Life's about to get rough at Arsenal, bring it on I say…….

So if you believe the Daily Mail this morning, Aaron Ramsey has had this to say:

‘Jack took my job and I want my shirt back’.

Finally, we have a battle in our midfield for the right to start, a battle between two British footballers who both want to play for Arsenal.

It’s not arrogance, it’s not nastiness it’s just pure passion and desire to play for the club they signed for and it can only be very very healthy.

I’m not sure though as we watch their careers unfold, that it needs to be one or the other, I honestly believe in the seasons ahead we will see them playing alongside each other rather than one or the other and boy it’s going to be good isn’t it?

It’s quite likely the two will go head to head this Saturday when England face Wales and how refreshing it is to have two good reasons to watch an International match, I’m sure every Gooner will be watching.

Rambo has been talking about his time on the side lines:

‘Have I thought about the fact that it could be me out there?

Absolutely. I thought before my injury I was just starting to kick on. I started six or seven games on the bounce and I felt like I was going to stake a claim for a place in the first XI for Arsenal, but these things happen.

I’ve got the rest of the season to show everyone what I’m capable of. I want to prove to people that you can come back from injuries like the one I had and still be the same player.

I’m still trying to bounce back. I’m confident in my ability and I know I’m capable of playing week in, week out for Arsenal.

It’s been a long road. I’ve had a couple of loan spells and I’m starting to feel like I’m really back to where I was. I’ve had about 10 starts now and I feel good and ready to go again.

As for Jack, he has come in and done really well. He went out on loan last season and I think that helped him. He has put in some really good performances for Arsenal. He’s no different on the training pitch from what you see in games. He’s very comfortable on the ball and there’s no doubt he’s a good player.

Put 'em up Jack....

On his injury:

Obviously, when it happened, your career just stops and is put on hold from that moment onwards for a long time.

I thought I dealt with it pretty well. I had my friends and family around to take my mind off it. Another thing was that a few people who had injuries like mine previously were kind enough to ring me. So now, I can’t do anything but take one game at a time.

And I’m definitely looking forward to this one. Not because it’s England but because it’s the next one. There have been a lot of changes with Wales.

I’ve found it difficult watching Arsenal and Wales because, basically, I’ve been off for a year.

And what if he comes face to face with Wilshere?

We have had some banter already, I’d better keep it to myself what was said.

You can bet he will want to make up for lost time by doing his talking on the pitch….

So Gooners, it may be a boring old International two week break but on Saturday we have something to look forward to, I just pray that neither of our bright stars pick up an injury as they are going to play a massive part in the rest of our league campaign and the return of a fit Aaron Ramsey is very welcome.

Now let’s get Alex Song, Cesc Fabregas and Theo Walcott back fit and take the Mancs all the way to the final day of the campaign if we have to, then win it!!

Well done to the Arsenal Ladies who secured their place in the Champions League semi-final after a 2-2 draw with Linkopin. They went through on the away goals ruling.

Also, well done to our youngster Jack Jebb, he scored for England last night in a 3-0 victory over Ireland. So we have got a goal scorer, he’s just a bit young ;)

That’s it for today, have a good day all…..

115 thoughts on “Life's about to get rough at Arsenal, bring it on I say…….

1. Erick

March 24, 2011 at 9:18am

Morning Gang, It will be nice to see Rambo vs Jack go head to head but Ramsey needs more time still in my books

March 24, 2011 at 9:18am

Morning all…

What a change it will be to sit and watch England play – can’t wait to see both Jack and Rambo….

March 24, 2011 at 9:25am

Howdy Erick, i think he’s ready and desperate to play, Dave Jones at Cardiff says he was awesome when on loan, not just for his minutes on the pitch but his attitude and comittment in training….

Timely return though :)

March 24, 2011 at 9:25am

Lee posted on yesterdays post that the crocks could be back for B’burn….

5. didee

March 24, 2011 at 9:28am

Morning All,

Rico, woooooooooooooo

I had given up on this season but my ears have been full with my mates in the office telling me chelsea will overtake us…BOLLOCKS…we are winning the league

6. john

March 24, 2011 at 9:28am

Hi everyone, little debate here,
    Do you think Ramsey will be as good as he was before, suffer any niggling injuries like Eduardo or he will be the same player as before?

