Wenger looks to have got it right when talking about our new signing:

Gervinho could be an instant success

He certainly buried his two chances very well yesterday.

He looks to me like he has adjusted very quickly, let’s hope it goes quickly for him. You never know, some players take six months and some players take two weeks.

Well, it took him a lot less than that but I know some fans will look at yesterday’s game as being far removed from the challenge he faces in Premier League or Champions League but come on, FC Cologne aren’t a bad side…

What was so glaringly obvious yet again yesterday was how poor our defence is….

Time and time again we got caught out and if we carry on in such a way, Premier League sides will destroy us.

It’s all very well for Wenger to speak about what he is trying to do, how he knows we need a defender and he will work hard day and night to sign one but to date these are empty words. If he was trying that hard, he would have signed a defender or two by now – it’s all b****x in my mere humble opinion and I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see us start the season with the same old defence which equals the same old problems.

You all know I have always been a massive fan of Alex Song but last season his weaknesses were evident, they were again yesterday. His silly clumsy tackles on the edge of the penalty area nearly cost us yesterday, they will again no doubt this coming season.

It’s time that Wenger bought a proper out-and-out defensive midfielder, one who will win the 50/50 battles half way up the pitch, one who has the ability to get back when needed and make the important tackle without taking the player first.

Sorry Alex!!

Right now I’d rather see Frimpong play, I know he’s not the answer either, not yet but give him a season and I’m sure he will.. Sadly for him, serious injury put him back a year but I thought he did pretty well when he came on…

As for Squilli, he’s still shocking, he always will be now and I personally don’t even know why Nasri bothered to travel – he wasn’t interested was he?

I’m not going to bother going into any further detail about the game, it will have all been said by today so what’s the point? It’s a friendly, well I think it was ;)

Only one man can make the bad from yesterday better and that is he who so many think walks on water…..

I’m not one of them, I’m actually fed up with listening/reading about what he’s going to do, now is the time for him replace all his cheap talk with actions – and that means getting this current side ready to face Newcastle at St James Park on the 13th August!

It also means finally selling Fabregas, let Citeh pay Nasri’s wage demands and then get on and spend the money their sales generate.

It seems that Arsenal are ready to part company with JET – the young striker come midfielder come whatever, is wanted by several Championship Clubs and the fee is said to be £1 million but with a vast sell on fee. I’m quite surprised at this bit of news, we have all seen a few a sub-standard players be given many many chances to show how rubbish they are, yet this young Englishman is being cast aside before he has really been given a chance….

Another one who appears on his way out is Eboue, he hasn’t featured in any of our pre-season fixtures, I don’t think he travelled to either Germany or Asia. Reports are that Galatasary have offered £4 Million for our ‘Mr Utility’ player and Wenger is ready to let him move on.

Two players who are yet again making the papers in connection with us is Valencia’s Juan Mata and Villarreal’s Santi Cazorla, both would cost in excess of £20 Million so I can’t see either coming true but if Fabregas and Nasri do go, we could certainly afford them and the two defensive players we need.

Maybe this week we’ll finally get some good news…

Finally, I just want to wish Conor Henderson well, like Frimpong last season, he’s been given a chance to prove himself and it looks as if a nasty injury will hinder his progress. I sincerely hope it’s not ligament damage …..

Come on Wenger, you know that actions speak louder than words –  it’s now time for a bit of action!!

Have a good day all…..

113 thoughts on “Two Out, Two to join? Wenger's Empty Words have Worn Thin but he's Right about Gervinho!!

1. Gordon

July 24, 2011 at 9:21am

There was a moment which summed Nasri up.There was a 50/50 tackle he had one look and said fuck that for a game of soldiers i’m not going to put my big money move on the line and pulled out like a chicken.Thats what we will have to put up with next season if Wenger and the board burn £20m and keep him

July 24, 2011 at 9:22am

Morning….

July 24, 2011 at 9:23am

Can’t see him staying Gordon, they both have to go….

