Well, is he??

So, we have all heard the rumours about Juan Mata, if they are to believed then the player should be signed up before The Emirates Cup, that would be some signing to cheer us all up wouldn’t it?

Going along with this rumour, the price is rumoured to be around the £15 Million mark, £23 million less than Citeh have just spent on their new addition, Sergio Aguero.

Aguero is a 23 year old striker and his career stats are:

290 Games played

125 Goals scored

41 Assists

Not bad eh, especially as he’s nowhere near his peak.

Juan Mata is a 23 year old midfielder/winger and his career stats are:

211 Games played

56 Goals scored

No matter what I put into google, I couldn’t find out how many assists Mata has but I bet it’s a few, just last season he scored eight goals with 12 assists.

Either way, if Arsene Wenger gets Mata for the price suggested in the media, who has the better deal?

£38 Million v’s £15 Million, I’d said it was Arsene Wenger, wouldn’t you?? Add to that, I bet the wages wouldn’t be anywhere near what Citeh are paying their new man…

Now compare that to Samir Nasri:

290 Games played

39 Goals scored

43 Assists

I think it’s pretty clear to see that if we sell Nasri, Mata could very well be a better player for us over the longer term and hopefully he won’t want to leave for the next five or six years and I doubt if he will demand £120K a week…

All we need now is afc.com to give us all the good news…..

Russian Midfielder Alan Dzagoev is the latest player to be linked to us and Andrey Arshavin backs him all the way.

I think Alan is the most talented young footballer from Russia, I hope he can develop as a player and he will be the key member of the national team.

Suggestion is that yet again it’s us and Arry’s lot that are interested in bring the Russian to the Premier League, however it’s rumoured that he wants to move to the Chavs… idiot!

Finally, reports are again rife that we have finally signed Joel Campbell, this bit of news comes from the media in Costa Rica….

Friday today, that’s signing day, let’s hope it’s a corker for us fans….

Have a good one….

178 thoughts on “Striker and Winger In? Russian Ace Next? Is Wenger about to make Citeh look a bit daft??

1. Will

July 29, 2011 at 9:40am

I still have a great feeling about this window.

Morning Rico and HH’sers.

2. evans

July 29, 2011 at 9:55am

i gree with 150%,nasri is only proud of a half a season this boy should be allowed to go for even 1m.even we do not need a replacement for him.but fab4 isirreplaceable not even xavi can replace him

3. GunnerPete

July 29, 2011 at 10:00am

It seems , at last, that this time our board are not going to pocket all the money from selling one or two of our WENGER made stars….and about bloody time too!

If selling Cesc and the disloyal Nasri for a combined £60 million quid and we spend £50 mill on 5 players it can only be better than last year cant it? After all, Cesc only played half the games and some of them his mind was in Spain. Nasri played well in the summer and faded so badly he should not have been paid. So if the new guys, Gervihno, Mata, Miyachi, Jagielka, Jenkinson, and another midfielder…..play to their strengths added to the fact that we should be shot of , Bentner, Almunia, Denilson, Eboue etc. all looks bright.

Go on Arsene keep showing the doubters (inc me) how daft we are.

4. duck

July 29, 2011 at 10:01am

You can’t compare a striker and a midfielder’s stats like that.

5. Dave

July 29, 2011 at 10:28am

I would be very happy if we signed Jagielka and Mata. Jagielka in particular. But I will believe it when I see it.

6. Judith Le'Strange

July 29, 2011 at 10:33am

Perhaps the Board have been reading all the bad press they’ve been getting from the Arsenal fans re their miserly spending and the fact that Wenger should have been sacked. Let’s hope all the press reports about us signing Mata and Jagailka are true plus another striker would be going the right way to showing signs of things to come for the new season.

7. samchixp

July 29, 2011 at 10:34am

If this is true then we are in 4a terrific season omg! I jst can’t wait @ all

8. goonerstan

July 29, 2011 at 10:38am

Morning all…..rico does it MATA that we are selling nasri to shitty……kick him I say…..kick him all the way to Manchester what does that matter…..we ve got MATA

9. Will

July 29, 2011 at 10:41am

Guys, all we need now is a proper DM and we are set.

July 29, 2011 at 10:42am

Morning Guys and Gals, sorry, had a busy couple of hours and couldn’t get to those in moderation…

July 29, 2011 at 10:43am

Nothing confirmed yet about Mata or campbell so hold your horses stan ;) ;)

Hi Will and a CH…

12. Diane Lancaster

July 29, 2011 at 10:45am

Great blog l agree if we do buy these players the future is bright !!!

