About these ads

What a load of codswallap – The bit about De Jong I mean!

Many people think that our rivals on Sunday have a real chance of dislodging the Chavs and Mancs off the top of the Premiership next May. Yes they have money, yes they have a couple of great players in Yaya and Silva but what they don’t have is great team spirit. Bellamy has gone on loan to Cardiff as he was peed off with the atmosphere at Citeh, Tevez has recently suggested he may retire from football all together so he can’t be as happy as some think. Lardybayor has either been out of favour or spouting about moving on to another club and Mark Hughes best signing is nowhere to be seen.

Add to that, there aren’t many days when you read a morning newspaper without seeing a critical comment about the clubs Italian manager….

Last season we got beat at Eastlands twice, tomorrow will not see that statistic become three, I truly believe we will get something form the game. In fact my heart says we will get all three points..

The way City have started the season, they certainly don’t look like potential champions of anything let alone the league but what counts is getting results when playing rubbish and against the Chavs and Dippers they certainly did that. Like us they have had many injuries but with their money they have many good players to call upon so I see that as a poor excuse really.

One thing I did read though about one of their players which I couldn’t believe anyone could have the brass neck to write was this,

I don’t think it’s fair at all the criticism Nigel De Jong has received. There was that one challenge and to my mind it wasn’t that bad a tackle. There wasn’t any intent, it was certainly a very strong and hard tackle but I genuinely don’t think it was that bad. He’s only got two yellow cards this season, which is less than a lot of players in the Premier League. He’s not really that type of player. People remember the World Cup Final and that was a red card offence but that was out of character. I can’t remember him being involved in another bad tackle this season or last season. He’s a firm tackler and a hard tackler but he’s not a dirty player.

Written by Stuart Brennan of the Manchester Evening News!

What tripe!

I wrote a post earlier this month about bad tackles and dirty players. De Jong is a dirty player who makes dirty tackles both for club and country, just ask the management of the Holland side why he’s been dropped.

Tomorrow we need a strong referee, not a referee that goes on the hunt for De Jong but one that is vigilant and fair.

Just as the bad tackles need to be spotted and dealt with, so do the constant niggly ones. They are not career threatening but are just enough to stop the player time and time again.  Both Jack Wilshere and Cesc Fabregas are just two players of  ours who seem to be targeted for this kind of tackle. This happened to Jack all through last weekends game and they went unpunished by the referee. No doubt he’d had enough by the time he committed his naughty tackle which saw him receive a justified red card. Had all those committed against him during the game been spotted, maybe he wouldn’t have made that tackle…

We know he won’t be involved tomorrow but Cesc and Theo will be, they will be the targets for the niggly tackles, no doubt Citeh players will do all they can to stop them.

My only hope is that whoever referees our game does all he can to stop them doing that……

On to the gossip - PSV have confirmed that the player nearly all Arsenal fans have wanted to Arsene Wenger to sign will be for sale in January.

A statement on the club’s official website read: “PSV and Ibrahim Afellay have jointly concluded that, for several reasons, it is unrealistic to have his contract extended.

“Afellay has pledged to make every effort to ensure he would not leave PSV without a reasonable fee for the club.”

Me, I think the chance of him signing for the club we all love is little to none, in any case, Wenger would wait until the summer and try to get him on a free ;)

Finally, The Evening Standard reported yesterday that Gary Cahill is Arsene Wengers principal  target in January and he will test Bolton with a £10 millon bid… See above for my thoughts on this one ;)

Have a good day all….

About these ads

107 Responses to Afellay and Cahill up for grabs, De Jong unfairly treated and doesn’t deserve all the criticism

1. rico says:

morning all

2. W.A.T.H says:

Have ya mizz’d me ;-) Morning Rico……… How’s you, how woz ya hols…. Hope you not got tan marks :D

3. rico says:

Morning WATH, spooky, was just thinking I haven’t seen you in ages on here, nor Erick and agag, must round up a search party ;)

Not quite hot enough for a tan, but warm and sunny, unlike today of course it’s bloomin chilly….