4. arsenal fan

July 24, 2011 at 9:38am

good post rico….
    when did the background change happen….
    i like it….

5. jazbo

July 24, 2011 at 9:43am

Empty words my Arsenal, if not for Arsene Wenger we’d be the poor ugly sister to the Spuds, plying our trade in the lower ends of the EPL/Championship, so lay off the manager and support the man, he’s been the best thing at Arsenal since moving from south London……..

July 24, 2011 at 9:47am

Hi AF, thanks – i got bored yesterday and played around – when we know for sure who is with us next season i’ll change the background picture but right now i don’t want fabregas or nasri anywhere near it ;)

July 24, 2011 at 9:50am

jazbo – i’m not anti wenger but since the end of may he and gazidis have promised a very busy transfer window…

Busy?? Two signings busy?? And one of them was’t even playing league football last season, not that i am knocking him….

Wenger as usual is full of promises, which are yet to be honoured….

8. arsenal fan

July 24, 2011 at 9:54am

good to see gervinho with the goals….still im not convinced with him…..unless he gets goals for us in the season……but has some advantages going up for him….

9. stevepalmer1

July 24, 2011 at 9:57am

Morning Rico,
    I still say give Wenger the chance to put the right players in place befor you judge him, I hear we will be putting an improved offer in for Jagielka, could be a good call,Geronimo has started well took his goals well, funny he scores good goals and we hear that the opposition are not that good Wenger bought Gervinho because we needed more oomph, you asked for it and he has delivered he can only score against who is put in front of him, and he does that twice, Wenger will buy the defender we need and hopefully a left back too just be patient, shame about Henderson, lets hope its just bruising but three games in and our injuries have started aleady.

10. d.worth

July 24, 2011 at 9:58am

get rid of jet,eboue,bendtner,almunia,nasri,cesc either not good enough or dont give a shit,wenger must buy class

11. Scott

July 24, 2011 at 10:01am

As it stands,i could not care les if Fab and Nasri stay or go,as long as the decisions are made quickly. Let them go and have the time and money to replace them would be one way to go. The other,tell City and Barca exactly what we want,no negotiating,give them one week to come up with the cash or no deal.

12. Adam

July 24, 2011 at 10:01am

Morning Rico. Nasri’s lack of professionalism yesterday was staggering and a sign of what he will offer if Wenger is daft enough to keep him. Gervinho’s willingness to run in behind will be good but the contrast will Chamakh was startling. This bloke is not Arsenal quality and is in fact a liability. As for the defense? Well, what has really changed here? Djourou and Squillaci are shockingly bad. If they play with any regality next season it will be frightening. As for Gibbs, the first thing I look for in a left back is the ability to defend. Gibbs can’t do this because he is really a left winger / midfielder. If he plays we will concede through his position. Buy a left back, perhaps Enrique who looks quite solid and won’t break the bank. There was a lot to do this summer to make the team truly competitive. So far Wenger has done about 10% of what is needed. We play highly competitive football in the most cut- throat and ruthless league in the world and we play it in the here and now. What Arsene has done in the past was great but that was then and past achievements won’t stop balls into the heart of our defence.

July 24, 2011 at 10:03am

af – i think he’ll be pretty good…

Hi Steve, we can do better than Jagz, he’s short, crocked and well over priced in my mere humble opinion – i wasn’t knocking gervinho in the post steve, just saying that some will say ‘its a friendly, the PL is different’ – i’m not one of them – i thought he was very good…

July 24, 2011 at 10:07am

d.worth, i think wenger is trying to ship out some deadwood, cesc is in the hands of barca, pay up or he stays but i read this morning wenger is prepared to accept 25M and Thiago…..

July 24, 2011 at 10:10am

Morning Adam & Scott

July 24, 2011 at 10:11am

I’m not good at being patient, not when the League starts in three weeks :(

17. EastSidePaul

July 24, 2011 at 10:12am

Does anyone else have the feeling that even if both Nasri and Fabregas are sold,either no replacements will be brought in, or the cheapest option wenger can find, as was the case last year. We all know he won’t spend the money, he has yet to do it in his reign at Arsenal, why would he start now?

