking my boys up from football practice, one of my regular Saturday chores!! ;)

58. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 11:03am

Thanks Lee,and everyone else.
    The manager of my sons side has just been put on the liver transplant list……its surrounding me!!!!

March 31, 2012 at 11:04am

Did you lose a bit of time last night lee ?

March 31, 2012 at 11:04am

Oops Lee, you are in for a tough day…. ;)

March 31, 2012 at 11:05am

My daughter in sound asleep on one sofa and I’m sprawled out on the other and it’s silent…..beautiful, it’ll be all over when handbrake turns up with my sons!! :(

March 31, 2012 at 11:07am

I blew the froth off a couple and rounded the evening off with a brace of pints of Aspalls!! That was the error, methinks!

March 31, 2012 at 11:11am

Right, I’m off out to watch a bit of Gaelic football, catch you all for the game later, no need to get up lee, I’ll close the door behind me.

64. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 11:11am

” handbrake” LOL

March 31, 2012 at 11:12am

Your wife will no doubt want to go shopping later, 2.55pm, wait for the call to go with her Lee… Payback time ;)

March 31, 2012 at 11:12am

:lol: Micko, catch you later…

67. Carpe diem...

March 31, 2012 at 11:12am

Dealing with cancer is like shooting in the dark…there’s a lot of friendly fire out there…poison the patient hoping to kill the cancer first.
    I really hope Barton injures himself early, better still gets sent off. is it impossible to place lifetime bans on such murderous players? will make the game much cleaner.

P.S. Forgive my manners; Good Morning everyone!

March 31, 2012 at 11:14am

Cd, i just hope our players keep their heads, Barton is a weasel and will no doubt be trying to wind them up…

69. W.A.T.H

March 31, 2012 at 11:16am

Morning all……

A very special day in the calendar for all true Arsenal fans…..

I get pretty choked up thinking about Rocky, always have always will.

It was a privilege and an honour to see Rocky in an Arsenal shirt….

He epitomized everything we look for in a player that plays for “our” club, he had passion commitment attitude and boy did he have skill but over and above that he loved the club like we do he was genuinely one of “us”

RIP Rocky, never ever forgotten and always in our hearts….!

Thoughts out to you as well today Scott in OZ, hope all positive for your dad mate… It’s a CNUT of a disease….! End of…!

March 31, 2012 at 11:17am

Morning Wath…..

Well said, on both accounts…

71. W.A.T.H

March 31, 2012 at 11:20am

Lee, get off the couch you lazy piss-head….!.. :D

March 31, 2012 at 11:21am

Morning WATH, well said on both counts mate!
    The bit about Rocky crying when he was sold by us always brings a lump in my throat!!!! What a man he was!!!!! Where the fuck did those 11yrs go, eh?

March 31, 2012 at 11:24am

The enemy will be back with my sons soon so that’ll be the end of that…..:(
    If you like a good laugh, there’s a bloke called Micky Flannagan he’s got a DVD out and it is very very funny, worth a gander!!!!

74. Merlin96

March 31, 2012 at 11:24am

I am worried as we are facing a thuggish team and Hughes will play negative football to snatch a point…plus Dean is the ref that offered no protection for Arsenal players.

First 7 games = 07 points out of 21 points;
    Next 8 games = 22 points out of 24 points;
    Next 7 games = 07 points out of 21 points;
    Next 8 games = 22 points out of 24 points;
    Next 8 games = ?? points out of 24 points.

‘Statistic, more statistics, and damned lies”

Somebody posted that we are overdued for our “end-of-season” collapse…..hope not….

Let’s hope it is a repeat of 1997/98 season home-run winning 13 consecutive league games…..

Fingers crossed and hope we score 2 goals within 20-minutes and 3-0 up by half-time……

75. W.A.T.H

March 31, 2012 at 11:25am

Lee, it’s the only time i’ll ever hold my hands up and say respect to the yids…. the fact they were top notch during the minutes silence that day for Rocky….! How fitting our very own No7 that day scored the winner…!.

A very good mate of mine knows the family really well, Melissa is the image of Rocky it’s quite scary…! When we lost to the dippers in Cardiff, Ryan was mascot that day and after the match told my friend “I wasn’t a very good or lucky mascot was I…?” Made the loss far worse for me thinking that poor kid said that…! Gutted or what…!

76. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 11:26am

Evening Wath.
    It certainly doesnt discriminate…..

March 31, 2012 at 11:26am

Someone said in the pub last night that a Spanish newspaper (probably bollocks then…) mourinho is taking over at shiteh?!?!?

78. W.A.T.H

March 31, 2012 at 11:28am

There been whispers on SSN about it this morning as well Lee but if it was in a spanish paper then it’s def utter bollox….!

March 31, 2012 at 11:29am

Bloody hell WATH…….bless his boy!!!!

March 31, 2012 at 11:32am

Hi Merlin,

With Dean refing, anything could happen today….

Lee, how many players would cry if we sold them today, Frimpong maybe and that’s prob it….

March 31, 2012 at 11:32am

Odious little man……saying that I’ve always thought Hughes is a prick!!!

March 31, 2012 at 11:33am

Wath, that’s so sad about Ryan……

March 31, 2012 at 11:34am

Rico, it just shows you how football has changed in a short period of time!!! LJW might have a tear in his mince?

March 31, 2012 at 11:37am

Soccer am just showed TW’s goal against villa, cracking pass and a sublime finish! If that was a Barca goal the media would be all over it……

85. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 11:38am

Rico,I reckon you underestimate our lads.

March 31, 2012 at 11:39am

I recall Frimps saying he would crawl on hands and knees begging the club to keep him if they told him he had to go…

LJ, you could be right there and i forgot Jenks, now he’s signed for the team he loves, he’d be prtty gutted too…

Lee, too right, how things have changed, now it’s all £’s & €’s…..

Sometimes I wish Sky Sports was never founded….

March 31, 2012 at 11:41am

Just seen that free kick too Lee, no silly fouls just outside our area today, that’s for sure…

Hope Song is listening…..

