Confirmation came from the Arsenal Camp yesterday that Conor Henderson will be out for at least six months following his injury sustained against FC Cologne, life can be cruel to our younger ones these days, Frimpong last season and now Henderson this season.
I hope he recovers well and comes back stronger than ever, thankfully he’s young; he has a long career ahead of him.

Theo Walcott has also suffered a reoccurrence of an old injury, Arsene Wenger said:

Theo went home early and was due to have an MRI on Tuesday, It is an ankle injury that comes and goes.

We need some more investigation because sometimes he’s completely free of it and sometimes it affects him. But we had to send him back because he couldn’t practice anymore.

Hopefully we will hear some good news today about what is wrong, if it’s long-term, Wenger may be forced to dig deep into the funds and we don’t need that, whatever funds we have we need to use elsewhere on the pitch so again, I hope it’s nothing too serious and he’s fit and ready to face Newcastle on August 13th.

Talking of wingers/strikers, Nicklas Bendtner’s father has spoken about the future of his son saying that plenty of clubs want to buy the Danish striker; it’s just a case of choosing the right one. He added that one or two clubs were dismissed easily as he knew they weren’t right.

I didn’t know ‘Arry wanted him ;)

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him stay if Walcott’s injury turns out to be a bad one..

Yesterday we all saw the reports that we had done a deal for Mata, well, all the Spanish Press had decided to publish such a story but later in the day, the same press reported that no such offer of deal was in place.

Moral of the story is, don’t trust the Spanish Press, not that we didn’t already know that. ;)

Talking of the press, The Sun have a story which says that Chris Samba is pleading with Blackburn to let him join us so he can play Champions League Football, very soon after he tweeted

The declarations about me are totally false – never said that. I’m a Rovers player and will never mention other clubs – it’s disrespectful. Not happy right now.

The papers and press are naughty aren’t they……

That’s it for today folks, have a good one….

111 thoughts on “Mata offer mooted, Bendtner in Demand, Theo Injured and The Press are at it again….

1. arsenalDK

July 28, 2011 at 10:45am

I didn’t know ‘Arry wanted him ;)

Good one! :D

Anyway, I Hope Bendtner doesn’t stay, I would rather see Afobe get his chance, as he has more potential IMO.

Any news on Miyaichi?

July 28, 2011 at 10:48am

Morning ADK

I thought that one would go down well ;)

We are about to submit the permit request for Ryo according to YGs so fingers crossed…

With you on Nik, i think his days with us are over but you never know if Theos injury is a bad one..

July 28, 2011 at 10:49am

What about Crouch for 9 million??

4. Dave

July 28, 2011 at 10:50am

The same Spanish press is saying today that Mata is in London. Does this mean we pair Spaniards, Cesc central and Mata on the left, or move Nasri central and say au revoir to Nasri? It’s maybe also advanced because of Theo’s injury.

5. alan b'stard M P

July 28, 2011 at 10:51am

Rico

Crouch can play a good game. Worth thinking about

6. Dave

July 28, 2011 at 10:51am

Make that adios to Cesc rather than au revoir to Nasri – sorry.

7. arsenalDK

July 28, 2011 at 10:52am

It made my day rico ;).

But i would be gutted if Bendtner stays. He’s declared that he wants to go, I would rather see Wenger buy another striker, than let him stay. I personally believe that Bendtner’s heart is set for a move, just like Nasri and Cesc… That’s why I don’t see any point in letting them stay with us, as I don’t believe that they will be focussed.. We need players who are willing to die for the Shirt..

July 28, 2011 at 10:53am

Just been reading that Dave, nothing on SS’s though who usually are pretty quick with these things… Hope it’s right…

Hi alan, he’s good in the air and a cheaper option for a good goal scorer…

9. arsenalDK

July 28, 2011 at 10:56am

crouch is much better than bendtner if you ask me.. I wouldn’t mind having him…

July 28, 2011 at 10:58am

adk – he cetainly seems to find the net for England, don’t know why Arry is giving up on him really….

