About these ads

Well, is he??

So, we have all heard the rumours about Juan Mata, if they are to believed then the player should be signed up before The Emirates Cup, that would be some signing to cheer us all up wouldn’t it?

Going along with this rumour, the price is rumoured to be around the £15 Million mark, £23 million less than Citeh have just spent on their new addition, Sergio Aguero.

Aguero is a 23 year old striker and his career stats are:

290 Games played

125 Goals scored

41 Assists

Not bad eh, especially as he’s nowhere near his peak.

Juan Mata is a 23 year old midfielder/winger and his career stats are:

211 Games played

56 Goals scored

No matter what I put into google, I couldn’t find out how many assists Mata has but I bet it’s a few, just last season he scored eight goals with 12 assists.

Either way, if Arsene Wenger gets Mata for the price suggested in the media, who has the better deal?

£38 Million v’s £15 Million, I’d said it was Arsene Wenger, wouldn’t you?? Add to that, I bet the wages wouldn’t be anywhere near what Citeh are paying their new man…

Now compare that to Samir Nasri:

290 Games played

39 Goals scored

43 Assists

I think it’s pretty clear to see that if we sell Nasri, Mata could very well be a better player for us over the longer term and hopefully he won’t want to leave for the next five or six years and I doubt if he will demand £120K a week…

All we need now is afc.com to give us all the good news…..

Russian Midfielder Alan Dzagoev is the latest player to be linked to us and Andrey Arshavin backs him all the way.

I think Alan is the most talented young footballer from Russia, I hope he can develop as a player and he will be the key member of the national team.

Suggestion is that yet again it’s us and Arry’s lot that are interested in bring the Russian to the Premier League, however it’s rumoured that he wants to move to the Chavs… idiot!

Finally, reports are again rife that we have finally signed Joel Campbell, this bit of news comes from the media in Costa Rica….

Friday today, that’s signing day, let’s hope it’s a corker for us fans….

Have a good one….

About these ads

178 Responses to Striker and Winger In? Russian Ace Next? Is Wenger about to make Citeh look a bit daft??

1. Will says:

I still have a great feeling about this window.

Morning Rico and HH’sers.

2. evans says:

i gree with 150%,nasri is only proud of a half a season this boy should be allowed to go for even 1m.even we do not need a replacement for him.but fab4 isirreplaceable not even xavi can replace him

3. GunnerPete says:

It seems , at last, that this time our board are not going to pocket all the money from selling one or two of our WENGER made stars….and about bloody time too!

If selling Cesc and the disloyal Nasri for a combined £60 million quid and we spend £50 mill on 5 players it can only be better than last year cant it? After all, Cesc only played half the games and some of them his mind was in Spain. Nasri played well in the summer and faded so badly he should not have been paid. So if the new guys, Gervihno, Mata, Miyachi, Jagielka, Jenkinson, and another midfielder…..play to their strengths added to the fact that we should be shot of , Bentner, Almunia, Denilson, Eboue etc. all looks bright.

Go on Arsene keep showing the doubters (inc me) how daft we are.

4. duck says:

You can’t compare a striker and a midfielder’s stats like that.

5. arsenal4ever says:

here you have all his stats. Impressive if you think he wasnt part of Barca or Madrid for his prof career

6. Dave says:

I would be very happy if we signed Jagielka and Mata. Jagielka in particular. But I will believe it when I see it.

7. Judith Le'Strange says:

Perhaps the Board have been reading all the bad press they’ve been getting from the Arsenal fans re their miserly spending and the fact that Wenger should have been sacked. Let’s hope all the press reports about us signing Mata and Jagailka are true plus another striker would be going the right way to showing signs of things to come for the new season.

8. samchixp says:

If this is true then we are in 4a terrific season omg! I jst can’t wait @ all

9. goonerstan says:

Morning all…..rico does it MATA that we are selling nasri to shitty……kick him I say…..kick him all the way to Manchester what does that matter…..we ve got MATA

10. Will says:

Guys, all we need now is a proper DM and we are set.

11. rico says:

Morning Guys and Gals, sorry, had a busy couple of hours and couldn’t get to those in moderation…

12. rico says:

Nothing confirmed yet about Mata or campbell so hold your horses stan ;) ;)

Hi Will and a CH…

13. Great blog l agree if we do buy these players the future is bright !!!

14. Will says:

If we get Mata and a CB and we already have Gerv, all we will need is a top class DM.