What needed to be done should have already been done, I’m afraid its all ready too late. The squad needed to be gutted, stripped down to the core and replaced with class, we need a 22 man squad like liverpool in the 80s, if a player was injured you could replace him with another top international player. Not seeing the number 15 or 2 being flashed up in our case.

If Nasri didn’t sign up when offered the £100,000/w he should have been sold there and then, Fabregas, we all know the deal, no longer wants to play for the club, never put in any effort last year, and was “injured” all season. The only thing of note I can remember him doing was hugging all the barca players before the CL game, which made me sick to see. I think he should be stripped of captaincy before he is allowed to leave, send a message that Wenger might have some spine in there somewhere.

Players in my opinion should have been sold already include: Manuel Almunia(1m), Abou Diaby(5m), Cesc Fàbregas(40m), Nicklas Bendtner(8m), Emmanuel Eboué(5m), Sébastien Squillaci(.000003m), Alex Song(6m), Denílson(4m), Tomáš Rosický(5m), and now due to his desire to leave, not because I want him to go, Samir Nasri(22m).

Now, there is close to £100m and Arsenals apparent 40m-50m “war-chest” (that’s none existent in my view). Thats 140m to build a new team, with those ten players and huge wage bills out you can bring in 6 top quality players and bring some of the promising youths up.

Bit too simple though?

18. bobbyp

July 24, 2011 at 10:14am

Jazbo, Clearly you haven’t been supporting for very long if you think we would’ve been behind the spuds without Wenger. George Graham won us trophies/titles before that . We also won the double in ’71, the league being secured at WHL.The spuds haven’t won the league since the 60’s. Dear oh dear where do you get your ideas from.

July 24, 2011 at 10:25am

Good comment ESP, half the problem is that other clubs don’t want the players it seems, they are on high wages and unless they take a drop who would pay them what they get now?

Why has Nikki not found a club yet when he’s made it clear he wants to leave??

I don’t think wenger will replace Fabregas and Nasri if they go but i think he will spend the money, or some of it – hopefully on the defence and a LB…

20. Will

July 24, 2011 at 10:30am

The only thing I got upset about yesterday was this insistance of when one one one, passing sideways to try and creat an open goal rather than taking the shot. It is decisions like that that cost us games and cause us to lose 1-0.

21. Adam

July 24, 2011 at 10:30am

EastSidePaul. In general I agree but I would keep Song. This really was/is the time for the complete re-structuring of the side and is very likely Wenger’s last chance because I don’t think the fans will stand another year of under achievement and broken promises. My own feelings of the club’ ambition are quite low, due to experience and I find myself often thinking about life under the next manager these days. Ridiculous really when I have just dropped over two and a half grand on a couple of season tickets for this year.

July 24, 2011 at 10:31am

Rumour is PSG want Chamakh……..

July 24, 2011 at 10:34am

Adam, i think you could be not far off about the fans, IG referred to it a few months ago – if they continue to show unrest at games and if the reports that 8500 ST’s have not been renewed the pressure is going to to be on AW…

But, like so many point out, this transfer window still has five weeks left so wenger still has time to spend. Maybe we haven’t got masses of money and he neds the Cesc sale to go through….

24. Adam

July 24, 2011 at 10:35am

Rico. Does he need a lift?

July 24, 2011 at 10:35am

I have some gardening to be doing, catch up later….

26. Adam

July 24, 2011 at 10:40am

Rico. If we haven’t got a lot of money you would have to ask yourself why not? Sell the two who want out and Bendtner, plus a few fringe players like Rosicky etc, add a few quid that MUST be in the coffers and you have £100 million. Remember that Wenger once stupidly said that, if offered that kind of money, he would give it back, I reckon you could do serious damage in the market with that money and refresh a team and manager who have stale whiff about them.

27. arsenal fan

July 24, 2011 at 10:44am

I think wenger will sign lb in august after the start of the season….he will let gibbs or traore play and then if they perform ok he wont sign…..

