Striker Signs and We need a Win at Liverpool Today……..

The Ladies are in Liverpool today to for their last fixture in the Womens Super League, a win will ensure they create history and win the first ever trophy of this league.

The home fixture between the two sides saw a comfortable 3-0 victory for the Ladies but their manager Laura Harvey has warned her side against complacency!

We currently sit top of the league and destiny is in our own hands – only they can fluff it up now but these players don’t tend to do that very often, unlike the men. ;)

Harvey spoke to afc.com:

We’ve done our job in the last two games now and we’ve got one more left to go. Liverpool will be tough and they’ll be out to scalp us and we know that. We will have to perform well on the day.

The outcome is in our own hands and that always has to be the plan,If we go on and win the title from here we would have done it through our own merit. No one can punish us now but ourselves.

Good luck to them, kick off is at 2pm UK time but annoyingly ESPN aren’t covering this one today, instead they have decided to show a potentially boring match from The Premier League.

Sky Sports however are covering what could potentially be a cracker from The Premier League and after a confidence building win in the week, I don’t think the home side will truly believe this will be a rollover in their favour.

No doubt you have all read the story by now about how we are about to sign AS Monaco striker Park Chu-Young. The 26-year-old was due to move away from Monaco and sign for Lille but it seems our manager has nipped in and secured his services. Speculation was rife that he travelled to London yesterday for a medical.

Well, late last night Le Grove broke the news that he has signed and that he will be wearing the Number 9!! The rest of that post makes interesting reading as well and we could be in for a good few days….

As yet, nothing has been announced on afc.com…

Back to today:

Lansbury, Miquel, Traoré, Coquelin, Oğuzhan Özyakup and Sunu are travelling to OT today according to Young Guns as Vermaelen, Djourou and Sagna face late fitness tests  – my money is on all three being fit!

Should that be the case we are still without Gervinho, Frimpong and Song who are all paying their penance for naughty tackles, Wilshere and Gibbs are both still missing through injury…

Oh, Squilli and Nik are both out injured too, although I think they are busy hunting for a new club…

We want Cahill, Bolton need a defender – surely they’d loved Squilli.  ;)

That’s a fair amount of players out but we’ll still give them a battle I hope and if we can come away with something, it would be heck of a result….

Manchester United have a few injuries too, Fergie has said that Rio Ferdinand and Antonio Valencia are ‘training well’, while Nemanja Vidic is out for a month and Rafael will miss even longer with his dislocated shoulder – so no Vidic and no Ferdinand and let’s not forget they have a young goal keeper who is always good for an error or two..

Shoot on sight and someone has to be ready for anything he spills… He’s tall so keep the shots low, that’s where he seems vulnerable at the moment, he’s under a bit of pressure, lets help build that pressure.

Kos and Vermaelen seemed to have clicked and Szcznesy is in great form, Nani will find Sagna a different proposition at left back than the departed Clichy who  he used to make look silly and Jenkinson will have a tough afternoon up against Ashley Young but I’m betting on our young defender to win that battle.

Last time we played them in the league, Wilshere and Ramsey bossed the midfield and won the battle on the day, we need another performance like that today, firstly from Ramsey and secondly, from whoever partners him in Jack’s absence.

Will it be Djourou, will it be Rosicky, will it be Coquelin??

If we can win that battle again today, we’ll be half way there, then it’s down to Walcott and RvP to bury their chances..

Another spirited display like we saw on Wednesday and a win today is not impossible, especially if  Howard Webb leaves his AON shirt at home……

Looking forward to it??

You bet…….

424 thoughts on “Striker Signs and We need a Win at Liverpool Today……..

August 29, 2011 at 9:26am

New Post up…..

2. SD-London

August 28, 2011 at 10:21pm

BOARD SHOULD GO

I WOULD HAVE PREFERRED THE RUSSIAN DUDE TO BUY ARSENAL, HE IS A TRUE FOOTBALL FAN.

STAN PLS SACK THE BOARD

3. Joaquim moreira

August 28, 2011 at 10:11pm

wake up and be united for change the things.
    Hope better days will come soon…

4. SD-London

August 28, 2011 at 10:04pm

i dont know what to say.

i feel so sorry for Wenger but he should have seen this coming , if he didn’t , then we are in trouble because that means he has lost touch with reality.

What do we do then ?

5. Joaquim moreira

August 28, 2011 at 9:43pm

How many players, between injuries and excludes, have we been out today? 12? 11? 13? (don’t count Nasri, Fabregas… even Nasri was played the first two games).
    My opinion: a) we must have 2 players for position, more 3 Gk and more 2-3 players (one defender,one midfield and one forward) for “attack” all the competitions. b)Our season were start early. We are at the end of August. We can be out of LC and we have played 3 games in the League. We still in all the competitions, but we haven’t a team, a squad and probably the League it’s a mirage; c)But an ambitious team must have real 2 good players for position. They must rotate the team. In five games, how many players have play yet? 25? 23? How is it this possible? d) If new players come the integration it’s much more difficult now, when we have almost 2 games a week; e)We have been in CL during all those years. The CL were made the diffrence of the teams at the top and the others ones, except in special cases like M.City. What we have done with all the money and these aditional profits? f) Arsenal football was based on ball possession and no faults. When we finish with 11 players on the League? This, it’s a question of debility mentality,physical shape, confidence level, nervous and colective strong. g) Those problems are not new and they start since last season. The things still the same, except we loose our best players.
    Note: Hazard is playing today with Lille v Marseille (3-2) at the moment

6. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 9:30pm

good night kev

7. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 9:20pm

Why would you Kev? Enough humiliation!

8. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 9:17pm

kev, I agree Koreans, Japanese have all high work ethic.

Kev, you read the Guardian Amy Lawrence article on the Guardian? It’s very interesting article I don’t usually rate her as writer but on this occasion she writes with some insightful information and analysis. I’m reading still.

August 28, 2011 at 9:16pm

Osi, we’re just chasing our own tails.
    A bad day at the office my friend.
    But i’ll still watch match of the Day.
    I’m gonna sign-off.
    Goodnight Lee/Osi/Rico.

August 28, 2011 at 9:11pm

Osi, re: Young. don’t know enough about him mate, but all the Koreans i’ve seen have a good work ethic and don’t give up……

No curry tonight Lee?

August 28, 2011 at 9:10pm

I’m waffling to myself, pissed and angry, something’s gotta change and fucking lively…….night all, COYG!!!!

August 28, 2011 at 9:10pm

I take your point Osi. But we are not a poor club and if a player/players are not up to the required standard, then they should be moved on, the same applies to motivational techniques, the smallness of our squad encourages, if players don’t respond, you get rid….
    The mental frailities we see come from a weak spirit among too many of our players. Wenger should have weeded out these players long before now.
    One rotten apple syndrome

August 28, 2011 at 9:07pm

Osi, he’d not be in my top 10 strikers I’d want to see at the arsenal……

August 28, 2011 at 9:06pm

Be nice to finish a PL game with 11 players….

August 28, 2011 at 9:05pm

On that showing who’d want to join us? This whole situation has been on the cards for a while…something can be done about it but fucking about fannying in the transfer mkt over a few million quid will be our down fall….surely the board can see that???

16. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 9:02pm

Kev, do you trust Young as striker?