Is it me or is Soccer AM rubbish these days…

March 31, 2012 at 11:42am

What is that ‘leave it’ song on now :eek:

March 31, 2012 at 11:42am

Oops, i was on about QPR’s free kick buy Tiawo (spelling)

:lol:

March 31, 2012 at 11:43am

I hardly ever see it as I’m normally standing on a touch line…. It’s pretty average tbh!!

March 31, 2012 at 11:44am

Leave it leave or get frimponged…..van persie something or other!?!? Weird shit…..

March 31, 2012 at 11:44am

I’m not so sure Scott…

Same old though Lee, if we score great goals, no-one cares, and how Theos goal wasn’t in goal of the week, goodness only knows, they did manage to sneak in Arteta’s free kick though….

March 31, 2012 at 11:45am

Rico, it’s like the Frimpong show!!!!!!

March 31, 2012 at 11:47am

Two metre peter’s must of won it?

March 31, 2012 at 11:47am

Used to always watch it when it first started with Lovejoy and Hells Bells but it’s past its sell by date imho… Oh yes, I forgot you are skiving ;)

March 31, 2012 at 11:47am

Morning Gooners.
    Morning Rico. Great post.
    A tight, close, narrow win today.
    Everything as usual i see.
    Lee in the dog house. Again. :-)

97. DutchGooner10

March 31, 2012 at 11:48am

Jambalaya fellow Gooners and friends,

Missed you all tremendously.

Scott such things seriously re-rank the outlook on life. I hope you and the family receive a bright beacon to steward strength and encouragement.

Off for a bit to catch up on last night’s banter. Back in a flash.

Go Rocking Rocky 7/11 send some spirit from heaven. COYG.

March 31, 2012 at 11:49am

Def weird, let’s get frimponged – good job he isn’t playing today, he’d end up getting a red for battering that little weasel Barton…

Two metres Peter did win it….. :)

Bloomin fluke if ever i saw one ;)

99. W.A.T.H

March 31, 2012 at 11:50am

Least Lee ain’t in the curry house……….. imagine that poor couch if he was….!

March 31, 2012 at 11:51am

Morning AK…

I’m hoping we batter them but, your thought could be nearer the mark…

Morning DG…

101. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 11:53am

Hello DG,and thanks.
    We may have a full crew tonight.

102. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 11:59am

My curry was just lovely for dinner,but I’m paying for it now.

March 31, 2012 at 12:00pm

Hi Wath. I’m forever in the dog house.
    Do i care???
    I just splash on a bit of essence of GG.

March 31, 2012 at 12:02pm

Thats not good Scott…

105. W.A.T.H

March 31, 2012 at 12:02pm

I knew you’d get into the GG scene before long AK…. bet it drives your Mrs wild…………….

Not in a good way I may add :D

106. DutchGooner10

March 31, 2012 at 12:03pm

Morning Rico. Fine read as always. My appreciation for your consistency day in day out never missing a beat on Arsenal grows by the week. Just wanted to note that.

107. W.A.T.H

March 31, 2012 at 12:03pm

Least you’ll keep the dingo’s away Scott ;-)

March 31, 2012 at 12:04pm

Too much turmeric Scott…?! :-)

March 31, 2012 at 12:05pm

Thanks DG ;)

Nice clip, but my tissues are out now….

March 31, 2012 at 12:05pm

Too much chilli by the sounds of it ;)

111. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 12:11pm

They’re all dead by now Wath.
    Way too much AK…..its worked a treat,too.
    Pity I’m home alone lol.

March 31, 2012 at 12:12pm

You got the picture Wath… :-)

Gotta say, that Mark Hughes is one of the most easily dislikable people in football. Up there with the appalling Clive Allen.

113. devilgunner

March 31, 2012 at 12:14pm

This still brings tears into my eyes.

March 31, 2012 at 12:14pm

Niccolò Galli (22 May 1983 — 10 February 2001) was a promising professional footballer who died in a road traffic accident aged 17.

115. devilgunner

March 31, 2012 at 12:15pm

Good morning Guys and Chicks of the Everincreasing Gunners’ Faith.

Sombre mood today. Like I felt every year for the last 11.

Hope he is there is spirit today. To see us win.

March 31, 2012 at 12:16pm

Listening to Tony Adams and Lee Dixon in the earlier clip…. Breaks hearts ….

March 31, 2012 at 12:17pm

Hi devil, this day is always sombre……

118. Andy Powers

March 31, 2012 at 12:19pm

RIP Rocky, gone but not forgotton, He was a true gentleman both off and on the pitch and epitomised what this club is all about, both then and now. COYG, a win today for a legend and the 3 points to keep us in front of our bitter North London rivals.

March 31, 2012 at 12:20pm

devil, the away fans will do him proud today…..

120. W.A.T.H

March 31, 2012 at 12:21pm

Dev, Rocky’s spirit is always watching matey…………..!

Scott, you dingo killer you……..!

121. DutchGooner10

March 31, 2012 at 12:24pm

You guys obviously never touched a Mexican Black Bean burrito. That stuff can make you go kite surfing on a skateboard. :P :P

Rico the frog almost got stuck on me when Adams raised his watery eyes.

122. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 12:26pm

Wath,I’m more worried about killing myself.
    All windows are open.
    Not long to go,fellow Gooners.
    I have my alarm set in case I doze off…..its been a looooong day.
    Time for a coffee???

123. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 12:28pm

Give us your tip for a score guys.
    3-1 for me.

124. DutchGooner10

March 31, 2012 at 12:37pm

A 4-1 for win, RvP scoring a brace. Theo penned for a cracker and TR07 to cream the deal.

125. W.A.T.H

March 31, 2012 at 12:38pm

4-1 for me Scott….. don’t light a match Scott FFS…………….

Strong black coffee for you and a fumigating machine…!

126. W.A.T.H

March 31, 2012 at 12:39pm

Great minds DG ;-)

127. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 12:40pm

Dutch,you’re leaving our sniper Vermaelen out????
    The boy Is in fire.

128. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 12:42pm

Wath,couldn’t find a match if I tried……..my eyes are bleeding!!!!

