Arsene is a Very, Very, Naughty Boy

The Arsenal AGM was held this Thursday just gone, and Arsene surprised even some of his fiercest critics by fielding all questions hurled at him.  The normal format at the AGM is for attendees to submit questions, in advance, for Board members to answer. Except our potential future owner surly Silent Stan, he apparently just sat looking sullen and said bugger all. Nice!

Arsene had a rough ride last year at the AGM, and was expected to provide only ready-made answers this year, but not a bit of it. He is a knowledgeable, decent man and treats all questioners with candour and humour, sometimes to his own detriment.

For instance, earlier in the week, Arsene had admitted, at his regular press conference, that he had sometimes been economical with the truth.  Wow, can’t you just hear the media and opposition fans sharpening their pens, or in this digital age, making sure Microsoft Word is set to automatically check their spelling and their grammar!
Arsene has recently admitted to telling little white lies, to questions asked by the press boys! Oh my goodness, that’s appalling, the “Meedja” would never, ever tell porkies. They are as pure as the driven snow, and that goes without saying. Yeah, right!

A News of the World reporter saw half a dozen kids standing in a circle with a dog on a string. Worried they intended to hurt the dog, he asked them what they were going to do with it. “Oh, he’s a stray and we all want to keep him, so we are going to have a competition, and the one who can tell the biggest lie, gets to keep him”. Horrified, the reporter said, “Don’t you know it’s wrong to lie. When I was your age I never told a lie.” There was a minute’s silence, until the youngest boy said, “Alright, give him the dog”.

Out of the mouths of the innocents ………..

Arsene said he always consulted with the player concerned, before telling the media the agreed story. So, do his fibs come into the usual category, with which we are all familiar? You know; “Don’t worry……. I’m sterile” or “Of course I love you” or “She means nothing to me”. Or are they something more serious?

So what could be more serious you ask? Well how about something like this.

Young Johnny was taken to school by his dad, who told his new teacher he was worried about his son’s lying and gambling. When he returned in the afternoon to pick Johnny up, he asked the teacher how things had gone. The teacher said, “I think I have broken his gambling habit”, “How did you do that?” asked the dad. “Johnny bet me £2 that I had a mole on my bum”, said the teacher, “so I pulled down my knickers and won the bet by showing him I did not. He then said he would never gamble again”. “Damn”, said the dad, “the lying sod bet me £50 this morning that he would see his teacher’s bum, before I picked him up from school today”.
Darn it, I think I just mislead you, but was it important? No, I don’t think any harm was done. And that’s the point. If a lie is spoken to deceive for gain, or to harm someone, that is serious, but I doubt that any fib perpetrated by Arsene falls into this category. He clearly said what he did to protect the player, and not for any wicked purpose.

So what would I classify as “wicked”? That, of course, is very subjective, as one person’s wicked is another person’s funny. What do you think of the following?

A bus filled with politicians was taking a remote country road, on its way to the next political venue, when the driver became distracted and crashed the bus into a ditch, turning it over.
A farmer rushed over to the scene and because of the remote location, decided to bury all the bodies.
The next day the police showed up and questioned the farmer. “So you decided to bury all the politicians? Were they all dead?”. “Well” said the farmer “some of them said they weren’t, but you know how politicians lie!”

If you have stayed with me up to here, you are probably aware by now, I don’t have much time for the stupid feeding frenzy, encouraged by certain journalists, whenever Arsene Wenger opens his mouth.

So I leave you with this thought;

Sport of choice; for Fleet Street maintenance workers. Basketball
Sport of choice; for Fleet Street Office Cleaners. Rugby
Sport of choice; for Fleet Street Secretaries and Office Workers. Volley Ball
Sport of choice; for Fleet Street Receptionists. Cricket
Sport of choice; for People who hate Arsene. Golf
Sport of choice; for Fleet Street Journalists. Table Tennis

The moral of this is that Journalists play with the smallest balls.

Written by Red Arse

166 thoughts on “Arsene is a Very, Very, Naughty Boy

October 26, 2010 at 9:16am

Morning all,

Thanks RA, thats a good fun read, I thought the morale of the story was that journalists are a bunch of w****rs :)

2. charybdis1966

October 26, 2010 at 9:24am

Hi RedA/Rico – the moral of the story is also ”Journalists aren’t there to tell us the news, they are there to sell papers” – but yes, they are all just a bunch of pompous, hypocritical douche buckets.

3. K-TR7

October 26, 2010 at 9:25am

Morning all.Hilarious post RA.remember sky claiming rooney is better than messi…well he isn’t even in the 23 man list of FIFA Ballon d’Or!congrats to cesc for making it.only gyan and drogba in the PL made it while laliga have 11 players.

October 26, 2010 at 9:26am

Morning chary and KT…

Got to pop out for an hour…

5. keeming

October 26, 2010 at 9:27am

I believe you have a lot of time on your hands

6. charybdis1966

October 26, 2010 at 9:32am

Yes KTR7 – but what these idiots who assemble the nominations forget is that the England squad play with passion, they get stuck in and of course they never dive.
    Villa, pah what about Crouch?
    Iniesta, pah, rather Gareth Barry.
    Maicon, pah, the toilet-seat thief Johnson is light years ahead.