Medical opinions welcome

DISCUSS

7. Erick

March 24, 2011 at 9:29am

Rico lets wait and see…Cesc said he will have a fitness test

March 24, 2011 at 9:32am

I’m with you Rico, I struggle to get excited with an England team with terry,shrek & cole in it, but sat will be good to see jack v rambo..

March 24, 2011 at 9:34am

Morning didee,

I am suddenly filled with a bit of confidence, the croscks are coming back, Rambo ready and waiting to play, if Squilli can perform miracles and Chesney’s finger heals, we can do it…..

10. Danish Gooner

March 24, 2011 at 9:34am

There are more then enough room for both of them with rosicknote,denilshite and Abou Babou hopefully set to leave.

March 24, 2011 at 9:35am

hi john, i think his injury came at the right time (if there could be a right time) all the signs are he has not mental block and isn’t frightened to get stuck in to a challenge (dave jones) unlike Eduardo who started to pull out of tackles…

I think he’ll be fine…

March 24, 2011 at 9:37am

Erick, he’s still got a few days to get fit, i’m keeping fingers crossed :)

DG, agree, its not as if the way either play reflects their age, both have mature heads on them….

13. Erick

March 24, 2011 at 9:38am

John I hope am wrong but its all in the head mate and if Rambo can get over it am sure as Danish gooner says we have more than Enough room for Jack and Rambo to flourish together

March 24, 2011 at 9:38am

Lee, its been a long time since i watched england, well prior to the last one when jack and theo played…

15. Erick

March 24, 2011 at 9:40am

Rico more than a week will do hope Theo and Songinho can return, we have some hope.

16. didee

March 24, 2011 at 9:42am

Rambo will return to form, cos he much younger than Rosicky, and Eduardo when they suffered their injuries. youth allows injuries to heal faster and completely. am praying the same will be true for the verminator

17. W.A.T.H

March 24, 2011 at 9:44am

Mornin………… I also think he will be fine John, he has the right attitude and mentality and is young enough to heal strongly, don’t forget Wrighty broke his leg twice and that was when he was lot older than Aaron.

March 24, 2011 at 9:46am

We need that ‘first eleven’ back, to have a chance, though squilli and almunia worry me big time…

19. Erick

March 24, 2011 at 9:48am

Morning GG man still punishing your liver ha ha ha Didee I had forgotten about the Verminator lol we need him back

March 24, 2011 at 9:48am

Morning WATH, i forgot wrighty suffered a broken leg, certainly didn’t stop him crunching into Schmeichel :)

March 24, 2011 at 9:49am

I’d forotten about TV too and i keep forgetting Carlos Vela….

22. W.A.T.H

March 24, 2011 at 9:50am

What Aaron really should of said is denilcrap and diabolical have been doing a real crap job at trying to replace me so now at least I am back so the fans never have to put up with them in an Arsenal shirt ever again… yes spot on Aaron and your dead right, thanx :D

Nothing wrong with the liver Erick ;-)

23. W.A.T.H

March 24, 2011 at 9:51am

He broke his leg twice when he was at Palace Rico

24. terry

March 24, 2011 at 9:51am

look at our future midfield….
    cecs rambo jack frimpong song lansbury nasri…
    man this could be the best midfield in the world any team has ever seen… hope frimpong does an essien.

mayachi and walcott our 2 wingers… they have the potential tobe one of the best in the world..

we need a leader at the back we have vermy, kozzer, jd and bartley.

wingbacks sagna and clichy (very good players)

goliee Chesney’s (definately gona b world class)

rvp, arshavin, vela (he has soooooooo much potential but not made for 433 jus like arshavin), nikki b … im not a big chamak fan… but jet has d potential(i would play him as the 3rd striker)

we should play 442 and 433 and rotate the squad coz we have so many good players.

25. didee

March 24, 2011 at 9:54am

how could y’all forget the Verminator, the season reeks of his absence

26. W.A.T.H

March 24, 2011 at 9:56am

didee, the season reeks of wenger not getting in cover for the verminator….!

March 24, 2011 at 9:59am

Thats why he walks funny then WATH ;)

28. Erick

March 24, 2011 at 10:01am

Didee am thinking so much about Djourou than TV think we all had a feeling it was over for him this season….Wath ha ha ha ha ok ok Champ

March 24, 2011 at 10:02am

hi terry, the future sure does look exciting, but how many seasons have we been waiting for our future to arrive??