129. goonster

March 31, 2012 at 12:44pm

Did someone say 9:1??? Now that’s what Ǻ♍ talking about! Afternoon guys…

March 31, 2012 at 12:57pm

Too true Andy P…..

March 31, 2012 at 12:59pm

DG, i’d be surprised if Big Tony didn’t make every gooner’s frog catch….

132. devilgunner

March 31, 2012 at 1:00pm

Here is Goonie.

Long time no see mate.

We missed you.

hmmmmmmm 9-1. Now that would help in obliterating the 2-8 reversal.

So I am with Goonie on that. ;)

Scorers….Barton og, ball bumps into the ref and rolls in, a seagull dives and deviates the ball in, their goalkeeper transforms into MA and puts the ball into the net for a hat-trick of own goals, the ball is going out and suddenly a paranormal hand deviates it in, Theo scores 2 with diving headers.

133. devilgunner

March 31, 2012 at 1:01pm

134. DutchGooner10

March 31, 2012 at 1:01pm

Scott just found it appropriate on this day to hand the last goal to our nr7. And I voted yes on Theo yesterday so it would be duff to drop my faith in him a day later.

Verminator will rifle a shot in the face of Barton today. So hard they have to peel off the leather surgically.

Hola Goonster. 9-1 :)

March 31, 2012 at 1:02pm

Hi Goonster, any transfer tips for this summer ;) ;)

136. devilgunner

March 31, 2012 at 1:06pm

I think it will be 3-0. Theo, TR07, RVP.

March 31, 2012 at 1:06pm

devil, are you trying to break me today…..

March 31, 2012 at 1:10pm

Jeff Stelling talking about PL managers – ‘ The game would be worse off with Wenger not in it’

139. DutchGooner10

March 31, 2012 at 1:10pm

WATH indeed ;) I prefer great minds. Rico will say ‘dull minds seldom differ’. She got that dished by a classless fella.

140. devilgunner

March 31, 2012 at 1:12pm

No Rico. Not trying to do so. It is simply that he was one of the top three favourite players of all time….the others being Petit and Gilberto.

And its not only on the 31st of March that I re-run that vid. At least once a month maybe more.

With me its different because we share the same month for our birthday and we used to play in the same position for our respective teams. Thus it is easy for me to identify with him.

March 31, 2012 at 1:14pm

I know devil, but my tissue box is now nearly empty, having been full this morning ;)

DG ;)

142. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 1:19pm

with any luck, Man C will be given a lesson today along with Spurs & Chelsea

It’s possible

March 31, 2012 at 1:21pm

Goonster, hello mate! Please no more of those clips….so sad!!! A fitting result today for one of football’s true greats, please boys!!!!

144. W.A.T.H

March 31, 2012 at 1:24pm

Lee, can you get your emails at home..?

145. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 1:26pm

Petrove has acute Leukemia according to BBC. Diagnosed after game against us last week

146. devilgunner

March 31, 2012 at 1:28pm

Lee…..that’s me putting on those clips. Not Goonie.

March 31, 2012 at 1:28pm

Nope mate….Rico, can u please send WATH my home mail?

148. DutchGooner10

March 31, 2012 at 1:30pm

Devil George Graham gave a telling description of RR saying he looked much like a Brazilian footballer. Tend to agree.

149. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 1:32pm

That was a lovely tribute,so a big pat on the back to Aussie(whoever they may be) .
    33……its just too young.

March 31, 2012 at 1:36pm

I know Devil, my shite grammar!! They are sad…..but befitting a true great!!!

March 31, 2012 at 1:42pm

alan, i meant to mention Petrov this morning in the post, but…. forgot :(

March 31, 2012 at 1:43pm

Will do Lee..

I must start charging for this service :lol:

Anyone know what a 404 message is on a website?

153. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 1:43pm

Hi Rico.

That is not a good thing to get

154. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 1:44pm

The 404 or Not Found error message is a HTTP standard response code indicating that the client was able to communicate with the server, but the server could not find what was requested.

March 31, 2012 at 1:50pm

It’s annoying alan, I am trying to get the Highbury House web address verified but McAfee won’t do it as they say it’s returning an HTTP 2xx or 3xx status response code in the header of 404 pages.

What the heck all that means I don’t know…. :eek:

156. W.A.T.H

March 31, 2012 at 2:01pm

Pay for services rendered Rico………………… the mind boggles….!

;-)

157. W.A.T.H

March 31, 2012 at 2:05pm

Incoming Lee………….

March 31, 2012 at 2:08pm

Got it….

March 31, 2012 at 2:12pm

Cheeky Wath ;)

March 31, 2012 at 2:13pm

Bet Theo is gutted Traore isn’t playing today ;)

161. W.A.T.H

March 31, 2012 at 2:13pm

So b4 the team is announced who reckons wenger will risk Koz….??

162. devilgunner

March 31, 2012 at 2:14pm

Ipswich are celebrating 50 years since the last league title. A stand is being named after Sir Alf Ramsey’s achievements. Great day at Portman Road.”

When are the SWAMP DWELLERS FROM THE SCUMMY SLUM going to celebrate their last league win????

in 2036 when they would be 75 years old since their last league win???

March 31, 2012 at 2:15pm

Undefeated for the rest of the season!! Save koz for the tea towel wearers….

March 31, 2012 at 2:15pm

No Wath, I think JD will start…

165. devilgunner

March 31, 2012 at 2:15pm

He wil play today W.A.T.H. Kozzer is there.

166. W.A.T.H

March 31, 2012 at 2:15pm

They didnt celebrate the 50th last year Dev they kept it very quiet :D

167. W.A.T.H

March 31, 2012 at 2:16pm

#Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Song, Arteta, Rosicky, Gervinho, Walcott, RVP.

168. W.A.T.H

March 31, 2012 at 2:17pm

Thats a pretty decent starting 11… lets hope Barton does a cruciate trying to kick Gervinho…!

169. W.A.T.H

March 31, 2012 at 2:18pm

#Arsenal Subs: Fabianski, Djourou, Santos, Benayoun, Ramsey, Ox, Chamakh.