7. W.A.T.H

October 26, 2010 at 10:01am

I can’t believe Terry, Lampturd n Cashley didn’t make the list :D

8. Red Arse

October 26, 2010 at 10:35am

Keeming,

I apologise for the delay in responding to you.

Technically, you are incorrect, I only have the time on my wrist. And now I have no more time for you.

9. W.A.T.H

October 26, 2010 at 10:38am

RA, stop being so sensative your starting to sound like an old woman………. they also have plenty time on their hands lol :D

October 26, 2010 at 10:46am

Oi, i may not be old but I certainly don’t have a lot of time on my hands :lol:

Morning RA and WATH

11. W.A.T.H

October 26, 2010 at 10:52am

Now where did I mention ur name Rico……….. guilty conscience me thinks :D

October 26, 2010 at 10:59am

:lol: as charged WATH

13. SD-London

October 26, 2010 at 11:15am

Wao RA,

Was someone surprised no English player made the list?

I would have stopped following football if any of them made the list. :|

14. W.A.T.H

October 26, 2010 at 11:20am

SD, if it was a list of top 25 overrated prima donna players we’d have loads on the list…!

October 26, 2010 at 11:22am

Hi SD, still grinning :)

No surprise at all, Gerrard must have been close, he was the only player who tried for England at the WC, the rest were just shocking….

Wait til next year, Arsenal will have a few more players in the list I’m sure, not English ones though- well maybe Theo if he picks up where he left off ….

16. SD-London

October 26, 2010 at 11:23am

Yeahp you are right WATH!

Do they even care ?

If they had gone far, maybe Ashley Cole would have made the list (although i hate to say it)but even he couldn’t prevent those goals from going in.

17. SD-London

October 26, 2010 at 11:28am

Am Cool Rico,

If Walcott can improve on his end product he will because he brings something different to football.

Capello was very clueless and if he actually dropped him because Rooney didn’t feel comfortable with him, then i am not surprised he said that Rooney could be dropped if he doesn’t play well.

Rooney has substituted his untouchability for money.
    Defoe and Co will be happy with Capello’s request this morning.

18. SD-London

October 26, 2010 at 11:29am

Rooney has substituted his untouchability for money.
    Defoe and Co will be happy with Capello’s statement this morning.

October 26, 2010 at 11:32am

capello needs to grow some doo daa’s SD, not just be a puppet for the FA, i hope he stands by his comment about dropping shrek…

20. SD-London

October 26, 2010 at 11:37am

Shrek! nice one Rico

21. SD-London

October 26, 2010 at 11:39am

Even Fergie will start benching him now.

How nice if Evra refuse to sign and everybody starts asking for more money in Man Utd (i think it will happen.)

October 26, 2010 at 11:41am

Shrek has a personality though SD ;)

23. Red Arse

October 26, 2010 at 11:41am

Hi SD :-) Is “wao” Dutch?

WATH, thank you so much for being so considerate of my sensitivities! Actually, I was being ironic, (you know sardonic humour?)but, of course, I bow to your intimate knowledge of old women. Very enlightening, I am sure. :-)

You might want to try Googling to find someone who could give a stuff what Keeming thinks. ‘Fraid I can’t help. :-)

October 26, 2010 at 11:43am

Fergie/Mancs has certainly left the door wide open for that to happen SD, don’t know if you saw the article by Peirs Morgan, he said exactly the same…

I hope it happens if i’m honest, anything to upset the apple cart at OT suits us just fine….

25. Red Arse

October 26, 2010 at 11:45am

Things don’t look too good for Shrek on the marriage front. All the papers are carrying stories of collossal bust ups at the Sheikh al Buraj, between him and Colleen.

All that money and no happiness!

26. Red Arse

October 26, 2010 at 11:47am

I expect Arsene will put out a “first” eleven tomorrow night, but I hope JET and Chezzer get a run out.

I’m pretty sure Theo and Bendy will play as they need match fitness.

October 26, 2010 at 11:57am

I read that this morning too RA, few glasses went flying didn’t they…

They can have as much money as they like but money doesn’t solve massive issues which they clearly have…

You reap what you sow in this world….

28. W.A.T.H

October 26, 2010 at 11:58am

I’m always considerate to sensative elderly women RA hence I try to look out for you and Rico ;-)

October 26, 2010 at 12:00pm

JET, Chesney and Lansbury i reckon RA, and thats enough of them…

30. SD-London

October 26, 2010 at 12:06pm

Red Arse, Wao is WAO like WAO! you like Wao that was deep stuff. WAO. (its not Dutch) :)

On the papers stories about Rooney, i wouldn’t reckon with stories like that.

Sun newspaper was just looking for something to write.
    Couples fight and in Rooney’s case he just hurt his wife not long ago.

Even though this WAGs seems to be in it only for the money, they unfortunately have some little feelings so they get hurt when the husband cheats.