15. rico says:

Hi Diane, good to see another lady on here, thanks re the blog :)

16. rico says:

We still need a LB Will, and we haven’t confirmed any of the linked players yet, i’m hanging until it’s confirmed, or not…..

17. K-TR7 says:

Morning all.sorry about your mum rico.i really hope she has a quick recovery.

18. goonerstan says:

Yeah rico but a guy can dream right….everything is just falling into place…..now sell that twat nasri to shitty and my perfect dream is realized…….o happy day

19. K-TR7 says:

According to the spanish media Valencia have contacted madrid over a loan deal for Sergio canales who is thought to be a replacement for Mata…is it REALLY happening?

20. rico says:

For sure stan, i been dreaming for the last five seasons :) My feet are firmly planted on the floor though right now….

Agree re Nasri, let him go now and spend the money….

Was shocked about the Campbell news, Wikki have again updated saying he’s an afc player…

21. rico says:

Hi Kt, not yet……. ;)

22. goonerstan says:

Of course KT have u not been listening to me….we ve got MATA….we ve got MATA…..we ve got MATA

23. Will says:

I am not sure we do need a LB, maybe, given a run, Gibbs will surprise you all.

24. rico says:

He’ll surprise me if he’s still fit for the third fixture of the season Will….

25. rico says:

Any more news on Lucas Biglia??

26. goonerstan says:

Rico I just can’t stand him…here is a guy who can only boast of one assist all season yet he’s holding the whole gooner nation to ransom what’s he done for us in his three years with us. Statistically theo was a more effective player than him last season…so fuck him we ve got MATAAAAA

27. Will says:

Injuries are a fair point Rico but why are you not calling for a replacement for Robin?

28. K-TR7 says:

Are we really signing Mata?

29. rico says:

I understand stan, IF we get Mata, I can see Nasri being sold – and the way things are going with Barca, Cesc could very well be the one to stay….

Because Will we have many strikers, Gibbs is not only injury prone, he’s not very strong when he is fit imho…

30. K-TR7 says:

Mata-rvp-Gerv upfront…it looks like Arsene is really working on our wingplay.that forward line would be a delight to watch.eally working on our wingplay.that forward line would be a delight to watch.

31. arsenal fan says:

mata stats are good but still …..the spanish league isnt that great to be honest they just have 4 to 5 very good teams other teams are very average while in the epl any team on their day can beat anyone…….however mata is a very good player and rate him a lot…..he carried most of the burden for valencia when silva and villa left……

32. rico says:

We haven’t got him yet guys, remember the Ricky rumour, this could yet go wrong, i hope not though….

Hi af

33. goonerstan says:

The tabloids keep rapping about how we are now a “small” club,how we are now at par with everton and aston villa. Some even suggested that the abomination on seven sisters road are a bigger club than us but guess what first gervinho and now MATA have both rejected moves to the spuds…..who’s laughing now?

34. Mr islington says:

Yes Arsene,Please be true!!!

Im getting excited now,i cant help it ;)

35. K-TR7 says:

I don’t want to get excited yet rico but can you imagine if we pulled this off?

36. Will says:

Anyone think there will be a couple of announcments during the Emirates Cup?

37. Mr islington says:

But we have been here before and i’m just hoping this is not another how close we were again!

38. K-TR7 says:

It looks increasingly likely that we’ll sign Jagielka too.am not that excited about him to be honest.

39. Mr islington says:

Will,

I have a gut feeling something bigs about to happen over the weekend.

40. Mr islington says:

Jags or squ?????……..Id take the jag all day long over him.

I will be in the “IN ARSENE WE TRUST” brigade if he pulls this off,this is all i wanted Wenger to do.

Bring some proven talent in and we will be a force trust me.

41. Will says:

It is repported that Mata himself is saying he is joining us.

42. pacman says:

Mata, Jagielka, Campell and we are good to go.. Nasri can leave and with Fifalona not willing to pay 4 Cesc he stays..

If this happens the English press shouldnt have soo much to moan about and we would be ready 4 the season!

43. K-TR7 says:

Pool bought downing for £20mil.imagine us buying Mata and Gerv for a combined £25mil?two wide forwards both better than downing for only £5mil more.maybe steve’s recent post about Arsene and poker was really spot on.if he pulls that off it will be quite a coup.a combined £25mil?two wide forwards both better than downing for only £5mil more.maybe steve’s recent post about Arsene and poker was really spot on.if he pulls that off it will be quite a coup.

44. K-TR7 says:

I’m trying to hold my horses but i just can’t help it.there is an optimistic feel about Arsenal this week.

45. arsenal fan says:

whos this campbell guy?is it joel campbell from south america

46. Mr islington says:

K-T,

Ive said all along that a couple of signing’s and the whole fan base attitude would change.

Mata is a class player and the sort of guy that could easily make us forget Nasri.

47. Will says:

If we get them, we will be set but please Arsene’, get a proper DM.

48. Mr islington says:

We will make Liverpool’s dealing’s look terrible.
    Who know’s who else we are after,this could turn into one of our best summers in the market.

49. rico says:

Morning Mr Is…

50. rico says:

Biglia Will, he’s linked…

51. Will says:

I have never heard of him.

52. rico says:

You all sound very confident, this is Wenger we are talking about ;) ;)

53. rico says:

Luca Biglia – Will, the link was in my post a couple of days ago, see, you don’t read them ;) ;)

54. Will says:

I thought it was another kid.

55. rico says:

Looks like we are going to accept Norwich’s offer for Lansbury :(

56. rico says:

No, 25 year old Argie who plays for Anderlecht

57. Will says:

That pisses me off, we give Diaby all those tries and don’t give Lansbury a game.

58. K-TR7 says:

When i think of jagielka i have images of nasri breezing past him at Goodison last season.

59. rico says:

Exactly what I have been saying and most fans Will.. I thought after your comment about him the other day you understood why he was going…

Like said yesterday, money cannot buy passion and Lansbury is an Arsenal fan, he’d be a perfect modern day Parlour or even Grimandi :)

60. Mr islington says:

Morning Rico,

Im hearing thou that we have a buy back clause in Henri’s contract.It’s better than nothing i suppose.

61. rico says:

Thanks Mr Is, I didn’t realise we had the buy back, good, that is better news, i think he’s going to be a great footballer….

Bet we haven’t got the same with JET ;)

SS’s say Citeh are still monitoring Nasri, good :)

62. Mr islington says:

JET is a 20% sell on clause i believe.

Yh it’s only a Mata of time before Nasri f%$£ off :lol:

63. rico says:

Jeez, i hope the Mata story is true, but Jags, i hope he’s a smokescreen for Samba or Cahill….

Couple of hundred coming our way one then Mr Is ;) I think he’ll do well and will end up somewhere better than Ipswich….

If he saorts his head out….

64. Will says:

Jet seems to believe his own hype and it seems to me that Wenger doesn’t keep those types.

65. rico says:

SS’s are reporting the Biglia link, the guy wants to play in the PL to keep up his international chances…

66. rico says:

You’d think JET would have learned after what happened with Jerome Thomas….

67. Will says:

And Bothroyd.

68. rico says:

Coyle has said they have had a few enquiries for Cahill but no offer, he says if a club want him, they should make the offer or leave him alone…

Arsene, pick up the phone :)

69. rico says:

Yep, and him Will, we have had a few haven’t we….

70. rico says:

Popping off for an hour, back in a bit…..

71. K-TR7 says:

Is £€$¥ sharkface gone yet?

72. W.A.T.H says:

KT are u getting all excited………….? ;-)

73. K-TR7 says:

I was earlier this morning wath but then it hit me,this is Arsene we’re talking about.expect him to peg down the excitement this afternoon with the same old quotes.expect ‘financial doping’ ‘working overnight’ ‘short backlift’ ‘quality and mental strength’ among others.

74. K-TR7 says:

Diaby has undergone an ankle surgery and will be back at the end of August-AW.

75. W.A.T.H says:

Well its down also to the media bollox as well mate, every hour a story changes, as I always say expect nothing be happy when it happens and until a player is in an Arsenal shit then we aint bought him and unless a player is wearing another teams shirt we aint sold him either……!

76. W.A.T.H says:

See we cant even sell that useless muppet cos he’s never fit enough to pass a medical anywhere else…………! :-)

77. Will says:

I have stoped watching SSN all day. They try to geenerate stories and that drives us insane.

78. goonerstan says:

MATAAAAA!!! Am high on Mara ladies and gentlemen…don’t judge me. I ll be fine in MATA of days when he’s finally unveiled then we can kick that short cuss nashit to manchester…..MATAAAA

79. W.A.T.H says:

Don’t get to carried away just yet Stan……..!! It’s by no means a done deal…! Just keep your fingers crossed.

80. irish gooner says:

having a corker in cork already,,mata to be signed today i hope

81. goonerstan says:

Am sorry WATH I think av gone overboard already…..its just that its been long we unveiled two class players…..can’t remember the last time….gallas and baptista?

82. W.A.T.H says:

I’d say more than that Stan and lets be happy with one at a time if and when it happens…!

83. goonerstan says:

I read somewhere that he confirmed he ll be joining arsenal….am so excited. I watched this guy against manure last season in the champions league he shone like a million stars took that french twat evra to the cleaners…Lord God in heaven I can’t wait…..kick out that whore samir and usher in the age of MATAAAA.

84. Doc Brody says:

If your going to compare Mata to Nasri, I don’t think you should look at every game of their whole career, but just the last year when they both had regular first team football week in week out. So how do the stats compare over that time period?

85. K-TR7 says:

Stan hold your horses man.

86. goonerstan says:

I don’t care for stats doc….am so drunk on MATAAA besides he’s a world cup winner and that creep nasri isn’t…he plays for a crap valencia side and managed 9 goals and numerous assist while nasri played for an arsenal side boasting of players like RVP ashavin fabregas etc yet could only manage one assist…..one assist for the whole season! For the life of me I don’t what he’s harping about for…..create a bidding war and sell him to the highest bidder….I don’t care. I just don’t wanna see him in arsenal shirt any longer.

87. goonerstan says:

Am trying KT but I just can’t control it…..I have a feeling we are going to see the old wenger back. The one that took us through a whole season without losing a game. The pre-emirates wenger.

88. stu says:

mata will be a hell of signing and will truly confirm that cesc is off – WHICH IS A GOOD THING!!!

Jagielka will be a good sining and will there will be good competition at the back – a jagielka vermaelen partnership could be very good!

but i will believe it when i see it!!!!!!

89. arsenal fan says:

gooner stan pls relax……you are getting me going to…..pls pls let it be true

90. arsenal fan says:

diaby out for 10 weeks……

91. W.A.T.H says:

I’m not keen on Jagielka at all if am honest, if we’re gonna go to 15mil for him then surely Cahill or damba are both better options, both younger both less injury prone Cahill loads more potentila and Samba prob the most aggressive and bigest of the three, Jag would be 3rd choice for me and I really hope we’re not gonna get him and its a smokescreen to get one of the other two..! What if we tell barca to once and for all go take a hike Cesc is staying your messing about goodnight and godbless… otherwise known as piss off…! Mata joins Narsi leaves and all we then short of is a defensive midfielder to really have a squad thats capable of competing again.

92. goonerstan says:

Am sorry WATH I don’t see barca meeting our valuation those bastards are skint besides they have a heir apparent in thiago alcantara there’s no way they ll spend 40million on an injury prone cesc but hey what does it matter….we ve got MATAAA

93. W.A.T.H says:

Me neither Stan so its about time we told them to piss off, pay up or shut up…!

If cesc ain’t happy then tough, if he still wants to leave then we tell him no problem your hereby for sale to the highest bidder…!

94. goonerstan says:

If wenger pulls this off…I ll stop criticizing him and join the AKB….hell I even run for its presidency…..bring on mmmmataaaaaaa!

95. W.A.T.H says:

One Mata don’t make a summer either Stan ;-)

96. goonerstan says:

it does to me WATH……it does.

97. Joaquim Moreira says:

hi!
    always the same speculation!
    We haven’t a team and a squad.

98. rico says:

Diaby out for ten weeks, we should have taken the 10million offered for him…. !!

Afternoon All :)

99. T-buzz says:

Bonjour y’all!
    Anyone knows if the Emirates Cup will be televised?

100. W.A.T.H says:

When would that muppet of ever of passed a medical Rico…? no chance…!

101. W.A.T.H says:

TB……. Allo mate where you been hiding….. Not seen that its on tv mate but am sure it will be streamed somewhere on the net…!

102. rico says:

Hi JM, no news confirmed yet…. Hope you are having a lovely holiday?

Hi Tbuzz, long time no hear, you still having a hectic time??

It’s on ESPN this year, not Sky Sports channels…

103. allezkev says:

Diaby out for 10 weeks.
    Wath are you ok mate?
    I know it must be devestating news.
    Nevermind, Denilson back in 12 months.
    Hold onto that thought…..haha. :-D:-D

104. arsenal fan says:

gooner stan you look so confident that mata is ours?
    im still not convinced……

105. rico says:

Good point WATH, i still don’t know how he passed one with us, he’s worse than RvP, at RvP is good when he does play….

106. rico says:

af, nor am I :(

I keep thinking ‘Ricky Allavez’…….

107. W.A.T.H says:

Thanx AK am far happier now you reminded me of that great news…! Isn’t it time for you to go back erecting things…?
    :P

108. allezkev says:

Hey Rico.
    What’s aMata then? :-D

109. allezkev says:

Be home soon buddy. Lata

110. T-buzz says:

Thanks WATH.
    Yeah, I’m fine thanks, been really busy with work and playing daddy to my 3mth baby. He brightens my mood after every hectic day!! lol

Hey Ricolicious, I didnt even recognised Highbury House at 1st,I see youve been very busy with the site. Good on ya!
    I’ll be at the Emirates tomorrow anyway with my older boy but i was hoping i could Sky+ the games to watch later.

111. T-buzz says:

Juan thing I’ll be happy about is if we are able to wrap up this Mata quickly! :)
    Wenger needs to Buy a Jag(ielka)to before the Blue Dippers change their mind. Or is he going to dance to Samba? Hmmm………..

112. W.A.T.H says:

I’ve not seen its on sky TB….. glad to hear all ok with you mate even with a few sleepless nights ;-)

113. rico says:

Hey kev, you back now??

114. rico says:

Good to hear all is well with your bundle of joy Tbuzz :)

Got bored with AFC no news one day so had a play around with HH, hope it looks a bit better ;)

I signed up to ESPN through Sky, costs £9 a month but the first three months are free, after one month you can cancel without any fee – I do it evey footie season then cancel as soon as we have no more games being shown :)

115. rico says:

Emirates Cup 2011 – Rules and Regulations

* The tournament will be played in a league system, with the team that amasses the highest number of points over its two games taking home the Emirates Cup trophy.
    * Three points are awarded for a win, with one for a draw. NOTE: As opposed to previous Emirates Cups, points are no longer awarded for goals scored.
    * Goal difference will be the deciding factor if two or more teams finish level on points – and if they still can’t be split, then the number of goals scored will come into play.
    * In the event that two or more teams still have identical records after goals difference and goals scored, shots on target over the course of the tournament will be used to decide the winner of the tournament.
    * The trophy will be shared if teams still have identical records.
    * Each match will be 45 minutes each half, with a 15 minutes half time interval. No additional time will be played.
    * Each team will be permitted to name 11 substitutes per match, of which a maximum of six can be used.
    * A player(s) who is sent from the field of play during the Emirates Cup for either a straight red card or two yellow cards in one match shall be suspended for the remainder of the tournament.
    * Possible suspensions for domestic matches further to a dismissal in the Emirates Cup will be down to the discretion of the match referee including the incident in his match report and will be decided by the national football association of the competing club.
    * The Emirates Cup trophy will be presented by Laurie Berryman, Vice President UK & Ireland, Emirates.
    * In the spirit of fair play, the teams will line up to greet each other before each match.

116. goonerstan says:

What is the MATA y’all? Why so glum? It doesn’t matter though cause we ve got MATAAAA

117. rico says:

Nowts the ‘mata’ kev, just want these signings confirmed… ;)

118. T-buzz says:

I’m not getting excited untill i see the player on AFC holding a jersey with his name on the back and then trys and fumbles the words, “Hi, I am (insert name here) and I am Gooner. I very happy to join Massive club with Massive manager Arseen Venger and play next to Ses Fabegrass and Nassi”

119. Will says:

Why do we keep Diaby?

120. T-buzz says:

Becoause he is Wenger’s love child, Will.

On that note, have a great weekend people! Come on The Arsenal!! Lets start winning tropies starting with our own Cuppa!!

121. arsenal fan says:

rumours are that juan mata could be announced as soon as tomorrow…..
    is there a aw conference anytime soon…..

122. goonerstan says:

Get in Tbuzz……we ve MATAAAA

123. Will says:

If Mata has been signed, I hope we get a top class commanding centre back and a top class proper defensive midfielder within the next few weeks.

124. rico says:

Philippe Auclair – French journo reports that Mata and his family will be at The Emirates Cup over the weekend…..

125. rico says:

Ditto T-buzz, he can do no wrong can he…..

126. rico says:

:lol: Tbuzz, not Nas though, he can go to Citeh if he won’t sign….

But, if we do get Mata, CH, LB and a DM, he may just think twice about signing a new contract….

He’d be a pretty good sub ;)

127. goonerstan says:

We ve got MATAAA

128. Will says:

‘Unsettled’ Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas will take no part in this weekend’s Emirates Cup.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger confirmed at Friday afternoon’s press conference ahead of the competition that his captain would not play.

Fabregas’ omission comes as Barcelona are looking to bring the World Cup winner back to the Camp Nou but Arsenal remain determined to hold out for a £40million fee.

The Spanish ace has not featured in any of Arsenal’s pre-season games, with the club saying he needs to work on his match fitness following a troublesome hamstring.

“He is not settled, with his injury and his situation. That has to be sorted out soon.”
    Arsene Wenger Quotes of the week

Confirming his continued omission, Wenger said: “He is not settled, with his injury and his situation.

“That has to be sorted out soon.”

129. rico says:

Oh dear stan, i hope you don’t end up too disappointed ;)

130. goonerstan says:

No rico my gut feeling is he’s been signed already…..I just can’t wait….MATAAAA

131. rico says:

It would have leaked stan, surely??

Will, cracking, we all needed Wenger to confirm that he’s unsettled didn’t we ;) He has been for two years :lol:

132. Will says:

At least Wenger is speaking about it now.

133. rico says:

Fair point Will, PHW has said today in his paper that we are soon going to tell Barca to take a run a jump…

How must Cesc feel, all this talk about how Barca want him but they certainly can’t rate him that high or they’d pay the going price….

Unless they are happy to wait for him to be in his last year of contract?

134. goonerstan says:

U are right about that rico….it would av leaked but what does it matter…..We ve got MATAAAAAAAA

135. rico says:

Great news on Young Guns

Arsène Wenger has confirmed he intends to hang onto Henri Lansbury and Ryo Miyaichi, as speculation about their futures intensifies.

Lansbury has consistently been linked with a return to loan club Norwich City during the summer, while some have also suggested he may be used as a a potential make-weight in the club’s search for a Premier League centre back. Henri is yet to feature for the first-team since returning from the Under 21 European Championships, but that’s down to a fitness issue.

Wenger moved during his pre-Emirates Cup press conference to set out his stance on Lansbury.

“Henri has the talent to play for Arsenal football club, and he has a chance to play for us this season.”

Lansbury may well get a chance to impress during the Emirates Cup, as registration problems relating to his work permit situation are expected to rule Ryo Miyaichi out. However, Wenger did confirm his desire to keep the Japanese winger at the club for the forthcoming season.

An indication of which youngsters will be involved should come tonight, when Neil Banfield selects a Reserve XI to take on Borehamwood.

136. rico says:

Eleven subs allowed this weekend, Lansbury will surely get on, can’t wait for the footie….
    :lol: stan, you stay positive….

137. Will says:

I wish Wenger or Gazidis would come out in the press or on SSN and say the truth, they are trying to cheat us and take the micky. The price is £40M, if you want the player, you have seven days to match that.

138. rico says:

I think they have Will in their own way….

139. Will says:

I wish I owned Arsenal.

140. rico says:

I’m glad you don’t – you wouldn’t spend any money ;)

141. Will says:

Oh I would, but no one would take the piss out of us.

142. rico says:

Will, I’m jesting……

143. goonerstan says:

Great news on henri…..he’s a gooner and he’s got the kinda attitude we need in that team…..save him for the scrap against bolton blackburn and the abominable stoke city…..but am really worried about ryodinho something tells me he might not win his appeal for a work permit…thanks to how we abused it by bringing in denilson and song on special talent visas…..oh well atleast we ve got MATAAAA

144. Will says:

STan, I really hope for your sanity we have signed the guy.

145. goonerstan says:

Will I can’t feel my toes and I have lost my voice…but who cares we ve got MATAAAA

146. rico says:

Agree re Lansbury stan, maybe Wenger thought Henderson had more about him but now he’s out, the door is firmly opened for Henri..

They say when one door closes…..

147. goonerstan says:

Yeah rico but we have tons of players with henderson’s ability and few of lansbury’s…..I think its a blessing in disguise. Come on henri give it your all have a flamini-esque season and they will be begging you to stay..

148. rico says:

I wouldn’t say a blessing stan, poor lad ;) I think maybe the diaby one could be ;)

149. rico says:

Nurse duties for me, back a bit later…..

150. goonerstan says:

No I didn’t mean henderson’s injury…remember when gilberto went to the COPA and came back exhausted…flamini took his place and never looked back…that is what I meant….

151. JonJon says:

bonjour mon amigos :)

love what u have done to the place rico..
    matas a great player and im tasting that transfer..

hope lansbury gets a pop in midfield.. :)

152. arsenalDK says:

Hello everyone.. What’s with all the Mata euphoria? Hill Wood has stated that we’re not close to signing anyone…

153. Will says:

I will believe it when he is in the shirt.

154. rico says:

Howdy JJ, thanks re the blog, thought i’d brighten it up a bit :)

How you doing??

Hi ADK, PHW is a twurp ;)

Will, you and me both….

155. rico says:

I think PHW has said that as the club want to make The Emirates Cup a bit special ;)

156. Will says:

If they do, they want the AC MIlan’s and Barca’s of this world.

Wenger is now saying his signings will be sooner rather than later.

157. rico says:

Good to hear him say that Will, he’s feeling confident i guess…

I’m getting ready to eat large portions of humble pie and i cannot wait….. :P

158. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all,
    Movement at last, away for ten minutes and talk of 35mill spending spree, tell me this is paper talk so i can breath again

159. stevepalmer1 says:

Rico, i also like the new wallpaper, maybe the ins on one side and the outs on the other side, with one or two gaps for the maybe’s

160. Will says:

I still have a great feeling.

161. stevepalmer1 says:

Hi Will you all right mate,
    Got to agree with you i have also started to get a good feeling too

162. stevepalmer1 says:

I know nothing is concrete yet, but i have honestly thought that we would do business, but that bugger keeps you waiting for such a long time, you do start to wonder

163. rico says:

Evening Steve

I like your idea but I cannot work out how to put things left and right, don’t think wordpress caters for such a sensible idea… ;)

164. Will says:

I am good Steve, I have been saying all along I feel good about this window.

165. stevepalmer1 says:

Been doing some long days and not had a chance to get up to date, can anybody tell me about what games if any is being screened for the Ems Cup, and helo rico hope mums a bit better today

166. stevepalmer1 says:

Glad to hear it Will, i see good news has made JJ surface, always good to read his comments

167. stevepalmer1 says:

Can’t help you there rico i am just getting used to turning the bugger on and off, ha ha

168. rico says:

The Emirates Cup is live on ESPN…

Thanks Steve, She’ll be much better when the plaster is off ;)

169. rico says:

I’m off for the day folks, you all have a good eveing,

Til tomorrow…..

Nighty Night..

170. rico says:

:lol: Steve, you and me both – bring back pen and paper ;)

Or a board with chalk….. :lol:

Nighty…

171. stevepalmer1 says:

Would be wouldnt it, i don’t have that, maybe i can catch a stream

172. stevepalmer1 says:

Night rico, or should i say Florence

173. stevepalmer1 says:

Anyone still out there or are you all having an early one in readyness for the Ems cup

174. stevepalmer1 says:

Tea or coffee steve,

175. Will says:

I am here

176. allezkev says:

Great news about Lansbury, eh Rico? Hopefully Wenger will give him & Bartley some opportunities to secure a future at Arsenal.
    It’s late but Stan’s excitement is catching. Wonder what he would be like if we signed Benzema. :-D?
    Looking forward to the games over the weekend. Ryo not playing is a shame, but there’s plenty to look forward to. Not least Gervinho making his home debut.
    Getting some good vibes..
    See ya’ll lata