28. Mark

July 24, 2011 at 10:44am

Wenger said he’s working hard on bringing in a defender. If that’s true, then I seriously doubt his efficiency.

29. Adam

July 24, 2011 at 10:50am

Mark. He is working hard to offer £10 million for Jagielka which he knows will be rejected. In that way he can rightfully claim to have “tried hard” to make the signing. And after getting £15 million for Toure he can hardly complain if other clubs want big bucks can he?

30. EastSidePaul

July 24, 2011 at 10:51am

I think we can all agree on one thing, that what is going on with the club at the moment is a shame, Wenger himself brought English football out of the dark ages, reinvented our club and we have seen some of the best moments at Arsenal under his regin, no doubt when he leaves a statue will be erected in his honor, but right now serious questions need to be asked about his position as manager. Where has it all gone wrong?

The introduction of Chelsea and their owner with bottomless pockets? The loss of David Dein? Cursed new Stadium?!?! Over paid players who couldn’t give a toss?

One thing is, next weekend will be the first time I will see the club I have supported all my life play live, and its such a shame that the club is in such a state considering the many great years I have watched on TV.

31. Patlow71

July 24, 2011 at 11:15am

Jazbo, how do you justify your comments about if it wasn’t for Wenger we would be playing second fiddle to Spurs. Did we play second fiddle to Spurs under George Graham? Or if you want to look back further under Chapman, Bertie Mee, or even Terry Neill!! No I don’t think we did. I do get a bit fed up with people who seem to think Wenger invented Arsenal, we were a big, successful club before Wenger and could be again after. Of course Wenger was magnificent in the first half of his reign, but clearly his polices, tactics and belief are have either failed or been misplaced over the past five years. It is time for change in either approach or personel.

32. barry the gooner

July 24, 2011 at 11:28am

as bad as whatever duo we place at the centre of our defence coupled with the non defensive quality of gibbs or traore why not invest in a true “defensive” midfielder of quality and international experience Felipe Melo who is available and evidently we tried to sign previously.He would not be going to the ANC is not one paced does not run/stroll around looking at the floor and as far as i know does not sport any form of silly haircut.He wouldn’t be the first player whose career we’ve resurrected.

33. irish gooner

July 24, 2011 at 11:35am

the more i see squillaci play the more i wonder how in the hell ireland didint beat france on that faithfulll night in paris,,he played CB that night..i still dont know how we only scored 1 goal,,

34. Will

July 24, 2011 at 11:51am

A solid, organiser at teh back
    A DM who knows how to stay in position
    A clinical striker.

Jobe done.

35. Erick

July 24, 2011 at 11:59am

Morning folks, Gervinho had a great game I hear nice to see

36. Will

July 24, 2011 at 12:03pm

Erick, at last, we have a striker willing to run behind the defence.

37. K-TR7

July 24, 2011 at 12:09pm

Howdy folks.good analysis of the game.

38. Will

July 24, 2011 at 12:15pm

KT, think everyone has gone to the pub.

39. Potter

July 24, 2011 at 12:19pm

Adam , as previously stated you can’t just say sell players. You need to find a buyer that will pay the price and then the player’s agent has to agree wages.etc. If you are on £ 50 grand a week at Arsenal you are not going to accept £ 35 at another club. That’s why the likes of Bendtner and Eboue are still with us and why Denilson is only out on loan . We have managed our squad badly and paid too many fringe players too much money.They are in a comfort zone and that is why we get the performances that we do from them.

40. Will

July 24, 2011 at 12:26pm

I think we need to look at our wage structure.