October 26, 2010 at 12:10pm

WATH :lol:

SD, I would have left him had I been Colon, she would get enough money from the divorce to see her through the next 500 year of living…

Credit where credit is due and i know many are not keen on Cheryl Cole but I think she is one of a few to actually do the right thing, regardless. She’s gone way up in my estimation and no doubt will be a massive influence on the younger generation….

32. SD-London

October 26, 2010 at 12:19pm

Well i am not a fan of Cheryl C because she cant sing at all and i hate being manipulated and feed by the media.(Just me)

But out of the WAGS , she has impressed me as well.

Terrys wife has being unbelievable because in less than 2weeks, she was glemming with smiles from Dubai showing off new diamonds etc.

Even if Terry had done it with her sister, she will still gladly stick with the terry in less than 2weeks.

I think Rooney tried to follow Terry’s footseps but it is not working :)
    Sorry Rooney- she has ASDA contracts out of many , TV shows, therefore you will try more than using Terry’s moves.

October 26, 2010 at 12:31pm

When she does actually sing SD shes not too bad for a pop singer ;) just wish she hadn’t mimed at the weekend ….

you are right about Colon, she has now got a career of her own in advertising, even on the Littlewoods Catalogue …

Terry’s wife, well she must have signed a pre-nup so she gets no money, why else would she stay with a thug like him… ;)

34. SD-London

October 26, 2010 at 12:37pm

I will not like to go into Cheryl Cole singing ability really but i know ladies just love her.(Understandable).
    But talking about vocals, she cant hold her own .Try and put her in thesame room with Beverly Knight, Sherly Bersy or Duffy (all british)There is a reason she wasn’t the lead vocalist in Girls Aloud.

Evra asking for more money :) the Americans will be broke soon. :)
    Who will buy a club rated at arround £800Million ?

35. SD-London

October 26, 2010 at 12:41pm

Fletcher is next,

Berbatov might even try his luck.

Oh i forgot Ferdinand but he is crocked now.

October 26, 2010 at 12:45pm

SD, i agree with you there, ther’s many far better….

back to footie, eh ;) ;)

We could all see that coming with Evra, hey ho, eh :)

37. SD-London

October 26, 2010 at 12:47pm

Fergie wants Reina : he just think he can get anyone he wants.
    Those days are gone; Rooney has taken that away from them, they are no longer invincible.

Ronaldo reading Rooney’s stories last week must have being dumb founded and thought he must be on drugs or something ;)

38. oliver

October 26, 2010 at 12:50pm

morning all. rather offbeat post, ra, but it gets your point regarding the media across quite nicely…

big win last night, but i came away not entirely satisfied. we won despite five turnovers, allowing a td on a return, and stopped playing the last five minutes, allowing dallas to make the score hugely flattering to them. on the other hand, we knocked another qb (romo) out, and (for all intents and purposes) ended their season. we have a bye this week, and then a difficult trip to seattle. it just figures that the giants play in seattle the season before i move there, and the season after i leave: so i get to miss them. it would have been nice to see them play up there.

couglin not entirely happy either. his mantra continues to be turnovers and penalties lose games. we got away with it last night, primarily because we moved the ball at will. but unless we cut these things out, it will cost us dearly down the road.

October 26, 2010 at 12:53pm

SD, Fergie can join the queue…

Can’t see the dippers letting him go now they have been taken over…
    i read the other day that part of what convinced Shrek to stay was the board giving Red Nose 100 Million to spend….. how much truth is in that though i don’t know, seeing as they are already heavily in debt!

October 26, 2010 at 12:54pm

morning oliver, did we play last night ;) ;)

41. W.A.T.H

October 26, 2010 at 12:55pm

SD agree with you re Evra, he’s a big headed egotistical little prick…. Can def see him marching into Fergie’s office demanding more loot….! closely followed by Vidic i would imagine lol

42. W.A.T.H

October 26, 2010 at 12:56pm

Oliver you really must get a grip, we’re only playing 2moro night ;-)

43. SD-London

October 26, 2010 at 12:58pm

Basically Fergie is F*&^*D

44. oliver

October 26, 2010 at 12:59pm

sorry folks – that was directed towards ra, about last night’s nfl game in dallas. in addition to supporting arsenal, we are both ny giants fans, and i wanted his thoughts on their big win last night. arsenal up at st james tomorrow – i don’t think we will see eli manning suiting up for either team!

45. W.A.T.H

October 26, 2010 at 1:03pm

Eli Manning, is that Bernards brother…?????

46. oliver

October 26, 2010 at 1:10pm

no, in fact i would call them polar opposites.

47. W.A.T.H

October 26, 2010 at 1:13pm

;-) Bernard was a large man.. polar would be apt…!

October 26, 2010 at 1:16pm

Liked turkeys didn’t he WATH… ;)

October 26, 2010 at 1:17pm

oh no, that was his uncle, Mathews… ;)

50. W.A.T.H

October 26, 2010 at 1:18pm

Trust you to lower the tone……….. :P

51. oliver

October 26, 2010 at 1:20pm

(bernard) manning was a huge man city supporter, wasn’t he? i am not sure which team eli supports…

October 26, 2010 at 1:23pm

he was huge alright oliver and had a foul mouth, must have been a fan of one of the mancs…

Tlaking of Fat fould mouthed men, who is it that’s buying Blackburn….

