Cesc Fabregas isn't worth much! Two new signings to play for reserves today…

Here we go again then and it’s not even the 1st July..

Reports coming out of Spain suggest that Barcelona president Sandro Rossell has said they will be able to afford to offer us £45Million for Cesc Fabregas in the summer. That’s the total of their transfer budget but that could be more if they sell any players.

Barcelona offered £30Million last summer as we all know which was so rebuffed by us.

But, all this is bizarre as Rossell goes on to say that a players value falls as each year passes so how come they are prepared to offer more?

The maximum amount we have to spend in the transfer market is £45million, not counting player exits. If we do not sell any players, it will not be possible to sign any player above this price.

Last year, we offered Arsenal £30million and, with each passing year, the player’s price falls.
The future of Cesc is in his hands and we could only negotiate with Arsenal if Guardiola insists.

But only with a sale is it possible to increase the money for the negotiations.”

Rossell then talks about our February capture of Jon Toral:

Our relationship with Arsenal is not good. The Toral issue has not pleased us.

Good!!

41-year-old Mad Jens is heading for his first match in over a year this afternoon when he plays for the reserves and he’s not the only Arsenal ‘old boy’ who will be getting a run out.

Former Arsenal striker and free agent Jérémie Aliadière will also be in the reserve squad today. He’s been training with Arsenal while he tries to find a new club but he has admitted he hopes to stay and be part of the first team squad.

He has told the clubs official magazine that:

Deep down in my heart, my ambition is to convince the boss that I can still do good things for Arsenal if he is looking for a forward for next season.

He knows me. He knows what I am capable of. I love this club. It’s my home, my soul.

I am so happy and grateful to be here right now that I would love the story to continue.

Well like with all fictional books, stories come to an end Jérémie and yes, the boss knows exactly what you are capable of, that’s why he sold you to Middlesbrough in 2007 for just £1.5Million.

It does kind of make you worry a bit though doesn’t it……

Few little rumours –

This morning we are being linked with both goal keepers Manuel Neuer and Maarten Stekelenburg – either of those two would be a great signing wouldn’t it and it certainly would resolve our goal keeping problem. If you believe all you read then the latter is supposed to have said: “If an offer from Arsenal arrives, I will leave.” Interesting eh ;)

Mind you, we have also been linked with Gianluigi Buffonin the last few days.

Rumour is that talks between Juventus and Arsenal are set to begin over the propsed transfer of Gael Clichy – I doubt this one has any substance either….

Torres has told Cesc to stay put as he won’t get into the current Barcelona side and Gary Cahill has told Jack to go play in the under England 21’s. Talking of Jack, tonight he and many other of our players will be on International duty again, fingers and toes crossed for their safe return to Arsenal.

That’s it for another day, have a good one all…..

54 thoughts on “Cesc Fabregas isn't worth much! Two new signings to play for reserves today…

March 29, 2011 at 9:24am

Morning all….

2. Surrey Gunner

March 29, 2011 at 9:37am

Torres 50 Milion, Andy Carrol 35 million, Cesc 45 Million, there seems no logic here who would you prefer in your team.

Arsenal really cant let Barca take him, this is not about commerical logic it about pride. If he goes we will take two steps back.

Can someone in the Arsenal board/management team please complain to the UEFA about these approaches if there so particulare about bring the game in to disrepute.

3. deejaybee

March 29, 2011 at 10:06am

Gianluigi Buffonin… one Russian in the team is eanough….. According to aliadiere, he was on the point of signing for West ham until his injury… so he’s well qualified to sign for the arse then.

March 29, 2011 at 10:08am

Morning Surrey and deejay

Spot on re Cesc, £50 million has to be the minimum..

No place is our side for Aliadiere, wasn’t the first time round so no chance for a second…

5. K-TR7

March 29, 2011 at 10:10am

March 29, 2011 at 10:11am

Popping off for an hour…

March 29, 2011 at 10:12am

Hi Kt, be back shortly, library van day for me and i need a couple of books about defenders and goal keepers ;)

8. dEX

March 29, 2011 at 10:12am

Arsene wenger is the tightest c**t i have ever known. I would not be surprised in the slightest if he shopped at lidl or those 99p shops. You do things cheaply, you get cheap results.

March 29, 2011 at 10:13am

Morning Rico, couldn’t send a couple to AW could you??