4. W.A.T.H says:

Oh don’t me that ole rubbish u wasn’t thinking about me at all………. bla bla bla….! Well if I ain’t beena round nor erick or AGAG am sure you’ve had a few virgins on here, no that wouldn’t be you RA…! Have ya not heard from Erick or AGAG they both ok, AGAG prob off on more hols just like you ;-)

5. rico says:

It’s true, honest ;)

agag was here early in the week and i have heard from Erick on FB, he’s just really busy – i expect they will be around today or tommorow after we thrash Citeh…

6. W.A.T.H says:

Hmmm thrash citeh, u high on that sea air still…?
    lol we’ll see about that, if we can control the midfield and not get bullied I think we could win, gotta expose them at the back they very rash with kolo and that doughnut lescott… Theo should roast em…!

7. Red Arse says:

Morning Rico, and WATH. :-)

I was just thinking, that it was just as well WATH was not around on Wednesday, to read my comment revealing how I thought I had seen him at the match. :-)

A lucky escape, methinks.

8. Red Arse says:

Rico,

Affellay has already said he will only sign for either Liverpuddle or Manure.

That’s that then!

9. W.A.T.H says:

I read the comment RA just not had any time this week to even break wind let alone comment but I did have a chuckle at your vivid imagination….! You can relax it def wasn’t me I was in the pub the whole game..!

10. rico says:

Morning RA,

mancs have no money and the dippers are no longer very attractive, i think we have just as much chance, if of course wenger is interested ;)

WATH, i think we will win by an odd goal :)

11. W.A.T.H says:

Any idea who the ref is…? I ask but I don’t really wanna know cos they all shit and all give us sweet fa cos they hate us…. yes am a paranoid Gooner who hates refs…. ;-)

12. rico says:

No idea WATH, like you say, they are all pants!

13. W.A.T.H says:

I see RA has vanished again…. off being a blog slut as usual lol……… :D

14. rico says:

It’s very quiet here :(

15. agirlagunner says:

Boo!

Rico, Affelay gets my two thumbs up. :oops: Our midfield’s already packed though, where do we put him?? (sorry, I promise, I’ve been reading, but I was sick then I was busy now I’m just sick of being busy… ;) )

Hola, WATH, paranoid gooner. Howdy? No hols until late November. ;) More’s the pity. And January again. Haha. I am hopeless.

16. W.A.T.H says:

It is indeed, right am off got a few chores to do and then a bit of work see you back here bit lata this afternoon, have a good day Rico and stay wrapped up nice n warm…!

17. rico says:

Boo to you agag, you arrive and I have to go off for a couple of hours :(

Thumbs up, for footie reasons agag, or other ;) ;)

Sorry to hear you have been poorly, but glad to hear you are better…

Right, back around 2.30 ish, laters all

18. W.A.T.H says:

AH AGAG eloo sexy lady, sick and busy, thats not good either of them… Hope your feeling better now :-) Ok best I stay and be sociable for a bit then lol oi no comments from u either re sociable Rico…!

19. W.A.T.H says:

Oh so now it’s just me and AGAG all on our lonesome Hmmmmm :D

20. agirlagunner says:

Silly, WATH. :) What have you been busy with?

21. agirlagunner says:

rico, footie AND otherwise. Haha. I’m in and out, too. I’m sewing. Imagine!

22. W.A.T.H says:

Busy with work AGAG. . . . just been taking a lot of time and ppl changing what they want and how they want it… painful some ppl but such is life eh…. You feeling better now..?

23. Red Arse says:

Hi Agag,

Hope you are feeling better.

Just a swift visit, so I must leave you and the handsome WATH alone. Be good. :-)

24. K-TR7 says:

Howdy all.City can’t handle quick and incisive passing which will be the best way to beat them.