August 28, 2011 at 8:58pm

Personel terms and medical sorted out for Young.
    Just some formalities left….

Hope he’s the first of 4 signings…..

18. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 8:55pm

Kev, there are multiple techniques to motivate, reward and punish to raise the performance of a team; each of these techniques has its own advantages and downfalls so you have to try them from multiple perspective view and not stick to one method all the time. Wenger also had sometimes according to his former players had harsher punishment but that doesn’t always work one way or another.

They only I think I saw from Ferguson is that he easily moved on his players whenever he thought they cannot be motivated by his methods anymore. He had money for it which can not be said of Wenger.

Also you have to consider the fact ManU have always had great teams and great players in their ranks that can motivate the rest by their presence and contribution. That wasn’t the case of Arsenal. So in the end it’s about the quality of the players you have. You cannot change anything from the fact that Traore is a bad defender, and that Coq is only a child, and that that….

19. K-TR7

August 28, 2011 at 8:53pm

Madrid winning 5 nil.kàkà has scored a scorcher.no way will they let him leave now and why would he even want to join us?:(

August 28, 2011 at 8:47pm

AK, don’t do a reggie Perrin mate!! Fucking embarrassing….and to think three world class signings would make all the difference!!! RVP must be thinking….what the fuck!!

August 28, 2011 at 8:46pm

I know what your saying Osi, but Ferguson teams don’t capitulate quite like Wenger teams.
    Why is this???
    Do our players give up easier because they know Wenger won’t bawl them out.
    Can you imagine Ferguson’s reaction if his team lost 8-2…?
    Some of those players would never pull a ManUre shirt on again. Ferguson would be ashamed and made sure his players felt the same and came out at the next game breathing fire.
    How do you feel our ‘softies’ will respond???

22. Suhail.TV

August 28, 2011 at 8:45pm

Am out. See u all

23. K-TR7

August 28, 2011 at 8:43pm

What happened to JD?he is totally lost nowadays.he is clueless.he is no better than squid.

August 28, 2011 at 8:41pm

I’ll have a look later agag, cheers….
    I live 5 mins from the beach, during the summer it’s fantastic.
    But no coconut trees :(

25. Suhail.TV

August 28, 2011 at 8:40pm

An interesting transfer rumour… Wenger to PSG !

26. Doc Brody

August 28, 2011 at 8:38pm

Ouch

27. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 8:38pm

Kev sorry I meant Ferguson never had a weak team like our current team and he had issues with Beck.

August 28, 2011 at 8:36pm

Lee – Rectum is in the bin ;)

STV, soft and far too fluffy…..

August 28, 2011 at 8:36pm

It hasn’t been fun being an AFC fan for sometime now. But the game earlier?? That was painfully embarrassing. I only hope the young ‘uns aren’t that traumatized.

Good night, rico!!

Seen ‘em AK? Now go book hat flight.

30. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 8:36pm

Kev, strong disciplinary methods don’t work or motivate all players. Since we have young players we need to be careful about how treat them because they can become rebels.

Also we don’t compare the two teams Wenger never had a weak team like this having to compete with 3 giants clubs in the world football. When Wenger had weak team 2003 he had many issues with his players and David Beck wasn’t impressed. It’s luxury to have quality players all the time.

However, today I think Wenger should have at least make some defensive changes at half time to contain ManU me think.

August 28, 2011 at 8:32pm

It’s all my fault…I walked in the pub and said as long as we dont get beat 5-1 like the scum….we were truly outplayed & outclassed, young and jones, two we were after, I thought looked great…is the marquee Korean gonna help our cause?? Sign some experienced players you tight arsed French fuck…the money is there, use it!!! It’s not like cesc fucking off was a bolt out the blue….where’s RECTUM??? Only a matter of time….

32. Suhail.TV

August 28, 2011 at 8:32pm

Fine,thanks AGAG. What kindd of penalty RVP taken today..

33. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 8:30pm

We missed Song, we missed sagna, we missed Wilsh and we missed vermalaen. And even Gibs we missed him.

34. Suhail.TV

August 28, 2011 at 8:29pm

Wenger, Will you….

August 28, 2011 at 8:29pm

For that, i blame Wenger. He is too soft on his players.
    Can you imagine the ManUIre players capitulating the same.
    And Why????
    Because they are afraid of Ferguson
    Our players don’t have that same respect….

36. K-TR7

August 28, 2011 at 8:27pm

How much did we miss song,sagna and vermy at the back?:(

August 28, 2011 at 8:27pm

I hear what you all say, but to me Djourou was culpable for the first goal. Instead of attacking the ball he tried to hold off Welbeck, it was rank poor defending.
    After the first goal went in, you could see the confidence drain out of the team.
    I simply cannot remember a more mentally fragile squad of players as the squad we’ve had for the last 4 years…

August 28, 2011 at 8:25pm

I’m heading off guys, and don’t expect too much tomorrow….

I really cannot stomach going over all that again……

Night all – I hope some of us get some sleep…..

39. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 8:22pm

Rooney was exceptionally clever today as well and Young was exceptional.

40. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 8:20pm

Kos was the only defender in there today to be honest and had not been for his interventions we could have conceded more. He was partly responsible for the first goal, but in all honesty he rushed back when he saw DJ failing to clear the ball.

Any proper defender could have helped today.

August 28, 2011 at 8:18pm

It’s a tough call today Kev, JD was the shocker and Traore was run rings by Nani… Young was given too much space and three free kicks gifted them three goals (or was it two) ;)

42. K-TR7

August 28, 2011 at 8:17pm

We need a CB,LB,AM,ST and WF at minimum.

43. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 8:16pm

Kev, interesting questioning? We’re thin and I think he can be useful against lesser side as we have another injury prone player Gibs in there.

August 28, 2011 at 8:15pm

Overall, what did you all make of Koscielny today?
    Was he particularily at fault for any of the goals.
    If we signed Cahill, would anyone drop him?

August 28, 2011 at 8:12pm

Did Traore do enough to show why Juventus didn’t want him?
    Any objections to loaning/selling him to QPR?

46. K-TR7

August 28, 2011 at 8:10pm

If i was wenger i wouldn’t sleep for the next 3 days.i would’ve called Gazidis even before reaching the OT tunnel.that loss hurts like hell :(

August 28, 2011 at 8:10pm

STV, we’re angry but not that angry… ;) How are ya?

48. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 8:07pm

Oh God I have problems writing comments. I think I’m angry inside and that shows in my writing.

49. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 8:05pm

We have nothing with Wenger the board is responsible. If they think HE’s responsible then they should just sack him. Either way, I am holding them responsible because they’re the ones represent the shareholders and stakeholders legally and organisationally.

August 28, 2011 at 8:04pm

Board for me too…..

August 28, 2011 at 8:03pm

Osi – it’s been like that for five years now……

kev – agree re AA and Rosicky – AA though i would let go, he must be on a good wage, too much for a club like ours, Rosicky though, i bet his wages are much lower… especially after two years out just before he signed a new one…

KT, i know, he;s a smug F****r ;)

Shame it’s now the international break, we really could have done with a quick game, maybe shrewsbury at home ;)

52. Suhail.TV

August 28, 2011 at 8:01pm

Yes that’s the confusion AGAG.. Board or Wenger. For the time being I think we all should beat ourselves ;)

53. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 8:01pm

Today I don’t remember our players making successful tackles were all over the place. The only who made tackles and headed the ball to clear was Kos, even our Chesney was all over the place today. It was obvious that he was hypernervous from the start when he almost passed the ball to a ManU player in the penalty area. From that point I feared the worst for our Chesney. I hope he recovers well, he’s strong psychologically.