11. arsenalDK

July 28, 2011 at 11:00am

Is he giving up on him rico? I didn’t know that.. But 9 mio? I dont even think we’ll get that much for bendtner..

July 28, 2011 at 11:03am

I think so, otherwise he’d say Crouch is not for sale, he seldom plays him from the off… Also, what is he doing with Defoe and Keane, three good strikers and he seldom plays any these days….

13. Will

July 28, 2011 at 11:05am

Sell Nik B and that will pretty much fund the Meta transfer.

I have also read we are in for Benzema at £25M and Hazard as well as Samba and Meta.

That lot would make a statement.

14. Adam

July 28, 2011 at 11:07am

Crouch? If his head was on the end of his foot he might be half decent. Morning Rico.

15. Will

July 28, 2011 at 11:07am

Also, I would like a replacement for Song.

16. Dxn

July 28, 2011 at 11:07am

Seriously, Rico, Crouch????

July 28, 2011 at 11:09am

We have been linked with Benzema for a long time Will but he doesn’t want to leave Madrid and can’t see Lille letting another player leave having lost our new boy…

Mata sounds the most possible, as long as some other club doesn’t come in and offer more…

18. Dxn

July 28, 2011 at 11:11am

With the price tag he would come with, I can’t see us signing Benzema.

I’m with you on Mata – possible, as long as some other club doesn’t jump in….

19. Steve

July 28, 2011 at 11:14am

So we’re keeping Bendtner as back-up for Walcott. I am sorry but it doesn’t matter how many times I repeat that it still doesn’t make sense to me.

Why not play Nasri wide right – after all his last season with us is going to cost £30m, including wages, so I hope he is going to be made to work for his money.

20. Will

July 28, 2011 at 11:18am

I have the perfect song for him, ready?

Ahem

What’sa Mata you, hey gotta no respect

I’ll get my coat.

July 28, 2011 at 11:19am

Morning Adam

I’m sure we could find a striker better than Crouch, just a suggestion ;)

But, I’m not sure we need one now we have Gervinho, however, if we get to Christmas and RvP is injured, maybe with the ACON, Wenger may have too did into the market…

Then again, if he involves a couple of the younger ones like Freeman etc, you never know…

July 28, 2011 at 11:21am

Hi DXN, good to see you here..

I think the only other club interested in Mata right now is Arrys lot, but Mata has said he prefers us, and the CL footie could sway him further our way…

July 28, 2011 at 11:21am

You know the next line Will?? ;)

July 28, 2011 at 11:23am

Steve,

I was just thinking about how Wenger may see things, I hope Theo is fine and Bendtner heads off where ever he likes…

Nasri – if he doesn’t sign a new contract, I’d play him in the reserves….

25. Will

July 28, 2011 at 11:23am

I think we have a couple of young players ccoming through that could fill the 4th striker role.

We have RvP, Vela, Chamakh plus one other.

26. Dxn

July 28, 2011 at 11:23am

Top of the day to you too Rico.

Talking about CB’s, how come Mertesecker seems to have fallen completely off the radar? Would have loved to see him pair with Samba/Vermaleen

27. Will

July 28, 2011 at 11:24am

There is no way I would want Mertesecker at Arsenal.

28. Dxn

July 28, 2011 at 11:25am

Hullo Will.

Why not? I think he’s quite good. Had a good showing at the World Cup IMHO

29. Will

July 28, 2011 at 11:27am

Dxn, very slow and a huge turning circle.

July 28, 2011 at 11:29am

I honestly don’t think we need a striker at this stage, if we could get Mata, a DM, CH and LB – we’d be pretty darn strong and then i’d eat a huge chunk of humble pie in my view of wengers transfers this summer….

July 28, 2011 at 11:32am

I think there are better options than Mertesaker but, if he joined us i wouldn’t be unhappy, we need a big tall defender with a bit of attitude and i think he has that,

Personally though, I’d still prefer Cahill aand or Samba, and that’s because they are already used to the PL..