Bench aint bad but lacks a striker to come on and get a goal only Ox…..

March 31, 2012 at 2:20pm

Kos starts….

Team in full: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Song, Arteta, Rosicky, Ramsey, Walcott, Van Persie.

Substitutes: Fabianski, Djourou, Santos, Benayoun, Gervinho, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chamakh.

171. Billboy

March 31, 2012 at 2:21pm

Hi all,
    Been busy lately and just looking in quickly but the Rocky memories have been flooding back in more ways than one. An outstanding player and a true Arsenal legend. He will live on in our memories forever. Mrs has been in to see what was up with me.

172. W.A.T.H

March 31, 2012 at 2:21pm

Amended #Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Song, Arteta, Rosicky, Ramsey, Walcott, RVP.

Was surprised he started Gervinho….

March 31, 2012 at 2:21pm

Wath, don’t know where you got your team from ;) ;)

174. W.A.T.H

March 31, 2012 at 2:22pm

Amended #Arsenal #Arsenal Subs: Fabianski, Djourou, Santos, Benayoun, Gervinho, Ox, Chamakh.

Some twit on twitter lol…………. Don’t blame the messenger…! :P

March 31, 2012 at 2:22pm

Hi Billboy,

He sure will live on in our memories…..

March 31, 2012 at 2:23pm

:lol:

That’s it, pass the buck ….

177. W.A.T.H

March 31, 2012 at 2:27pm

I was not passing anything and your NOT getting any of my GG…!

March 31, 2012 at 2:28pm

Thanks DG, excuse the pun, but that will all be double dutch to me ;)

March 31, 2012 at 2:29pm

Good Wath, you know i don’t drink that old GG stuff..

Wonder if Lee has been dragged off out to the shops ;)

March 31, 2012 at 2:32pm

I wonder if it’s the same for footballers, do you think Diaby has to ring into work every Monday morning like the rest of us to say he won’t be coming into work again this week.

Just seen Petrov putting on a brave face at Villa Park, he has a long battle ahead of him, can’t imagine it.

March 31, 2012 at 2:32pm

What’s a ‘plugin’ ??

March 31, 2012 at 2:34pm

I bet he has a seasons sicknote Micko, only has to ring if he might return….

Sad re Petrov, can’t begin to imagine what he’s going through, one day playing Arsenal, the next…….

183. DutchGooner10

March 31, 2012 at 2:36pm

Rico I don’t know why you want to enlist HH. It doesn’t provide extra protection.

March 31, 2012 at 2:36pm

Might be an air freshner rico !

185. W.A.T.H

March 31, 2012 at 2:36pm

The only ring Diaby has is in his bottom……………..

I’ll leave now………….

March 31, 2012 at 2:37pm

I’m not sure i’ll bother now DG ;)

:lol: Micko…

187. W.A.T.H

March 31, 2012 at 2:38pm

Rico, Lee’s Mrs only taking him shopping at 2.59….! ;-)

188. DutchGooner10

March 31, 2012 at 2:41pm

Plugins are those modules in the sidebar Rico. You can easily switch them off, refresh HH and repeat the request with McAfee.

March 31, 2012 at 2:41pm

Just for you kev……….”If you sit in row z and the ball hits your head, that’s…..Zamora”

March 31, 2012 at 2:45pm

Wath, ha ha re Diaby’s ring ;)

Ah yes, few minutes to go before Lee has to leave….

Thanks DG, maybe when the sidebar gets refreshed in the summer, I’ll try again, thanks for your help and watch out for a few emails from me asking for more help in July ;) ;)

March 31, 2012 at 2:48pm

Hope you haven’t just jinxed him into scoring Micko…

192. DutchGooner10

March 31, 2012 at 2:50pm

No problem Rico, glad to return a favor. I think it’s a WordPress issue that their support service / administration has to fix anyway.

March 31, 2012 at 2:52pm

Boo!! Too soon gone, Rocky! :( But I bet our boys would do him proud today! :)

Lots of comments to catch up on…

194. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 2:54pm

Morning Agag.
    Finally,after a long,drawn out day,kick off is nigh.

March 31, 2012 at 2:56pm

I read the link DG, plenty of WP site owners have had probs, hopefully they will do something about it…

Hi agag and Scott – just in time guys ;)

March 31, 2012 at 2:58pm

Sky have just shown the fans at Villa and Petrov… tears everywhere….

March 31, 2012 at 2:58pm

Hello, rico, Micko, Dutch, WATH. :)

I know what you mean, Scott. I’m logging in too much time at work. :( Ick. I hope this is a game to enjoy!!

198. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 2:59pm

Ive been loitering Rico…sniffing around.
    How many of you are watching?

199. W.A.T.H

March 31, 2012 at 3:00pm

Cheers… here’s to Rocky and a convincing win…..!

March 31, 2012 at 3:00pm

Boo, rico. Howdy? I hope the chickies and veggies are well. ;)

That is just terrible news about Petrov. :( :(

201. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 3:02pm

Ramsey on the left….I love it.

March 31, 2012 at 3:03pm

Cheers to Rocky…..

203. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 3:03pm

Just opened them up,couldn’t quite get a cross in. Corner.

204. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 3:04pm

Second that Rico.

March 31, 2012 at 3:05pm

Pitch looks crap…

Little buggers keep getting out agag ;)

206. DutchGooner10

March 31, 2012 at 3:05pm

On the live text score Scott me.

Hiya Agag :) :)

207. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 3:07pm

QPR have earned two yellowed already,but none given.

March 31, 2012 at 3:09pm

Chavs 1-0 up

209. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 3:10pm

chelsea 1 up

March 31, 2012 at 3:11pm

That one on Theo was a def yellow Scott, didn’t see the other, stream crashed :(

Bugger – West Ham have scored…

211. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 3:11pm

QPR having a little spurt atm….defensive line holding well.

212. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 3:13pm

Mikel just kicked Barton in the face….lovely.

March 31, 2012 at 3:15pm

Nice one Arteta….

Come on Arsenal, settle down….

214. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 3:16pm

TV5 did the same to Zamora haha.