25. W.A.T.H says:

Oh RA your such a blog slut where have you been swanning off to now…??? :P

26. W.A.T.H says:

KT, how’s you fella all good I hope

27. W.A.T.H says:

One minute I’m a 4ft dwarf dressed in pink lycra RA and now I’m handsome… you do so worry me at times….! lol

28. agirlagunner says:

I’m much better, WATH. I cannot stand people who don’t know what they want. But there are a lot of them, it seems. What can you do? ;)

RA, where are you going? And I’m always good. It’s WATH who needs reminding that he should behave. ;)

29. W.A.T.H says:

Thing is AGAG they the client they allowed to change thier mind their attitude is they paying they can do what they want so you have to bite your tongue and get on with it, me biting my tongue is very difficult ;-)

Me behave, AGAG good behaviour is boring…. a little miscief never hurt anyone :-)

30. agirlagunner says:

Hey, KT. Howdy? We’ll beat them, I’m optimistic.

WATH, you could be a handsome Sleepy, Dopey, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Doc, Bashful.

That could work. :) (reconsiders)… Or Not.

31. Red Arse says:

I’m back again, for a mo’ so thought I would tell you a joke to cheer you up.

Agag, close your eyes. :-)

A guy goes to see the doctor, because he’s been a little TOO well endowed. In fact, it’s a 25 incher and he can’t get any woman interested in him.
    Anyway, the doctor says there’s nothing he can do medically, but sends him to see a witch that he thinks might be able to help.

The witch takes a look at the problem (yikes!) and tells him to go to a particular pond, deep in the forest, and talk to a frog that lives there. “Ask the frog to marry you and each time the frog says no, you’ll be 5 inches shorter,”
    Worth a try, he thinks, and off he dashes into the forest. He finds the pond and sees the frog on the other side, sitting on a log. “Will you marry me?” he calls to the frog.

The frog looks at him, disinterested at best, and calls back, “No.”

The guy looks down and sure enough, he’s 5 inches shorter. Hey, this is great he thinks — let’s try that again. “Will you marry me?” he asks the frog.

The frog rolls her eyes, and shouts back again, “No!”

Twitch — the guy’s down to 15 inches. Well, that’s still a bit excessive, he thinks. Down another 5 would be perfect. So he calls across to the frog, again, “Will you marry me?”

Exasperated, the Frog yells back, “Look – how many times do I have to tell you? — No.No.NO!”

Be careful what you wish for! :-)

32. Red Arse says:

Agag,

What WATH means is that I am a blog tart.

I write articles for a couple of other sites too, and hop around chatting on all of them, usually all at the same time. :-)

33. W.A.T.H says:

RA thats sooooooooooooooooooooo bad……! I think you should go tell that elsewhere now…!

34. Red Arse says:

Darn it. The spuds have just equalised.

If you think Flappy is bad, take a look at Tim Howard. truly dreadful keeping.

35. W.A.T.H says:

I will not watch the swampies !!

36. agirlagunner says:

RA, poor frog. So terribly imposed upon. ;) Is VDV playing? Imay be tempted to take a peek…

37. Erick says:

Howdy People how is the going :-)

38. Red Arse says:

Agag,

VDV is playing and I am having to change my mind.

He is playing really well and is certainly a big asset to Spurs.

You could be right about him. Darn it! :-)

39. agirlagunner says:

Hello, Erick!! :) How are you? Are watching the Tiny Totts?

40. Erick says:

RA what a frog?

41. Red Arse says:

Hi Erick,

Good to see you. I hear you are very busy.

You will probably be a millionaire by 2012 with all the work you are doing! :-) Keep it up.

42. W.A.T.H says:

RA, blindness is misleading you, he is merely an asset to the swampies due to them being so utterly shit… He would not bring anything to us just maybe keep the bench warm…!

Erick how’s you mate…!