Yes we have some quality coming through but we still need players in who can make a difference next seaon, players who have been there and got the t-shirt and know their job.

Players who would, if the chips are down, rally the troops and claw a win…..

30. didee

March 24, 2011 at 10:02am

WATH – roger that

March 24, 2011 at 10:03am

I think Djourou will be back for the last 3/4 games, 4 weeks recovery from one week ago, squilli just needs to pull his socks up for four games…..

32. didee

March 24, 2011 at 10:04am

Erick, yeah everyone knew TV’s season was over, everyone except AW

33. Erick

March 24, 2011 at 10:05am

Terry I think the future is bright, the problem is now or 2nd April against BB three points are vital mate

34. Erick

March 24, 2011 at 10:08am

Didee, thats what really works me up Aw is sometime too stupid or arrogant we needed cover as Wath said but he ignored it totally

35. didee

March 24, 2011 at 10:08am

Gotta go peeps, nice chatting with y’all

March 24, 2011 at 10:13am

Ctach you soon didee, be good :)

Erick, spot on, every man and his dog could see we had a problem at the back before the season, let alone in jan when we all knew TV was struggling….

March 24, 2011 at 10:27am

didn’t aw say he suspected tv’s season to be over way before jan window? and still did jack-shit about it….

March 24, 2011 at 10:34am

Yep, he did Lee, just a few weeks ago… what does that say about how much he cares about us winning?

He though was quite happy to rely on Squilli and Miquel, its just so wrong….

39. 4pigs

March 24, 2011 at 10:38am

Morning peeps

40. Erick

March 24, 2011 at 10:40am

4pigs long time mate hows the going?

41. Erick

March 24, 2011 at 10:42am

Rico Aw really buffles me..wish i understood him

42. 4pigs

March 24, 2011 at 10:46am

I’m good thanks Erick how are you?

March 24, 2011 at 11:00am

howdy 4pigs, long time and all that….

March 24, 2011 at 11:00am

Erick, I don’t think any of us will ever understand his methods….

Madness….

45. W.A.T.H

March 24, 2011 at 11:36am

Oi Piglet hows the scrumpy going mate… ;-)Save some for me…!
    Fair points Terry but Cesc might be gone soon so then we another quality player short, can’t believe you missed out D&D….! I aslo think we need to go back to 4-4-2 as this 4-3-3 crap is far to easy to sit as a 4-5-1 and then we don’t attack at all as the players are all wrong for 4-3-3…!

March 24, 2011 at 12:02pm

442 – agree re that WATH, we havn’t got the players to play any other way really…

47. W.A.T.H

March 24, 2011 at 12:19pm

Nope…………! Agreed Rico, quiet day 2day and still long way off before we get proper footie back next weekend

March 24, 2011 at 12:35pm

Its always the same in the breaks, boring really ;)

Then will come the silly season :)

March 24, 2011 at 12:36pm

Popping off for a bit, later all….

50. K-TR7

March 24, 2011 at 12:50pm

hi all.

51. Joaquim Moreira

March 24, 2011 at 1:27pm

I saw today that Sporting received 1,5 million euros with Figo (Barcelona) in 1996, Cristiano Ronaldo, with 17 years in 2003 to 15 million to MU, which seven years later sold him for 94 millions to R Madrid and Nani, in 2007, 25.5 million to MU.
    There were others, but now the three “pearls”are: Carriço (central defender), Rui Patricio (goalkeeper) (to be sold this year) and Diogo Solomon, the new Ronaldo, probably next year.

52. W.A.T.H

March 24, 2011 at 1:42pm

JM, are those three players all at Sporting…? Would any fit in well at Arsenal or they stil a little young..?

Hey KT hope all good fella.

53. K-TR7

March 24, 2011 at 1:47pm

Hi wath.we have won 71% of our games in the PL when Song starts and 0% without him.

54. W.A.T.H

March 24, 2011 at 1:49pm

Thats cos D&D can’t make a single tackle between them mate and as we’ve said for yonks we need another defensive midfielder as those two are clowns and Song isn’t a robot…!

55. K-TR7

March 24, 2011 at 1:55pm

Song is really underrated.he has been immense for us especially in the league.hopefully he’ll be back fully recharged after being out for a month.

56. K-TR7

March 24, 2011 at 2:26pm

Ramsey to captain Wales against England.

March 24, 2011 at 2:28pm

rico, finally some reason to wathc England play footie. Without ours, I can’t watch any of it. I watch Rooney and Cashley and Terry and The General Rubbish, and I break out into hives. :)

Hello, all!

March 24, 2011 at 2:29pm

Good for Rambo, should fill him with confidence! And KT, I like Song; we’re so much better with him I don’t really like him going all Songinho though.

59. K-TR7

March 24, 2011 at 2:39pm

Qatar are creating artificial clouds at a cost of £310000 each to cover training grounds and stadiums during their worldcup due to the high temperatures they experience in the summer.

60. W.A.T.H

March 24, 2011 at 2:42pm

Be cheaper 4 them to make big balloons KT ;-)

Greeting AGAG my sexy lady ;-)

March 24, 2011 at 2:45pm

Qatar is craaazy wealthy. And already building like mad…

62. K-TR7

March 24, 2011 at 2:47pm

Id be surprised agag if some poor fella from Qatar was under your spell buying you shoes and handbags…

63. K-TR7

March 24, 2011 at 2:48pm

*wasn’t*

64. W.A.T.H

March 24, 2011 at 2:50pm

KT, I can assure you I am not from Qatar….! I also make AGAG buy her own shoes ;-)

As really chuffed for Aaron….! Well done Gary Speed great choice of Captain.

March 24, 2011 at 2:50pm

Hola, GG Man!! Howdy? :)

66. W.A.T.H

March 24, 2011 at 2:53pm

How’s u AGAG…? All well I hope…!

March 24, 2011 at 2:55pm

Ahahha. I don’t know any Arabs, KT. :) Oh, and WATH is tightfisted. I have to be the one to buy him GG. What he doesn’t know is that I nick GG bottles from his warehouse. ;) :P

68. W.A.T.H

March 24, 2011 at 3:03pm

Only cos I let you steal them from my warehouse ;-)

March 24, 2011 at 3:04pm

Well done, Rambo!! :)

70. K-TR7

March 24, 2011 at 3:10pm

Agag did you know that Women are twice as much as men likely to regret about the decisions of their personal life?…i found that bit of research fascinating.

March 24, 2011 at 3:10pm

And only cos you know, those GG bottles will end bottoms up at your hands. ;)

March 24, 2011 at 3:21pm

KT, that sounds pretty spot on. :)

March 24, 2011 at 3:27pm

rambo captain on sat?

74. K-TR7

March 24, 2011 at 3:28pm

Women worry too much agag especially about the one that got away…we on the other hand get over things pretty quickly.

75. K-TR7

March 24, 2011 at 3:35pm

Yes lee.its official.

March 24, 2011 at 3:49pm

New ‘Arsenal’ Captain then, well done Rambo :)

Afernoon all….

77. Joaquim Moreira

March 24, 2011 at 3:50pm

Luis Figo, Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani were all from Sporting. There’s more … Simão Sabrosa (A. Madrid now Besiktas), Joao Moutinho (FC Porto, since this season. Vila Real is interested in it. It is a good medium and it was the great revelation of the Portuguese championship two years ago)
    Rui Patricio: it is new star and is the goalkeeper of the future Portuguese national team. It has presence in goal. It is safe and will evolve further. Within two years, will surely be on of the best goalkeeper in Europe; Carriço: good central defender, but is relatively low. It’s strong, jumps well and provides safety defensive. Diogo Solomon is new (17 or 18 years). It’s fast, stir well, technical player with “flair” to score. It will probably be the new Ronaldo / Dani. These players are already refences by many European clubs.

March 24, 2011 at 4:04pm

Oh, I don’t worry, KT. I’m the one who got away! ;)

Nice, JM. Maybe AW should stop looking to mine gold nuggets in France. We have too many players who turned out to be fool’s gold. Maybe he should look to bring in some Portuguese. :)

Hey, rico. Howdy?

79. K-TR7

March 24, 2011 at 4:05pm

Wow JM. your knowledge in Portuguese football is impressive.i’ll keep an eye on your aforementioned players.

80. K-TR7

March 24, 2011 at 4:07pm

If i was Aw id be scouting Germany,Belgium,Serbia and Slovakia for new talent.there are lots of players coming through there at the moment.

March 24, 2011 at 4:18pm

You name a few good prospects JM, i like the sound of the keeper but no doubt wenger wouldn’t even entertain buying another one…

March 24, 2011 at 4:19pm

I’m good thanks agag, finally getting some strength back in my legs after the virus, couple more days and i’ll be running a marathon ;)

Hows you??

March 24, 2011 at 4:21pm

Definately think Wenger needs to leave French players alone for a change….

March 24, 2011 at 4:22pm

So all’s well, rico?? :) That’s nice to hear. I’m great. Busy with good things for a change. But bored to death with intersnooze. You got top hits on NN. Great job!!

85. K-TR7

March 24, 2011 at 4:27pm

Hi ricolicious.speaking of the marathon;Arsenal is a marathon runner without a sprint finish kind of like Paula Radcliffe.

March 24, 2011 at 4:29pm

Thats good to hear too agag, i love this time of year, tomorrow i start planting my veggies and get the potatoes in too – spring is truly here and summer is not far away thanks goodness….. No more log fires and big heating bills :)

Yes, i saw that for yesterday, must have been people think denilson had been called up for Brazil… As if ;)

March 24, 2011 at 4:30pm

I like the story that Nikki’s dad is not happy about his son not playing – i hope he is finding his son a new club :)

March 24, 2011 at 4:36pm

It’s La Nina here this year, rico. So the annual forecast is rain, rain, and more rain. Strange not to be dying of heat in March. March and April are customarily the best times to visit the south cos that’s the sunniest of our (year-round) summer.

Nik’s always injured; and doesn’t always have the goods to back the sales talk. I wish his father would shut it.

March 24, 2011 at 4:44pm

But i bet it’s warm though when it rains – here in the uk, its just rain and cold ;)

His father has always got a lot to say, i just wish the pair of them would shut up and leave England…

90. K-TR7

March 24, 2011 at 4:45pm

We are very lucky to have both jack and ramsey playing for us.they’ll be 2/3rds of our future midfied but in my opinion ramsey will be a better player than jack.

March 24, 2011 at 4:46pm

‘Liverpool’s new director of football Damien Comolli claims the club are already looking at summer transfer targets’.

Why can’t we have a director of football doing the same ???

March 24, 2011 at 4:48pm

Agree KT, hence todays post :)

I honestly believe our future will be built around them, especailly once cesc has gone…

March 24, 2011 at 4:52pm

The 19-year-old left-back recently broke into Chris Powell’s first team but now looks set to leave The Valley at the end of the season with his performances having reportedly caught the eye of Gunners boss Arsene Wenger.

“We’ve worked hard to convince Carl that he would be a key figure in Chris Powell’s plans going forward,” chairman Michael Slater told the club’s official website.

“But regrettably Carl will not sign the contract and has indicated he wishes to leave the club at the end of the season.

“Having been with the club for 11 years and recently described his run of games in the first team as ‘a dream come true’, it is a real shame that he appears to have decided his future lies elsewhere.”

Better news for the Addicks is that 20-year-old right-back Chris Solly has agreed a new two-year deal.

March 24, 2011 at 4:54pm

Here, it’s hot and hotter, rico. :)

I still think Cesc is the best of all our players (and Robin), but I have every confidence in the talents coming through. And rico, Lansbury is doing you proud! I’m now glad for his loan spell. Hopefully, AW can see that there is more drive and talent there than in a few of in our first team.

If we had secured two or three quality signings, we’d be top of the league now.

95. K-TR7

March 24, 2011 at 4:56pm

Rico did you see the Song stat?

96. K-TR7

March 24, 2011 at 5:02pm

Agag the thing about cesc that is very rare is his football brain.he is a genius at what he does.AW said cesc had nothing to learn technically when he first arrived.he seems to have a CCTV image of the pitch very similar to xavi in that aspect.id be absolutely gutted for him if he left us without major honours as he is an absolute marvel of a footballer.

March 24, 2011 at 5:03pm

:lol: agag, keep drinking the water …..

Some don’t think Lansbury has what it takes, i strongly disagree, that celebration after scoring against the spuds told me he has what it takes to play for arsenal…. i love him….

KT, I did but to be fair, stats don’t tell it all, in Songs case he’s better than his stats – he is immense and when he doesn’t play we lack that something rugged in the midfield….

Not only that, it’s the gulf in quality when he’s out, we have had nothing anywhere near as good as him in reserve…..

March 24, 2011 at 5:04pm

KT, i loved your marathon comment – i’m still hoping the crocks will come back and be our Radcliffe ;)

99. K-TR7

March 24, 2011 at 5:06pm

Jack is different from cesc as he is more of a dribbler but he can still pass.ramsey is the closest to cesc with also the ability to make driving runs like Gerrard.in terms of football brain cesc is superior to them both.

March 24, 2011 at 5:09pm

Have said the same KT, thats why i don’t think wenger will worry when cesc does finally go as we have Rambo coming on

i also still believe that is why cesc comes back early from injury, wenger knows he is off one day and he wants to make sure that when he does go, he’s not half the player he used to be… fitness wise…

101. K-TR7

March 24, 2011 at 5:09pm

Rico i was referring to my 1:47pm comment;we have won 71% of our games with Song in the league and 0% without him.

March 24, 2011 at 5:13pm

I know KT….. :)

I always get carried away about Song, he is so so under rated…..

March 24, 2011 at 5:14pm

You remember his Nike ad, KT?? With numerous screens showing his options? Perfect advert. No one can spot a pass quite like our Cesc. I hope we keep him; I hope he keeps his patience in the team. I would be devastated if his first proper club trophy is not won in our red and white. :( :(

104. K-TR7

March 24, 2011 at 5:41pm

Time seems to stop when he is on the ball.its such a shame because if we had won more trophies he would’ve been mentioned alongside messi right now.

March 24, 2011 at 6:36pm

i don’t think that will ever happen now KT…..

106. Joaquim Moreira

March 24, 2011 at 6:46pm

I forgot Paulo Futre… yes, I know everything about Potuguese football. Keep an eye in F.c. Porto, Benfica and Sporting players (at least…). Portugal is an open door to Brezilian ands sud-american players (Argentinians, Uruguay, colombia…) players. Usually, is a not a different football, easy adaptation (language,way of life, food…). The school boys of those 3 big clubs is very important. The scouts form the big european clubs are everywhere in Portugal and in stadiums of the big and regular matches of the 1st division. Arsenal has too but is not very strong comparing to MU, barcelona, Inter, Real Madid, Liverpool, M city, german teams…A big mistake and something to keep in mind and replace in the future.

March 24, 2011 at 6:54pm

JM – KT loves his Euro footie and writes posts for HH, how would you fancy writing one about the Potuguese league etc, an who we could look to buy??

108. K-TR7

March 24, 2011 at 6:59pm

Rico it will happen.he is playing with a ballon d’Or contender Vassiriki Abou Diaby.

March 24, 2011 at 7:02pm

I love your humour KT, Diaby will only ever blow up a baloon, he’ll never win one, thats for sure….

110. K-TR7

March 24, 2011 at 7:04pm

I used to watch lots of Portuguese football a while back but nowadays am more into the Bundesliga.when i watch that league i love watching Benfica play.Coentrao is a really exciting player.di maria was also a big loss for them.i remember watching Quaresma tear defences out with simplicity.i’ll keep an eye on the league now that JM has raised my curiosity.

111. K-TR7

March 24, 2011 at 7:09pm

By the way JM what happened to Joao Moutinho?he looked really promising and was almost a carbon copy for Deco.whats up with him?

March 24, 2011 at 7:20pm

I’m off for the day guys, catch up tomorrow…

be good, nighty night…..

113. Joaquim Moreira

March 24, 2011 at 11:50pm

Joao Moutinho plays in Porto. It’s one of the most important players of the team in the midfield Next match Benfica-Porto may decide the title. Porto and Benfica are now very strong in the League and in europe. Coentrao maybe go to Real Madrid, M united or Bayern. Quaresma is in Besiktas. Grimandi is the scout inFrance for Arsenal. Who is in Portugal ? anybody knows?

March 25, 2011 at 7:51am

Morning all

JM – i’m not sure who is our scout in Portugal, not even sure we have one there..

March 25, 2011 at 9:14am