March 31, 2012 at 3:16pm

I gave my wife a damn good listening to and am back on the sofa…..all privileges have been suspended!!!

216. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 3:18pm

afternoon all!

Sorry Scott, only just seen your 9.51. Fingers crossed all’s well with your dad.

Had a great feed ta! You’re right, I’m terrible when hungry!!

March 31, 2012 at 3:19pm

:lol: Lee, that’s classic, ‘gave my wife a damn good listening to’

March 31, 2012 at 3:20pm

It’s true……

219. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 3:20pm

He’ll be right Rocky…..

March 31, 2012 at 3:20pm

How we doin????

221. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 3:22pm

One down…great goal.

222. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 3:22pm

shit Lee

March 31, 2012 at 3:23pm

Anyone know what time we’re turning up, it’s all one way traffic.

224. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 3:24pm

Though,after the replay,offside without question.

225. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 3:25pm

We are slown on the ball,and slow off the ball.

March 31, 2012 at 3:27pm

We look sooo off. Wake up, AFC! Hello, rocky, Micko, Lee!
    Hey, Dutch!

227. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 3:28pm

This arsehole in black is giving us nothing.

228. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 3:33pm

hi agag! We don’t really sound like we’re playing well. City are losing though…

229. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 3:34pm

Sunderland 1-0

230. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 3:35pm

here we go. Late season Gunner’s blues

231. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 3:35pm

We are very flat Rocky.

232. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 3:36pm

Give it a rest Alan.
    Bloody hell,we’ve been behind in four of our last five games.
    Say it at the end.

233. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 3:37pm

Theo!! Best winger in the prem!!

234. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 3:37pm

As I said,say that AFTER the game.
    1-1….lovely.

March 31, 2012 at 3:38pm

Yay!!

236. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 3:39pm

Haha! Alan, I love the way you are as pessimistic as me!! Athough I think Scott is righ in this instance! I think we had our woeful end of season slump at the beginning of the season this year. I’m not normally this optimistic about anything, so there must be something in it!

237. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 3:39pm

Nice strike by Aaron…just wide.

March 31, 2012 at 3:40pm

How do agag, nice one two with the post by theo don’t you think.
    Rvp to kill them off second half.

239. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 3:40pm

It’s the tumeric Rocky!!!!!

March 31, 2012 at 3:42pm

I agree with Alan, arsene out.

241. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 3:43pm

Haha!! Damn that turmeric!

242. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 3:43pm

Micko,I reckon.Ox will tear this mob up….he’s made for this game.

243. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 3:44pm

I hate City. Cheats.

244. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 3:47pm

We had the first five minutes,then the last ten of that half.
    You could drive a convoy of trucks through our midfield.

245. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 3:48pm

Sunderland got one back.

246. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 3:51pm

Bentner got it lol

247. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 3:52pm

thanks Micko. Taxi for Mr W

248. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 3:52pm

Sorry,half asleep….flicked over and saw a highlight lol.

249. DutchGooner10

March 31, 2012 at 3:52pm

Rocky these streams work. Some might ask to download just pick another turn of the sound though Russian jibberjabber.

March 31, 2012 at 3:53pm

Bloody stream crashed, then my laptop crashed :( :(

March 31, 2012 at 3:53pm

Scott, even a herd of buffalo.
    Dodgey half an hour, TV5 didn’t have a great half, was given the run-around but we’re back in it, they’re there for the taking.

252. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 3:54pm

I keep telling you all to move to Oz and watch every game live…..simple.

253. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 3:56pm

cheers dutch. I was watching one but it was about a minute behind my radio coverage. Going to use it for highlights!

March 31, 2012 at 4:04pm

Reading are 2-1 up :)

255. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 4:10pm

Rocky, yes I’m pessimistic, especially when I see them taking the ball backwards all the time.

256. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 4:12pm

know what you mean alan. Ramsey is the epitome of that at the mo.

March 31, 2012 at 4:13pm

Citeh losing…

258. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 4:15pm

3=1 Sunderland

March 31, 2012 at 4:15pm

Sunderland are 3-1 up :P

March 31, 2012 at 4:16pm

Nikki’s value is going up up up…. :)

261. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 4:17pm

indeed it is

262. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 4:17pm

And Citehs us dropping by the second lol.

March 31, 2012 at 4:19pm

We getting into the game now??

264. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 4:19pm

Shiity have replaced Silva. Maybe Tevez will come on

March 31, 2012 at 4:19pm

Reading 3-1 against West Ham :P

March 31, 2012 at 4:21pm

No idea Lee, my stream has crashed….

267. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 4:22pm

This ref really is a prick.
    Someone tell our guys to take the shot.
    Twenty yards out,nothing happening,hit it.

March 31, 2012 at 4:22pm

Come on guys, how we doing??

269. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 4:23pm

fuck

270. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 4:23pm

Goal to QPR…..not joking,players falling everywhere on this pitch.
    Just cost us the goal,though we keep mucking around with the ball.

271. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 4:23pm

2-1 qpr

272. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 4:24pm

why do no other teams defenders slip over at vital moments? I’m sick and tired of ours doing it.

March 31, 2012 at 4:24pm

TV5 is having a bad day at the office.

274. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 4:25pm

Balotelli and Tevez are arguing lol

March 31, 2012 at 4:25pm

Tut tut. We don’t seem interested in this… Why??

276. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 4:25pm

Get Ox and Gervinho on.

March 31, 2012 at 4:25pm

Bollox! 2-1 down

278. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 4:26pm

probably best to replace TV5

279. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 4:26pm

Rocky,you’d better watch a Liverpool game.

280. EastSidePaul

March 31, 2012 at 4:26pm

Would be swell if szczesny could save one from time to time..

281. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 4:26pm

as is Rambo micko. His standard sub-par performance. Glad he’s off. Rather see ox than gerv tho

March 31, 2012 at 4:26pm

Scott, what did i say within a few minutes, the pitch looks shocking – no doubt done to stop us playing and its working…

283. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 4:27pm

Yeah Paul,its his fault lol.

284. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 4:27pm

you see and the of season blues. This will likely continue

285. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 4:28pm

end of season, I meant to say

286. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 4:28pm

Scott… I only do that when I want to go to sleep…

287. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 4:29pm

It’s a minefield.

288. EastSidePaul

March 31, 2012 at 4:29pm

Never said it was his fault did I scott? I said it would be swell if he would like to save one from time to time lol.

289. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 4:30pm

Alan,you’re giving me the blues
    Rocky,touche!!!

290. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 4:31pm

Paul,that’s called splitting hairs.

March 31, 2012 at 4:33pm

20 minutes, come on arsenal, give it your everything, don’t bloody hand things back to the swampies!!!

292. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 4:33pm

is RvP actually playing? How is he not tearing Ferdinand and Hill a new one??? They are terrible players. I just don’t get it.

293. EastSidePaul

March 31, 2012 at 4:34pm

Can never see the need to start with 4 central midfield players, feel RVP needs help up front.

294. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 4:34pm

Villa 1 chelsea 2

March 31, 2012 at 4:34pm

Too complacent rocky, too bloody complacent!!

Best they wake up and finally start playing football…

296. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 4:35pm

Agree with that Paul.

297. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 4:35pm

someone needs to show them where the QPR goal is. Perhaps a spectator will assist

March 31, 2012 at 4:36pm

Last 15 mins…. COYGS

March 31, 2012 at 4:36pm

2-2 Chavs….

300. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 4:37pm

Villa 2 Chelsea 2

301. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 4:37pm

villa doing us a favour….

302. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 4:38pm

what a great chance they’ve buggered up again. Oh well

303. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 4:38pm

chamakh? Seriously?

304. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 4:38pm

Ox is on….the difference maker???
    Chamakh also.

March 31, 2012 at 4:38pm

One more goal come on, just one more… then that will lead to a second….

March 31, 2012 at 4:38pm

Shame we can’t do ourselves a fucking favour!!!

March 31, 2012 at 4:39pm

Chamakh :eek:

308. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 4:39pm

Chamakh on

309. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 4:40pm

Another impossible pass attempted…..and failed.

310. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 4:40pm

Chelsea in front now 3-2

March 31, 2012 at 4:40pm

chavs 3-2 up, we need to win this!!

312. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 4:42pm

How’s that one Paul???
    Great save.

March 31, 2012 at 4:42pm

Feckin heck, that was nearly 3-1, a save from Ches saved us there….

See that Esp ;)

314. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 4:43pm

I’d still have Barton and Shawcross in our team, and I’d ban funny hairstyles

315. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 4:44pm

Bentner nearly got another

March 31, 2012 at 4:45pm

I wouldn’t alan, they are nothing more than thugs, both of whom if acted on the streets the way they do in football, would be behind bars….

317. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 4:45pm

Shitty score

March 31, 2012 at 4:45pm

Wish one of ours would get another….

3-2 Citeh

319. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 4:46pm

Song needs to stop trying these fancy chips…..they’re not working today,not coming close.

March 31, 2012 at 4:46pm

3-3 Citeh….

321. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 4:46pm

I like thugs Rico, I was a rugby player and appreciate their worth

3-3 shitty

March 31, 2012 at 4:48pm

Thankfully Wenger won’t ever sign players like that, could never want us to sign a player who nearly ended one of our players football career….

Well, 4 mins extra time, not a hope in hell…

Crap crap crap day for our boys….

323. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 4:48pm

Gunners now in trouble if we don’t get one back. We lose this round against others

March 31, 2012 at 4:49pm

Chavs 4-2

325. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 4:49pm

Rico. better they play for you than against you, and they are more honourable than divers

326. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 4:49pm

Song again with the fancy crap.

327. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 4:50pm

looks like Alan was right all along…..

328. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 4:51pm

Chezzer up…..

329. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 4:51pm

Song needs a haircut

March 31, 2012 at 4:51pm

What a horrid horrid day for Arsenal……

331. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 4:51pm

I don’t see how Rocky.
    One loss from 8 hardly constitutes a form slump.

332. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 4:52pm

Wenger does not seem to time substitutions well

333. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 4:52pm

lets hope it’s not the start of one though

334. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 4:54pm

Pressure from below, Scott

March 31, 2012 at 4:54pm

Lost to a crap team, a crap manager, a side that sits in the bottom three of the PL…

Wenger and his merry men should be totally ashamed!

Sorry David ‘Rocky’ Rocastle…….

336. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 4:55pm

Some scumbags thrown a coin at RVP but hit the linesman!!!!

Game over….great run over…..Alan can slit his wrists with a smile in his face lol.
    Disappointing game,but the run had to come to an end.
    The first was offside….watch it and see.
    Pitch was woeful.
    Having said that,we were right off our game.
    Goodnight all….til next time,stay positive….except you Alan,of course lol.

March 31, 2012 at 4:56pm

We weren’t at the races today, know what you mean Alan, looks like someone emptied a bag of rubbish on his head.

338. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 4:56pm

It’s all about consistency, which we don’t have. A couple of good transfers out & in will make a difference

It’s Manure’s to lose

339. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 4:56pm

cue comments about the pitch from Arsene no doubt. Dreadful performance.

March 31, 2012 at 4:56pm

You get this feeling that they thought it was gonna be a stroll in the park… Grrrr.

341. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 4:56pm

That’s a bit harsh Rico.
    Nobody performs at their best every game.

March 31, 2012 at 4:56pm

Night Scott, hope you get a better nights sleep than I will after that result….

Well, the display as much as the result….

343. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 4:58pm

Later scott. Your talismanic run had to end sometime! Just wish it would have been against someone good, after putting a heroic shift. Not like this.

344. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 4:59pm

I agree Alan re: subs.
    Nothing was happening at the hour mark….changes needed to be made then.

345. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 4:59pm

true Scott, but for all of them not to turn up at the same time? inexcusable.

346. rockyrocastle07

March 31, 2012 at 5:01pm

anyway, Im off to tidy out the balcony. My Saturday just gets better and better…..!