32. Dxn

July 28, 2011 at 11:32am

I fancied Melo but checked and found out he’d been loaned out to Galatasaray.

He’s fallen a great depth down the pecking order hasn’t he?

33. Will

July 28, 2011 at 11:32am

I think the now two main positions we need are, a proper DM, someone who doesn’t go wandering and a commanding, forceful CB who can organise all of those around him.

34. Arsenal

July 28, 2011 at 11:34am

Personally I feel bad for Cesc because, although he made Arsenal worry over him for the past two years, look at the position he is in now. Arsenal have no place for him considering the Mata deal is as good as done, plus Song, Wilshere, Ramsey, Frimpong, Rosicky, Biglia (if that deal happens, which I hope it does), and Nasri. Where the hell does Cesc fit in? Safe to say, that even without him we probably have the best midfielder options in the premier league. So now Cesc is not needed at Arsenal and we are just trying to cash in on him. Then, look at Barcelona. They have Iniesta, Mascherano, Xavi, Busquets, and Alcantara (who was brilliant against Bayern Munich yesterday). Where is Cesc needed here? He now has no where to go, but back home to Barca where he will ride the bench

July 28, 2011 at 11:34am

6′ 6″ – he’d stop the crosses ;)

Dxn, earlier this month reports suggested that Wenger had rekindled his interest in the Mertesacker, so he still could be a possibility and i think he’s in his last year of his contract…

36. Dxn

July 28, 2011 at 11:37am

My thoughts exactly and he should come cheap last year of contract and all. But everywhere look, it’s Jag, Cahill and Samba. No one seems to be mentioning Mertesacker.

Or would that be Arsene at his wily best? I do hope so

37. Dxn

July 28, 2011 at 11:38am

And how much can we trust those reports especially where they concern us?

July 28, 2011 at 11:40am

HI Arsenal, I wouldn’t take the Mata deal as being done, far from it in fact as it’s all newspaper spin at the moment, look what happened with Allevez and Campbell…..

Same to be said on Biliga, press talk only…

Cesc would always be first on our team sheet as he’s Wenger’s fav but at Barca, who knows and should he go, who cares ;)

39. Dxn

July 28, 2011 at 11:41am

Rico, you do get my point on how far we can trust the reports…

40. LEEMEX NEWMAN

July 28, 2011 at 11:43am

bro’s do something forget Ur stories

41. arsenalDK

July 28, 2011 at 11:43am

From arsenal.com: “A key thing for the fans is that a lot of the new signings were born is Paris, were PSG supporters as kids and have always dreamt of playing for PSG. Gamerio was born in Paris, Douchez and Menez were born in Paris while Blaise Matuidi, who has also signed this summer, was a PSG fan. All of them are realising their dream and I think it is very important to have that love and attachment to the club.”

So PSG are buying players who really love the club, while we love to spoil, the already spoiled players who only think about money… sigh..

July 28, 2011 at 11:46am

Melo is a bit of a nutter though, he’d get too many red cards ;)

I still think are better all round defenders Dxn, but he’d certainly bring something to the defence, he’s still only 26 years old too, so we’d have him for a few seasons….

AF, one of HH regs watched Samba yesterday, and although BB lost to Villa he said Samba was pretty darn good….

July 28, 2011 at 11:51am

adk, read that too and that’s what we lack, players who are also supporters – Mr Is was talking about this yesterday too and the great Charlie George, one day fan., next day player :)

And, that’s exactly why the reports of Lansbury being sold sadden me, ok, he may not turn out to be world class but he has more passion about the red and white shirt than most of our team put together…

Money cannot buy that….. Ray Parlour was no Messi but he was awesome for us….

July 28, 2011 at 11:53am

Dxn, of course, that’s why i don’t believe miuch that is written in the newspapers, afc.com will tell us anything, in their own time ;)

July 28, 2011 at 12:22pm

You all gone back to bed ;)

46. Will

July 28, 2011 at 12:26pm

Nope, just reading the utter rubbish the press con us into thinking is news.