10. Will

March 29, 2011 at 10:48am

We are quickly becoming the joke club in the premiership.

Bring back DD. He knew what to do with Wenger.

March 29, 2011 at 10:52am

Hi Dex,

Please mind the ‘c’ word its the only real rule on here, thanks :)

Otherwise, i think many agree unless wearing rose tinted specs of course…….

March 29, 2011 at 10:54am

Hi Lee,

He could certainly do with them..

I know we don’t know if the Stekelenburg comment is true but just imagine it is – here we have a player who WANTS to play for us and we need a top class keeper so why doesn’t wenger go get him?

We cry out for players who want to play for us and not just pick up a wage don’t we?

March 29, 2011 at 10:57am

Will,

As long as we keep the better players, others will still want to play for us but if we start selling Cesc etc, that will fade very fast….

Now all wenger needs to do is add to what we have….and rid the rest

March 29, 2011 at 10:58am

Is DD really the answer?

March 29, 2011 at 11:00am

See Gallas has signed on for another two seasons….

16. Steve Palmer

March 29, 2011 at 11:32am

Morning all,
    Make no mistake Alialidare will be with us next year,Why because his free, right up Wenger street sold him for one and a half get him back for nothing thats Arsenals way to do buisness, and if he signed Jens at 41,then Jerryboy will fit in with the other load of rubbish we have

March 29, 2011 at 11:42am

Hi Steve

That worries me big time….

18. Jekyll

March 29, 2011 at 11:43am

Why else is Aliadiere playing for the reserves? Wenger must be thinking about giving him another chance. He was at Arsenal for 8 years and was a total flop. He is so bad he doesn’t even have a club now.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he was our ‘big’ summer signing… Wenger is getting more and more extreme.

19. Steve Palmer

March 29, 2011 at 12:06pm

Worries me as well rico, but has wengers mark all over it.

March 29, 2011 at 12:27pm

Jekyll, i seriously hope its just a case of keeping fit until he finds himself a club..

Steve – i know, but surely even wenger wouldn’t be so stupid… would he ;)

March 29, 2011 at 12:28pm

Got to pop off again for a bit, back in a while….

22. Jekyll

March 29, 2011 at 12:51pm

If it was just a case of keeping fit then fair enough, he’d just be using the training ground, but the fact Wenger has him in the reserve squad for tonight – taking up a valuable space a youth player could be using – means he must be playing him with a view to signing him up again.

Let’s hope it doesn’t get that far but you know Wenger would love to do it if he possibly can justify it to himself. He gave Aliadere 8 years of chances last time, don’t forget. He’s like Diaby, one Wenger would only let go with huge reluctance after years and years of damaging our first team. He’d just love to be ‘proved right’ after all. This is what Wenger is all about these days.

23. Will

March 29, 2011 at 1:48pm

If we get Ali back, it will be the death knell for Wenger.

24. Will

March 29, 2011 at 2:22pm

AJAX keeper Maarten Stekelenburg has issued a ‘come-and-get-me’ plea to Arsenal.
    The Holland star has kept 13 clean sheets in 26 league games this season but is currently sidelined after breaking his thumb in training a fortnight ago.

The 6ft 6in stopper is among the candidates Manchester United are considering to replace Edwin van der Sar, who is set to retire at the end of this term.

And Juventus have also been linked with a bid for Stekelenburg, with Gianluigi Buffon’s future in Turin remaining in doubt.

But it appears the Dutchman — who has a year left on his Ajax deal — has set his heart on a move to London.

Stekelenburg, 28, said: “I have possibly played my last game for Ajax. If an offer from Arsenal arrives, I will leave.”

March 29, 2011 at 2:32pm

Will, is he free?? If not forget it……..

March 29, 2011 at 2:33pm

Someone that actually has a desire to play for Arsenal…well maybe that might rub off on some of the other players…

March 29, 2011 at 2:35pm

Boo, afternoon all…

Will, that’s in the post about the keepers….

28. Will

March 29, 2011 at 2:38pm

Didn’t see that post Rico, sorry.

I think it is good if he wants to play for us.

We need to get some top class players in but this is the last time I am saying that as it is now boring.