May be on later. Have a good afternoon all

March 31, 2012 at 5:04pm

Scott, you can’t blame the pitch or the referee, we were pish poor today, qpr wanted it more than us, reminded me of the sunderland cup game a few weeks back.

348. stevepalmer1

March 31, 2012 at 5:05pm

Got to say that was a lack lustre performance from our boys, very disappointing display Virmin had a howler Ramsey was inafective and Theo whose frightened of physical contact if i speak the truth i couldn’t care if he signs or not, sory to hear about your Dad Scott best wishes for him. i must admit i’m more disappointed than i thought i’de be, but the whole team had a bad day.

March 31, 2012 at 5:06pm

Don’t jump off it will ya rocky.

March 31, 2012 at 5:11pm

Nighty rocky… rotten day, just rotten!

351. Merlin96

March 31, 2012 at 5:14pm

March 31, 2012 at 5:15pm

Hi Steve…

At least Theo got a goal to give us hope….

March 31, 2012 at 5:18pm

Merlin, your comment is my post for tomorrow, sorry it’s now gone ;) ;)

March 31, 2012 at 5:20pm

Its not all doom Merlin, we’ll still 3rd as things stand.

355. devilgunner

March 31, 2012 at 5:21pm

Match report on the way Rico. Just finishing it off. Will send it later on today.

March 31, 2012 at 5:21pm

I was beginning to think this place was haunted !

357. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 5:22pm

As Ned Kelly said after being sentenced to hang

” Such is life “

March 31, 2012 at 5:23pm

Devil, i’d love to say I’m looking forward to it but you know how it is.

March 31, 2012 at 5:26pm

Diaby

March 31, 2012 at 5:26pm

devil, that is an unexpected surprise, thank you…

Merlin, i will post yours on monday as you raise some very very good questions….

361. stevepalmer1

March 31, 2012 at 5:27pm

Evening Rico, fair play to Theo as you said he did score, but he frustrates the hell out of me, his first touch is always backwards and then goes on a run to oblivion, he’s a forward with pace and i think its wasted on him he hasn’t in my mind got the know how to take on a player if it may turn out to be physical. He does have good spells where he does show that he can play, but to seldom for me.

362. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 5:31pm

Man U have only 4 foreign players in there firsts, well usually. Says a lot for English players, playing in an English club in an English competition

March 31, 2012 at 5:31pm

Robin Van Persie was showing signs of fatigue in the Villa game.
    And when we needed him today.
    He couldn’t do his Capt Vantastic and save the day.

364. alanbstardmp

March 31, 2012 at 5:33pm

Hi Allezkev

Yes, poor old RvP. We can’t expect him to do everything

March 31, 2012 at 5:36pm

Steve – yes he does frustrate, but on days like today, was he the only one who frustrated or got their game wrong??

But as always, he gets singled out….

AK, RvP has played too many games, far too many games on the trot but thats because we have nothing in reserve, next season that will hopefully change….

March 31, 2012 at 5:40pm

Kev, he only had two shots on goal all afternoon, a free-kick in the first half and a good chance in the 2nd where the goalie pulled off a great save, he needs more support, we can’t afford to rest him can we, bet you were pulling your hair out when you saw Chamakh coming on for the last 10 minutes, hope against expectation.

March 31, 2012 at 5:41pm

I know that Mike Dean is a cnut and the pitch was probably prepared with us in mind. But if you wanna win the big prizes you have to learn to cope.
    You have to defend properly.
    And you have to be clinical at the other end.

And very very soon i am going to go out into the garage.
    Get a very very very large hammer.
    And smash this effin useless Samsung shit phone into tiny pieces.

March 31, 2012 at 5:41pm

Guys, i’m offski for a bit, going to get a few things done and calm down….

back later….

369. devilgunner

March 31, 2012 at 5:42pm

My laptop nearly fell off my legs when Chamack came on.

MAtch report sent Rico.

check your inbox please. ;)

370. stevepalmer1

March 31, 2012 at 5:45pm

I’m sorry i disagree about Robin, Yes he looked lack lustre, the same as the whole team, Robin has had a blinding spell where he has been scoreing for fun, and he could have scored a blinder today, he has had a week of rest now that should be enough time for anyone people that work everyday of the year for 8 or 9 hours a day is expected to do it without complaint where these players probably have a couple of hours and then 90 minutes on match days hardly tireing for a so called athelete.

March 31, 2012 at 7:31pm

I have it devil, thank you big time

evening, i am still very down hearted….

372. devilgunner

March 31, 2012 at 7:35pm

TBH Pa and I have been expecting it today. We did not anticipate more than a draw. There were so many situations throughout this league that we have failed to take advantage of other results going our way and today is one of them.

373. DutchGooner10

March 31, 2012 at 7:50pm

Pffffgggggggrrrraaaahhhhhh went out to shake off this result.

Still got some tense jaw muscles biting down a large, roughed up, lump of wood that was protected by a pitbull with the DNA of Satan himself. In the end the redeyed drooling bastard flinched and I ran with my prize. Captured it all on video to drop it in the inbox of Arsenal.com.

Now a coffee.

374. devilgunner

March 31, 2012 at 7:53pm

Did you like the last bit in my report regarding my cousin Rico???

March 31, 2012 at 7:57pm

I do devil, bless her :)

March 31, 2012 at 8:00pm

DG – neither can i shake off this result, it bloomin hurts….

I’m offski for the day guys and gals….

stay safe all and nighty night…

377. DutchGooner10

March 31, 2012 at 8:05pm

In my opinion we got dooped they let us batter and circle their wall. Then Rangers hit the ball like they would orbit a satellite and muscle our backline into mistakes. They must be feeding their squad raw bloody protein injected meat.

378. DutchGooner10

March 31, 2012 at 8:10pm

Rico like Devil said again we fail to capitalize on favorable results. That’s what nagging me still.

Nighty night.

379. devilgunner

March 31, 2012 at 8:16pm

Night all. Not been the best of days. But the SWAMP DWELLERS FROM THE SCUMMY SLUM still need to win tomorrow. And Swansea are no pushovers. Hope they do them and at least hold them.

cu mates. No dreams today as I am knackered.