July 28, 2011 at 12:29pm

You and me both Will, it’s just garbage, Valencia have said that no offers have been made for Mata…

‘According to the press’ ;)

48. Will

July 28, 2011 at 12:41pm

I am off for a couple of hours, who knows what will happen by the time I get back.

July 28, 2011 at 12:41pm

Looks like Adam Johnson is having thoughts about quitting Citeh……

He’d be a good buy…..

50. W.A.T.H

July 28, 2011 at 12:58pm

Afternoon all, yep I like Johnson far better than downing…! bit inconsistant but still pretty young…!

July 28, 2011 at 1:14pm

Blame Citeh for Johnsons slow progress, they don’t play him enough…

Oops, afternoon WATH….

July 28, 2011 at 1:14pm

Just seen the story about Sporting Lisbon are to unveil Bendtner on Saturday, thats a new one….

53. W.A.T.H

July 28, 2011 at 1:20pm

Lets hope so that would be another one gone off the “hitlist”….!

July 28, 2011 at 1:32pm

You and me both, not sure how true it is of course ;)

55. Dxn

July 28, 2011 at 1:50pm

I’ve never thought Bendtner was such a bad player, just probably needed a bit more discipline and focus

July 28, 2011 at 1:56pm

He should have not talked himself up so much and put a bit more effort in when he had his chances – got a bit of a chip on his shoulder i think….

57. Dxn

July 28, 2011 at 1:59pm

I agree, but sometimes I wonder how we’re doing in the specific coaching department i.e strikers and defensive….

Maybe we need to up our game. Heard it said somewhere that Bergkamp would love to coach our strikers and I think we missed out on Viera, if we even did anything to get him

July 28, 2011 at 2:02pm

It’s his attitude, it stinks and we don’t need any more over egos in our side……

I didn’t hear that one about Bergy, and we can do far better than Paddy imho – Keown would be my choice or get Bouldy more involved with the first team coaching…

July 28, 2011 at 2:23pm

Guys, got to go again now, back later this evening… Maybe we will know more about Mata ;)

Have a good day………

60. SD-London

July 28, 2011 at 2:35pm

are we getting mata ? if yes, we should move fast.

61. Doc Brody

July 28, 2011 at 2:38pm

The latest completely fabricated piece of Arsenal gossip that I’m hearing is: all 3, Benzema, Mata, and Cahill. Maybe Samba too. Now that would be a statement from Wenger. As I’ve pledged, that would require me to shave all my hair off or give myself a reverse Mohawk (and yes Rico, I have a full head of hair and would provide photo evidence should this event occur). But alas, it’s all a fantasy. The best news we can hope for this summer is that Nasri and Fabragas stay, not that anyone new joins. Certainly no defenders will arrive.

July 28, 2011 at 2:42pm

Was just about to log off,

Hi SD, I’ll believe it when i see him in a red and white afc shirt ;)

Hi Doc, I hope we get all three, just to see the photos of you ;) Seriously, those three would be great news if true but….

Gotta go now, Bye for now

63. SD-London

July 28, 2011 at 2:46pm

commenting on the Adam Johnson case , i will just simply say that any talented young player with sense should never sign for City or Chelsea .Adam Johnson is going to end up on loan in Aston Villa for two seasons if he his lucky .If he is not he will be playing for QPR that is if they want him .

Then if no luck in the 2 , then he should settle for 4 games in a season and Cappello not playing him at all.

I hope Sturridge and Welberk are reading this.

Oh another alternative is for all three of you to come to Arsenal and let Wilshere show you around.

64. SD-London

July 28, 2011 at 2:50pm

DOC,
    I will say you should remove Benzema from that list, wenger has baught Gervinho but Mata and maybe Cahil or Samba.
    I will say Samba.

65. W.A.T.H

July 28, 2011 at 3:25pm

Sd prob is when do we ever do anything quickly in the transfer market, we wiat til the very end to try and get ppl on the cheap…!