March 29, 2011 at 2:43pm

Hola, rico, Will, Lee. Yes, it’s not even the first of July. We are in for a looooong, boring Cesc to Barca blah de bloody blah of a summer. If he goes, he goes, but it will cost them. Well it should!

I really like this bit on Stekelenburg. :D I’ve been wanting us to go Dutch for sometime now.

March 29, 2011 at 2:47pm

It’s it the main post Will, no worries though…

Hi agag, i don’t mind either of the two mentioned if i’m honest, not so sure about Buffooooon though ;)

March 29, 2011 at 2:54pm

No, I don’t mind Stekelenburg at all, rico :D :oops: Or VdW, for that matter.

As for Aliadiere… There’s a reason we let him go… Why on earth would we know want him back?? If it’s purely to help him regain fitness, well then, fine, but if it’s seriously to get him on board again… Oh my.

March 29, 2011 at 2:57pm

Like Steve said earlier though agag, it smells of a wenger ‘new signing’ but lets hope not and its only for fitness and finding a new club – be interesting to see what happens in the reserves later….

I’m not sure it’s entirely footballing reasons you would like us to sign Stekelenburg or VdW ;)

March 29, 2011 at 3:07pm

Agag / Rico there seems to be a new recruit pattern forming!!;-)

March 29, 2011 at 3:09pm

;) ;) even!

March 29, 2011 at 3:11pm

how’s the mad german doing in the game now?

March 29, 2011 at 3:18pm

Whatever could you mean, rico? :P

Lee, Wigan are leading…

37. Joaquim Moreira

March 29, 2011 at 3:24pm

David Luiz (Chelsea) (from a dayly sport newspaper):
    The central Luiz David said he had other offers to leave Benfica and Chelsea were always his first choice.
    “It could have gone to other clubs but Chelsea responded to my personal ambitions. It was always my first choice since I learned of interest. From that moment, wanted to come to the club. It’s a club that want success as much as I, “the Brazilian said, quoted by The Sun, assuming they have much to learn from the stars of the London club.
    “It is a team with great players and it helps me be a better player too. There was also the attraction of coming to England and play against some of the best players in the World, shot

I gather that some of the other proposals was Arsenal. I read yesterday, Juve its interesting in Stekelenberg and I think he is free en the end of the season.
    Aside: after the post, I am left in doubt whether Arsenal are thinking of creating a team of Veterans, of Old Glories or maybe even, the Beach Soccer !!!

March 29, 2011 at 3:30pm

Lee, what are you suggesting ;) ;)

March 29, 2011 at 3:31pm

agag, the same as Lee i think ;)

Jens concedes already then, Almunia will be laughing …..

March 29, 2011 at 3:32pm

Just an observation…..nothing concrete! ;)

March 29, 2011 at 3:34pm

Hi JM, it’s more likely that Chelsea met his wage demands and they were prepared to pay what his club asked…

I didn’t realise he was free next summer, that no doubt will mean if he doesn’t sign a new contract soon they will want to get the best price this summer….

March 29, 2011 at 3:36pm

Just one bit from the reserve game text updates…

‘WHAT A LET OFF: Lehmann ventures out of his area on the right and loses out. The ball gets squared and Boateng is forced to save a certain goal with a brilliant block’

Fill you with confidence???

No, me neither…..

March 29, 2011 at 3:41pm

Didn’t realise they are down to ten, Miquel sent off rather harshly…..

March 29, 2011 at 4:31pm

all quiet here so catch up in a bit…

45. Will

March 29, 2011 at 5:01pm

I think it is quiet every where in the Arsenal world as we are alll fed up and bored stating the bleeding obvious only for Wenger to throw it in our face and bring in over the hill players.

I am so angry at Arsenal right now.

March 29, 2011 at 5:57pm

I just want the season to end now Will and see what the summer brings….

March 29, 2011 at 6:13pm

Night, everyone! Catch you all tomorrow!

March 29, 2011 at 6:18pm

see you agag, rest well….

49. Will

March 29, 2011 at 6:25pm

I know what you mean Rico. If wenger doesn’t fix the obvious, I hate to say it but it is time to go.

March 29, 2011 at 6:33pm

Yep, i think so to Will, saddens me to say that, but he’s is ruining all that he has done so far….

March 29, 2011 at 6:39pm

Seeing as it’s so quiet today, i’m going to head off for the evening –

catch up tomorrow folks