41. 2pistols 2cannons

July 24, 2011 at 12:29pm

Totaly agree irish gooner, squillaci would make John Terry look bad!! He was awful yesterday as always, I felt sorry for Djourou. Why do we keep talking about Mata and now Corzola….We dont need any more Little guys we need pure power at the back ie cahill,samba and power in middle ie fletcher,yaya. Right now if he aint 6+ he aint worth looking at Alvarez would have been nice!!! last point, who the F**k wants Jagielka not me for sure!! he aint better than Cahill,samba he aint even better than Djourou and if he comes he’ll be 4th choice boo, boo, boo UNACEPTABLE for the mighty ARSENAL

42. Joaquim moreira

July 24, 2011 at 12:30pm

Hello!
    For me , Gervinho wasn’t a surprise.
    Felipe Melo is now in Galatasaray on loan fron Juventus.
    I’ m reading now we were intwresting in Enzo Perez (Estudiantes) now in Benfica, in 2009.
    If we sell 8/9/10 players we must buy more then one or two players..

43. Adam

July 24, 2011 at 12:41pm

Potter. I agree. It seems easy on paper. But who decided they should be paid those figures in the first place? Madness. Also, there is something immoral about Barca and RM paying stupid money when Spain has 20% unemployment and rising and the whole country is deep in the shit. Money rules sad to say. You can see that with Nasri. We can’t pay him enough to stay. plus he recognizes that our team is stagnating. Arrogant of him, but unfortunately true. Still, they can always put the season ticket prices up again, or so they think.

44. K-TR7

July 24, 2011 at 12:44pm

I think we should base our gameplay on the first half as thats what Arsenal should play.the pace in that side was very good and with ryo/gerv/theo/AA we can form a counter attacking machine.ameplay on the first half as thats what Arsenal should play.the pace in that side was very good and with ryo/gerv/theo/AA we can form a counter attacking machine.

45. K-TR7

July 24, 2011 at 12:54pm

The 2nd half also showed why nasri if he stays and cesc goes he shouldn’t be his replacement.in our formation cesc is the fulcrum and our play revolves around him.cesc has awareness of the players around him;his positioning on the field depends on the movement of players around him.when rvp comes deep to allow theo/nasri to make diagonal runs.cesc will drop deep to allow this to happen.when nasri/theo stay wide cesc will push up to support rvp.nasri on the other hand has little awareness of players around him.he ends up holding onto the ball for too long as a result.nasri’s reference is only to the goal and the ball and thats why he is ill-suited to playing in the middle and is better on the wing.jack/rosicky are better suited to cesc’s role than nasri.

46. arsenal fan

July 24, 2011 at 1:31pm

anyone watching the india vs england test….
    its evenly balanced for me…..

47. Erick

July 24, 2011 at 1:41pm

Thats what we luck, players running behind defenders hope Gervinho can make it count

July 24, 2011 at 1:49pm

Boo, any news??

July 24, 2011 at 1:59pm

Back to the garden for me….. Laters

50. Erick

July 24, 2011 at 2:33pm

Rico your doing some gardening, nice no news apparently its all speculation

July 24, 2011 at 2:44pm

Boo! Hello, all. It’s no fun being made to wait for buys. And it’s not even as if we are waiting for mega signings. :) If Nasri won’t sign, then it’s best we sell him. No point letting him go on a free next season. Only of course, if we reinvest the proceeds of his sale in a good buy…

52. Doc Brody

July 24, 2011 at 3:06pm

AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL

Here’s what I saw yesterday… Arsenal once again “figuring out” some bizarre way to throw away a lead. I’m not just talking about Jenkinson’s own goal, I’m also referring to Ramsey’s complete loss of concentration and the resulting turnover, not to mention the poor play from many others towards the end of the first half.

As good as it was to see Gervinho score off two great balls from Jack and Theo, our play in those last few minutes of the first half was truly horrifying. I am actually quite angry.

We are lucky Wenger was able to reset with 10 subs at the half. I wouldn’t have been surprised to see us pull out a loss from that game.

And for those who have written off Jenkinson’s own goal as an unlucky fluke, I say your going to easy on the kid and our defensive unit as a whole. That goal was the direct result of a last ditch attempt to clear a ball because of poor positioning that allowed Colgne to get up nd over our line far to often.

Just awful. We don’t just need one more defensive signing. We need 2 or 3 quality players and a new defensive coach.