66. Coadsi

July 28, 2011 at 3:52pm

good day everyone, i am allowed rico?
    i am still concerned that IG and ah sen stated publicly that they knew what the problems of the team was (defending) and so far has not done anything to address the issue.

67. Will

July 28, 2011 at 4:25pm

Let’s give them a week and see what is happening..

68. ArsenalDK

July 28, 2011 at 5:27pm

Hello everyone,

Valencia have stated that there have been no bids for Mata

69. W.A.T.H

July 28, 2011 at 5:43pm

ADK, As usual just loads of media rubbish and conjecture and spin and bla bla bla……..!

70. arsenalDK

July 28, 2011 at 6:00pm

That’s why I never get my hopes up wath. EVen the gervinho transfer took forever.. wenger knows we need a better defence, sagna and vermaelen are good, The others are average.. if he does not end up buying at least one good centre half, as he promised, I wilI will demand his head on a plate…

71. W.A.T.H

July 28, 2011 at 6:29pm

ADK, as frustrating and annoying as it is he’s still got 30 odd days to get is sorted, would have hoped he’s of done his biz by now but lets not throw our toys until Sep 1st if nothings been done…….! He may just surprise us… You never know….!

72. arsenalDK

July 28, 2011 at 6:40pm

I agree that he still has time, But look at our rivals. They’re buying because they know where to strengthen.. to tell You the truth, I have no idea how we’re going to compete with the likes of manchester united.. I mean, the likes of jenkinson does not make our rivals afraid of us, wouldn’t You say?

July 28, 2011 at 6:46pm

Evening all.
    More Press spin just to wind-us up and turn us against Wenger. The Press know fuck all, try to ignore them as best as you can. They hate us, always keep that in mind.
    Hiya Wath

July 28, 2011 at 6:49pm

Gotta say that i think there’s some legs in the links to Mata.

July 28, 2011 at 8:52pm

Boo, anyone around, the nurse is back ;)

July 28, 2011 at 9:01pm

Legs kev, legs – he’s going to be a gooner before saturday, if we believe sky sports :)

77. stevepalmer1

July 28, 2011 at 9:01pm

Evening all,
    One of my mates just mailed me Wenger was seen in a KEBAB SHOP and the word is out that a Turkish kebab dribbler is about to sign. i think he’s name is Pitta Bread Shisk and wears the no £3.10

78. stevepalmer1

July 28, 2011 at 9:08pm

Evening Florence,Hows the patient

July 28, 2011 at 9:11pm

Hi Steve

Shes pretty much the same but getting the knack of using the frame ;) Thanks me dear ….

80. stevepalmer1

July 28, 2011 at 9:15pm

At least she’s moveing around thats a good sign, pitty we didn’t have more to talk about

July 28, 2011 at 9:17pm

Re your kebab Steve :lol:

July 28, 2011 at 9:18pm

She’s ok on the one floor ;)

You reckon Mata is nearly done Steve??

83. stevepalmer1

July 28, 2011 at 9:25pm

who knows rico, Wenger will tell us, and if he doesnt we start with who we have, most people believe that anyway why dissapoint them

July 28, 2011 at 9:33pm

Just seems to be something in this one but yes, wenger will tell us when its done and not before….

Looking forward to The Ems Cup though, we’ll be able to see who is staying and who’s going i think….

85. ArsenalDK

July 28, 2011 at 9:33pm

I personally don’t believe we will sign Mata, if we do, we suddenly look very dangerous on the wings.. No one has bid for cahill yet, Owen Coyle says. Bolton demand 19 mio pounds now…

July 28, 2011 at 9:41pm

Don’t forget the chilli sauce.
    Nearly done up here.
    Lata

87. stevepalmer1

July 28, 2011 at 9:43pm

Somthing i read in one of the papers that i havent heard get a mention, apparently Wenger had asked for permission to use touchline technology in the Emirates Cup competition but Sep Blatter refused he said not at the moment, frightened that Wenger would start another relevationy first

July 28, 2011 at 9:44pm

ADK, please don’t say that :(

Kev, you come and go ;)

89. stevepalmer1

July 28, 2011 at 9:45pm

Hi ya Ak you putting all the white lines on the roads then

90. stevepalmer1

July 28, 2011 at 9:47pm

AK, you could work that touchline tecno stuff on your whitelines

91. stevepalmer1

July 28, 2011 at 9:53pm

Well what do you think of the touchline technology steve.