54. K-TR7

August 28, 2011 at 7:58pm

Gazidis is a smooth talking f***er rico.he is even better than wenger at that.

August 28, 2011 at 7:56pm

Thanks, rico. :) AK, JD was a disaster. :(

Kt, I think, it’s the Board you should be looking to beat up.

August 28, 2011 at 7:55pm

See ya Mick… I’ll give ya a wave at the Swansea game…

August 28, 2011 at 7:54pm

night micko…..

emotional – more like painful….

August 28, 2011 at 7:54pm

So in essense, the players the kids should look to, for help, let them down…..

Arshavin is a luxury player, he’d be great for Cittie, with 10 others doing all the work for him.
    But when were up against it i’m afraid he doesn’t do enough.

Rosicky did great in europe, but he wasn’t at the races today.
    Maybe Wenger should just save him for the cups…

59. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 7:54pm

Rico I don’t read LG, the Gooneronline magazine, and Palmer’s Arsenal news review. I am an obstinate guy like Wenger so if I don’t understand people I don’t participate in their discussions. You wouldn’t see my nickname there.

I don’t know as well how we get out this situation but I am sure we can improve when our players are back with the additions on the way.

People we’ll say oh Arsenal youngs were beaten by ManU youngsters but I don’t look at it that. Someone of our missing youngsters were the best performers of our team; I can argue that with Wilshere, Frim and Gibs we could have done much better. So while I only have to be optimistic and hope for more signing.

If we talking about holding WEnger and the board accountable then we should see how the season goes, and then ask for clear explanation of the way forward and how things went wrong. The Trust can do that for us anyway.

August 28, 2011 at 7:53pm

i’d rather a dark alley with gazidis kt……

August 28, 2011 at 7:52pm

Anyway, i’ve finished venting my spleen, catch you all tomorrow.

Its been emotional.

August 28, 2011 at 7:51pm

because he’s english……

jd was dreadful, he always lets the ball bounce instead of attacking it…..

63. K-TR7

August 28, 2011 at 7:50pm

Lock me in a room with AW right now.about time i tested how effective my gym work has been ;) effective my gym work has been ;)

August 28, 2011 at 7:49pm

confidence – i think if this team had any, its been shattered today…

kev – my last was about coq, no idea on chamberlain – i’d given up too….

August 28, 2011 at 7:48pm

Wonder why Lansbury didn’t start.

August 28, 2011 at 7:48pm

Djourou again showed his limitations as a defender.
    One of the commentators said he was pencilled in for the def/mid job until Vermaelen went down.
    Think he can still do a job in that position but as a centre-half…nah….

August 28, 2011 at 7:47pm

kev, he did ok, when he went off we lost it big time…..

August 28, 2011 at 7:47pm

Kev, there’s no doubt about his potential, but I wonder what today has done for his confidence, I reckon some of them lads out there today are inconsolable right know.

69. Suhail.TV

August 28, 2011 at 7:47pm

Kev, He gave a brilliant pass to empty area after a fantastic dribbling

August 28, 2011 at 7:46pm

agag, of course i will :)

August 28, 2011 at 7:46pm

Gents, come on, don’t get all fighty.

To be fair, there were too many players out, and some of the seniors, who should have kept their head, lost theirs. :( But really, we have three days to sort his out. I hope our Board do not get any sleep for the next 72 hours and get a few top quality signings in.

Heartbroken and woozy from the debacle at OT, AK. :)

rico, would you please send AK the photos I sent you of my last trip? :)

August 28, 2011 at 7:46pm

Micko, you and me both….

73. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 7:45pm

Kev, today I couldn’t see an Arsenal player I just saw Kos against about 7 ManU players, and maybe Walcott. I don’t think anyone else did anything today.

August 28, 2011 at 7:44pm

Osi – it’s all said because they could see it coming, so could I – could you not??

We are in a pickle and i for sure don’t know how we will get out of it…

Yes, I know things will be better when all our players are fit and un-banned but in the meantime, fans emotions are running high – i suggest you don’t read LG if you don’t like what is being said ;)

August 28, 2011 at 7:44pm

Did Oxlade-Chamberlain do anything when he came on?

I’d turned off by then!

August 28, 2011 at 7:43pm

What did you guys think of Francis Coquelin today?
    Do you think, all things considered, that he has any potential?

77. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 7:42pm

Micko I’m not talking about here I was talking about LG.

August 28, 2011 at 7:41pm

Kev, please no more wingers.

79. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 7:41pm

I think we need to stop crying, relax and just try to discuss maybe what went wrong tactically or technically. We all feel humiliated but I think it’s not the first time and it wont be the last. in 2001-2 Arsenal team more mature lost to ManU by 6 goals. Today was different because we missed almost our best defensive players.

August 28, 2011 at 7:39pm

Acc. to J.Sanderson, we’re approached HSV for their dutch winger Eljero Elia

81. Suhail.TV

August 28, 2011 at 7:39pm

Manager Board and the Owners..

August 28, 2011 at 7:39pm

Osi, i don’t think there’s anyone on here who is happy when Arsenal lose.

83. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 7:35pm

Suhail don’t get your point?

August 28, 2011 at 7:35pm

I think i know how a duck in a shooting gallery feels now.

85. Suhail.TV

August 28, 2011 at 7:34pm

Time to stop Osi. many fans including me tells this every time we lose. Every one held accountable

86. goonster

August 28, 2011 at 7:32pm

Just to think that a few hours ago we were laughing at the spuds…now the jokes on us…..thanks wenger thanks a lot.

87. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 7:31pm

Rico I have no respect for people claiming they’re fans of AFC while Arsenal loosing makes them happy because they think Arsene should resign. That’s outrageous. How can you say support Arsenal while their defeat is your happiness. If they have a case against Arsene then they have to show the information that proves them right otherwise they should just shut up.

88. Suhail.TV

August 28, 2011 at 7:31pm

This 4-2-3-1 thing is getting futile

August 28, 2011 at 7:30pm

Miyaichi is injured Paul…..
    He wouldn’t have made any difference anyway.

August 28, 2011 at 7:29pm

ESP – that question should be emailed to AW – it’s a very good one…

AA was yet again awful, he is not happy anymore – let him go play for a club that willplay him where he is best played…

High line – lord knows as that is where we always get caught, i would add, why do our defenders let the ball bounce, have they not got a head???

Ryo – again, no idea…

As for the defnce coach…

Bring back Keown!!!

August 28, 2011 at 7:28pm

Would anyone blame Szczesny for any of the 8 goals..

Btw, i did see someone post that the last time Arsenal conceded 8 goals was in 1896…

92. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 7:28pm

Kev, I agree with you I blame for today’s defeat but others things I am not sure.

Anyway if, as claimed usually on AFC fan blogs and the media, wenger have all those powers and he’s the one refusing to change wage structure, the relatively bigger transfer targets, I would still blame the board because they’re the ones force to sign and change things or make him resign.