March 31, 2012 at 8:45pm

Hi AlanMP/Mick.
    Sorry i didn’t answer earlier. Just pissed off with this pile of Samsung shit.

March 31, 2012 at 8:50pm

Sir Steven, i don’t totally disagree with you over RVP.
    But the margains between success & failure are so small at the top level, imho, that a player only has to be a little below par to render them almost ineffective.
    And to be fair to Robin, he has carried this team, goalwise, for the majority of this season.

March 31, 2012 at 8:54pm

And yes, i know that that is his job. But i would imagine that this season could well be the first time, prehaps, that he has been ever~present

March 31, 2012 at 8:56pm

During an entire season, and that could include his time in Holland..?!

384. stevepalmer1

March 31, 2012 at 9:06pm

I understand what your saying Sir Kev, and i am not moaning about Robin, Just disagree that he must be tired. Normal people in all types of jobs get about six weeks a year holiday and they carry on as if nothing has happened being a footballer is no diferent except they don’t work the same kind of hours, mind you i would love to earn a hundred grand a week i don’t think i would ever be tired.

March 31, 2012 at 9:53pm

I think your posts are worth 100k Sir Steve… :-)

March 31, 2012 at 9:59pm

I ss that another German, Siemann; centre~back, was in the U18’s squad…
    Vorwarts der Arsenal

387. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 10:14pm

There’s no doubt in the world the first goal was offside,then Vermaelen….amongst others….slipped over,gifting the second.
    Our defence wasn’t as bad as people are making out.
    Our midfield offered nothing.
    As I posted a few times during the game,Song was trying the deft little impossible chip every time he got the ball…..what’s wrong with the simple pass Alex????
    Yes,its come off lately,but after you’ve tried 6 or 7 times,and each time its gone to an opponent,put it away til next week.
    He was shocking.
    RVP was very flat,and his first touch,for his standards,was woeful.
    Theo….well,he’s Theo,so maybe we should stop trying to dissect him and accept the fact he is what he is,inconsistent.
    Rosicky was barely in it.
    Arteta did well.
    Just a flat game,overall
    Disappointing,but its hardly the end of the world.
    Seven in a row was a great effort,but that’s done.
    Yesterday was terrible,but that’s done also.
    Onwards and upwards.

388. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 10:35pm

Rico,you asked why Theos singled out…..fair question.
    My answer is he brings it on himself by asking for 85,000 per week.
    That figure is the wage of an outstandingly good player,and if he rates himself that highly,his performances should reflect that.
    That’s just my opinion,anyway.

March 31, 2012 at 10:36pm

Sensible comments Scott, good perspective.
    There’s enough games to turn it around again.
    Will be interesting to see how Mancini approaches next weekend. He needs to go for the win. Not easy for a cautious Italian to contemplate..!

March 31, 2012 at 10:41pm

The thing is Scott. If Podolski does come in, on 100k, then the likes of Walcott, Song and Robin, are gonna want megabucks…

391. Scott From Oz

March 31, 2012 at 11:31pm

AK,Podolski is,using my favourite description,an absolute weapon,and worth more than Theo in my opinion.
    Robin deserves 150-170k a week.
    Theo should grab the 75 offered…..he’s young,improve and ask for 90 or 100 in two years time.
    Alex….I’d give him 75ish.
    Keep in mind these two can easily be replaced…easily…..without breaking the bank.
    We would get 15 or 20 million for each of them,so no problems there.
    RVP…..we would get 40 for him,considering his age,but what’s he worth to replace???
    Theo,you already earn more per week than 95% of people do per year,so grow up a bit mate.
    AK,have you seen the first goal??
    I’m stunned I’m the only one speaking if the offside?
    One angle….maybe I’m one of few to see it…shows it clearly.
    TV5 plays him off easily,and loses that vital yard.
    Yes,play to the whistle though….I hate players standing with their hand in the air.
    I am yet to see,in 36 years of playing and watching,a referee suddenly give a free due to a player standing still with their arm raised.
    Ironically,at my kids age,U/6,there’s usually no referee????
    WTF???
    I ref every game(maybe that’s why we keep winning lol) so the kids learn to play to the whistle,only so in ten years time they can try and to the refs job!!!!!

April 1, 2012 at 12:44am

Scott, i haven’t seen anything mate.
    Didn’t finish till midnight.
    Just out having a stroll.
    If they offer Robin 120k, i reckon he might walk.
    Gotta give him 150k or 120k + a big signing~on fee spread over the duration of the deal.
    Yes, i agree. Song & Walcott can be replaced.
    But it would be the wrong message to send out.

April 1, 2012 at 12:49am

The club need to be showing it’s ambition by retaining it’s best players.
    Walcott, Song and quite a few more, had an off~day.
    In a couple of years who knows how good they’ll be?

April 1, 2012 at 12:57am

Every summer, instead of the squad being strengthened, we lose a couple of big players.
    How are we ever going to progress?
    I don’t want to see anyone leave, except for the usual suspects.
    We are so very close to having a squad that can realistically challenge for the EPL again.
    I don’t want to see that situation repeated where we take one step forward and then two back.
    We have to keep this squad intact.
    Although i can see your view.

395. Scott From Oz

April 1, 2012 at 2:15am

AK,I dont want to see them sold,truly I don’t.
    I was trying to make the point that it won’t be the end of the world if they go,but they also need to realise they’re not irreplacable.
    I agree they will be even better in two or three years time,but that’s when they need to be paid top dollar,when they’re doing the job consistently.
    Bloody agents…….they truly so stuff sports.
    Scum of the earth.

April 1, 2012 at 8:27am

Morning….

Scott – re Theo, do we know for sure that he is asking for £85K a week, it could just be the Newspapers talking…

397. Scott From Oz

April 1, 2012 at 9:04am

Everything we read could be newspaper talk Rico…that’s why we should disregard rumours totally.
    Top of the morning all.

April 1, 2012 at 9:08am

Exactly Scott, we can’t be selective on what we choose to believe and ignore ;)

Morning to you….