92. stevepalmer1

July 28, 2011 at 9:54pm

I think its a good idea steve, beer

July 28, 2011 at 9:55pm

I am still here ;)

94. stevepalmer1

July 28, 2011 at 9:56pm

thought i was on my own again rico

95. Terry Neill - Nice but Dim

July 28, 2011 at 9:57pm

Hello Rico, W.A.T.H, Highbury Houser’s,

huge statement by City’s billionaires. Without breaking the bank, Arsenal and Arsene Wenger need to respond. It’s rabbits out of the hat time. If we can’t or won’t respond, they owe the fans one hell of an explanation!!!

96. arsenalDK

July 28, 2011 at 9:58pm

I’M sorry rico, I’ve just read it.. it made me just as sad.. but he also said that it would only take a phonecall, and the negotiations would start.. I think that wenger could get him, if he really wanted…

97. stevepalmer1

July 28, 2011 at 10:03pm

Bath time nte all

July 28, 2011 at 10:09pm

Who adk, Mata?? or Cahill?

July 28, 2011 at 10:09pm

Night Steve….

July 28, 2011 at 10:17pm

Welcome Terry Neill

Citeh have certainly bought big, if we are talking money but, the PL is a different ball game, let’s see if their new boy settles in ;)

Balotelli didn’t ;)

101. arsenalDK

July 28, 2011 at 10:21pm

Owen Coyle :)

July 28, 2011 at 10:21pm

:P adk, wonder if wenger has his number….

July 28, 2011 at 10:23pm

Mohamed Sissoko has signed for PSG

104. arsenalDK

July 28, 2011 at 10:24pm

Oh sorry, my bad, I think he could get cahill if he wanted. Its almost midnight here in Denmark, night night all, see you tommorow

105. arsenalDK

July 28, 2011 at 10:26pm

I Saw the sissoko story, why have we not bought him? Hes a beast…

106. Terry Neill - Nice but Dim

July 28, 2011 at 10:32pm

This may sound greedy Rico, I want a quality LB, Samba AND Cahill, Mata and Benzema. I’d like a GK too, (but don’t think that’ll happen), and after Fabregas went to the Spanish GP, get shot of him as well as accepting £20m for the ungrateful Nasri.

July 28, 2011 at 10:36pm

We fans wanted him adk, Wenger obviously didn’t :(

Terry, that’s not greed, that’s knowing what we need to compete and win something….

WEe won’t get a keepr though, I agree – but, if we could get Samba and Cahill, the ball wouldn’t get to the keeper very often ;)

I hope both Cesc and Nasri are sold within the next ten days and we re-invest….

What brings you to HH Terry Neil (TN) hope you stick around :)

108. Terry Neill - Nice but Dim

July 28, 2011 at 10:50pm

Been before Rico (you may recognise email?), always read HH Posts, comments etc, and find it mostly good-natured passionate banter with a wide range of opinions about all things Arsenal.
    Saw/read your Mum was unwell? If so, hope she’s recovered and all is well.
    August is a big month for us. It will make or break Wenger, I think.

July 28, 2011 at 10:55pm

Ah yes, I have just seen the email address… :)

Thanks re mu Mum, broken leg/ankle so it takes time…..

It’s quite balanced here really but i think wenger is frustrating a few, especially me ;)

July 28, 2011 at 10:57pm

I need to get some sleep now so got to head off, hope to see you again soon TN…

Another later post tomorrow guys as nurse duties are required first thing :)

Nighty all…..

111. Terry Neill - Nice but Dim

July 28, 2011 at 11:09pm

Nice one Rico, always a pleasure chatting with you, however brief! Goodnight