October 26, 2010 at 1:25pm

You know me WATH :)

54. W.A.T.H

October 26, 2010 at 1:25pm

Spot on Oliver he was indeed a citeh fan….!

55. SD-London

October 26, 2010 at 1:44pm

Ok thats enough, can we talk about tomorrow’s game?

56. W.A.T.H

October 26, 2010 at 1:45pm

Who’s playing 2moro SD…? :P

57. SD-London

October 26, 2010 at 1:51pm

Miami Heats and Chicago Bulls :)

58. W.A.T.H

October 26, 2010 at 1:52pm

Shit SD thought you had some inside info on the starting line up ;-)

October 26, 2010 at 1:53pm

SD, I was hoping RA would be around more to talk about the gutter press etc but he’s not – especially on a day that the Barca scum have been talking to their press about Cesc yet again….

60. Red Arse

October 26, 2010 at 1:55pm

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your comment re the article. :-)

Again, I only saw brief highlights of the game on ESPN, but did not know the final score at the time.

The Cowboys forcing five t/o’s and scoring on a punt would usually expect to have won such a game, having gone 20:7 up.
    That they lost and are pretty much out of the play offs is a credit to the Giants. Mike Boley seems to have been immense. Some linebacker in my opinion. :-)

Manning too was brilliant as far as I could see, and throwing 2 touchdowns in the 2nd quarter pretty much sewed the game up for us.

Got to go out now, just popped in for a minute to make sure WATH is alright. We look out for each other, or so he thinks, the poor old thing! :-)

Later.

October 26, 2010 at 1:56pm

Bimringham v Brentford

Heres tonights fixtures….

Ipswich v Northampton
    Leicester v West Brom
    Wigan v Swansea
    Man Utd v Wolverhampton.

I reckon there will be an upset on the cards…

Manure v Wolves, MM got a huge fine last season for playing an under strength side in the league against the mancs – tonight i think red nose will play his second string, wolves will play a strong side and win….

62. SD-London

October 26, 2010 at 1:58pm

Sorry WATH , don’t have the inside info. you know Wenger , he will probably surprised us again with the selection.(ask Harry Redknap)

63. SD-London

October 26, 2010 at 1:59pm

Is the CC on Sky or BBC ?

October 26, 2010 at 1:59pm

And there was me thinking you’d popped on to talk about the media and your post RA …. ;)

65. Red Arse

October 26, 2010 at 1:59pm

Just saw your comment Rico.

I will be back later, although my article has not generated much interest it seems, so my absence is no great loss! :-)

One issue I was going to mention is the number of comments that Cesc’s supposed “imaginery” yellow card gesture has generated, after he was fouled for the umpteenth time. Good on you Cesc, is my reaction. What about you? :-)

Really later, now. :-)

October 26, 2010 at 1:59pm

Sky Sports 2 SD…

67. oliver

October 26, 2010 at 2:10pm

hi ra – we did more than enough to win, but with all the mistakes and ultra-soft defense at the end, we could have easily lost. the mistakes are fixable – we just have to cut them out.

part of it is i think eli throws too many passes – 35 last night. his receivers made plenty of big plays for him, but the first two int’s also came from passes that bounced of (smith and nicks) hands. i would say run the ball more – but bradshaw and jacobs combined for over 200 yards…and each of them fumbled once.

a big win, but plenty of mistakes along the way, and room for improvement.

68. SD-London

October 26, 2010 at 2:14pm

thanks Rico.

Red Arse , you wrote a piece not an article.
    Was a good read but there was no points made to generate views.

Like i said good piece and liked the way you put the narratives together.

Promise that you wouldn’t leave us to start a writing carrier that could generate Thousands for you.

October 26, 2010 at 2:18pm

SD, you going to watch any of the games tonight? I don’t really watch any other footie but us in the evenings, unless one of our players are playing for england of course…

October 26, 2010 at 2:21pm

SD, when you going to write a post for Highbury House, you know you are welcome anytime.. :)

KTR-7 does the CL previews as he’s well up on euro
    oliver writes the match reports as he knows mine are so poor, RA and mike also write, how’s about you??

71. SD-London

October 26, 2010 at 2:22pm

Me too Rico but maybe i might watch Westbrom(Plunkers)

October 26, 2010 at 2:22pm

I was going to ask sammynelsonsbum (spelling) if he wanted to write a post too but he seems to have vanished again….

October 26, 2010 at 2:24pm

none fill me with inspiration to view to be honest and tuesday is emmerdale night ;) ;)

ok, ok, no i don’t watch emmerdale….

74. SD-London

October 26, 2010 at 2:26pm

Thanks for the invitation Rico, i will be glad to write a post.
    So many good write ups on this blog that it will be a challenge but i just let me know what to do to write a post.