53. Will

July 24, 2011 at 3:07pm

I say, we get a top, top class player and when Nasri changes his mind, tell him the new guy is his replacement.

July 24, 2011 at 4:06pm

Evening Guys and Gals…..

55. Will

July 24, 2011 at 4:32pm

Evening Rico.

Do you really want this Jag guy?

56. Merlin96

July 24, 2011 at 4:37pm

During his heydays, and all those Real’s tappings over Reyes, Wenger said he will not keep a player who does not wish to play for Arsenal and his door is always opened.

Then why is he going back on his own philosophy in builidn g ateam, based on “Special Togetherness”?

Isn’t this continuing “Cesc & Nasri” saga going to tear the team apart and losing the dressing room in keeping disgruntled players who will not put in any effect, just being “professional” on the pitch?

Nasri?
    Just sell him and move on.

Cesc?
    Just do a “Reyes Loan” deal and loan him to Barca to get him out of Emirates with a 40-mil price tag. He will either became so indispensable that BArca will be willing to cough up that 40-mil by summer 2012…or Cesc returns to EMirates to rot in the Reserves…and then continues another 2012/13 season loan…..
    Or Cesc will get so sick of being a bit-part players warming the bench that he is willing to be sold to any club who can pay 40-mil.

Either way, we get rid of Cesc and starts the rebuilding process in AUgust 2011.

Put it this way.
    All I see are psoturings and bargainings which will see the departure of NAsri and Cesc by August 31, 2011.

SIck of it all.

July 24, 2011 at 4:55pm

Hi Will,

No, he’s too short and a crock….

July 24, 2011 at 4:58pm

Hi Merlin

I wish we could just sell them both asap and like you say, move one….

You never know, that might attract other midfielders to us, after all, all the time we have Cesc, Nasri, Jack, Aaron, where would a newbie fit in or get a game???

59. Joaquim moreira

July 24, 2011 at 5:08pm

we will decide our transfers on the 31th august and then, like last year, we buy Squil … god improve four our squad.

60. Will

July 24, 2011 at 5:09pm

I agree Rico. We need a tall, commanding centre back.

July 24, 2011 at 5:24pm

Hi JM, right now it is looking that way but ther is still five weeks left ;)

I just wish AW and IG hadn’t promised us all early signings, then I wouldn’t feel quite so agitated…

July 24, 2011 at 5:25pm

Will,

so why is Wenger looking as if he will waste 16 million on a player who will not rectify our errors in defence??

Samba would cost £12 Milion and Cahill £17 million, both of those are a much better option, much much better….

July 24, 2011 at 5:37pm

Is this for real?????

The Cesc Fabregas transfer saga has taken yet another turn, following the revelation that AC Milan are set to make a lucrative offer to Arsenal for their captain.

The midfielder has been strongly tipped to return home to Barcelona this summer, for the third pre-season in succession, however the Rossoneri may have something to say about his future, according to the latest reports.

According to MiroSport, the Italian champions are prepared to offer the Gunners €35 million, as well as the services of Mathieu Flamini and Urby Emanuelson.

According to Transfermarkt.de, these two players would be worth a combined total of €17.5 million, meaning the Rossoneri would be paying €52.5 million for the 24-year-old Spaniard.

Neither club have commented on these latest reports to date, so for the time being, they remain purely speculation, as the future of Fabregas remains as unclear as ever before.

64. wellingooner

July 24, 2011 at 6:12pm

Let Cesc go back to Barcelona and let Sami go off to Man City. That could bring in £35m and £25m. What can’t we do with £60m? Not to mention that there is still a lot left over from the original budget. Buy Mata/Hazard for the left side, Vidal, Cahill and Jose Enrique for our defense problems. I’m not sure what that costs but I bet it isn’t out of our reach financially. A 4-3-3 of Szczesny, Sagna, Vermaelen, Cahill, Enrique, Ramsey, Vidal, Wilshere, Gervinho, RVP and Mata/Hazard looks to me like a VERY strong side. Probably better off without Sam and Cesc who would only put in more weak attempts and wont deliver when needed to.