13. Will

July 29, 2011 at 10:46am

If we get Mata and a CB and we already have Gerv, all we will need is a top class DM.

July 29, 2011 at 10:54am

Hi Diane, good to see another lady on here, thanks re the blog :)

July 29, 2011 at 10:56am

We still need a LB Will, and we haven’t confirmed any of the linked players yet, i’m hanging until it’s confirmed, or not…..

16. K-TR7

July 29, 2011 at 10:58am

Morning all.sorry about your mum rico.i really hope she has a quick recovery.

17. goonerstan

July 29, 2011 at 10:59am

Yeah rico but a guy can dream right….everything is just falling into place…..now sell that twat nasri to shitty and my perfect dream is realized…….o happy day

18. K-TR7

July 29, 2011 at 11:01am

According to the spanish media Valencia have contacted madrid over a loan deal for Sergio canales who is thought to be a replacement for Mata…is it REALLY happening?

July 29, 2011 at 11:04am

For sure stan, i been dreaming for the last five seasons :) My feet are firmly planted on the floor though right now….

Agree re Nasri, let him go now and spend the money….

Was shocked about the Campbell news, Wikki have again updated saying he’s an afc player…

July 29, 2011 at 11:04am

Hi Kt, not yet……. ;)

21. goonerstan

July 29, 2011 at 11:06am

Of course KT have u not been listening to me….we ve got MATA….we ve got MATA…..we ve got MATA

22. Will

July 29, 2011 at 11:09am

I am not sure we do need a LB, maybe, given a run, Gibbs will surprise you all.

July 29, 2011 at 11:11am

He’ll surprise me if he’s still fit for the third fixture of the season Will….

July 29, 2011 at 11:13am

Any more news on Lucas Biglia??

25. goonerstan

July 29, 2011 at 11:13am

Rico I just can’t stand him…here is a guy who can only boast of one assist all season yet he’s holding the whole gooner nation to ransom what’s he done for us in his three years with us. Statistically theo was a more effective player than him last season…so fuck him we ve got MATAAAAA

26. Will

July 29, 2011 at 11:15am

Injuries are a fair point Rico but why are you not calling for a replacement for Robin?

27. K-TR7

July 29, 2011 at 11:20am

Are we really signing Mata?

July 29, 2011 at 11:24am

I understand stan, IF we get Mata, I can see Nasri being sold – and the way things are going with Barca, Cesc could very well be the one to stay….

Because Will we have many strikers, Gibbs is not only injury prone, he’s not very strong when he is fit imho…

29. K-TR7

July 29, 2011 at 11:31am

Mata-rvp-Gerv upfront…it looks like Arsene is really working on our wingplay.that forward line would be a delight to watch.eally working on our wingplay.that forward line would be a delight to watch.

30. arsenal fan

July 29, 2011 at 11:40am

mata stats are good but still …..the spanish league isnt that great to be honest they just have 4 to 5 very good teams other teams are very average while in the epl any team on their day can beat anyone…….however mata is a very good player and rate him a lot…..he carried most of the burden for valencia when silva and villa left……

July 29, 2011 at 11:41am

We haven’t got him yet guys, remember the Ricky rumour, this could yet go wrong, i hope not though….

Hi af

32. goonerstan

July 29, 2011 at 11:43am

The tabloids keep rapping about how we are now a “small” club,how we are now at par with everton and aston villa. Some even suggested that the abomination on seven sisters road are a bigger club than us but guess what first gervinho and now MATA have both rejected moves to the spuds…..who’s laughing now?

33. Mr islington

July 29, 2011 at 11:44am

Yes Arsene,Please be true!!!

Im getting excited now,i cant help it ;)

34. K-TR7

July 29, 2011 at 11:44am

I don’t want to get excited yet rico but can you imagine if we pulled this off?

35. Will

July 29, 2011 at 11:44am

Anyone think there will be a couple of announcments during the Emirates Cup?

36. Mr islington

July 29, 2011 at 11:45am

But we have been here before and i’m just hoping this is not another how close we were again!

37. K-TR7

July 29, 2011 at 11:47am

It looks increasingly likely that we’ll sign Jagielka too.am not that excited about him to be honest.