AGAG don’t you dare go peek at the swampies you’ll be banished to your room lol ;-) ok ok I’ll join you if you want :D

43. Erick says:

Howd Agag am good and am not watching the spuds just relaxing its been a tough week. Sewing :-) :-)

44. Red Arse says:

Erick,

A frog is a little green amphibian which has big eyes and lives in ponds and croaks.

The frog character is used in fairy stories. The most well known story is the one where the Princess kisses the frog who turns into a charming prince and marries her.

I heard that joke in a pub last night and had to clean it up! :-)

45. Erick says:

RA i know a frog :-) :-) Howdy Bandit still abusing the GG i see

46. agirlagunner says:

RA, and he was sold at a bargain basement price. Imagine how he’d have linked up with Robin. Shame. :(

Erick, read the joke above. You’ll probably find it haha. Yes, sewing. I’m feeling all domestikitty today. You’ll be done with school in no time at all, and then you save up and see our team smash five past Chelsea at The Emirates. Now that sounds like a plan, yes? :)

No prob, WATH. If you’re a dab hand at needlepoint, you’re welcome to join me. Go get that thimble…

47. Erick says:

I got the Joke Agag RA is naughty what a plan Agag am looking forward to it oh to be a gooner

48. W.A.T.H says:

The thimble is fine AGAG but I’ll aslo bring along a nice couple of frosty cold glasses for the GG. . . Been a good lad lately Erick the GG is on ration.

49. Erick says:

I thought I would never hear that from you Sailor so what do you think of Fabianski he has been massive in my book

50. W.A.T.H says:

Erick, Flapianski and massive do not go in the same sentence……..!! ;-)

I’ll reserve comment until the end of the season adnsee how many points he costs us until then he has so far been better than before but on previous form thats hardly difficult either is it..?!?!?!?

51. Erick says:

He has improved may be he has it in him lets wait and see bt I thought he was great at the bridge

52. W.A.T.H says:

As said Erick he could hardly get much worse could he. . . . . He has been solid last few games and thats an improvement so lets hope he keeps getting better……… and better……… and better :D

53. K-TR7 says:

Tiny totts have been held by everton 1-1.

54. K-TR7 says:

It looks like drogba has borrowed bendy’s pink boots.

55. agirlagunner says:

I’m done sewing. My needlework won’t pass quality control, it must be said. :)

And that is great to hear, KT. :) Who scored?

56. Erick says:

I hope so too :-) wath Agag Baines and VDV

57. K-TR7 says:

Baines and vdv agag.

58. Erick says:

Kt Niaje mtu wangu habari ya Uk hapa Nai ni mvua kibao tu

59. K-TR7 says:

Poa tu erick.chavs 1 nil up.malouda

60. Erick says:

Wazi jo Crap a must win tommorrow

61. rico says:

Afternoon everyone, i’m back… finally ;)

62. Erick says:

Rico :-) :-) how have you been

63. Erick says:

We have been learning abt the frogs from the naughty Proffesor :-)

64. rico says:

Howdy Erick – all good thanks, you?

Naughty professor or nutty professor ;)

65. agirlagunner says:

rico, were you perhaps, watching your favorite DVD? (clears throat) :D

66. rico says:

Ha ha agag, i haven’t been watching any DVD’s, especially of potato head… (wish he was a gooner though :( )
    ;)

67. Erick says:

Who is potato head :-) ?

68. Erick says:

Am relaxing atleast Rico am going to be a millionaire according to nutty proffesor :-)

69. agirlagunner says:

rico, we missed out on that Dutch, fingers crossed, we can get one or two others come January. ;)

70. agirlagunner says:

Erick, when you’re a millionaire (always “when”, never “if”) you can buy everyone CL finals tickets where Arsenal thumps Barcelona. ;)

71. rico says:

Erick, good, you need to after a busy week ;)

agag, i’m really looking forward to our own little Wellie to come in, VdV is just having beginners luck, VDW is the player you want isn’t it ;)

72. agirlagunner says:

In addition to the Dutch star in your post today (not the leg-breaker), yes VDW. And the keeper, too. :)

73. agirlagunner says:

Five goals in as many games isn’t a bad return though. Haha.