65. stevepalmer1

July 24, 2011 at 6:14pm

Grab that with both hands if thats true Rico

66. realsocialdad

July 24, 2011 at 6:20pm

they bid all they want rico cesc does want to play there

67. itchyballs

July 24, 2011 at 6:21pm

how about”kozzer”for left back if we get a c/half?would rather that if we don’t gat a left back?maybe not a s crazy as it seems.over to you rico..

68. stevepalmer1

July 24, 2011 at 6:22pm

am i talking to myself on here or what, any Gooners out there, that has got more good news “please tell”

July 24, 2011 at 6:24pm

wellingooner,

add samba and i’d be happy … ish ;)

July 24, 2011 at 6:26pm

Steve,

That Urby guy is too attacking and flamini, not for me if im honest, he pooped on us…..

71. K-TR7

July 24, 2011 at 6:27pm

WelliG Vidal is a juventus player.

July 24, 2011 at 6:28pm

itchyballs, i know no more than you guys, but why should we make do? we need a LB, so we should buy one rather than move players away from their natural position….

73. stevepalmer1

July 24, 2011 at 6:29pm

Cesc wants to go as the reports are saying, and if they are prepared to pay the going rate for a guy thats had a hamstring injury for 6 months sell him.If this is true and Cesc goes I wouldn’t be happy with Cesc leaving, but i would be happy that its not Barca that will get him

74. W.A.T.H

July 24, 2011 at 6:29pm

Grab the vodka Steve the news ain’t to clever mate…!

75. stevepalmer1

July 24, 2011 at 6:31pm

Rico take the deal and flog em buy Cahill and Parker and Bobs your uncle

July 24, 2011 at 6:31pm

hi rsd, i know – its either barca or afc for him…. annoyingly

July 24, 2011 at 6:32pm

Hi WATH…

steve, who’d want them though??

78. stevepalmer1

July 24, 2011 at 6:32pm

Hi Wath, you got more bad news havn’t you

79. K-TR7

July 24, 2011 at 6:33pm

Milan can shove their offer where the sun doesn’t shine.flamini screwed us and he has regressed since leaving us.he also only shone in one season.

80. stevepalmer1

July 24, 2011 at 6:37pm

Flamini’s not that bad we could loan them out and get their wages paid

81. K-TR7

July 24, 2011 at 6:39pm

I’m supporting paraguay tonight.both uruguay and paraguay are masters of the dark arts so i don’t like either.i would’ve loved to see chile but they are out.

July 24, 2011 at 6:49pm

Kt,

Talking about that game and the competition, i am wondering if whoever wenger is buying is involved in the competition and nothing will be sorted until after tonight…

Just a thought…..

83. W.A.T.H

July 24, 2011 at 6:50pm

I wouldn’t ruin your Sunday Steve so I’ll do a Stan and keep silent ;-)

84. W.A.T.H

July 24, 2011 at 7:14pm

I’ll do a Stan and be silent Steve not gonna ruin your sunday mate ;-)

85. W.A.T.H

July 24, 2011 at 7:15pm

See chavs linker with M’Vila now……. another player who would be a great signing for us and wenger procrastinates yet again……

86. K-TR7

July 24, 2011 at 7:18pm

Im not supporting Paraguay for sporting reasons rico…larissa Riquelme promised to strip nude if paraguay won.i don’t like either team though…

87. EastSidePaul

July 24, 2011 at 7:18pm

I would gladly welcome Flamini back.

88. K-TR7

July 24, 2011 at 7:19pm

Hi silent wath.

July 24, 2011 at 7:25pm

….Thought you were keeping quiet WATH, why then tell us bad news…. ;)

July 24, 2011 at 7:26pm

I might watch then Kt, are Paraguay likely to win ;)

July 24, 2011 at 7:28pm

ESP, Why, after what he did to us – could you trust him??

92. K-TR7

July 24, 2011 at 7:29pm

Paraguay are a poor team rico.they’ve reached the finals without winning a single match.

93. EastSidePaul

July 24, 2011 at 7:38pm

-Rico

Just because I don’t take it personally, I remember the job he did for us, and we are missing it at the club, he should have never been sold.

94. K-TR7

July 24, 2011 at 7:44pm

EP-flamini wasn’t sold,he lied that he would renew and thats why we let him go.he screwed us as he ended up walking away on a free.

July 24, 2011 at 7:45pm

So Uraguay should win then Kt??

ESP, he wasn’t sold – According to AW, he said he was sure he would sign a new contract but walked on a free instead…..

96. K-TR7

July 24, 2011 at 7:45pm

*we let diarra go*

July 24, 2011 at 7:46pm

Diarra is the one i wish we had kept too…

98. K-TR7

July 24, 2011 at 7:46pm

You never know with paraguay rico.i wouldn’t surprised if they won.

July 24, 2011 at 7:49pm

I won’t be watching anyway Kt, haven’t really watched any of it…. The womens WC was more interesting, especially with Japan winning in the end :)

July 24, 2011 at 7:58pm

I’m done for the day guys, catch you all tomorrow…

Have a good one, nighty night….

101. W.A.T.H

July 24, 2011 at 8:31pm

Hi KT hope your good matey……

102. K-TR7

July 24, 2011 at 9:12pm

Shame on you suarez!!!

103. Joaquim moreira

July 24, 2011 at 9:48pm

Uruguay has a great squad.
    Suarez is a good player. (in Arsenal will be a star)
    which we need: Arévalo or Daniel Perez (Denilson place); Alvaro Pereira (left back)… and Coates (the young central back)

104. W.A.T.H

July 24, 2011 at 9:50pm

We won’t buy any of those players JM…… We’ll be lucky if he buys anyone before Sep 1st…!

105. K-TR7

July 24, 2011 at 9:53pm

In my opinion we’re done in the market.

106. Joaquim moreira

July 24, 2011 at 9:58pm

unfortunately W.a.T.H… we run for Jakielska (!!!)

107. W.A.T.H

July 24, 2011 at 9:59pm

JM, I have no idea why we are even slightly consdering him, worst one of the 3 that we supposedly want in my opinion, he will fit in well though he’s injured half the season !!

108. Joaquim moreira

July 24, 2011 at 10:02pm

However, they haven’t Messi, Neymar… they play like a squad, very united. They are stronger in all positions. In two years, they were 4th in thw world cup and win now the American cup.

109. Jekyll

July 24, 2011 at 10:17pm

The key thing that those who would defend Song as our DM should remember is he actually doesn’t want to play the position. He went on last season about ‘adding goals’ to his game and kept ambling forward and getting caught out of position. So how about we buy a DM who actually plays the position and actually wants to?

Of course, Wenger will do nothing about this, nor will he about CB. The insulting bid for Jagielka is just to try and take some heat off his back. He wants to go into the new season with the same 4 CBs. We all know what’s going to happen as a result of that.

I also don’t think Nasri’s lack of commitment will convince Wenger he should be sold now after all. Wenger has many uncommitted players on his books, we saw that last season, it doesn’t seem to be an important characteristic for him. I think his main concern is it’ll make him look bad if he sells both Nasri and Cesc. It’ll spell the end of his 7 year vanity project. For that reason I hope they both go. In fact I’d rather we had a bad season next season and Wenger then went than flatter to deceive again, flirt with challenging, then end up in 4th yet again, so Wenger can do it all again. It’s well overdue time for change at Arsenal but it’ll never happen as long as Wenger keeps getting 3rd/4th.

110. W.A.T.H

July 24, 2011 at 10:42pm

Sad but quite true Jekyll…… Wenger is his own worst enemy and his stubborness is causing us all problems as he fails to address whats been staring most in the face for 3/4 years…!

July 25, 2011 at 12:03am

Sounds like everyone is really buzzing with the thought of another rip-roaring season just around the corner.
    Btw, goodnight Rico………i