38. Mr islington

July 29, 2011 at 11:47am

Will,

I have a gut feeling something bigs about to happen over the weekend.

39. Mr islington

July 29, 2011 at 11:50am

Jags or squ?????……..Id take the jag all day long over him.

I will be in the “IN ARSENE WE TRUST” brigade if he pulls this off,this is all i wanted Wenger to do.

Bring some proven talent in and we will be a force trust me.

40. Will

July 29, 2011 at 11:53am

It is repported that Mata himself is saying he is joining us.

41. pacman

July 29, 2011 at 11:54am

Mata, Jagielka, Campell and we are good to go.. Nasri can leave and with Fifalona not willing to pay 4 Cesc he stays..

If this happens the English press shouldnt have soo much to moan about and we would be ready 4 the season!

42. K-TR7

July 29, 2011 at 11:57am

Pool bought downing for £20mil.imagine us buying Mata and Gerv for a combined £25mil?two wide forwards both better than downing for only £5mil more.maybe steve’s recent post about Arsene and poker was really spot on.if he pulls that off it will be quite a coup.a combined £25mil?two wide forwards both better than downing for only £5mil more.maybe steve’s recent post about Arsene and poker was really spot on.if he pulls that off it will be quite a coup.

43. K-TR7

July 29, 2011 at 12:00pm

I’m trying to hold my horses but i just can’t help it.there is an optimistic feel about Arsenal this week.

44. arsenal fan

July 29, 2011 at 12:06pm

whos this campbell guy?is it joel campbell from south america

45. Mr islington

July 29, 2011 at 12:06pm

K-T,

Ive said all along that a couple of signing’s and the whole fan base attitude would change.

Mata is a class player and the sort of guy that could easily make us forget Nasri.

46. Will

July 29, 2011 at 12:08pm

If we get them, we will be set but please Arsene’, get a proper DM.

47. Mr islington

July 29, 2011 at 12:10pm

We will make Liverpool’s dealing’s look terrible.
    Who know’s who else we are after,this could turn into one of our best summers in the market.

July 29, 2011 at 12:17pm

Morning Mr Is…

July 29, 2011 at 12:17pm

Biglia Will, he’s linked…

50. Will

July 29, 2011 at 12:19pm

I have never heard of him.

July 29, 2011 at 12:20pm

You all sound very confident, this is Wenger we are talking about ;) ;)

July 29, 2011 at 12:29pm

Luca Biglia – Will, the link was in my post a couple of days ago, see, you don’t read them ;) ;)

53. Will

July 29, 2011 at 12:30pm

I thought it was another kid.

July 29, 2011 at 12:31pm

Looks like we are going to accept Norwich’s offer for Lansbury :(

July 29, 2011 at 12:31pm

No, 25 year old Argie who plays for Anderlecht

56. Will

July 29, 2011 at 12:33pm

That pisses me off, we give Diaby all those tries and don’t give Lansbury a game.

57. K-TR7

July 29, 2011 at 12:39pm

When i think of jagielka i have images of nasri breezing past him at Goodison last season.

July 29, 2011 at 12:40pm

Exactly what I have been saying and most fans Will.. I thought after your comment about him the other day you understood why he was going…

Like said yesterday, money cannot buy passion and Lansbury is an Arsenal fan, he’d be a perfect modern day Parlour or even Grimandi :)

59. Mr islington

July 29, 2011 at 12:47pm

Morning Rico,

Im hearing thou that we have a buy back clause in Henri’s contract.It’s better than nothing i suppose.

July 29, 2011 at 12:56pm

Thanks Mr Is, I didn’t realise we had the buy back, good, that is better news, i think he’s going to be a great footballer….

Bet we haven’t got the same with JET ;)

SS’s say Citeh are still monitoring Nasri, good :)

61. Mr islington

July 29, 2011 at 1:00pm

JET is a 20% sell on clause i believe.

Yh it’s only a Mata of time before Nasri f%$£ off :lol:

July 29, 2011 at 1:10pm

Jeez, i hope the Mata story is true, but Jags, i hope he’s a smokescreen for Samba or Cahill….

Couple of hundred coming our way one then Mr Is ;) I think he’ll do well and will end up somewhere better than Ipswich….

If he saorts his head out….

63. Will

July 29, 2011 at 1:10pm

Jet seems to believe his own hype and it seems to me that Wenger doesn’t keep those types.

July 29, 2011 at 1:13pm

SS’s are reporting the Biglia link, the guy wants to play in the PL to keep up his international chances…

July 29, 2011 at 1:15pm

You’d think JET would have learned after what happened with Jerome Thomas….

66. Will

July 29, 2011 at 1:16pm

And Bothroyd.

July 29, 2011 at 1:19pm

Coyle has said they have had a few enquiries for Cahill but no offer, he says if a club want him, they should make the offer or leave him alone…

Arsene, pick up the phone :)

July 29, 2011 at 1:20pm

Yep, and him Will, we have had a few haven’t we….

July 29, 2011 at 1:29pm

Popping off for an hour, back in a bit…..

70. K-TR7

July 29, 2011 at 1:31pm

Is £€$¥ sharkface gone yet?

71. W.A.T.H

July 29, 2011 at 1:34pm

KT are u getting all excited………….? ;-)

72. K-TR7

July 29, 2011 at 1:42pm

I was earlier this morning wath but then it hit me,this is Arsene we’re talking about.expect him to peg down the excitement this afternoon with the same old quotes.expect ‘financial doping’ ‘working overnight’ ‘short backlift’ ‘quality and mental strength’ among others.

73. K-TR7

July 29, 2011 at 1:47pm

Diaby has undergone an ankle surgery and will be back at the end of August-AW.

74. W.A.T.H

July 29, 2011 at 1:48pm

Well its down also to the media bollox as well mate, every hour a story changes, as I always say expect nothing be happy when it happens and until a player is in an Arsenal shit then we aint bought him and unless a player is wearing another teams shirt we aint sold him either……!

75. W.A.T.H

July 29, 2011 at 1:49pm

See we cant even sell that useless muppet cos he’s never fit enough to pass a medical anywhere else…………! :-)

76. Will

July 29, 2011 at 1:49pm

I have stoped watching SSN all day. They try to geenerate stories and that drives us insane.

77. goonerstan

July 29, 2011 at 1:50pm

MATAAAAA!!! Am high on Mara ladies and gentlemen…don’t judge me. I ll be fine in MATA of days when he’s finally unveiled then we can kick that short cuss nashit to manchester…..MATAAAA

78. W.A.T.H

July 29, 2011 at 1:52pm

Don’t get to carried away just yet Stan……..!! It’s by no means a done deal…! Just keep your fingers crossed.

79. irish gooner

July 29, 2011 at 1:58pm

having a corker in cork already,,mata to be signed today i hope

80. goonerstan

July 29, 2011 at 1:59pm

Am sorry WATH I think av gone overboard already…..its just that its been long we unveiled two class players…..can’t remember the last time….gallas and baptista?

81. W.A.T.H

July 29, 2011 at 2:08pm

I’d say more than that Stan and lets be happy with one at a time if and when it happens…!

82. goonerstan

July 29, 2011 at 2:11pm

I read somewhere that he confirmed he ll be joining arsenal….am so excited. I watched this guy against manure last season in the champions league he shone like a million stars took that french twat evra to the cleaners…Lord God in heaven I can’t wait…..kick out that whore samir and usher in the age of MATAAAA.

83. Doc Brody

July 29, 2011 at 2:17pm

If your going to compare Mata to Nasri, I don’t think you should look at every game of their whole career, but just the last year when they both had regular first team football week in week out. So how do the stats compare over that time period?

84. K-TR7

July 29, 2011 at 2:20pm

Stan hold your horses man.

85. goonerstan

July 29, 2011 at 2:28pm

I don’t care for stats doc….am so drunk on MATAAA besides he’s a world cup winner and that creep nasri isn’t…he plays for a crap valencia side and managed 9 goals and numerous assist while nasri played for an arsenal side boasting of players like RVP ashavin fabregas etc yet could only manage one assist…..one assist for the whole season! For the life of me I don’t what he’s harping about for…..create a bidding war and sell him to the highest bidder….I don’t care. I just don’t wanna see him in arsenal shirt any longer.

86. goonerstan

July 29, 2011 at 2:33pm

Am trying KT but I just can’t control it…..I have a feeling we are going to see the old wenger back. The one that took us through a whole season without losing a game. The pre-emirates wenger.

87. stu

July 29, 2011 at 2:37pm

mata will be a hell of signing and will truly confirm that cesc is off – WHICH IS A GOOD THING!!!

Jagielka will be a good sining and will there will be good competition at the back – a jagielka vermaelen partnership could be very good!

but i will believe it when i see it!!!!!!

88. arsenal fan

July 29, 2011 at 2:41pm

gooner stan pls relax……you are getting me going to…..pls pls let it be true

89. arsenal fan

July 29, 2011 at 2:47pm

diaby out for 10 weeks……

90. W.A.T.H

July 29, 2011 at 2:50pm

I’m not keen on Jagielka at all if am honest, if we’re gonna go to 15mil for him then surely Cahill or damba are both better options, both younger both less injury prone Cahill loads more potentila and Samba prob the most aggressive and bigest of the three, Jag would be 3rd choice for me and I really hope we’re not gonna get him and its a smokescreen to get one of the other two..! What if we tell barca to once and for all go take a hike Cesc is staying your messing about goodnight and godbless… otherwise known as piss off…! Mata joins Narsi leaves and all we then short of is a defensive midfielder to really have a squad thats capable of competing again.

91. goonerstan

July 29, 2011 at 2:57pm

Am sorry WATH I don’t see barca meeting our valuation those bastards are skint besides they have a heir apparent in thiago alcantara there’s no way they ll spend 40million on an injury prone cesc but hey what does it matter….we ve got MATAAA

92. W.A.T.H

July 29, 2011 at 3:01pm

Me neither Stan so its about time we told them to piss off, pay up or shut up…!

If cesc ain’t happy then tough, if he still wants to leave then we tell him no problem your hereby for sale to the highest bidder…!

93. goonerstan

July 29, 2011 at 3:04pm

If wenger pulls this off…I ll stop criticizing him and join the AKB….hell I even run for its presidency…..bring on mmmmataaaaaaa!

94. W.A.T.H

July 29, 2011 at 3:09pm

One Mata don’t make a summer either Stan ;-)

95. goonerstan

July 29, 2011 at 3:14pm

it does to me WATH……it does.

96. Joaquim Moreira

July 29, 2011 at 3:17pm

hi!
    always the same speculation!
    We haven’t a team and a squad.

July 29, 2011 at 3:18pm

Diaby out for ten weeks, we should have taken the 10million offered for him…. !!

Afternoon All :)

98. T-buzz

July 29, 2011 at 3:27pm

Bonjour y’all!
    Anyone knows if the Emirates Cup will be televised?

99. W.A.T.H

July 29, 2011 at 3:28pm

When would that muppet of ever of passed a medical Rico…? no chance…!

100. W.A.T.H

July 29, 2011 at 3:30pm

TB……. Allo mate where you been hiding….. Not seen that its on tv mate but am sure it will be streamed somewhere on the net…!

July 29, 2011 at 3:30pm

Hi JM, no news confirmed yet…. Hope you are having a lovely holiday?

Hi Tbuzz, long time no hear, you still having a hectic time??

It’s on ESPN this year, not Sky Sports channels…

July 29, 2011 at 3:31pm

Diaby out for 10 weeks.
    Wath are you ok mate?
    I know it must be devestating news.
    Nevermind, Denilson back in 12 months.
    Hold onto that thought…..haha. :-D:-D

103. arsenal fan

July 29, 2011 at 3:31pm

gooner stan you look so confident that mata is ours?
    im still not convinced……

July 29, 2011 at 3:31pm

Good point WATH, i still don’t know how he passed one with us, he’s worse than RvP, at RvP is good when he does play….

July 29, 2011 at 3:32pm

af, nor am I :(

I keep thinking ‘Ricky Allavez’…….

106. W.A.T.H

July 29, 2011 at 3:33pm

Thanx AK am far happier now you reminded me of that great news…! Isn’t it time for you to go back erecting things…?

:P

July 29, 2011 at 3:34pm

Hey Rico.
    What’s aMata then? :-D

July 29, 2011 at 3:36pm

Be home soon buddy. Lata

109. T-buzz

July 29, 2011 at 3:38pm

Thanks WATH.
    Yeah, I’m fine thanks, been really busy with work and playing daddy to my 3mth baby. He brightens my mood after every hectic day!! lol

Hey Ricolicious, I didnt even recognised Highbury House at 1st,I see youve been very busy with the site. Good on ya!
    I’ll be at the Emirates tomorrow anyway with my older boy but i was hoping i could Sky+ the games to watch later.

110. T-buzz

July 29, 2011 at 3:41pm

Juan thing I’ll be happy about is if we are able to wrap up this Mata quickly! :)
    Wenger needs to Buy a Jag(ielka)to before the Blue Dippers change their mind. Or is he going to dance to Samba? Hmmm………..

111. W.A.T.H

July 29, 2011 at 3:42pm

I’ve not seen its on sky TB….. glad to hear all ok with you mate even with a few sleepless nights ;-)

July 29, 2011 at 3:50pm

Hey kev, you back now??

July 29, 2011 at 3:52pm

Good to hear all is well with your bundle of joy Tbuzz :)

Got bored with AFC no news one day so had a play around with HH, hope it looks a bit better ;)

I signed up to ESPN through Sky, costs £9 a month but the first three months are free, after one month you can cancel without any fee – I do it evey footie season then cancel as soon as we have no more games being shown :)

July 29, 2011 at 3:56pm

Emirates Cup 2011 – Rules and Regulations

* The tournament will be played in a league system, with the team that amasses the highest number of points over its two games taking home the Emirates Cup trophy.
    * Three points are awarded for a win, with one for a draw. NOTE: As opposed to previous Emirates Cups, points are no longer awarded for goals scored.
    * Goal difference will be the deciding factor if two or more teams finish level on points – and if they still can’t be split, then the number of goals scored will come into play.
    * In the event that two or more teams still have identical records after goals difference and goals scored, shots on target over the course of the tournament will be used to decide the winner of the tournament.
    * The trophy will be shared if teams still have identical records.
    * Each match will be 45 minutes each half, with a 15 minutes half time interval. No additional time will be played.
    * Each team will be permitted to name 11 substitutes per match, of which a maximum of six can be used.
    * A player(s) who is sent from the field of play during the Emirates Cup for either a straight red card or two yellow cards in one match shall be suspended for the remainder of the tournament.
    * Possible suspensions for domestic matches further to a dismissal in the Emirates Cup will be down to the discretion of the match referee including the incident in his match report and will be decided by the national football association of the competing club.
    * The Emirates Cup trophy will be presented by Laurie Berryman, Vice President UK & Ireland, Emirates.
    * In the spirit of fair play, the teams will line up to greet each other before each match.

115. goonerstan

July 29, 2011 at 3:57pm

What is the MATA y’all? Why so glum? It doesn’t matter though cause we ve got MATAAAA

July 29, 2011 at 3:57pm

Nowts the ‘mata’ kev, just want these signings confirmed… ;)

117. T-buzz

July 29, 2011 at 4:17pm

I’m not getting excited untill i see the player on AFC holding a jersey with his name on the back and then trys and fumbles the words, “Hi, I am (insert name here) and I am Gooner. I very happy to join Massive club with Massive manager Arseen Venger and play next to Ses Fabegrass and Nassi”

118. Will

July 29, 2011 at 4:20pm

Why do we keep Diaby?

119. T-buzz

July 29, 2011 at 4:24pm

Becoause he is Wenger’s love child, Will.

On that note, have a great weekend people! Come on The Arsenal!! Lets start winning tropies starting with our own Cuppa!!

120. arsenal fan

July 29, 2011 at 4:27pm

rumours are that juan mata could be announced as soon as tomorrow…..
    is there a aw conference anytime soon…..

121. goonerstan

July 29, 2011 at 4:29pm

Get in Tbuzz……we ve MATAAAA

122. Will

July 29, 2011 at 4:32pm

If Mata has been signed, I hope we get a top class commanding centre back and a top class proper defensive midfielder within the next few weeks.

July 29, 2011 at 4:33pm

Philippe Auclair – French journo reports that Mata and his family will be at The Emirates Cup over the weekend…..

July 29, 2011 at 4:34pm

Ditto T-buzz, he can do no wrong can he…..

July 29, 2011 at 4:36pm

:lol: Tbuzz, not Nas though, he can go to Citeh if he won’t sign….

But, if we do get Mata, CH, LB and a DM, he may just think twice about signing a new contract….

He’d be a pretty good sub ;)

126. goonerstan

July 29, 2011 at 4:43pm

We ve got MATAAA

127. Will

July 29, 2011 at 4:58pm

‘Unsettled’ Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas will take no part in this weekend’s Emirates Cup.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger confirmed at Friday afternoon’s press conference ahead of the competition that his captain would not play.

Fabregas’ omission comes as Barcelona are looking to bring the World Cup winner back to the Camp Nou but Arsenal remain determined to hold out for a £40million fee.

The Spanish ace has not featured in any of Arsenal’s pre-season games, with the club saying he needs to work on his match fitness following a troublesome hamstring.

“He is not settled, with his injury and his situation. That has to be sorted out soon.”
    Arsene Wenger Quotes of the week

Confirming his continued omission, Wenger said: “He is not settled, with his injury and his situation.

“That has to be sorted out soon.”

July 29, 2011 at 5:07pm

Oh dear stan, i hope you don’t end up too disappointed ;)

129. goonerstan

July 29, 2011 at 5:10pm

No rico my gut feeling is he’s been signed already…..I just can’t wait….MATAAAA

July 29, 2011 at 5:14pm

It would have leaked stan, surely??

Will, cracking, we all needed Wenger to confirm that he’s unsettled didn’t we ;) He has been for two years :lol:

131. Will

July 29, 2011 at 5:18pm

At least Wenger is speaking about it now.

July 29, 2011 at 5:23pm

Fair point Will, PHW has said today in his paper that we are soon going to tell Barca to take a run a jump…

How must Cesc feel, all this talk about how Barca want him but they certainly can’t rate him that high or they’d pay the going price….

Unless they are happy to wait for him to be in his last year of contract?

133. goonerstan

July 29, 2011 at 5:23pm

U are right about that rico….it would av leaked but what does it matter…..We ve got MATAAAAAAAA

July 29, 2011 at 5:24pm

Great news on Young Guns

Arsène Wenger has confirmed he intends to hang onto Henri Lansbury and Ryo Miyaichi, as speculation about their futures intensifies.

Lansbury has consistently been linked with a return to loan club Norwich City during the summer, while some have also suggested he may be used as a a potential make-weight in the club’s search for a Premier League centre back. Henri is yet to feature for the first-team since returning from the Under 21 European Championships, but that’s down to a fitness issue.

Wenger moved during his pre-Emirates Cup press conference to set out his stance on Lansbury.

“Henri has the talent to play for Arsenal football club, and he has a chance to play for us this season.”

Lansbury may well get a chance to impress during the Emirates Cup, as registration problems relating to his work permit situation are expected to rule Ryo Miyaichi out. However, Wenger did confirm his desire to keep the Japanese winger at the club for the forthcoming season.

An indication of which youngsters will be involved should come tonight, when Neil Banfield selects a Reserve XI to take on Borehamwood.

July 29, 2011 at 5:27pm

Eleven subs allowed this weekend, Lansbury will surely get on, can’t wait for the footie….

:lol: stan, you stay positive….

136. Will

July 29, 2011 at 5:27pm

I wish Wenger or Gazidis would come out in the press or on SSN and say the truth, they are trying to cheat us and take the micky. The price is £40M, if you want the player, you have seven days to match that.

July 29, 2011 at 5:32pm

I think they have Will in their own way….

138. Will

July 29, 2011 at 5:33pm

I wish I owned Arsenal.

July 29, 2011 at 5:34pm

I’m glad you don’t – you wouldn’t spend any money ;)

140. Will

July 29, 2011 at 5:35pm

Oh I would, but no one would take the piss out of us.

July 29, 2011 at 5:39pm

Will, I’m jesting……

142. goonerstan

July 29, 2011 at 5:41pm

Great news on henri…..he’s a gooner and he’s got the kinda attitude we need in that team…..save him for the scrap against bolton blackburn and the abominable stoke city…..but am really worried about ryodinho something tells me he might not win his appeal for a work permit…thanks to how we abused it by bringing in denilson and song on special talent visas…..oh well atleast we ve got MATAAAA

143. Will

July 29, 2011 at 5:42pm

STan, I really hope for your sanity we have signed the guy.

144. goonerstan

July 29, 2011 at 5:47pm

Will I can’t feel my toes and I have lost my voice…but who cares we ve got MATAAAA

July 29, 2011 at 6:00pm

Agree re Lansbury stan, maybe Wenger thought Henderson had more about him but now he’s out, the door is firmly opened for Henri..

They say when one door closes…..

146. goonerstan

July 29, 2011 at 6:15pm

Yeah rico but we have tons of players with henderson’s ability and few of lansbury’s…..I think its a blessing in disguise. Come on henri give it your all have a flamini-esque season and they will be begging you to stay..

July 29, 2011 at 6:27pm

I wouldn’t say a blessing stan, poor lad ;) I think maybe the diaby one could be ;)

July 29, 2011 at 6:27pm

Nurse duties for me, back a bit later…..

149. goonerstan

July 29, 2011 at 6:45pm

No I didn’t mean henderson’s injury…remember when gilberto went to the COPA and came back exhausted…flamini took his place and never looked back…that is what I meant….

150. JonJon

July 29, 2011 at 7:22pm

bonjour mon amigos :)

love what u have done to the place rico..
    matas a great player and im tasting that transfer..

hope lansbury gets a pop in midfield.. :)

151. arsenalDK

July 29, 2011 at 8:31pm

Hello everyone.. What’s with all the Mata euphoria? Hill Wood has stated that we’re not close to signing anyone…

152. Will

July 29, 2011 at 8:59pm

I will believe it when he is in the shirt.

July 29, 2011 at 9:21pm

Howdy JJ, thanks re the blog, thought i’d brighten it up a bit :)

How you doing??

Hi ADK, PHW is a twurp ;)

Will, you and me both….

July 29, 2011 at 9:22pm

I think PHW has said that as the club want to make The Emirates Cup a bit special ;)

155. Will

July 29, 2011 at 9:25pm

If they do, they want the AC MIlan’s and Barca’s of this world.

Wenger is now saying his signings will be sooner rather than later.

July 29, 2011 at 9:39pm

Good to hear him say that Will, he’s feeling confident i guess…

I’m getting ready to eat large portions of humble pie and i cannot wait….. :P

157. stevepalmer1

July 29, 2011 at 9:41pm

Evening all,
    Movement at last, away for ten minutes and talk of 35mill spending spree, tell me this is paper talk so i can breath again

158. stevepalmer1

July 29, 2011 at 9:45pm

Rico, i also like the new wallpaper, maybe the ins on one side and the outs on the other side, with one or two gaps for the maybe’s

159. Will

July 29, 2011 at 9:50pm

I still have a great feeling.

160. stevepalmer1

July 29, 2011 at 9:58pm

Hi Will you all right mate,
    Got to agree with you i have also started to get a good feeling too

161. stevepalmer1

July 29, 2011 at 10:01pm

I know nothing is concrete yet, but i have honestly thought that we would do business, but that bugger keeps you waiting for such a long time, you do start to wonder

July 29, 2011 at 10:01pm

Evening Steve

I like your idea but I cannot work out how to put things left and right, don’t think wordpress caters for such a sensible idea… ;)

163. Will

July 29, 2011 at 10:06pm

I am good Steve, I have been saying all along I feel good about this window.

164. stevepalmer1

July 29, 2011 at 10:09pm

Been doing some long days and not had a chance to get up to date, can anybody tell me about what games if any is being screened for the Ems Cup, and helo rico hope mums a bit better today

165. stevepalmer1

July 29, 2011 at 10:11pm

Glad to hear it Will, i see good news has made JJ surface, always good to read his comments

166. stevepalmer1

July 29, 2011 at 10:13pm

Can’t help you there rico i am just getting used to turning the bugger on and off, ha ha

July 29, 2011 at 10:16pm

The Emirates Cup is live on ESPN…

Thanks Steve, She’ll be much better when the plaster is off ;)

July 29, 2011 at 10:18pm

I’m off for the day folks, you all have a good eveing,

Til tomorrow…..

Nighty Night..

July 29, 2011 at 10:19pm

:lol: Steve, you and me both – bring back pen and paper ;)

Or a board with chalk….. :lol:

Nighty…

170. stevepalmer1

July 29, 2011 at 10:20pm

Would be wouldnt it, i don’t have that, maybe i can catch a stream

171. stevepalmer1

July 29, 2011 at 10:34pm

Anyone still out there or are you all having an early one in readyness for the Ems cup

172. Will

July 29, 2011 at 10:46pm

I am here

July 30, 2011 at 2:18am

Great news about Lansbury, eh Rico? Hopefully Wenger will give him & Bartley some opportunities to secure a future at Arsenal.
    It’s late but Stan’s excitement is catching. Wonder what he would be like if we signed Benzema. :-D?
    Looking forward to the games over the weekend. Ryo not playing is a shame, but there’s plenty to look forward to. Not least Gervinho making his home debut.
    Getting some good vibes..
    See ya’ll lata