93. EastSidePaul

August 28, 2011 at 7:27pm

Number 3 should be “hadn’t played league football”

August 28, 2011 at 7:26pm

Guys,let’s not ‘diss’ another site here please….. the bloggers on LG have a voice, let them be…..

Moving on swiftly…..

95. EastSidePaul

August 28, 2011 at 7:26pm

Just a few questions.

Why do we play such a high line?
    Why have we stopped putting a player on the post for free kicks?
    Why are we starting a player who until 8 months ago hadn’t played non league football?
    Why does Ramsey have to turn on the ball every time he receives it?
    Why does Arshavin bother making himself available for games when he clearly could not care less?
    Why was said player left on so long after he should have already been sent off?
    Why are we so awful at defending? I hear we have one coach that does everything, thats not how coaching works.
    Why wasn’t Myiachi not even in the squad?

August 28, 2011 at 7:25pm

Not on here Osi, thanks….

August 28, 2011 at 7:24pm

Kev – I agree somewhat with Merse about today Kev, why an attacking side, when we were so depleted??

And yes, i blame the board for not being more pro-active …

So, we are singing off the same one then ;)

98. Suhail.TV

August 28, 2011 at 7:24pm

So as you said osi Muck the board and Duck Gazidis

August 28, 2011 at 7:23pm

agag, how are ya doing [er silly question]?
    What’s happened to the pictures???

100. goonster

August 28, 2011 at 7:23pm

Wow I wouldn’t wanna be an AKB on legrove right now…..go check it out guys….its frightening…..those guys wanna drink wenger’s blood. I just wanna punch him on smug face….what a sick bastard.

August 28, 2011 at 7:23pm

Osi – hence my comment about i blame them all but, i am fed up with wenger and his comments about buying, i’m fed up with the board…..

That stuff about players cost and wages has been denied by the board Osi, they are pointing the finger back wenegr…..

August 28, 2011 at 7:22pm

Rico, i blame Wenger for the way we played today…

The Board i blame for the lack of transfer activity.

That’s how i see it….

103. Suhail.TV

August 28, 2011 at 7:22pm

Rico, why would’nt you decide not to write a match report and write some thing else tomorrow ?

104. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 7:21pm

Rico I’m not the one who’s fighting and I don’t know why some people just accuse as if gave penalties against Arsenal.

August 28, 2011 at 7:20pm

Rico, its just one big mucking fuddle !!!!!!!!

August 28, 2011 at 7:20pm

agag :lol: :lol:

107. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 7:19pm

Rico it’s frustrating to see people making assumptions about who decide for what and is not doing his job when we in reality we don’t have inside information. However, knowing the way businesses are run it’s inconceivable that a manager of football club has all those powers we’re talking. these issues are strategic and the executive board are the ones who have the full authority to take them. Also the shareholders who are now mainly 2 contribute to the vision making. that’s how business should be run, anyone else who claims otherwise should bring some evidence.

Also if you go back and analysing statements made by Fiz, Hill Wood, David Dein and Wenger over the years you can deduct that the transfers money was enough to buy big players and that the club wouldn’t buy big wage players.

August 28, 2011 at 7:19pm

Kev, oliver is not, it’s down to me, I feel for oliver tough as Hurricane Irene is near his home, hence I’m writing… :(

August 28, 2011 at 7:19pm

I feel silly now, ribbing my mates on FB. I think I’ll unfriend a fair few tonight… Then when the smoke clears, I’ll add them again. ;)

Hey, AK. :(

August 28, 2011 at 7:18pm

Micko, that worries me too – three days, feck, they can’t close a deal in three months…… why though, that is what i don’t understand – it can’t be wenger, DD and him didn’t faff the way the club do now…..

August 28, 2011 at 7:17pm

rico, your 7:15 made me smile. :)

August 28, 2011 at 7:17pm

It doesn’t serve any benefit to anyone, if we all start turning on each other……..
    It’s a shit sandwich, but it’s not the first and by golly it won’t be the last.

The person i feel sorry for is Oliver……..
    I would not want to be writing a post on that pile of crap…
    Good luck…

113. goonster

August 28, 2011 at 7:16pm

Sorry Rico……didn’t mean to sound rude but men am so angry….somebody better tell arsene to beware walking alone in dark alleys cause I ll be creeping on him soon…..sorry osi. It was a rush of blood to the head I guess…

August 28, 2011 at 7:15pm

goonster – deep breath and chill out please …. :)

You and Osi, stop fighting….

115. Suhail.TV

August 28, 2011 at 7:13pm

Kosienly made a cc remake today, error prone djorou had his part in atleast 4 goals,Jenkinsen wait for 20 seconds before his each pass,No words for traore also.From where arsene assembled such a back 4

August 28, 2011 at 7:12pm

Osi, 25 million and champions league football.
    A few quid, are you a comedian, don’t give up your day job, that qualifier was a huge game for Arsenal football club, are you for real ?

117. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 7:12pm

Goonster if you arguments and discussion of Arsenal FC makes you hurting then go. I’m here to make my point whether you like or not. And please don’t empty your swearing vocabulary here.

August 28, 2011 at 7:12pm

Osi – I am not placing all the blame on wenger – it’s a simple process really

Wenger tells the board, I want x y and z

The board then do all they can to sign theplayer/s

However, that should have all been done two months ago, not now, with three days to do our business…

It’s wrong….

August 28, 2011 at 7:09pm

Gys, Guys Guys, argue but no insults please, no telling others to shut up…..

August 28, 2011 at 7:09pm

Arsenal Arsenal.com
    Wenger’s press conference is now over. Full transcript to follow on Arsenal.com
    30 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    Arsenal.com
    Arsenal Arsenal.com
    Wenger: “We collapsed physically more than anything else”
    31 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    Arsenal.com
    Arsenal Arsenal.com
    Wenger: “We have to sort out our problems and, at the moment, not speak too much”
    32 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    Arsenal.com
    Arsenal Arsenal.com
    Wenger: “No truth in the links with Arteta”
    33 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    Arsenal.com
    Arsenal Arsenal.com
    Wenger: “We are close to signing a striker at the moment but we are still looking for a midfielder and a defender”
    33 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    Arsenal.com
    Arsenal Arsenal.com
    Wenger: “The players who were out today was too many. We didn’t expect to have all these players out. It is too many”
    34 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    Arsenal.com
    Arsenal Arsenal.com
    Wenger: “I am very open to signing players if we find players who can strengthen the team. We have a lot of people working on that”
    35 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    Arsenal.com
    Arsenal Arsenal.com
    Wenger: “We suffered physically in the second half. They have class and they punished us. We opened up and were punished”
    36 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    Arsenal.com
    Arsenal Arsenal.com
    Wenger: “After a game like that, it is terribly painful. It was a special game and it hurts.”
    37 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

121. goonster

August 28, 2011 at 7:08pm

Osi shut the hell up…..we are hurting now the only person responsible for our pain is wenger……

August 28, 2011 at 7:08pm

Gazidas and his cronies can’t seem to close a deal quickly, our 3 signings this summer all dragged on for weeks, he know has 3 days to pull his finger out.
    Gawd help us.

123. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 7:08pm

Miko embarrassing myself? now we’re talking. What goals youre talking about? 2 against Udines. He might have scored two goals and won us few quids but It’s not a player that is used to make the difference for us. If you think he’s been consistent enough to be missed then you’re wrong. I don’t know about the future improvement but at the moment he won’t be missed as we missed Nasri and Fabregas.

124. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 7:04pm

Rico I have no doubt in my mind that the current wage structure is the design of board who are responsible for strategic decision-making of the club. Wenger maybe some responsibility in that he get along with this strategy but it’s naive to argue that it’s his own making. Otherwise what’s the point of having an executive board.

125. goonster

August 28, 2011 at 7:03pm

Where’s Kev……is he alright? Somebody make sure Will is alright…and hey Lee too.

August 28, 2011 at 7:02pm

STV – NO!!

August 28, 2011 at 7:01pm

osi, your embarrassing yourself now, where would we be without theo’s goals this season ?

128. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 7:01pm

Rico I don’t think you can put all blame on Wenger; he’s not one who negociate he only gives green light to sign players. Then it’s not his fault if they club failed to keep Nari&Fabregas. Every big club keeps his existing players and add some quality over that, but Arsenal failed to do because it’s a strategy of the club. Plus one signing or two couldn’t change anything today. players need to gel with others and train with them to be able to change something.

August 28, 2011 at 7:00pm

It wasn’t televised Micko ;)

August 28, 2011 at 6:57pm

Do you know what, I should have taken someone else’s advice earlier and watched the Arsenal Ladies game instead !!!

131. K-TR7

August 28, 2011 at 6:57pm

I’ll sit in a darkroom tonight and drink alone.

132. Suhail.TV

August 28, 2011 at 6:57pm

Back to the original article. Is this the new no.9 we need ?

August 28, 2011 at 6:57pm

Rocastle – when i say wenger, i mean all of them at the top – the whole board are wet lettuces when it comes to transfers…

We read about the divide, about how enger wants players but the board won’t pay the wage, then we hear the board deny this…

Just who is to blame for us not replacing the players who have been sold??

I don’t know……

134. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 6:55pm

Theo leaves? I would sell him straight away he’s useless.

135. arsenal fan

August 28, 2011 at 6:55pm

BUT 8-2 SCORING NOT EVEN EMBARASING,its not like it was such a bad side 2 cbs who played whole last year our forwards were 1st teamers,jenkinson was our new buy thats wengers fault,acc to wenger traore is our no one lb……no tactics even at ht nothing

August 28, 2011 at 6:54pm

Osi – i also feel like i have been punched in the stomach and just when i was able to get up – i got punched again…

Today has to be of the worst days in a long time for a gooner – i don’t care who wenger wanted to keep, he didn’t and he knew he wouldn’t – he should have spent the money he knew was coming his way and a long time before today……

137. goonster

August 28, 2011 at 6:52pm

What the hell are you talking about rocastle……we just got whupped and here you stand saying its not wenger’s fault….whose fault is it then? RVP Theo and Verm ll leave next. Mark my words.

August 28, 2011 at 6:52pm

ESP – agree, whatever we have made on sales, we need to spend…..

August 28, 2011 at 6:51pm

Osi, I feel like my guts have just been ripped out, how are you feeling.
    Sorry, but that is not acceptable if you are an arsenal fan.

140. EastSidePaul

August 28, 2011 at 6:50pm

-Rocastle

We don’t have two TV5’s though, we need a 2nd and 3rd CH, an more, much more.
    Cahill won’t need more than 70k a week, within the wage structure.

141. Suhail.TV

August 28, 2011 at 6:47pm

But I guess you were well burried after halftime ;)

142. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 6:47pm

Shocking or not fans must be prepared to loose that’s part of life. The world doesn’t end here.

143. Rocastle

August 28, 2011 at 6:46pm

We have won 3 games in all comps since the carling cup defeat.

This is NOT Wengers fault, the board will not adjust the wage structure and he is getting blown out of the water on all transfers. Young, jones, mata. He cannot compete, and he has said it many times…..I WILL OBLY BUY PLAYERS WHI ARE BETTER. Cahill and jag are no better than TV5. He wants the step above. Hummel, subotic, chiellini.

GET OFF WENGERS BACK AND SHOUT AND THE DIRECTORS BOX.

144. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 6:45pm

Goonster you still hurting? I don’t anymore. You know I died just before half time and I couldn’t die twice, could I?

August 28, 2011 at 6:44pm

Osi, tell that to the 3000 arsenal supporters who travelled up to Old Toilet to witness that.
    They didn’t deserve it, it was shocking.

146. goonster

August 28, 2011 at 6:43pm

AF……switch the damned thing off……I did that when it was four and stormed out of the pub amidst jeers………I have a lot of mancs as friends…..boy am I in for a rough week…

147. arsenal fan

August 28, 2011 at 6:42pm

you heard the interview….he still says he wont sign…

148. Suhail.TV

August 28, 2011 at 6:42pm

“I know in England when you lose a game, signings are a solution, but first we have to get our players back. We had 8 out today”

149. EastSidePaul

August 28, 2011 at 6:41pm

I’m sure if Arsenal had paid the money Mata would be playing for us.
    I’m sure Everton would sell Arteta for 15m.
    There are players out there, we just don’t want to spend money, so we can flaunt about saying how we’re doing things “the right way”, while our club rots.

150. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 6:41pm

Not bad at all, ESP!

151. EastSidePaul

August 28, 2011 at 6:39pm

-AF. Turn the phone off, log out of FB and just relax for a bit.

Osi –

You happy with the result? I mean, not bad right??

152. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 6:39pm

ESP Arsene wanted to keep Nasri and even Fabregas but it’s the board who insisted that have to cash on them, that’s known fact. Spending money is not easy. Tell me who could replace those 2 players. Yes, we could have bought a defender early on but we were also unlucky to have all our defenders getting injured at once.

August 28, 2011 at 6:38pm

Ashavin is going nowhere this season, wenger brought him on in the last minute against Udinese, he looked very lethargic today, but it would be wrong to pick him out, we were carrying to many passengers.

154. goonster

August 28, 2011 at 6:38pm

I left when it was 4:1……..who got sent off……God help us

155. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 6:36pm

But we didn’t loose by 8 brother rico, it was only 6 six goals as far as I can see.

Then we’re missing 7 of our starting players and we played ManU team who’s buzzing and had luck on their side with goals.

156. arsenal fan

August 28, 2011 at 6:35pm

my friends….al mu and chelsea fans are harassing me on fb and my phone….wat to do help

157. EastSidePaul

August 28, 2011 at 6:35pm

Money couldn’t save it because it was never spent, and I never wanted to sell Nasri.
    Its really sad to see Wenger in the post match interview, but he has done it to himself, why hasn’t he spent? Arsenal need to spend every penny they can in the next few days. If they have to pay overprice for players, then so be it.

August 28, 2011 at 6:33pm

Merse is hurting too Osi…. He is right, how many sides would lose by 8 against them???

159. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 6:32pm

Those of you who wanted Nasri to leave the club because you thought we couldn’t turn down big money offer, what do you think of his stellar performance today and the Arsenal blunt midfield mess? That money couldn’t save us today as our team completely collapsed.

August 28, 2011 at 6:32pm

Micko – it is so so so sad – i don’t recall in my life time seeing such a sorry state of affairs…..

am i not a young one either……

161. Suhail.TV

August 28, 2011 at 6:30pm

Absoulutely right Micko.. Eight ****ing goals !!!!!!

162. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 6:30pm

In Arsene I trust

August 28, 2011 at 6:30pm

Something has to change Kev…

agag, i’d cut our loses on AA – he is s***e…. and wenger has done that to him….

164. Joaquim moreira

August 28, 2011 at 6:30pm

A team that has two straight defeats with two direct rivals no longer a candidate for the title. In late August, we are away from the title, discredited, sent off four players, two goals, conceded 10, no team and no direction.

165. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 6:30pm

Paul Merson’s an idiot, how can you trust his judgement?

166. Osi

August 28, 2011 at 6:28pm

hi all,
    Anyone crying here?

167. EastSidePaul

August 28, 2011 at 6:27pm

-Micko

It sure wasn’t me who disagreed with you mate.

168. Steve

August 28, 2011 at 6:27pm

As Paul Merson just said – the club and the manager have been in decline since David Dein left.

169. Suhail.TV

August 28, 2011 at 6:27pm

Never wanna see JD again!!

August 28, 2011 at 6:25pm

Just back from the chimpanzee’s tea party.
    I said last week this is the weakest squad i can remember and was told i was talking rubbish.
    When was the last time we let in 8 goals, is there anyone on here old enough to remember it happening, i think not.
    We all know wengers achelles heel, he has the money and chooses not to spend it.
    Its really sad to see what is happening to our club.

August 28, 2011 at 6:24pm

adam, that took quite a few glugs of GG. To sustain that state, I’m sure I’d need WATH’s warehouse.

KT, thank God, there is no work here tomorrow… :(

172. Suhail.TV

August 28, 2011 at 6:23pm

Still in shock.. Just watched the worst show
    of arsenal in my life.

173. K-TR7

August 28, 2011 at 6:22pm

How the hell am i supposed to face those gloating mancs now?

174. goonster

August 28, 2011 at 6:22pm

Did I just witness this or was all that a terrible nightmare……I don’t think drinking myself to death will ease the pain….what happened to this proud north London club. Where did it all go wrong? Where are our past heroes? This has got to stop….

175. adam

August 28, 2011 at 6:21pm

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. I wonder what RVP is thinking now? As I said last week, the worse things get, the better the bottle of wine I will open. I am just off to uncork a Chateau Mouton Rothschild 1961. I may not be back for some time. Love to all Gunners and a have as good an evening as possible. Just keep away from the TV.

176. adam

August 28, 2011 at 6:17pm

ESP. Yes mate. He certainly taught me a lot.

177. EastSidePaul

August 28, 2011 at 6:17pm

Btw

What player of quality would join us now??

178. adam

August 28, 2011 at 6:16pm

agirlgunner. Nice sentiment but don’t be too sure. The pit is virtually bottomless.

179. K-TR7

August 28, 2011 at 6:16pm

I doubt kroenke will be fussed.he probably thinks football works like basketball.he will think the mancs had 2 3pointers and a single 2pointer :(

180. Steve

August 28, 2011 at 6:16pm

Well done the ladies.

181. EastSidePaul

August 28, 2011 at 6:16pm

-Adam

He was here to educate us if you remember

182. adam

August 28, 2011 at 6:15pm

Rico. I believe it was that expert who went by the name of Will who insisted our team was fine and that we were all disgraces for daring to criticise Arsene.

August 28, 2011 at 6:14pm

I just had something to mellow me down; and now think that since we have hit rock bottom so early in the season… There can be no other way bit up. ;)

184. EastSidePaul

August 28, 2011 at 6:13pm

Kev-

we all know it won’t.
    As long as that board is there, things will never change.

185. adam

August 28, 2011 at 6:13pm

Rico. Don’t worry though. When Diaby comes back, he will….you know the rest. I just cannot even bear to hear his excuses. I am sure it will be something like how spending does not always guarantee success. It’s like watching a car crash. One that happens over and over again. Still, it’s gonna cost the whole of the fee we got from Nasri to sack him Yes folks. Good old Arsene, the footballing genius, will get over £20 million if the club sack him. For that amount I could come up with a load of old bollox.

August 28, 2011 at 6:12pm

No Rico, but the pressure it’ll bring might just get him outta his armchair and doing his job….

August 28, 2011 at 6:12pm

ESP – i posted earlier, the away fans put the home ones to shame

I am stunned really, i thought we’d get beat, but 8, fecking e goals conceded…..

Who was it that told me we didn’t need two defenders bought in this window…??

August 28, 2011 at 6:09pm

Kev – did IG really need this result to tell him that we need players??

August 28, 2011 at 6:09pm

Arshavin plays brilliantly two or three times a season, and think he’s earned his paycheck. Even RvP was disappointing. :(

This is an unmitigated embarrassment. Grrrr.

190. EastSidePaul

August 28, 2011 at 6:08pm

If Arsenal had anything about them they would refund all those travelling supporters. The fans were great.

I

191. Joaquim moreira

August 28, 2011 at 6:07pm

Errors have been committed over the years that have paid dearly.
    We have been on top since the last title and why not bet on the market in January, lost titles. And therefore, players no longer believe that we have team to beat. Staying well is not ranked win.
    As I said, we have no team. The problems of the end of the season to spread this with the added difficulty of having players run out of base. We are not candidates for anything. Thus, the aim is not relegation.

192. K-TR7

August 28, 2011 at 6:06pm

We have 4 suspensions after 3 PL games :o

193. adam

August 28, 2011 at 6:05pm

I feel for all the players and the fans who travelled. Yes, we have injuries and suspensions. But, as Wenger’s masterplan has revealed itself is there anyone who now thinks that he has done the right thing for Arsenal Football Club since the last ball of last season was kicked? I feel a sense of betrayal and I think that his attitude and stupid reluctance to address our problems is insulting and demeaning to all who love our club. Make no mistake, this is not a great Man Utd side but we are ridiculously poor because of one man. At this rate we will be scraping about in the bottom half of the table. Who would want to come to a club so obviously in decline? This evening I am at a loss.

August 28, 2011 at 6:04pm

Lack of pride.
    Lack of fight.
    Lack of guts.
    Lack of professionalism.
    No excuses…….
    The senior players were an absolute disgrace…….

August 28, 2011 at 6:04pm

So few of our boys emerge from this with any credit. Well-done to the away fans though. AW gets a lot of stick, which as we speak, are being sharpened into stakes… But he’s done so little to help himself, AW. :( :(

196. EastSidePaul

August 28, 2011 at 6:02pm

This guy should have been sacked at the end of the season, this is unbelievable.

197. K-TR7

August 28, 2011 at 6:01pm

We have conceded 10 goals in 3 games!!!a quarter of our last season’s tally :(

August 28, 2011 at 5:59pm

Le Grove must be exploding….

199. EastSidePaul

August 28, 2011 at 5:58pm

Rico –

Its Wengers fault that he hasn’t bought players in, we always have injuries.
    The club needs to drop 150m in the next three days or enjoy mid-table.

200. Steve

August 28, 2011 at 5:57pm

Anyone got Sam Alladyce’s number ?

August 28, 2011 at 5:57pm

Don’t shout at me….. But maybe this will be the catalyst that’ll get Gazides to stop fannying about and bring in the players we need.

If we make top four this season, it’ll be a miracle.

Dalglish must be rubbing his hands….

202. K-TR7

August 28, 2011 at 5:56pm

I’ll never forgive wenger for this.

August 28, 2011 at 5:54pm

I can’t wait for the Swansea game…. 8O

August 28, 2011 at 5:54pm

rico, it’s a dark day indeed when ordinary United team just rubbished us completely. We do not need any more of these learners. Our board and coach should buy some f-ing experience, and pay good money for it.

I am heartbroken.

August 28, 2011 at 5:53pm

ADK – YES, big time …..

206. ArsenalDK

August 28, 2011 at 5:53pm

8-2? excuse me.. i’m just gonna shoot myself…

207. ArsenalDK

August 28, 2011 at 5:51pm

Rico.. Can we all expect a riot at the club?

Would United ever lose that much, even if they were playing with their second string ?

August 28, 2011 at 5:51pm

Fucking Heck – 8-2……..

209. Steve

August 28, 2011 at 5:50pm

No arguments, no regrets, no good-byes, just go now !

August 28, 2011 at 5:49pm

Steve – we are all pissed off, but it’s not wengers fault that we have so many injuries and bans….

I’m not far from thinking like you though…..

Biggest three days of his footballing life….

211. K-TR7

August 28, 2011 at 5:48pm

Am not even angry.its a comedy out there :(

August 28, 2011 at 5:45pm

I bet Na$ri is laughing all the way to the bank…..

213. Steve

August 28, 2011 at 5:44pm

It doesn’t matter what happens after today I can never forgive Wenger for this humiliation. How can any of the players pretend that they still believe in him after today.

August 28, 2011 at 5:43pm

rico, ADK :cry:

August 28, 2011 at 5:43pm

No ADK, and who would want to sign for us right now???

agag – you and me both……

August 28, 2011 at 5:42pm

And very, very angry.

217. ArsenalDK

August 28, 2011 at 5:41pm

7-2.. Am I just having a bad nightmare? Is this our Arsenal? Is this really happening :(

August 28, 2011 at 5:41pm

yep, 7-2……

August 28, 2011 at 5:41pm

God, I feel sick.

220. ArsenalDK

August 28, 2011 at 5:40pm

rico.. can you see us in the top 6 with this team?

221. ArsenalDK

August 28, 2011 at 5:40pm

penalty.. so 7-2, is that a new record loss for us?

August 28, 2011 at 5:40pm

Not now ADK, there is not enough time for a new manager to buy players – results will dictate what happens to wenger i fear……

223. ArsenalDK

August 28, 2011 at 5:39pm

I did rico.. But then my mate said we scored,.. and that brought my hopes up :(

August 28, 2011 at 5:38pm

don’t think so ADK – i thought you’d switched off ;)

225. ArsenalDK

August 28, 2011 at 5:38pm

WENGER OUT!!

August 28, 2011 at 5:37pm

hi agag, it is shocking, just shocking…

i feel so so sad……

three days for wenger to sort this out – will he, i don’t think so……

227. ArsenalDK

August 28, 2011 at 5:37pm

Wasn’t there an offside on chicarito?

August 28, 2011 at 5:36pm

Rushed home to witness a mauling… :cry:

August 28, 2011 at 5:36pm

He’ll blame injuries and red cards.

And another red card………….

230. ArsenalDK

August 28, 2011 at 5:34pm

I wonder that Wengers comments are going to be after the match..

We need Messi, Ronaldo, Villa, Macherano, Pique, Benzema and Kaka to help us out of this.. Not Park Shung Mung Chong, and other “quality” players as Wenger says…

231. ArsenalDK

August 28, 2011 at 5:32pm

6-1???? :'(

August 28, 2011 at 5:31pm

go steady goonster….

August 28, 2011 at 5:30pm

ADK, it is for me too now in my AFC world…..

234. ArsenalDK

August 28, 2011 at 5:30pm

Rico, I have turned off the TV. This is just too hurtful to watch…

August 28, 2011 at 5:29pm

This is just horrid to watch, just so so horrid…… :(

August 28, 2011 at 5:27pm

JD’s was Rocastle – it was really really niave of him…..

237. ArsenalDK

August 28, 2011 at 5:27pm

This has got to be the worst Sunday in my life…

238. goonster

August 28, 2011 at 5:27pm

am out Rico…..heading home……we ll chat when I get home……

August 28, 2011 at 5:26pm

WTF was all that about – Webb and Rooney side by side, chit chatting as they head back for our corner……

Bet he’s got a AON shirt on underneath his ref top

I dreaded this result…….

240. Rocastle

August 28, 2011 at 5:25pm

Yeah, wenger needs to sort this but there’s no way we dwarves this. Both free kicks were dives.

August 28, 2011 at 5:24pm

he’s still on stan….

August 28, 2011 at 5:24pm

Bollox yet again……

JD, you fool…..

243. goonster

August 28, 2011 at 5:21pm

About time too…..get that fat russian out….

August 28, 2011 at 5:18pm

Chamberlain coming on for his debut…..

August 28, 2011 at 5:15pm

AA – how……. how on earth did you miss that… :(

246. goonster

August 28, 2011 at 5:14pm

What difference can he make Rico…..what difference

August 28, 2011 at 5:10pm

The away fans put the home ones to shame……

August 28, 2011 at 5:09pm

Lansbury warming up – hoo bloody rah – get the russian off…..

August 28, 2011 at 5:07pm

He’s ok JM….

Come on AFC, one goal and game on…….!!!

250. Joaquim moreira

August 28, 2011 at 5:06pm

AW agian on the pitch… one more sent off… :-(

251. goonster

August 28, 2011 at 5:05pm

I can’t feel my legs guys…..WHY OH WHY….

August 28, 2011 at 5:05pm

Oh, and in my post i said De Gea is dodgy on the ground – Theo proved my point……

August 28, 2011 at 5:04pm

Also, Djourou is fast becoming Squilli!!

We need two CH’s now……

Get AA off and bring on someone who actually cares about our club – in face bloody sell him……

August 28, 2011 at 5:02pm

They are the first winners of the WSL JM

Great day for the Ladies……

August 28, 2011 at 5:02pm

The fecking board need to wake up Rocastle and tell Wenger to get on and spend….

Get M’Vila, get Hazzard, go get a bllody striker who can score goals… One who could actually be bothered to get on the end of crosses…

Jeez, Theo gets blasted for his crossing, but when he put the perfect one in today, what did we have – nowt!

256. Joaquim moreira

August 28, 2011 at 5:00pm

What’s the score of the ladies?

August 28, 2011 at 4:59pm

ESP – I agree, they are not doing well, but – just look at the side we have out there..

We have No

TV
    Gibbs
    Jack
    Gervinho
    Song
    Frimpong
    Sagna

I’m not sure if all all them were fit/able, we’d be losing this game….

I know, I know, we should have a squad to deal with it but……

258. Joaquim moreira

August 28, 2011 at 4:59pm

Our fist goal is not to be relegate this year…
    AW out quicky…
    Jenkinson is not a player for Arsenal team
    I repeat the same: 1 central back, 1 left back, 2 or 3 midfields and 1 central forward.
    It’s impossible now running for the title. We are clearly worst then both Mancs, Chelsea, Liverpool, and spurs, we are at level of the others. This is the reality. Why that? since July we know Fabregas,Nasri,Clichy,Denilson, Eboue.. maybe out and we only bought a good player.

259. Rocastle

August 28, 2011 at 4:58pm

Rico. Spot on. Don’t need a change of manager we need a change of philosophy.

August 28, 2011 at 4:56pm

I wonder what difference that penalty would have made….

Wenger out right now would be so so wrong…

What we need is ‘Wenger – go spend the money we have’

261. Rocastle

August 28, 2011 at 4:52pm

If that was at the other end, no free kick. And Robin could take another 99 penalties and never hit one as tameley as that.

Arsenal fan. I reckon you should add the words ‘since Wengers been in charge’ to your screen name.

262. EastSidePaul

August 28, 2011 at 4:50pm

6-1 is on…
    These guys are a bunch of jokes, the worst team I have ever seen.
    Wenger either spends all he has before the weekend or the fans need to be singing for his sacking.

263. K-TR7

August 28, 2011 at 4:47pm

Im callhng my doctor now…i can’t take this shit anymore :(

264. Rocastle

August 28, 2011 at 4:46pm

One person to blame.

265. arsenal fan

August 28, 2011 at 4:43pm

loiu van gaal
    carlo ancelloti
    dennis bergkamp
    even mourinho would come for 7 million rico

August 28, 2011 at 4:42pm

Oh dear oh dear oh dear…….

This gets worse and worse…….

267. arsenal fan

August 28, 2011 at 4:42pm

3-0
    wenger out

August 28, 2011 at 4:38pm

Who in then AF??

August 28, 2011 at 4:36pm

AA is a very very very lucky man – get him off now AW……

270. arsenal fan

August 28, 2011 at 4:34pm

WENGER OUT FOR ME…..DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE THINKS….

August 28, 2011 at 4:32pm

Theo needs to do the same agin, let’s get Jones sent off ;)

August 28, 2011 at 4:31pm

Get Arshavin off – he is dreadful….!!

Mind you, who would come on ;)

August 28, 2011 at 4:27pm

F**K!!!!!

August 28, 2011 at 4:24pm

Bit of a spat between Theo and Jenkinson…..

August 28, 2011 at 4:22pm

Bollox…..

Shocking!

JD again……

August 28, 2011 at 4:16pm

Ooooo errrrrr Arshavin…..

August 28, 2011 at 4:10pm

Walcott – get the fricking ball, pass it ahead of you and beat your defender – it’s bloody simple!!

August 28, 2011 at 4:07pm

AA really is low in confidence – his passing is shocking

August 28, 2011 at 4:06pm

:lol: Kt ….

280. K-TR7

August 28, 2011 at 4:01pm

I have my doctor on speed dial #1 ;)

August 28, 2011 at 4:00pm

I am now dreading this……..

282. EastSidePaul

August 28, 2011 at 3:55pm

As David Haye so poetically put it, this is going to as one sided as a gang rape =(

August 28, 2011 at 3:53pm

Ok. see ya all at full time.
    Stan, don’t forget. Take a cab…….

284. Joaquim moreira

August 28, 2011 at 3:45pm

I’m afraid… at lest we still winning in Liverpool?

August 28, 2011 at 3:45pm

Well it’s good practice for the Carling Cup… :)

286. K-TR7

August 28, 2011 at 3:43pm

5 players on the bench who have never started a PL game :o

287. K-TR7

August 28, 2011 at 3:40pm

Either that team provides the ultimate shock or we get destroyed…im not feeling confident right now :(

August 28, 2011 at 3:40pm

LF OXO MC HL IM Ozyakup Sunu

August 28, 2011 at 3:37pm

Good luck Lee ;)

Kev, don’t know yet….

August 28, 2011 at 3:37pm

We’re that thin on the ground AK, you better give your boots a polish!!

August 28, 2011 at 3:36pm

Kt, it can only happen to us…….

Utd will be out to prove something to Citeh…. :(

Do I watch, or do i drive to Beachy Head ;)

August 28, 2011 at 3:36pm

I’m off to the pub to watch the game…..chat later!! COYG!!!!!

August 28, 2011 at 3:35pm

Whose the subs Rico?

August 28, 2011 at 3:33pm

Ladies 3-1 :)

295. K-TR7

August 28, 2011 at 3:33pm

How can we have so many injuries when we are going to OT?what have we done to deserve this?;(

August 28, 2011 at 3:32pm

Kev – as long as we don’t get battered…. sounds negative but, i’d say it’s being realistic….

However, young players, point to prove, Coq has just had a great tournament, JD needs a great game….

Mancs could be sat wetting themselves with laughter at the team, maybe we’ll shut the arrogant, ignorant gits up and cause a shock ;)

297. arsenalDK

August 28, 2011 at 3:31pm

I love Edin Dzeko :D I hate Man. City!

They are looking horribly good :(

298. K-TR7

August 28, 2011 at 3:30pm

Oh my :( is that our 11?Oh my :( is that our 11?

299. Joaquim moreira

August 28, 2011 at 3:26pm

I remember a team since a few years scored many goals until this year…
    yes rico, I can’t follow it. Are in the 2sd half ? 1-2? or 1-3 now? :-)

August 28, 2011 at 3:26pm

I just our lads give a good account of themselves.
    We’re gonna lose, but as long as our players give everything for 90mins then i won’t complain….
    Tottenham bottom of the League……
    That’s where Harry came in..!

August 28, 2011 at 3:24pm

Rico :lol:

302. Joaquim moreira

August 28, 2011 at 3:23pm

Dzeko again…

August 28, 2011 at 3:23pm

5-1, jeeeeeez……

Hope Will hasn’t watched this game…..

August 28, 2011 at 3:22pm

JM, that’s the Ladies score, i’m a big fan…. ;)

August 28, 2011 at 3:21pm

Maybe it is right….

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeet :(

August 28, 2011 at 3:21pm

Hope your all sitting down…………………………………….

Sagna AND Vermaelen have failed fitness tests….

Djourou and Koscielny to start…..

August 28, 2011 at 3:20pm

No TV????

That line up cannot be right….

308. Joaquim moreira

August 28, 2011 at 3:20pm

1-2 ? Uff…. What time is it now?

August 28, 2011 at 3:20pm

Arsenal

Szczesny, Jenkinson, Koscielny, Djourou, Traore, Ramsey, Coquelin, Walcott, Rosicky, Arshavin, van Persie

August 28, 2011 at 3:18pm

1-2 Ladies :(

August 28, 2011 at 3:14pm

Fingers crossed Rico

August 28, 2011 at 3:14pm

Should have ben ten by now ;)

August 28, 2011 at 3:14pm

Tell you what i think re Cahill – he’ll put in a transfer request before tuesday if bolton don’t sort it out…..

JM, the prices you report are enough to suggest wenger won’t buy :(

Kev – I knew you’d see things my way before long ;) ;)

August 28, 2011 at 3:13pm

Should have been 5

August 28, 2011 at 3:11pm

But we have to offer the right money for him Kev, will AW do that??

Cahill wants to join us, there is no doubt about that but, it’s not down to him until Jan…

I just hope he wants to join us bad enough that he refuses to go anywhere else…. In fact, maybe that is why no-one else has made a bid, maybe Coyle knows he will only sign for us??

August 28, 2011 at 3:11pm

I do………
    Then Dein would be doing the transfers and not that idiot Gazides.

317. Joaquim moreira

August 28, 2011 at 3:11pm

yes, and we sold Nasri so cheaper..