October 26, 2010 at 2:33pm

Write about anything Arsenal you like SD, it can be current or not, it’s your post, your choice my friend… then, email it to me please, email address is in the contact page at the top and in the sidebar..

i look forward to that and there will never be any pressure put upon you either, it’s as you please :lol:

76. W.A.T.H

October 26, 2010 at 2:35pm

He’s a strange one Rico that SammyNelson…. makes me laugh though but comes and goes more than RA lol ;-)

He was here a few weeks back and cracked me up…. Oh well some ppl are here and some flit on and off and some just pass through… and NO i ain’t doing a post thats b4 u ask :P:P:P

77. SD-London

October 26, 2010 at 2:35pm

Ok Rico.

78. W.A.T.H

October 26, 2010 at 2:41pm

Well done SD that stops her moaning at me for a little longer lol

October 26, 2010 at 2:43pm

I’ve given up asking you WATH, you wouldn’t on AR so I have not bothered since I started HH up …

agag and Erick are my next targets :)

I saw sammy and RA ‘bonding’ the other day, since then i haven’t seen him, oh well, his choice i guess..

October 26, 2010 at 2:44pm

Thanks SD, look forward to that, tomorrows is done though so don’t rush ;) ;)

October 26, 2010 at 2:44pm

WATH, it may stop me moaning at you but i won’t give up…..

October 26, 2010 at 2:45pm

I hope the mancs go out tonight…..

October 26, 2010 at 2:46pm

Aston Villa vs Burnley
    Newcastle vs Arsenal
    West Ham vs Stoke

All tomorrow…… Hope the hammers knock out Stoke

84. W.A.T.H

October 26, 2010 at 2:50pm

Rico I saw that the other day with RA trying to get Sammy to do smileys, piss funny….. Sammy sounds pretty old skool to me….. He’s prob nearly as old as you…!! ;-)

October 26, 2010 at 3:01pm

Cheeky old tinker WATH ;)

Quite strange how quiet it is around when you think we are playing every three days at the moment…

86. Red Arse

October 26, 2010 at 3:02pm

Back again for five. :-) My other computer is churning out some quite tricky schedules so I have to keep checking and amending. Need to keep the wolf from the doorstep. :-)

Thanks for your comments earlier SD. I know what you mean about there being no points to discuss. Rico will tell you that I am a reluctant scribe, and would not choose to write except to help her out occasionally.

You have identified my weakness tho’. I am just not familiar with the blog world terminology. :-)

“A piece”, “a post”, “an article”, as we speak, all of these terms/descriptions have been used, today, on other sites to describe the same thing.

I don’t care what it’s called really but there is no overall uniformity in blogland, altho’ what I love about the English language is that we have so many words for the same or similar things.

Our language derives from old Germanic, (Anglo Saxon), with both Latin (French) and Indo-European roots. Beautiful! :-)

October 26, 2010 at 3:14pm

RA, and there was me thinking you wrote because you wanted too :( :(

October 26, 2010 at 3:15pm

See the spuds have ‘signed’ a new defender, joins in January….

89. Red Arse

October 26, 2010 at 3:18pm

Rico Pinocchio,

Has your snitch just grown longer? :-)

October 26, 2010 at 3:23pm

RA, you have lost me on that one… :(

91. oliver

October 26, 2010 at 3:31pm

arsene has indicated that szczesny, koscielny will start tomorrow evening, and that theo, bendnter, and vela will all be involved. i am fine with szczesny and kos starting, and i hope vela can at least get some meaningful minutes – i think it is fast becoming now or never for him.

hopefully the rest of the squad will be strong. arsene has indicated that jet, eastmond and lansbury will be in the squad, so hopefully the remainder will be first teamers. in many ways, this figures to be a tougher match than west ham on the weekend – although we cannot afford to take the latter lightly and lose momentum.

92. W.A.T.H

October 26, 2010 at 3:32pm

See Chez def in goal 2moro then…. wicked lets hope he is as good as he says and as good as we hope…!

93. W.A.T.H

October 26, 2010 at 3:33pm

Sorry Oliver u beat me 2 it….

October 26, 2010 at 3:34pm

oliver, good, we need to all see him, he has built himself up to be something, Young Guns have a really good article about what he ‘really said’ in his i/v about his place in the squad…

I hope just JET, Lansbury and Chesney play, the rest i hope are first team players…

95. oliver

October 26, 2010 at 3:45pm

as long as we have a good mix, i will be happy. i hope to never again see the days where we fielded a youth team and a couple of fringe experienced players. that set us up for failure, and i don’t think those losing experiences were worth going out of the cups. arsene has publicly said that we will try to win every competition, and tomorrow’s squad should reflect that. the league cup is eminently winnable this season, so we need to play like we will be the ones to win it.

October 26, 2010 at 3:50pm

oliver, you and me both – we must always send a strong enough team out that can win, not just a hope side….

we have not a better chance than this year with all the others out,….

October 26, 2010 at 3:55pm

Well, I reckon all managers lie about/for their players. It’s part of the job description. No harm, no foul, I guess. But the assertion that Almunia is good… That can’t be an innocuous one. :)

Hola, rico and oliver. rico, the stains just never stop, do they?? Ugh. oliver, can’t wait for tomorrow. I hope Wenger’s mishmashy line-ups are a thing of the past. We have to start winning even these sippy cups.

October 26, 2010 at 4:00pm

Hola agag, Almunia being good isn’t a porkie, it’s an offence :lol:

99. oliver

October 26, 2010 at 4:01pm

hi agag…it seems rico and i completely agree with you. we should use these competitions as an opportunity to further the development of our best youth players who are ready, by surrounding them with a first-team spine. that gives us the best chance of success, while serving the purpose of resting a few first-teamers, giving some squad members much-needed match action, and furthering the development of the younger players who are ready. the key is not stacking the side with young players who are not ready, as we have done in the past. yesterday’s model was a template for failure. this new model should be geared towards winning the cup, with the collateral benefits i mentioned earlier. anything else is not doing right by the club and supporters.

October 26, 2010 at 4:03pm

the stains….. just wait until the middle of december, they’ll be off on one… the are a very sad debt ridden and desperate club…

anyone else see a bit more about cesc since he came back from his latest injury… looks grumpy in a right kind of way, almost like he’s got a no-nonsense attitude about him….

October 26, 2010 at 4:04pm

I promised myself, I’d be kinder to Almunia… And yet… :)

102. oliver

October 26, 2010 at 4:05pm

rico, cesc is playing with an edge that our team has lacked for several years. i think nasri has a similar edge, and i hope it spreads throughout the squad. we badly need a “don’t %$&@ with us” attitude, especially against the chelseas and man uniteds.

103. SD-London

October 26, 2010 at 4:07pm

I hope so too Rico , because Oliver’s list seems to have many of the young ones and looking like it will be walcott and Bendtner on the bench as senior players.

Newcastle are not a small fry , i will suggest Wenger should put Rosicki in the mix with Arshavin on the bench , chamarkh rested, Ebue on the right, Clichy on the bench in case Gibbs get injured(is he playing?)

October 26, 2010 at 4:10pm

Completely agree, oliver. While these cups are excellent platforms to test our young ‘uns on the big stage; it can’t be good for the team’s morale to squander yet another chance at silverware. That’s an extravagance we cn i-ll aford. It’s not even as if we have many chances, why throw away a realistic one??

105. oliver

October 26, 2010 at 4:11pm

i agree, sd. i think rosicky and eboue are among those who will feature. i think arshavin is a player who can use a rest, as rosicky and vela may both feature. gibbs definitely to start, and i imagine diaby will figure as well.

i also agree that we need to take newcastle seriously. even though he is a spuddie, i still have a lot of time for chris hougton, and will be happy to see him succeed at newcastle, so long as it is not at arsenal’s expense. don’t forget that we are facing newcastle tomorrow because they won at stamford bridge in the previous round. so they need to be treated with respect, and i expect arsene’s team selection to show this.

106. oliver

October 26, 2010 at 4:12pm

not only that, agag, but i do not think the importance of this young, home-grown squad finally winning a trophy. a domestic cup is just as good as the league title, for giving them the taste of winning, and the confidence to do it again.

October 26, 2010 at 4:12pm

and Jack oliver, he doesn’t give a flying &*^% either :)

108. SD-London

October 26, 2010 at 4:14pm

when you win the world cup and you were involved in the winning pass then you play with an edge in the league.

That is why he is world class and Rooney is not, the media has his own disillusioned idea but he didn’t make the FIFA list so there you go.

Fabregas is the best midfielder in the premier league right now.

October 26, 2010 at 4:16pm

SD, i am not wenger and i know WATH will come here any minute and tell me off for guessing our side, but this would be my pick….

Chesney
    Sagna Kos JD Gibbs
    Lansbury Denilson Diaby
    Walcott Nik Vela/JET

October 26, 2010 at 4:19pm

Subs – Song/Eastmond, Chamakh, Eboue, Rosicky, JET/Vela, Nasri, Fabianski

111. K-TR7

October 26, 2010 at 4:19pm

Afternoon all.if you thought clichy has a poor cross…wayne bridge has put 49 crosses this season with none of them finding his teammate.

112. oliver

October 26, 2010 at 4:19pm

rico, that is similar to what i thought, except that i think eboue may be involved, probably at sagna’s expense. i think eastmond will figure at some point as well, depending upon how the match unfolds.

October 26, 2010 at 4:20pm

oliver, we’re a loooong way yet from lifting the trophy, but this just could be our year. No place for complacence now. I wish the thirst for titles that all our players have spoken of at one point or another manifests in action tomorrow, oliver.

October 26, 2010 at 4:21pm

Well said SD, he is certainly a world class player, and the stains valued him for half of what he is valued at…

Actually, for me, he’s priceless….

115. oliver

October 26, 2010 at 4:21pm

we’ll see what happens, agag. nothing is guaranteed, but the path to this particular trophy is clearer than it was a round ago. it is time for these players to show more than potential and coming close in competitions. legacies are defined by trophies, and this arsenal side does not yet have a legacy. now is time to start.

October 26, 2010 at 4:23pm

rico, to address your earlier, the stains are going down; it won’t be long now, Madrid will be winning every other trophy… :)

SD, Cesc is the best MF in the prem; and certainly in the top 5 the world over. Good for us, he’s just 23. Now, if only he were to stay put…

October 26, 2010 at 4:23pm

oliver, only put sagna in there as he needs playing time and he would be my choice over eboue, i do however think wenger will play eboue and eastmond…

October 26, 2010 at 4:25pm

KT, I am certain you don’t mean me re; Clichy. :) :)

October 26, 2010 at 4:26pm

we will never get a better chance to win this trophy and that is not said to undermind any club left in, sounds stupid i know but wenger now makes a choice, we have the players to win the CC, its down to whether Wenger picks the right side to win it….

October 26, 2010 at 4:27pm

rico, yes PDE is priceless. :oops:

October 26, 2010 at 4:27pm

Hi KT, didn’t see you sneak in there ;) I thought Bridge was shocking on sunday, Sagna’s crossing however was very much better….

Clichy on the other hand…. sorry agag ;)

122. Red Arse

October 26, 2010 at 4:29pm

Not a bad team Rico.

Oliver, you go and wash your mouth out! Don’t mention Eastmond and Arsenal in the same breath.

Having stood in cold, wet misery, at Barnett, watching Eastmond in the youth teams for 2 or 3 years, I simply cannot get my head around the fact he is still at the club, while other better players have been released!

123. SD-London

October 26, 2010 at 4:30pm

Wenger will play ebue

Rico : I am Wenger ;) this is my selection

Chesney
    ebue Kos Djurou Gibbs

Denilson,Fabregas,Daiby

Walcott JET?Bendtner Vela

Pat Rice can chose the subs :)

October 26, 2010 at 4:31pm

PDE agag, does that mean – pretty darn expensive ;)

i know really ;)

October 26, 2010 at 4:32pm

Clichy was NOT terrible on Sunday, rico. Haha. I shall limit myself to an appraisal only of our most recent performance…

October 26, 2010 at 4:32pm

Trouble is agag, can’t stand Jose either, I wish Valencia would win everything or any other spanish side than them two….

127. oliver

October 26, 2010 at 4:34pm

actually, i don’t have that big a problem with eastmond. regardless of what either of us feel, arsene still rates him and has stated he (eastmond) will be in the squad tomorrow. i think he will be on the pitch at some point tomorrow night, so here is hoping he can make the most of it – and that the whole team makes the most of the opportunity we have in front of us.

128. SD-London

October 26, 2010 at 4:35pm

bye

October 26, 2010 at 4:36pm

RA, eastmond has reportedly got better this season, haven’t seen him though… jury is out on him for me…

October 26, 2010 at 4:36pm

He’s PDE when I’m all :oops: . Generally, he makes me :) :) :) . But talk of the stains only means :x .

rico, but Valencia lost its two starriest stars. Did Mata stay put? I don’t mind Hercules winning… Haha.

131. oliver

October 26, 2010 at 4:36pm

sd, it is interesting that you put cesc in the side. i would think that he would be rested, but now i remember that cesc is only recently back from injury and jack is suspended. if cesc needs a breather, it is logical to rest him in a situation where jack can come in…

October 26, 2010 at 4:37pm

agag, no you are right – Clichy wasn’t terrible on Sunday :) Well, not this last Sunday ;)

October 26, 2010 at 4:38pm

See ya SD, be back tomorrow I hope, it’s match day :)

October 26, 2010 at 4:40pm

Goodbye, SD.

135. K-TR7

October 26, 2010 at 4:41pm

I have never been convinced by eastmond.

October 26, 2010 at 4:44pm

any other side in spain would do me agag, ever At Madrid :)

137. oliver

October 26, 2010 at 4:44pm

another thing to remember is that newcastle have a weekend derby against the mackems coming up – those tyne-wear derbies are always the biggest matches for those two sides. so regardless of what hughton or any of the players say, that will be the larger priority. a strong, balanced arsenal squad should be able to make the most of that as well.

138. Red Arse

October 26, 2010 at 4:51pm

You are the man KT. :-)

I have felt like a voice in the wilderness, but then if everyone had seen what I have seen at Barnett, there would be no dispute!

I am genuinely flabbergasted and don’t understand it.

Rico, you say he has got better this season. I have not been to any reserve team games this year, except one, so I rely on Young Guns/Jeorge Bird reports, and they don’t seem to be too impressed either.

Anyway, that is my last word on Eastmond! :-)

139. K-TR7

October 26, 2010 at 5:02pm

RA I have never understood all the fuss about him.JET on the other hand will go as far as his attitude.

October 26, 2010 at 5:03pm

oliver, i think surviving in the PL is more important for newcastle this season, like you i think they will be thinking of the weekend fixture, they did against the chavs i think and left the like of carroll on the bench…

Ameobi was their sar man that night…

October 26, 2010 at 5:05pm

I am unconvinced by him RA, however, not going to write him off just yet, wenger rates him… time will tell…

i think newcastles dip in form has something to do with losing Ben Arfa, he was on fire before having his leg broke!!

October 26, 2010 at 5:06pm

sar man = star man…. ameobi..

October 26, 2010 at 5:09pm

RA, i say that about Eastmond as I am not keen on judging a player through someone elses eyes, we all see things so different, just like some rave about diaby and some don’t… (just an example)

I prefer so see a player play for myself and then i can back up my reasons for my comment on how good or bad he is.. (imho of course)

144. Red Arse

October 26, 2010 at 5:17pm

Arsene was talking about JET on ATVO a little while ago, and I have never before heard such high praise given to a player by Arsene.

Now JET has always been a brilliant player for all the youth teams. Absolute class and in many ways I think he is just as good as, if not better than, Jack.

Different type of players, of course, but if he can keep his weight under control and sharpen up physically, you just watch him go. If he fails at Arsenal (unlikely) then I think the Giants should get him, Oliver! :-)

145. Red Arse

October 26, 2010 at 5:19pm

You are right to come to your own conclusions, Rico. In fact, I hope I am wrong, just not holding my breath.

October 26, 2010 at 5:22pm

RA, don’t get me wrong, I am far from convinced by him and a few others, but, he has been messed around in his position, typical wenger….

I saw that about JET, great praise yes, but is it right before he has ‘really’ made it with us?? Didn’t he once say similar about Pennant, Merida etc…

Where are they now…

October 26, 2010 at 5:26pm

I think we will be surprised RA, I can see JET being overtaken by a few others and make the break through quicker than he does, Chuks, Sunu, freeman (when fit again) ebven Afobe….

Walcott and Kos are starting tomorrow, confirmed by AW

148. K-TR7

October 26, 2010 at 5:27pm

Vela should regroup since if he does not perform the likes of wellington and JET will surpass him.

149. K-TR7

October 26, 2010 at 5:32pm

I see the Ballon d’Or being won by iniesta or sneijder.hopefully next year we’ll have a couple more of our own in that shortlist.

October 26, 2010 at 5:35pm

KT, i suggested the same earlier, next year we will have 4/5 players up for the award…

151. Red Arse

October 26, 2010 at 5:39pm

Rico,

I’m afraid we disagree again. From what I have seen, Sunu, Vela and especially Freeman are not going to make it at Arsenal, far be it from surpassing JET.

Freeman, while on loan, has hardly played because he is so poor. Vela has obviously not been given enough chances and I expect him to be on his way soon.

Sunu is working his ticket and wants to go back to France.

KT, Iniesta for me, on his performances last year, altho’ he has not been so good this season, so far.

October 26, 2010 at 5:43pm

RA, Freeman hasn’t played, he’s been out injured for two months (ish) i think, leg break and back at arsenal….

October 26, 2010 at 5:44pm

Sunu has just signed a new long term contract…. hes going nowhere RA ;)

154. K-TR7

October 26, 2010 at 5:47pm

RA have you watched iniesta this season?he is barca’s best player at the moment, even messi is not close to him at the moment.

155. Red Arse

October 26, 2010 at 5:55pm

Rico,

Freeman played 56 mins for Yeovil in their 2:0 loss, before getting the hook. Even so, he is rubbish. Sorry.

Young guns recently said Sunu was unhappy and wanted to leave. Again, like Freeman he is rubbish. (Rubbish by Arsenal standards, of course).

KT, I generally watch RM and Barca on Saturday nights. Don’t misunderstand me, I have already said Iniesta is the man for me, I am simply voicing an opinion, that i don’t feel he (or Barca) are playing as well as last season).

Well, that’s all from me folks, see you all tomorrow! :-)

October 26, 2010 at 5:57pm

I just checked that about Freeman RA, I may be wrong, i was sure i read he was injured – please accept my appologies ;)

157. Red Arse

October 26, 2010 at 5:58pm

Sorry, Rico,

Just checked Young Guns, and I loaded an old file. My Yeovil comment was rubbish. (rubbish meaning crap by any standards, in my case!) :-)

Tomorrow, oh knowledgeable one. (he is still rubbish!) :-)

October 26, 2010 at 6:00pm

RA, we will have to agree to differ with our opinions, time will tell…. Have a good evening….

159. Red Arse

October 26, 2010 at 6:02pm

Rico,

I have just re-loaded Young Guns and it appears I was right first time. He did play for Yeovil, nursing his broken leg presumably! :-)

Definitely Bye now!

October 26, 2010 at 6:08pm

did i not earlier say sorry RA, i got it wrong????

salt and wound?? ;)

October 26, 2010 at 6:23pm

I’m offski all,

stay safe and see you all tomorrow,

Nighty night

October 27, 2010 at 8:52am

Morning all, anyone around?

October 27, 2010 at 9:00am

Jammy mancs last night then!!

164. T-buzz

October 27, 2010 at 9:17am

Morning!
    Little Pea is proving to be hot cake at the moment, his style of play reminds me of a young Michael Owen

October 27, 2010 at 9:33am

Morning T-buzz, I just put the new post up, bring yourself over with the Little Pea comment :)

October 27, 2010 at 9:34am