74. K-TR7 says:

2 nil chavs.kalou

75. rico says:

Ah, triple dutch rather than double dutch agag, i realised you are keen on Afellay, i’d like those three too, and a DM :)

76. agirlagunner says:

And Elia, rico. That boy is good. :) But then, we have Little Jack.

Another clean sheet, for the chavs, then, KT?

77. Erick says:

Agag without hesitating and we are all sat in the VIP Section :-)

78. Erick says:

Morrow is a must win a draw means we are 7 points behind the Chavs again that not good

79. agirlagunner says:

Good one, Weeds. :) :) And there would be butlers serving us vintage bubbly and canapes.

80. rico says:

Erick & agag, we will win tomorrow :)

No more young uns agag, a bit of old bones is needed ;)

81. agirlagunner says:

I’m sensing a win, too :) Which old ones have you in mind?

82. K-TR7 says:

It seems most of you are very optimistic about tomorrow.i on the other hand am not sure about it but we’ll have a very strong side there tomorrow thats for sure.

83. rico says:

agag, WATH ;) ;)

KT, I always believe we will win, like you say though we have a strong side out, Sagna is back, as is Theo and Cesc – we have Rosicky, Nasri and two CF’s who need to keep scoring….

If only one or two of their players are off the boil, we will come away with something….

84. K-TR7 says:

Rico i don’t want to jinx it so i’ll not give my prediction…and has anyone ever noticed that twichy is always 2 players short?…

85. rico says:

is that his words KT? or does he have two players injured…

go on, be honest and tell us what you think will happen tomorrow, i think we will nick it 2-1 or 3-2

86. K-TR7 says:

Rico its what twichy keeps on saying.he said it again this week.rico am keeping my cards close to my chest…

87. agirlagunner says:

3-1 to us. :) But then again, I have never predicted an Arsenal loss. Ever. In my happy little alternate universe, we only ever win. :)

I hope there isn’t another red card. This season. we seem to be always involved in games where a red is shown. :(

88. rico says:

That’s cheating KT, you have the upper hand then regardless of the outcome ;)

89. rico says:

There is always a first time agag, tomorrow will be that day :)

90. K-TR7 says:

Rico it isn’t cheating.contrary to everyone i think we’ll keep a cleansheet with fabianski making a wonder save…

91. Pat says:

I reckon its going to be a big big score, with both sides attacking continuously. A great game to watch and a 4-2 win for us!

And as for Affellay, Wenger will only buy him if Cesc is offski next summer, in other words – no chance!

92. rico says:

KT, just teasing you, i thought you realised that :(

0-0 then…

93. K-TR7 says:

Rico i didn’t say we won’t score.

94. agirlagunner says:

KT, you’re being all secretive! :)

95. rico says:

so you think we will win then KT…

hi pat, i think if cesc ever goes the club will keep the money, we have jack, nasri, rosicky, lansbury….. but i don’t think cesc is going anywhere yet…

96. rico says:

agag :lol:

i thought you were suggesting we wouldn’t win KT..

97. agirlagunner says:

Pat, hope springs eternal. :)

98. K-TR7 says:

Rico we won’t lose…my opininn anyway.

99. agirlagunner says:

rico, if we keep on commenting and asking, we’d be able to guess KT’s prediction. ;)

100. K-TR7 says:

You ladies are ganging up on me…not in a good way anyway…

101. rico says:

KT, i knew we’d get it out of you ;)

agag ;)

102. rico says:

For sure we are not KT, never ever … :(

103. K-TR7 says:

You only know half of my prediction ladies.the other half you won’t get it out of me.

104. rico says:

You are a tease KT ;)

Right fine folk, its that time for me ;)

Nighty night all and catch up tomorrow, you all stay safe….

105. agirlagunner says:

KT predicts 2-0 or 2-1. :P Nightynight, all! :)

106. K-TR7 says: